Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Crash landing ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 14  


"Woman, go get yourself cleaned up. I'm going to obtain breakfast," Vegeta said. Steam misted around his body as he strode out of the bathroom with little more than a towel slung around his muscular hips. While he'd been preening himself, Bulma had busied herself by making the bed up fresh. Currently she was dragging a brush through her thick hair.

"Huh? Did I hear you correctly?" she asked, sitting up on the freshly made bed. Her eyes widened and she averted her gaze the moment he caught her staring at him.

Noticing this, Vegeta grunted, "Are you deaf? I said go take a shower. And don't leave this room till I return… got it?"

"I'm not your slave!" she snapped.

"I never said you were, woman. A slave is a captive who serves against their will. A servant has pledged their loyalty. You're the latter. Now will you get into that shower or will I have to carry you there myself?"

"Vegeta…" she panted. "You…"

He grabbed her arms gently, and put his face extremely close. Cupping her chin he forced her to stare directly into his eyes. In a very low voice that made her nervous he said, "Shower, now. Breakfast later. And by the way, thank you for making the bed."

"Wha…" Bulma got out. Vegeta leaned down and nuzzled her ear, then seized the outer edge to give another sharp bite.

"Off with you," he continued, then slapped her backside with his bare hand. He delighted in her soft yelp and the attractive pink coloring spreading from her face to encompass her body. Although she was wearing that thigh length nightie, he could tell her coloration change must be all encompassing for it had spread to her arms and thighs.

Bulma yelped in shock, hugging her ear. "Wha… Vegeta."

"Put some clothes on woman when you're done. I'm not going to have those bakas seeing you naked… what are you low class?" Vegeta snapped, hurling his robe at her. Seeing the dark gleam in his eyes she darted off to the bathroom and slammed the door shut. He grunted with self-satisfaction, then dressed quickly in his armor. The process took only five minutes, during which he was glad to hear the shower running and the sounds of the woman bathing. Before caving to the temptation to sneak a peak, Vegeta abandoned the room. Not before he locked the door from the outside to keep her there.  


"No sense in seeing what I'm about to do," Vegeta nodded.

Striding into the kitchen he saw Ami stirring food in a pot. Yamucha hummed with delight to see her leaning over and popping a bit of pancake in his mouth. Both gasped at the sight of the prince standing there with hands on his hips.

"Oh how disgustingly domestic this is," Vegeta smirked.

"Um… Vegeta… uh… hi…" Ami shivered.

"Is there a problem…your Majesty?" Yamucha asked, mocking him slightly.

"Move away from him, wench," Vegeta barked.

"Now wait…"

"Don't say I didn't warn you!" Vegeta snarled. He reached forwards, grabbed Ami by the front of her nightie and held her off her feet while he raised his fist to Yamucha.

"Let me go!" she screamed.

"AHHH!" Yamucha gasped when a ki blast slammed into him, pinning him to the wall.

"Someone help!" Ami screamed. Vegeta dumped her roughly on a chair, and turned to glare at her.

"You listen good and well, both of you. I won't have you acting like animals, got it? I couldn't get any sleep thanks to the fact you made the woman cry. I don't stand for dissention in the ranks. Cross me again, and I'll destroy you BOTH…" Vegeta snarled at them.

"You… you monster…" Ami gasped. Yamucha hugged his stomach, finding that the ki left only a small mark though he was in a world of hurt. Vegeta shook his head, turning to face Yamucha.

"You… how dare you…" he gasped. Angrily Ami grabbed a knife and leapt up to attack the Prince, forgetting what had just happened. Vegeta aimed a Ki blast at her, but this time it burst into five small spheres that shackled each appendage and pinned her to the wall next where Yamucha lay in a heap.

"What are you going to do to us?" Ami whimpered.

