Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ The Capsule Corp get together ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 5
 
Back at Capsule Corp., Bunny Briefs and her guests were wondering what became of Bulma and her friends. They were supposed to have returned from their `girl chat' two hours ago to join the main party in the home. Having seen Vegeta leave so unceremoniously had not gone unnoticed by Piccolo and Goku. Both tried to keep it hush hush though, so as not to disturb the other guests.
Minutes later, Piccolo watched Vegeta streaking in for a landing. He snorted to himself in mild relief at the sign of Vegeta carrying Bulma in a rather suggestive manner. Vegeta glanced around, and came to a halt, hovering just inches above the ground. He glanced left to right, sensing the Namekian was near. Slowly he shook Bulma and said, "Wench, wake up already… you're snoring is driving me nuts…"
"Huh, what?" she mumbled. She blinked, realizing that Vegeta was holding her with a smug look on his face, three feet above the ground.
"You're lucky you didn't catch flies in your mouth," he smirked.
"Put me down, you…" she yelped. Vegeta gave her a wicked grin and shot over the swimming pool.
"You sure?"'
"You wouldn't dare…"
"I'm tempted…" he laughed mischievously. Bulma let out a scream, and felt herself dropping. Instead of a splash she landed with a solid thump on one of the plush deckchairs.
"Jerk," she cursed, shaking her fist at him. Vegeta landed next to her.
"Now, are you going to work on that ship or what?" he asked.
"Give me a minute you bastard… dammit," she mumbled. Vegeta grabbed the front of her dress and playfully set her on her feet. She stumbled a bit, slapping off his hand.
"I'm putting it in your excuse for a lab," he said. "I hope you're not going to keep me waiting long, because I'm getting pretty impatient…"
"Give me a break… it's Saturday, and the party is tomorrow!" Bulma yelled at him. "I'll work on it tonight, so shut up already! What's wrong with the other GT?"
"Whatever. But I'm getting pretty pissed off at the wait…" he snorted. "I have training to do… so you'd better hope the GT is working…"
"It's working fine, jerk off. Go knock yourself out!"
Bulma saw Yamucha and Krillen coming in for a landing, and saw Vegeta take off and streak towards the small guesthouse where he had his quarters. She saw the lights of the chamber and heard the hum of power crackling in the small generator, then turned with a huff towards the back door of the courtyard.
"Bulma dear, we were worried! The caterer just called and wanted to know what time the party was going to start, and how many sheet cakes you'll need…"
"Give me a few minutes Mom… I just got back from flying with that jerk Vegeta…"
"Oh, did you now… that must have been so romantic," Bunny laughed.
"Don't even start with me. He picked me up and dragged me out of that shop, embarrassed me in front of my friends… and dragged me to this island… and then brought me back here…" Bulma started. She left out the part about the Red Ribbon base though, because she knew Bunny didn't need to jump to any conclusions at this point.
"Bulma… hey, are you all right?" Ami asked.
"I'm fine… let's go in and have some food… I'm starving," Bulma said quickly.
"Oh there you two are! Did you have a nice flight with the boys?" asked Bunny Briefs, before Yamucha and Krillen could storm on her. Shooting her mom a look of thanks, Bulma hurried quickly inside to check her makeup and stop her heart from pounding. Her face was flushed and hot, and she didn't care to answer any comments her friends would throw at her right now.
"Bulma…" Yamucha called before Bunny got in his way.
"Oh, let her go. She's just going to freshen up a bit…" Bunny urged. "You two must be famished… I think there's some nice sandwiches left… and your friends are wondering where you ran off to… looks like you two had quite a good time…"
"Mrs. Briefs… hey," said Yumi, straightening out her hair.
"I don't feel too good," Ami groaned. Yamucha turned and gallantly picked her up to carry her.
"Let me help you…"
"I'm gonna throw up…" she groaned.
"Oh dear…" Bunny Briefs gasped as she bustled them all inside.
***
"That was a 200 dollar jacket," Yamucha groaned as Ami emerged from the downstairs powder room.
