Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ To Party or not to Party ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 6
"Bulma… wait… I just want to talk…" said Yamucha.
"Um I think you've said enough," Krillen said as Yamucha pushed past everyone in pursuit of Bulma. She rushed in the direction of the lab, but Yamucha shoved rudely past Goku and Gohan standing nearby at the food table.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Goku asked.
"Scuse me… coming through…" he said. He caught hold of Bulma's hand, stopping her from rushing out.
"Let me go, you jerk!"
"Bulma wait… I'm sorry I just… I care okay… and if something's going on I need to know!" he said.
"I have NOTHING to say to you. Don't EVEN go there… you were the one who said we should see other people…"
"Oh, so there IS something going on? Your friends are right?" Yamucha asked.
"Shut up and let me go!" she yelled as she twisted her wrist out of his grasp. Yamucha was astonished as he saw her do this and broke into a run. She tripped over her shoes as Goku, Piccolo, and then Vegeta wandered over.
"Yamucha, I think you need to calm down a bit," Goku urged. "She needs some time alone…"
"Goku, I don't need you telling me what to do," mumbled Yamucha, moving in the direction of where Bulma had gone. He crashed into something solid as Vegeta blocked his path.
"Are you deaf, weakling? Or are you stupid?" Vegeta asked, pushing him back.
Yamucha backed away, blinking up at the Saiyajin who stood directly in his way. He tried to dodge around Vegeta, but for every move he made, there was no getting around.
"Excuse me…" Yamucha said. "But I think you're in my way…"
"I guess you ARE as stupid as you look, you dumb shit," Vegeta smirked. "Apparently you're far from being housebroken. Just WHY they let a dog like you past the front door is beyond me. Maybe they like the shits and grins…"
"I don't have time for this… look…" Yamucha breathed.
"Yamucha, will you relax," Krillen hissed as he grabbed his friend's hand and yanked him back.
"This is stupid… I can't…" Yamucha hissed as he threw Krillen off of him. "You mind getting out of my way?"
"Actually I do, you asswipe. I don't like seeing your sniveling skinny ass around here," Vegeta said in a low but annoyed voice.
"Look, some of us have some problems with people just carrying off our friends," Yamucha breathed, fighting the urge to back down as he edged away. "Now if you'll EXCUSE me, I need to talk to someone… so I don't want any trouble with you…"
"Yeah, right," Vegeta answered. "You must think I'm as stupid as you are. Did it ever occur to you that the woman might not want you chasing her around like some bitch in heat?"
"That's NONE of your business," Yamucha sputtered. "You had no right whisking her off to Kami knows where… why do you THINK I'm worried about her?"
"Um, Vegeta… he was um just worried…" Krillen interjected.
"Who asked you, baldy," Vegeta snorted.
"Jeez, sorry I asked," Krillen said. "Um, we just were… um… you know, it's kinda unusual to see one of our friends just um… fly away… and her two friends were just kinda freaked when they saw all of us flying… so Yamucha was just um being concerned. So no big deal, okay?"
"If you hurt her in any way, you mutated monkey…" Yamucha blurted out, and backed away at the sharp look as Vegeta extended his hand. Goku and Piccolo moved into position to prevent a possible altercation. All eyes fell on the two men who were facing off. Both of Yamucha's hands were balled into fists, watching Vegeta closely.
"At least you have some sense in that chrome dome of yours. I suggest you listen to him, weakling and mind your own f#$%ing business from now on," Vegeta said as he glared at Yamucha.
"You… you can't tell us what to do… this isn't…"
"Back off, Yamucha…" Krillen urged.
"Oh, is everyone so fucking bored that they have to watch the little coward piss his pants?" Vegeta laughed. "You and what army?"
"You'd better not hurt her… or I'll…" Yamucha panted, struggling to keep from knocking his knees together.
"What was that? I didn't hear weakling… care to repeat it to the whole world who's breathing down your pathetic little neck? You're making quite an interesting show of your sorry ass. I'm rather entertained at this," Vegeta commented, giving him another smirk.
"I…" Yamucha glared at him, balling his fists. Slowly he backed away into Krillen, trying to give the illusion that his friend was holding him back instead of holding him up.
"You what?" Vegeta asked as Yamucha quickly rushed forwards in the direction where Bulma had gone. Vegeta's hand flashed out and grabbed Yamucha by the front of his shirt. All eyes migrated to the Saiyan Prince who boosted Yamucha up with contemptuous ease.
"Oh shit," Piccolo said, stepping forwards. “Both of you, stop this now!”
"Guys, settle down, this is a party!" Goku said more sharply than he usually did. He and every other Z fighter could feel the two opponents energies building rapidly.