"Piss me or the woman off again, and you'll both suffer. For what you've done, parading around with your fucking in our faces… if you were on Vejitasei you'd be screaming in agony now. For the life of me I can't see what that blue haired wench saw in you, Dim sum. And I don't care much for her choice in friends. Only a whore like you would betray her long standing friendship to jump in the sack with her loser ex boyfriend… you humans ARE weaklings…"

Yamucha hugged his stomach, heaving in and out. Pain wracked his entire body from Vegeta's blast. Ami passed on in fear as Vegeta snarled at her. He picked up Yamucha easily, knocking him out with a punch to his jaw, then turned to the imprisoned Ami. With a gesture he levitated her away from the wall with his ki alone. Luckily for him, the cueball and the purple hair were still sleeping soundly in the other room. As extra insurance he'd locked their door.


Vegeta grunted in satisfaction, dumping both the pink hair and Yamucha into a small storage area. He threw two sets of clothes in, with some space rations, then magnetically locked the door. This would get these two troublemakers out of h way long enough till he could devise a suitable punishment. As it was, he'd have to think of a way to keep the cueball and the bitchy purple hair form asking too many questions.

"Yitiate rraghalll muchearalll!" Vegeta gritted to the nearest control panel. Green gas filled the vent of the chamber, ensuring that the weakling and his whore would keep till he'd figured the rest out.

"Simacchhh tchanalllloooyl!" he barked in Saiyain once he reached the command deck. Controls blinked and shifted on their own as if worked by invisible hands. The ship began to toss and lurch, sharply correcting its course as it approached the huge gravity well of the Vejitasei system. A tingling in his bones told him that he was close to what was once home. They dropped out of hyperspace in the far fringes of the system.

Checking the coordinates once more, Vegeta returned below deck to the mess area. He cleaned up the mess he'd made, and retrieved whatever was left of the woman's breakfast. Putting some on a tray for himself, he sniffed to find it wasn't poisoned. Three portions he divided one for the Baldie and his woman, the largest for himself, and the smallest for Bulma. With ease he carried the food containers down to the living quarters.

A series of sharp course corrections ensued as Vegeta knocked on Krillen and Yumi's door. "Wake up! We're near our destination…" Vegeta barked.

"Huh…" Krillen mumbled, and slid open the door. "Vegeta… why was the door locked… whoa…"

"I've had to secure you in your rooms. There's a meteor shower, which is the equivalent of the Oort cloud in your solar system. To prevent anyone from exiting the room at the worst point I've secured the cabins. You'll eat your rations in your room, and put these space suits on… in case we get a blast from any nosey onlookers…"

"Vegeta where are we?"

"The planetary system where we begin our search for some items needed to defeat the androids. That's all you need know. I'll call you and the others, and unlock the rooms when we're ready."

"Keeping us prisoners on here? I don't like this at all," Krillen growled.

"You'd like it far less if we had one of you idiots touch something and blow the ship sky high. Your fellow Z senshi can't keep from causing trouble. I know there is enmity between us. And you care for the woman, so I'm telling you more than I should…"

"Vegeta… what's going on?"

"The system we're in has many enemies of Freiza, and allies. We're going to be landing on a planet soon, within the next six hours Vejitasei standard. You think you can get yourself and your woman ready in time?"

"What's going on?" Yumi yawned sleepily.

"Are you decent?" Vegeta asked. "I have the food…"

"Why are we locked in here… Krillen!" Yumi exclaimed. Loud clangs and vibrations rattled the ship.

"Meteor storm. Okay Vegeta, I'll go along for now… but you' better not do anything stupid that hurts us, the girls or Bulma."

"Within reason, if you follow my orders you'll all stay alive. Remember I didn't have to spare you. As long as you're all useful, you'll remain alive. On a mission like this, one false move will result in you getting killed."

"You cold blooded murderer," Yumi snarled. Vegeta handed the tray to Krillen, who stood there tying his bathrobe. Yumi hid behind his shoulder, wearing only one of his oversized shirts.

"Shh!" Krillen hissed.

"I'm far less of a danger than what we'll face. The planet we're landing on is one of the old pleasure bases of Freiza's men. Now it's a cesspool of information, brothels, and spaceports. I will have you two remain on the ship if you're not up to listening to me… or if you are, I'll let you tag along while I transact business. Now enough talk. Ready yourselves…"

"Just what the hell does he think he's…" Yumi babbled.