"You okay?" Goku asked as he saw Bunny leading the pink haired rock star out of the bathroom.
"I'm fine… I just need some antacid…"
"What happened to her?" asked Goku, turning to Krillen.
"Um, just trying to keep Yamucha from doing something… he'd regret…" Krillen said grabbing Goku's arm. "Can we uh talk in private…?”
"Sure, what's up?" Goku asked. "I think there are some of those sandwiches left… want one?"
"Thanks…" Krillen said, patiently taking a sandwich off Goku's large tray. He munched it hungrily and led his friend away form the general earshot. Bunny flittered about, introducing Yumi and Ami to the people assembled. This included the Z fighters, and other people who were in Bulma's social circle. OR at least her parents circle that is.
Chichi stood talking to Yumi as she saw her husband and Krillen walk away from the main group. Piccolo strode stoically inside, and grunted a greeting to both females. Ami blinked up at the seven foot green alien and leaned heavily on Chichi, chugging her glass of fizzy water.
"Relax, this is Piccolo… and no, he looks like that all the time," Chichi whispered. "Why don't you sit down over here…?”
"Thanks," Ami breathed.
"Hey, can I have your autograph?" Gohan asked as he tugged at Yumi's sleeve.
"Hey, you must be Goku's kid… how are ya?" Yumi asked as she leaned over and saw the kid, dressed in a blue jacket with white shirt and red bowtie.
"Great… but mom made me dress in this silly suit… and I can't breathe," he mumbled, pointing to where Chichi sat with Ami. Both women talked quietly, and Ami appeared to be regaining her normal coloring. Yamucha sighed and walked downstairs with a fresh shirt, glancing around.
"Are you all right?" he asked, rushing to Ami's side.
"She's fine… just give her some air," Chichi scolded him. "What on earth are you two thinking, dragging these poor girls around on some joyride?"
"We were just going after Bulma and…" started Yamucha before someone poked him in the ribs. He glared over at Piccolo who stood towering over them.
"Mind your own business," Piccolo said in a low voice. "You're in enough trouble as it is…"
"Excuse me for worrying," Yamucha mumbled. He turned his attention to Ami, gently stroking her sweaty hair out of her face. She accepted the glass of soda he held, and glanced at his clean shirt.
"Sorry about your coat… I'll get Caz to pay for it…" she blushed.
"Not a problem. I feel honored that it was my coat you threw up on," he joked.
"Smooth, really smooth," Chichi sighed under her breath.
Goku glanced at his friends, and then turned his attention back to Krillen. "So, what's going on? I heard something about you two taking a joyride… is it something to do with Vegeta?"
"Yeah. He just barged in and Bulma dragged him outside, and then next thing I was chasing after Yamucha to stop him from making things more awkward… and then it sorta grew from there…" said Krillen. "I don't know what's going on between those too, but it makes me nervous…"
"Who? Vegeta and Bulma?" Goku asked. "I wouldn't be too worried… I mean I saw Bulma running upstairs a few minutes ago, and she seemed fine to me…"
"Aren't you the LEAST bit worried about them being ALONE together?"
"Not really," Goku shrugged.
"Um, EXCUSE me… he's one of our… you know…"
"Didn't I tell you to give him a chance," Goku asked.
"Now saving his life is ONE thing, but letting him drag Bulma around…"
"He wasn't dragging her… he was carrying her," Goku said quickly.
"You SAW them?"
"Well I was curious what all the fuss was about so I took a little flight and I saw them coming back. You guys were really having trouble keeping up with him weren't you?" Goku said casually.
"I don't' know what's gotten into you, Goku… but this is just weird that you're not the least bit afraid for her… we're talking about VEGETA here… you know Mister "I want to kill Kakkarot so I can be Mr. #1 Saiyin?" Krillen reminded him.
"Well, he says a lot of things, but it doesn't mean that he's going to do them," said Goku, running his hand over his hair so it stood more on end then it usually did. "I mean he's always threatening to blow up the earth, but he hasn't yet…"
"Not with you and Piccolo watching him, you mean," Krillen whispered.