"Shut up Kakkarot. Mind your own damn business," Vegeta snapped at him from over his shoulder. He pointed his hand towards the former desert bandit, palm facing with five fingers extended right in front of Yamucha's face.
"And as for you, you little shit, stay out of matters that don't concern you,” he said. Yamucha blinked, licking his dry lips. His fists flailed helplessly, but Krillen saw them glowing with energy. It quickly fizzled away at the formation of the blue ki aura enveloping Vegeta's outstretched hand shoved right before his scarred face.
"Vegeta there is NO need for this!” said Piccolo as he stepped over.
"So the green goon steps in. What's wrong? You think I'm going to play rough with the little bitch boy?" Vegeta smirked.
Piccolo kept his voice low, but his own power level climbed quickly to match Vegita's. "If you're going to fight, perhaps you two should find a more honorable place. Do you honestly think a Prince should settle a dispute such as this in a social gathering?"
"Vegeta put him down now," Goku said clearly. "This isn't the time or place… he was just worried about Bulma. Like all of us are. So let's just back away and calm down…"
"Who asked you, Kakkarot? Maybe you should all just leave the woman to her own affairs," he said quietly. "Not like I CARE about your pathetic need to know everyone's shit…"
He tossed Yamucha across the room. Goku leapt up and caught his friend easily as Vegeta turned away. Yamucha's heart pounded in his chest, and he could swear his life had flashed before his eyes for the second time. Dizzily he blinked up at Goku and moaned, “You can't just let him do this… you know I'm right, Goku…”
“Yes, but he isn't our enemy… believe it or not…” Goku whispered to him. “Don't do this…”
“So, are you going to back down, or will we have to…” asked Piccolo, arms raised to counter Vegeta's possible blast.
Vegeta shook his head, the blue aura dispersing as he absorbed his ki back into his body. He snorted, "The coward isn't worth the effort anyway."
"Come on, let's get you out of here," Goku urged Yamucha.
***
All eyes still remained on where they had faced off, and he heard the hushed whispers. Growling, Vegeta pressed his hands to his side, and drew himself up to his height regally. He cleared his throat and grunted, "Show's over, you damn fools. Go back to your pissing and moaning. I'll find the damn woman. And if you're smart you'll mind your own business… she makes enough noise enough as it is!"
Everyone stood in one spot, releasing the breath they had been holding as Vegeta exited. Krillen's knees turned to jelly as Yumi clutched his arm. “What was THAT all about?” she whispered in awe.
“Let's just say that those two don't really care for each other…” he answered, wiping sweat from his bald head. “Whew that was a CLOSE one…”
“Told you he was sweet on her. Yamucha needs a clue,” said Yumi.
“I'd better step in, huh?” Ami whispered, standing on Krillen's other side.
“Yeah… seriously…” Yumi winked.
“One distraction coming up,” Ami nodded, walking over to where Goku set Yamucha on his shaky feet again. The baseball player collapsed into a chair, trying hard not to faint when Ami leaned over him.
"Time for dessert!" Bunny Briefs called out over the silence. "We've got some lovely pastries you'll just LOVE!"
"What was THAT?" Krillen whispered to Goku.
"Oh, just Vegeta was showing some concern, that's all," Goku said. "I think you should go home Yamucha. You're looking kinda drunk…"
"I am NOT drunk," Yamucha spluttered. "That… who does he think he is?"
"The Prince of all Saiyajins maybe?" Krillen shrugged. "Anyway, I don't think he's someone you just piss off, Yamucha… unless you want him to hand you your head…"
"I'm not going to stand around while he could hurt her," Yamucha said as he shoved his friends away.
"Yamucha, why don't you take me for a walk around the estate…?” Ami asked as she leaned up against him.
"I'm sorry... I'll have to pass," Yamucha apologized. He craned his neck and walked towards where Bulma had gone.
"Let it go," said Goku.
"I think I will take that walk," Yamucha said as he shook his head and straightened his jacket. Gathering as much dignity as he could, he threaded his arm through Ami's and paraded her out.
***
Vegeta took his time following the woman to her lab. He could tell from the wailing and screaming just where she was. Not to mention the bangs and crashes echoing in the halls. For a minute he smiled in mild surprise at the force of her insignificant ki flaring to a momentary 10 on his scale. Who would have thought that woman was capable of such a surge of strength. He had to get a better look. When Bulma had twisted her wrist out of that weakling's grasp he had been impressed with her ability to throw him off. He hadn't expected her to show any skill whatsoever in hand to hand.