"Do I have your word that you're not hurting Bulma?"

"My word as Prince of the Saiyans, and on my oath to defeat Kakkarot," Vegeta said. "Those are the only things meaningful to you puny humans."

"Good enough for me," Krillen said. Vegeta locked the compartment, and picked up the last tray to return to his room. He made sure to secure the door on the other place before he grabbed the remainder of the woman's things and encapsulated them. Best to have her remain with him in his room where he could watch her.


"Vegeta… you're back…" Bulma gasped as she saw the door slide open. "What's going on? I heard the alarm and saw the bangs and flashes… did we just drop out of hyper?"

"Yes woman. You'll want to put this AE suit on. It's the most comfortable thing you can wear in space…" he said, throwing the suit to her.

"Why the costume now?" she asked, noticing he locked the door behind her.

"Simple. We're in a place where a lot of old enemies of Freiza's men control this system. It was once an entertainment center and spaceport, like your old mining towns in what you humans called the Yukon. I've told the others."

"I heard a blast… and I keep hearing collisions… whoolf!" she gasped, landing in Vegeta's arms. He set down the tray on the table, magnetically securing it as Bulma clung to him shakily.

"Does that answer your question? We're weaving a complex course that's taking us past any potential hostile targets…"

"Hostile to US?"

"Think woman… I'm heading to Vejitasei, or where it once was. Doesn’t it register in your mind that a lot of pissed off people would jump at the chance to destroy an unmarked craft?"

"But Freiza's dead!"

"So? His minions have carved up his empire, and a tin pot dictator that was a lieutenant rules each. This sector is being controlled by one called Lord Bok Choi…"

"Ugh… I hate to ask!" Bulma gasped. Vegeta released her, pushing the AE Suit into her hands.

"I can't change with you staring at me!"

"I'll turn around," he promised. Folding his arms over his chest Vegeta continued his story; "He's one of the worst that come. Although he's ten times less of the evil that Freiza was…"

"More like your old buddies Nappa and Radditz?" Bulma asked.

"Far more ruthless then them, woman," Vegeta admitted, turning his back as Bulma pulled on the AE suit. It fit like coveralls over her existing clothes.

"Ugh…" she shivered. "But why lock us in here… wait… you're worried that one of the others is gonna try and stop us… you…"

"Yes woman. Considering last night, what that coward did, I don't think any of them can be trusted…"

"Gee sounds familiar," Bulma said with a glare. "Why should you worry about them trusting you. For crying out loud…"

"You are the only one I come close to, woman. I only wanted to bring you on this trip. But thanks to that weakling ex mate of yours I have four more mouths to feed…" Vegeta snarled. "Now sit down and eat…"

Meekly as before Bulma sat down in the small chair. Vegeta's room was clearly the nicest, designed for an officer. It had a small desk that converted to a breakfast table. Two chairs folded down out of the wall, while the strips on the table magnetically held the trays he put there. Seating himself opposite, Vegeta uncovered the larger tray and began to eat the still hot food. Bulma grabbed a pair of chopsticks and eagerly devoured the smaller portion he'd secured for her.

"Ami's cooking isn't that bad…"

"Anyone's better than yours. Though I wonder if Baldie or the other woman can cook…"

"Why do you ask?" Bulma asked. "I still can't believe those two… I hate them."

"Woman, I have dealt with them. They won't bother us again…" Vegeta said.

Bulma spat out her food, spewing it all over the Saiyan's face. Growling he wiped it off as she dropped her chopsticks. "You didn't… you didn't KILL them?"

"No woman, of course not. Though I seriously am rethinking that…" Vegeta snorted, mopping her breakfast off his mug.

"But what…"

"I confined them to quarters," Vegeta said quickly. "Although I did blast Yamucha into the wall with my weakest blast. But I knew if I killed him I couldn't get you to shut up and cooperate… just why I let you weaken me…"

"Vegeta… you blasted Yamucha… but you didn't kill him? Why…" Bulma asked, turning to him.