"Well, if he does hurt her, you know he'll answer to me," Goku said, hushing his voice. "But I think we should mind our own business unless something DOES happen… which could be something good…"
"You've been acting weird whenever I mention those two in the same sentence ever since that guy who nuked Freiza showed up. What is going on?"
"Um, nothing… nothing…" Goku grinned nervously.
"Uh huh, yeah… right Goku. You can't fool me… something's up… and you're driving all of us crazy trying to guess…"
"Well I have a good feeling that Vegeta isn't going to hurt Bulma at all," Goku said quickly. "Just call it a hunch…"
"Okay… if you say so…" Krillen sighed. "But I'm keeping an eye on them…"
"Just make sure you keep an eye on things here, because I'd hate to see Vegeta in a bad mood…" said Goku, nodding at Yamucha who was glancing up at the stairs. Bulma strode into the main room, wearing a comfortable sundress and sandals. Both men blinked in surprise to see her hair was a great deal straighter than the perm they'd come to see her with. In fact it looked as if she'd used a straightened on it, because bits of it were falling around her face as she approached the group.
"There you are!" Yumi said as she rushed over. "Did you have fun?"
"Um… yeah… sorry about that… it was just um," Bulma said as she tried to keep from blushing profusely.
"Uh huh…" Yumi grinned. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to… you lucky girl…"
"It's not like that!" Bulma whispered fiercely as people glanced in their direction.
"Bulma, you're back…," Ami said.
"What happened, where were you?" Yamucha started.
"Don't worry about it okay," Bulma said quickly.
"Hey Yamucha, you have to try the potato salad! It's yummy!" Goku called out, leaving Krillen standing there shaking his head. "It's to DIE for."
"Goku, not now," Yamucha groaned. "I was…"
"Mom… how many cakes did the caterers say they needed?" Bulma quickly asked as she rushed over to find her mother.
"Oh that's right dear… I'd say at least two hundred maybe more… and I was thinking it would be so lovely if you ordered it in devil's food and marble both," Bunny chirped. Bulma sighed in temporary relief at Goku's interception of Yamucha. She didn't care to confront him now of all times. Not when she was still sweating from her little adventure with Vegeta.
"What's with her?" Yumi muttered to Krillen. "If I didn't know any better I'd say she was avoiding ol' slugger…"
"Um, can't say I blame her, I mean after all they DID break up," Krillen said casually.
"Yeah, but the way he's going on… I don't' thin it's such a good idea that he and Ami…" Yumi mumbled. "I'd say that he doesn't look like he knows it's over…"
"That's just Yamucha being an overprotective friend…" Krillen said quickly. "I mean hey… who wouldn't wanna protect pretty girls like you three?"
"Smooth recovery, baldie," Yumi grinned. "You're just trying to get him to leave Bulma's new boyfriend alone…"
"Um wait a minute… what do you…" Krillen stammered.
"Give me a break… it's obvious that Vegeta guy is her current Jones… I mean why ELSE would she get all nutzoid with him showing up and drag him out. He was pissed off because I think he saw bright buns hanging over Bulma…"
"Um... you don't say…' Krillen stammered. For Vegeta had just entered the room, wearing of all things that pink shirt and a pair of black pants that Bulma had gotten him as a change of clothes all those months ago. Strange how he was attempting to look normal when he would usually wear his tank top, gloves and pants.
"It's obvious. I saw him walk in, and watch us. He seemed pretty pissed when he saw you guys show up…"
"You mean he was there BEFORE us?" Krillen asked. He felt nervous and sweaty at the thought. Things were definitely getting tenser by the moment.
Bulma was trying to stay as far away from Yamucha as possible, and Ami was doing her best to keep him occupied. Goku was keeping close by Yamucha, distracting him with stupid comments and insistences that he try this food or that food. Why was he falling all over himself to keep their friend away from Bulma? Unless he'd noticed Vegeta standing there with a scowl on his face leaning against the door.
"What IS that guy's problem," Krillen said as he stared around Yumi. He guided her over to get a soda from the small wet bar, and turned to her.