"Stupid, son of a fucking BITCH!" Bulma screamed. Vegeta peered around the laboratory door, edging it open. Just inches from his sensitive ear a beaker smashed, spilling liquid in a green puddle down the wall. Bulma paced her lab violently, screaming and throwing whatever she could grab.
"Butt f%^&ing whore! How dare he tell me what to do…? I'm so goddamn fucking SICK of everyone up my ass! OOH I SWEAR!" she shrilled.
"I wasn't aware you knew such choice words, wench," Vegeta chuckled as he walked it. A heavy wrench sailed in his direction and he easily caught it in his hand.
"Go away, Vegeta. I don't want to talk to anyone right now!" Bulma cried. She buried her head in her hands, shaking with rage as she leaned on the counter for support.
"What's your major malfunction?" Vegeta asked. "Are you going to fix my ship or not?"
"Just… leave me alone… I… I'll fix it tomorrow…" Bulma sniffled. "Just… just leave!"
"As if I'd let a crazy woman like you tell me what to do," he harrumphed, leaning against the wall to watch her there.
Bulma dropped to her knees, letting her tears run freely. While she was breaking down in front of the one person whom she hoped wouldn't see her; she did not care anymore. Vegeta wandered over and peered down at her, sobbing against the counter. She beat it with her fist. Crouching down so he was at eye level with the wench, Vegeta shook his head.
"Stop your whining wench, and pay attention to me," he snapped.
"Just… don't… Vegeta… please… I can't…" she sniffled.
"Just like you to whine and cry like a hurt bitch,” he continued, face inches from hers.
"Please… leave me alone!" she wailed, curling into a ball on the floor of her lab.
"Why should I? Oh wait, I suppose you're having the time of your life smashing your items. Considering they are inanimate objects… you seem to be doing quite well…" Vegeta said.
"Why do you care what I do?" she asked, glancing up at him crouching only six inches from her. "I'm just a stupid useless female, right?"
Vegeta grunted in mild surprise. He sniffed, "Well, I don't care if you smash your stupid lab. But if you damage something or fuck up your equipment so you can't fix my ship, I'm not going to be responsible for the consequences…"
"You're going to be pissed off anyway, so why should I care anymore?" Bulma whimpered. "Just as long as you have your goddamn fucking ship and leave us all the hell alone."
He drew in his breath, rolling his eyes. Something about her was both pathetic and endearing. Why did he care precisely? Well for starters that show of rage seemed too striklingly familiar to him, though he struggled to repress the memories. All that violence buried in her petite frame was the result of stuffing emotions into a small box, and hiding them under a pretense much as his own. She was no use to him reduced to tears. Vegeta straightenend up and leaned against the side of the lab conter.
"So, you're just going to sit there and cry just because they're not minding their own damn business? Why should you give a shit what they think? If you're going to act like a child, it's your own stupid fault they're going to treat you like one," he snorted. "Absolutely pathetic, as always…"
"No shit, Sherlock," Bulma mumbled, and gave a sad laugh. She sat Indian style on the floor, lifting her face from her hands to lean her head back against the cold metal of her lab counter. Quickly she brushed tears out of her eyes with the side of one hand, smearing her mascara in dark smudges.
“I don't in any way resemble that fictional detective, although he could clearly have NOT been human due to his superior skills in deduction and ability to control his irrational emotions,” Vegeta laughed.
"You're right Vegeta. I'm pathetic. I'm a looser who's still living with her parents, who's so fucking sick of waiting on everyone, and having to answer to everyone… KAMI!" she said angrily. Her fist slammed hard against the metal of the counter, vibrating it.
"Then don't," Vegeta said. "Tell them to fuck off."
"That might work for a seriously badass alien Prince, who's got all the power in the world," Bulma said. "Who's going to argue with someone who could blow up their planet, huh?"
"Don't you forget it, girl," Vegeta laughed harshly. "At last you're showing some sense."
"Yeah, lucky me," Bulma mumbled.
***
Both of them remained where they were, silent for a few minutes. Vegeta watched her with those dark eyes of his, almost like a cobra staking out his prey. But Bulma felt strangely cheered up by the bad tempered ass. Without meaning to, he had stopped her from wallowing in self-pity. Bulma sniffled into a tissue she pulled out of her pocket. Breathing deeply, she steadied herself under his gaze.
She said, "Look, I know you want me to fix that ship or whatever, but I just need a few minutes to get my pathetic emotional self together, do you mind?"
"Why should I care one way or the other?" he grunted. "I just want my damn ship so I can train, and get the hell off this mud ball."
"Sometimes I wish I could get away from this place too," she mumbled, wiping away her smudged mascara into the wadded tissue.
