Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Flashbacks of terror ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 13


Tossing and turning, Bulma blinked up into the cloudy Namekian sky. How had she gotten here, she wondered? Wasn't she just on a space mission with Vegeta? Time must have shifted because Namek had been destroyed six months ago, she recalled. Yet here she stood, shivering on the terrain amidst the bodies of Krillen and Yamucha. Just why her ex boyfriend was on Namek made no sense. Only the dribbling blood running down the front of Yamucha's orange Z Fighter gi told her the awful truth.

Nearby, Gohan drifted to face off against Frieza. The awful lizard had reached his final transformation. Goku's son dripped with blood and sweat, mostly his own. He still wore the armor Vegeta had loaned him from Freiza's own transport ship, but it was riddled with pinprick holes and multiple cracks. Krillen's scream echoed in Bulma's ears, a horrible sound that wrenched her very soul.

Blood splattered her in a red rain from above. Gohan's angry cry heralded the golden aura building up around the levitating half Saiyan. He screamed at the top of his lungs to push his power to the maximum level. "KAmeHAameHA!" he screamed, pushing his hands before him and channeling a beam of pure white light towards Freiza.

"Foolish child… you are nothing to me!" came the taunting laugh.

Bulma blinked in confusion. Everything seemed terribly wrong in this scene. Especially when Vegeta landed and screamed at her, "What's your problem you stupid woman?"

***

"Woman, wake up, what the hell is your problem!" Vegeta protested.

"What…" Bulma gasped shaking as she sat bold upright. "Where… oh shit…"

"You were screaming to wake the dead! If you're going to sleep here… stop this at once!"

"I… I had no idea… what…"

"You were shouting in your sleep," Vegeta snorted. "If you're going to keep doing this… you're out of here…"

"I'm sorry… some of us can't control our dreams, jerk!" Bulma yelled at him. "And I'm not the ONLY one who has nightmares, asshole!"

"Humph, so what?" he mumbled.

"I'll try not to wake you, I'm sorry," Bulma mumbled, hugging herself.

"See to it that you don't," he grumbled, settling back down. "What the hell were you yammering about anyway?"

"I saw Freiza… killing all of us… and I saw these horrible robots… killing everyone… and me… and I was all alone…"

"Fat chance of that. I'll blow those tin cans sky high when I become super Saiyan… and then Kakkarot's ass is mine…"

"I hope you do, cause I know there's no way in hell I could take being alone…"

"You aren't alone, you stupid wench. You're stuck with me. And as long as I need your services you'll remain alive…" Vegeta mumbled. "Now go to sleep… you're not going to get killed. Frieza's dead you idiot… you saw him killed by that… punk from the future! Some damn nerve… how the fuck can he turn super Saiyan? I won't have it…"

"I don’t' know Vegeta… I know you said Saiyajins don't have hair that color…"

"They sure as hell don't, woman," Vegeta snorted. "To think that a common third class nobody goes super, and then some stupid assed kid who can't keep his own business… it's unbearable…"

"You can do it, Vegeta. You're just too damn stubborn to quit," she yawned. "Besides, if you don't I'll kick your ass…"

"Don't you forget it girl. I'll be kicking Kakkarot's ass, and that kid's butt if he shows up here again… and they'll be sorry they went Super Saiyan before the Prince did…"

"Mmm, sell me a ticket," she chuckled, reassured by his proud boasting. If anyone could do it, it was Vegeta. He was just too arrogant to know better.

"Purple haired Saiyajins… what the fuck is wrong with this universe?" Vegeta mumbled. "There's no way…"

"Are you SURE no Saiyans have hair that color?"

"I'm the prince you dolt. Of course I'd know!" he argued back, turning over in bed to face her. Bulma groaned. This was going to be a long time getting back to sleep at this rate.

"Well maybe he's Goku's kid… but it's just weird he has hair the same color as my dad…"

"That's a very sick thought," Vegeta snorted. "It's one thing to have some Saiyan I don't know turn before I do… but having one with your stupid family's coloring…."