"Don't make much of it. You're a bad influence on me, woman. If I was still in Freiza's army he'd be dead… and that whore of his too…" Vegeta grunted, continuing to tuck in the sizable breakfast still covering the many plates before him.

"Aww Vegeta… I don't know what to say… you…" Bulma started. She got up out of her chair and walked around the table to stand next to him.

"Now what?" Vegeta snorted.

"Thank you," Bulma cooed, and kissed his cheek.

"Rrrgh, you know I hate that," Vegeta snarled, but tolerated her arms around his neck. She nuzzled his face, feeling him stiffen.

"Relax Vegeta its just a little kiss… it's not going to kill you," Bulma said, withdrawing from him. He sat there with his arms folded tightly around his chest; his head turned to one side. The smallest traces of pink flushed his tanned cheeks, making Bulma giggle to herself.

"Get away from me, you silly woman," Vegeta snorted. He got up and gently pushed her back from him.

"Excuse me, mister grouch!" Bulma huffed. Clearly offended her flirtatious move was rebuffed; she turned her back to him and resumed eating. Vegeta stood up, pacing the room in slow circles. He'd clearly lost his appetite.

"The planet we're approaching is the only other habitable world in my home system," Vegeta explained. "It's called Orchyd. In my father's day it was the official spaceport for Non Saiyans to arrive before visiting the planet Vejitasei. It was a quarantine station. Then when Freiza took over, it was the garrison, because my father never allowed any of them directly on my planet…"

"You guys are sure xenophobic! No wonder you wear those damn gloves. I bet the idea of touching anything that's not your own kind disgusts you," Bulma mumbled.

"Hmmm," Vegeta grunted in affirmation. "As you say so. Anyway, if you'll stop interrupting…"

"Oh don't let ME stop you," Bulma mumbled.

"As I was saying… Orchyd was where we kept visitors. Shuttles would run to the spaceport every hour. Naturally the gravity was less there, and it allowed us to communicate and interact with weaker races to a limited extent… but when Freiza forced the alliance with my kind, all of his troops would head there for a drink or two. They brought their brothels, their saloons, and other pleasure places there. It became a Mecca for arriving soldiers to please themselves… some Saiyans included…"

"Sounds like your basic Mos Eisley cantina…" joked Bulma. The Star Wars reference wasn't lost on Vegeta.

"AS that comedy suggests, you're partly correct. After Freiza's demise, this sector fell under the control of one of his lieutenants. Lord Bok Choi. He's one of the first people I learned to hate… before I met Freiza…"

"Oh terrific… you mean you didn't hate everyone when you were born?" she asked.

"Woman, shut up," he snorted.

"Sorry," Bulma mumbled. "Continue."

"Ahem… Bok Choi and I were instant loathing at first sight. I was always called 'Frieza's bitch' because I learned to not piss him off. When you can get pummeled within an inch of your life showing a sign of weakness… if not for the company of Nappa and Radditz I'd be forced to interact with his scum on a daily basis. Bok Choi's cousin Dudoria was higher up in the chain of command… and I'm certain once he got wind that I was the one who dispatched his useless waste of a relative… he'll be onto us…"

"Why are we here?"

"Many of the pieces of my culture were stolen or sold for scrap. As I've come to know… through sources…"

"You've been in contact with someone haven't you?"

"One of my old compadres, who was one of the few non Saiyans who swore the blood oath that you swore to me," Vegeta said. "On this planet, one of the three in my 'band' who were closest other than Nappa and Radditz."

"You friends with non Saiyajins…"

"OF course woman. But they weren't friends in the sentimental feeble definition. Rather comrades in arms…" Vegeta explained.

"Oh of course," she nodded.

"Humph, any way, the one we are to meet is named Tangelo. The other two, Rhu-barb and Kumquatt have found their way into other niches in post Freiza society. We're about to be on a world ruled by traders and miners. People who mind their own business for the right price. Tangelo has made his fortune protecting others with his martial arts skills. He's agreed to meet us there, but we'll have to watch our step. There are spies everywhere. Those who are on Bok Choi's side, those who hate him, and many others only out for Universal credits…"

"Sounds exciting… so why take me with you?"