"That's so profound I'll write it down. Maybe I'll remember it," he sneered.
"I just don't get you sometimes Vegeta… I mean you're the LAST person on the planet I'd expect to come walking in here… I know you want me to work on your ship, but it's a little WEIRD that you're just hanging around here watching me cry? Unless you're getting your shits and grins out of seeing the blue haired wench…"
"Actually it IS entertaining in its pathetic way, but I'm getting bored of all the sniveling. If you had any sense in that addled brain of yours you'd knock it off and do something useful," Vegeta answered.
"Uh huh. So where's the ship already, genius?" she asked.
"In your purse, imbecile," Vegeta said as he tossed her purse to her. She caught it, and pulled a few new tissues out to blow her nose.
"Come on, girl, get off the damn floor," he mumbled, leaning down once more. He caught hold of her arm and tugged her to her feet easily.
“Now wait a minute, buster who do you think you are?” Bulma yelled, slapping his hand away.
Vegeta hiked an eyebrow, smirking at a very familiar reaction. Apparently he wasn't the only one who hated being touched so casually. He removed his hand from her arm, and said quietly, "You've got better things to do than to abase yourself in this manner. Unless you enjoy being a low class baka."
"That's me, the baka woman," she said sarcastically, slowly walking towards the exit of the lab. Vegeta followed her, a bit surprised by her current behavior. Secretly he was pleased she was finally showing some sense to help him achieve his goal.
***
"Insulting you is MY job, and don't you forget it," Vegeta said, catching up to her. Both of them had moved quickly down the long corridor. He wondered what her destination was at first, then realized they were off in the direction of the launching area where the Capsule crafts were housed.
"Uh huh, whatever you say, your highness," she mumbled with a laugh. She stopped abruptly.
“Now what?” he asked. Bulma slid her hand through his arm and laid her head against his shoulder. He flinched and glanced down at her as if she'd sprouted a second head.
"Are you ill?" he muttered, pushing her away. He pressed the back of his hand to her head, then jerked it quickly away.
"No, I'm just thinking what you just said was making sense. And that's kind of scary," Bulma laughed as she leaned against him again. This time she slid her arm around his muscular waist, resting her head against his shoulder while he stood there stiffly. Grunting in annoyance Vegeta allowed her to continue this annoying display. Considering they were alone he did not mind her being this close, as he enjoyed the uncomplicated scent of her body.
“Now I know you've gone mad," Vegeta grunted. Instead of keeping his hands at his sides, he realized this physical contact was a good way to direct her towards her goal. Bulma kicked off the tall sandals, dropping a few inches so her height was level with his.
“That's better, she muttered, glancing out towards the passageway that led to the garden area.
“Why you wear those damn fool shoes is beyond me. But I suppose you delight in making yourself look even more foolish, clumsy and helpless for the males of this world,” he taunted.
“Whatever,” she murmured.
“Let's get your mind on something more useful than acting as a toy for their amusement. I require your services, wench, and I'm getting damn sick of your excuses,” Vegeta said.
Impatiently he curled a stiff arm around her shoulders. He felt a small sigh coming from the wench as she leaned more heavily against him. He kept his arm where it was, walking her in the direction of the ship hanger since she was obviously done with her temper tantrum. "You're a spoiled brat. A spoiled rotten little idiot who doesn't like not getting what she wants…"
"I AM a brat. So what's it to you?"
"Perhaps you aren't so low class after all," he mumbled. "That last display was as foolish as a concubine in the royal harem…"
"Why I suppose that's another compliment, if the palace whores were higher class than your common average everyday grease monkey like me?" she shrugged.
"The palace whores WERE considered the best entertainers at what they did," Vegeta said mildly. "They knew their place, and they never failed to please the King."
"So now I'm your bitch, huh?" Bulma joked.
"You're A bitch, but you've nothing to do with me," he mumbled.
"Jerk. And I actually thought you were finding me less than repulsive," she answered, leaning more heavily against him. "But if you wanted me to be your bitch, I might consider it as something that wasn't so bad after all."
"You're insane, woman," he laughed. "But I accept your offer of service…"
"Lucky me," Bulma said, surrendering to the insanity. Strangely she felt calm around Vegeta, feeling the solidness of his arm that had not pushed her away for a change.
"Then you have a lot of work to do," Vegeta said, letting her continue to lean on him. He raised an eyebrow at her arm sliding around his waist, and wondered if he should permit this woman to be so liberal with the royal person.
"At your service, your majesty," she laughed. He sniffed lightly to determine if she was intoxicated, but soon realized something ELSE other than alcohol was making her drunk. Was that the smell of pheromones?
***