"Dear me, we can't have that, can we?" she said. "Maybe next time he shows up I'll dye his hair black so you'll stop whining?"

"Hardly an improvement…" Vegeta mumbled. "That's not very damn funny…"

"We have to laugh at something…" she whispered. "Cause if I don't I'd be screaming…"

"Why did you not sleep?" he asked. "Was that weakling keeping you awake…."

"Yes… he and that girl… I THOUGHT was my friends were kissing and… you know…"

"Low class bakas. They can't keep their private mating habits to themselves… but what about Baldie and… don’t' tell me They're mating too!"

"I guess, I don't know," she laughed sadly.

"No self control. They're not even properly bonded… I told you they were whores…"

"So do Saiyans not have sex before they mate? What's the deal?"

"Only the Royal are allowed to pursue recreational sex outside a mating bond… unless they are trying for an heir," he explained.

"Would you have been… married if you were still on Vegetasei?"

"OF course woman… I'd have the pick of the selection from the royal concubines…"

"Why were there so few females?"

"They died in childbirth. Or else were killed by Freiza. What better way to control monkeys like us than to kill our females?"

"So females ARE vital to your survival."

"It is something we don't discuss with outsiders…" Vegeta snorted.

"I'm an outsider and you're talking to ME about it…"

"You took an oath to serve me, woman, you're different," Vegeta answered quickly. "Now go to sleep."

"Vegeta?"

"What the hell do you want now?"

"Thanks for letting me sleep here…"

"Whatever. Just sleep, and no more talking…" Vegeta grunted. Bulma shivered turning and tossing. No matter what she did she still couldn't get the images of Yamucha and Ami out of her head. Lying still, she bit her lip and let tears flow with her back to him.

"What are you crying about now?" he mumbled.

"Nothing," she lied.

"I can smell your damn tears… what will it take you to sleep?"

"Just… ignore it," she said. "You don't want to hear about my weakling problems… just keep to yourself…"

"Hn," he mumbled. "I suppose you're going to demand that I do something sentimental and move my body close to yours in that disgusting way?"

"Leave me alone," she whispered. "I'll cry myself to sleep…"

"Not fucking likely," he mumbled. "A crybaby like you…"

"I know I’m a weakling okay, so don't rub it in, asshole," she sniffled. "Just… please… just don't say anything else…"

"Fine I won't, ungrateful woman," he mumbled. "See if I care…"

"You don't… and that's a reality. Caring for someone only got me stepped on," Bulma whispered. "I wish I didn't have emotions… I wish I was like you and could turn them off…"

"That will be the day," he laughed harshly. "I order you to stop crying woman…"

"Even you can't order me to cry and not cry, Vegeta… it doesn't work like that!"

"I thought it might shut you up, so you could sleep and I can get some rest," he mumbled.

"Oh thanks a HEAP!" she snarled.

"Woman, move over," he mumbled.

"What?"

"Move over. And I swear if you tell ANYONE I'm doing this, I'll vaporize you and them…" Vegeta gritted. Blinking, she scooted over from the edge. Stiffly Vegeta draped an arm over her, drawing her close. He lay on his back, turning the woman to face him like he'd seen in a soap opera.

"You don't have to…"

"Shut up, and lay still. I saw this on the television. It's the only thing that will shut up a hysterical female," he grumbled. "As much as I LOATHE physical displays I suppose I must endure it so I can get some damn peace… otherwise I'll put up with your whinnying all day tomorrow…"

"Okay," she whispered, heart pounding. Vegeta yanked her roughly so her head was on his chest, her long hair spilling overtop.

"Keep your hands where they are. I won't hurt you. Unlike that fool Kakkarot I have exquisite control over my body. I won't crush you in your sleep or something stupid if you lay still."