"I'll have an Ikaru," Yumi said.
"Make that two," Krillen said. He handed her the opened beer and they wandered away.
"Why is Bulma avoiding us," Yamucha asked as he grabbed Krillen's sleeve.
"Um, I don't know. Maybe you're just imagining it," said Krillen.
"Pretty boy, why don't' you get Ami a drink. Are you her date or WHAT?" Yumi interjected.
"I am SOO thirsty… and that ginger ale made me feel SO much better," Ami batted her pink eyes at him.
"How can I resist a pretty face," Yamucha grinned. He turned to the bar and ordered two glasses of champagne. Presenting her with one of the glasses, he twined his hand around hers, and they sipped from opposite glasses.
He kept looking for the opportunity to talk to Bulma and ask her about what Vegeta had swept her away for, yet he felt as if he wanted to keep as far from Vegeta as possible. Thankfully Vegeta was distracted by Bunny Briefs holding a glass of champagne next to him.
"Excuse me…" Yamucha said as he led Ami over. "Bulma… hey…are you all right? You had us worried…"
"Yamucha… I'm fine… don't worry," Bulma quickly said as she turned to him. A hot flush came over her face at that moment, and she struggled not to look him in the face.
"You have to admit we were a bit concerned… I mean jeez he DID pop up outta nowhere," Krillen said, as he wandered over.
"You are one LUCKY girl," said Yumi. "Why didn't you tell us you had a…"
"Yumi, please not now!" Bulma hissed, indicating Yamucha.
"What was he doing to you… he didn't hurt you did he…" Yamucha started. "How could you just let him come and take you like that… we were worried SICK!"
"Come on now I'm not some defenseless idiot, Yamucha! I'm perfectly capable of using good judgment!" Bulma yelled at him. "Why should YOU worry about where I'm coming or going when it's NONE of your business?"
"Bulma, we were just worried. Relax… its no big deal. You're obviously okay, so let's leave it at that. We were just making sure you were all right… I mean heck, Vegeta just sorta whisked you off and then led us on some wild goose chase… which ya gotta admit was pretty interesting," Krillen said, trying to make light.
"I don't find it at ALL funny! Bulma, you're worrying me sick! Don't you care what could happen?" Yamucha asked.
"I don't want to talk about this right now!" Bulma snapped at him. "Nothing DID happen. And why should I tell you anything… since you said we should see other people!"
"Bulma I care about you…" said Yamucha.
"Maybe we should just leave her alone, bright buns," Yumi interrupted him. "I mean if she wants to be alone with her boyfriend…"
"Yumi, shut up will you?" Bulma yelped. "You're NOT helping…"
"I can't believe what I'm hearing!" Yamucha blinked.
"It's NOT that at all!" Bulma protested.
"Don't be shy, girlfriend. He's a hot guy, but he's got one rude mouth on him," Ami said.
"Shut up, shut up," Bulma complained, putting her hands over her ears. "I am NOT having this conversation."
"Relax everybody… sheesh; it's no big deal…. Let's all just take a deep breath," Krillen interrupted. "It's all over and done with so let's just…"
"I'm not going to stand here and just let her…" said Yamucha, tearing at his hair.
"Excuse me but since WHEN did you have any say in what I did?" Bulma yelled at him. "You're the LAST person who…"
"I care about you, all right!" Yamucha said as he grasped her arm.
Bulma shrugged him off angrily and whirled around. "If you'll excuse me, I've got a party to run. I'm not saying ANOTHER word to you, because you're seriously pissing me off!"
"Bulma… wait," Yamucha said.
"Let her go… I'll just…" Ami said.
"Nice going, jerk," Yumi muttered.
"Just let her go already. We've done enough damage for one day," Krillen said. "I think she needs to cool off a bit don't you?"
"Yeah, seriously," Yumi nodded.
Bulma brushed past the other guests who glanced at her with questions. "Are you all right, what's going on?" asked Chichi.
"Not now Chichi I just need some air…" she said quickly, hiding her face in her hands. She stumbled momentarily on her sandals while she raced down the hall that led to her laboratory.