"So you can learn the technology we may need to use. Tangelo had long known that I wished to find the Race banks. He kept any information secret upon my return, and will share it. If anyone knows if the Race Banks survived it is he. And if they were destroyed…"

"Probably not," Bulma said. "You wouldn't go after something that was a dry well…"

"Obviously not. He knows they exist… but they are nowhere within his grasp. Not yet… that's why I have to move fast. He relayed a message to me weeks ago. I had one communicator still…" Vegeta confessed.

"Oh?"

"Radditz' old scouter had a transgalatic link," Vegeta said, patting his belt. Bulma then noticed the familiar folded packet that she'd seen on everyone's belts back on Namek.

"And you know the frequencies I hope?"

"Yes. Which is why I need you to fashion several others from spare parts while we're in proximity."

"I could have been working on this hours ago!"

"You've got six hours. I'm sure you can whip up at least one. And besides you have the one that belonged to Kakkarot for your own use…" Vegeta said, tossing a similar one to her. She held it reverently; realizing it had belonged to Goku possibly, but never been used.

"But won't they recognize these?"

"Not if you use the right frequencies. I need one for your bald friend. And I need you to make sure that the one designated to Kakkarot still is functional before we make planet fall," said Vegeta.

"But I won't understand a word of what anyone's saying…"

"Leave that to me. Just keep your mouth shut, and let me do the talking…" Vegeta smirked. Alarms blared, and Bulma leapt to her feet.

"Kuso, what's…"

"Shit, we've been spotted… dammit…" Vegeta growled. He barked something in a language that Bulma had only heard once.

"What are you…"

"Defensive programs… we'll have to hope they can hold. I'm not manually taking the controls unless we have to… I can't let them think that anyone of any major skill is on this ship unless…" Vegeta grumbled. Bulma screamed as the ship lurched to the side. Gravity flickered on and off.

"YIIIEEE!" she shrieked, as the ship shook violently. She went spinning into the far wall, and collided with Vegeta. Even the force of her small body was enough to knock him off balance.

Grunting he heard the next fizzling bang, and grabbed Bulma to him as he tumbled into the far wall. She landed against him with a grunt, her stomach pressed to his.

"Fuck this… I'm going to…" he grunted, trying to push Bulma off of him. Another shriek later, and they rolled over, so he pressed her down under him accidentally.

"Get off me you pervert!" she yelled.

"This is NOT my fucking CHOICE!" Vegeta snarled, lifting himself off her. Bulma screamed and pressed her face to his chest as the side of the wall exploded inwards. Vegeta raised his hand and loosed a ki blast, anchoring the woman under his body as the atmosphere leaked out in a huge hissing hole into open space. Bulma felt herself passing out, just as she saw Vegeta kick the bed over. It sealed the hole with a crunch, then blurred into a makeshift patch with a well-placed ki blast.

Vegeta moved to get off, feeling the ship buffeted by explosions. "Fuck… this is intolerable…"

Another smash jarred everything, and the ship spun out of control. Emergency alarms blared, while the computer screamed at him in Saiyajin. Next door he heard Krillen and Yumi's cries, then silence. Two thumps told him they'd been knocked out by falling debris most likely.

While he thought of leaving the woman so he could go up and take the controls to save their asses, his instincts told him they were near the gravity well of Orchyd. Around them the ship hit resistance, and Vegeta hollered a command to the complaining computer.

With its remaining engines it adjusted its course towards the planet, and shuddered further under the injuries it suffered. A quick look at the patched hole told him whom had pot shot them out of the heavens. That blast signature felt to him like a class 2 disintegration cannon, used by common brigands.

As the retros fired, the ship shuddered with the impact into Orchyd's atmosphere. Vegeta felt the forward pitching of the ship. Under him, the woman whimpered while the rest of the furniture and items not bolted down slammed into the far wall. Protectively he pressed her under his body, digging his fingers into the floor to keep them in one position. Ceiling turned to floor, and walls to ceiling with the tumbling of the ship.