Bulma shivered, trying not to rub her hands over his muscular chest. Snorting in impatience, Vegeta locked his arms around her to keep her trembling body still. She lay there trying to calm down, and enjoy the feel of a male body holding her. Even if it was like hugging a mass of boulders it was good to feel his warmth so close. Snuggling down, she fell asleep in a matter of seconds. Vegeta grunted and buried his nose in her hair, letting himself give whatever excuse for showing this weakness to the woman.

***


"Oh Yamucha! OH KAMI!!!" someone screamed. Vegeta blinked awake, growling as he heard the slapping and squeaking of springs. Yamucha's bellow followed the piercing female scream. Bulma blinked from her position against the Prince's muscular body, wondering what the commotion was.

"I'm going to kill that weakling and his whore," Vegeta snarled.

"Vegeta, please, just calm down…" Bulma urged, rubbing his chest.

"Mind your own damn business… this is intolerable!"

"Well give them KP duty tomorrow! I don't want to hear someone wailing and screaming, do you? I'm just as tired as you are!" Bulma grumbled.

"Oh you're the MASTER!" came another scream.

"That's IT!" Vegeta snarled.

"Wait, I have a better way to deal with them… embarrass the hell out of them," Bulma said, grabbing his arm.

"Fine, you have a better idea, genius?" Vegeta snorted.

"Shut up! I CAME ALREADY!" Bulma screamed at the top of her lungs. Vegeta blinked at her, trying to keep a straight face.

"You heard the woman, shut the fuck up!" Vegeta bellowed, slamming on the wall with his fist. "Or I'll blast you BOTH into the next fucking dimension! And I mean it!"

"Excuse the fuck me," mumbled Yamucha distantly.

"Uh oh…" came Ami's whisper.

Silence reigned, and Vegeta blinked in surprise. Bulma grinned widely, giggling to herself as she settled down. "I can't believe it," Vegeta mumbled. "How the hell…"

"I dated the dim wit… for longer than I should have," Bulma said, trying not to laugh while Vegeta glowered at her. "If anyone knows his secrets…"

"Hmm, this might not be such a bad arrangement after all…"

"Trust me, Vegeta, if he sees me walking out of your room, he'll shut up, and think twice about his nocturnal Olympics," Bulma grinned.

"You may be onto something, even though it IS low class," Vegeta agreed, grudgingly. "Now please lay down, shut up and sleep…"

"Whatever you say, your majesty," Bulma smiled, laying still. Vegeta sighed with relief, laying down next to her, and curling his arm stiffly around her shoulder to keep her still. He sensed this would shut the woman up from those nightmares. A small smirk came over his face as well as he realized how alike they thought.

***


 At long last she heard the chiming of an alarm. Vegeta snorted, blinking as Bulma looked up at him. His hair was a colossal mess as was hers, and he was just as bleary-eyed as she was. "Do you hate mornings as much as I do?" she asked.

"None of your business wench… you look absolutely awful…"

"Good morning to you two, grumpy," Bulma growled back. "Shit…"

"Mmm, not in the bed," Vegeta said, sitting up and gingerly sliding out from under her. "I hope for their sakes those two females make themselves useful…"

"Why Vegeta, this is a first… you not demanding ME making you breakfast…"

"Your cooking is appalling anyway…" he grinned.

"Shut up asshole…" Bulma fumed, throwing a pillow at him. He laughed harshly, dodging easily out of the way.

"You trying to defeat me with a wimpy stuffed bit of cloth? For shame," he snickered, levitating when she swung a punch at him.

Bulma squealed as she landed with a thump on the floor, seeing the Prince levitating with his arms folded over his chest. A look of smug triumph covered his features, and she glared angrily up at him. "Jerk."

"Don't flatter me, wench…"

"I know you are but what am I?" she threw back.

"You first," he laughed. "Get some clothes on that hideous body of yours…"

"Yes master," she snorted. "But I shower first…"

"You hope in vain," Vegeta said as he streaked into the restroom before her. She grumbled and slammed her hairbrush down. Mumbling obscenities in five languages she made the bed, and fluffed the pillows. She hoped the trouble would be worth it when Yamucha saw her walking in with Vegeta.  


***