Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Vegeta's meeting with Tangelo ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter  


They reached the city within an hour, slowly walking under the blazing twin radiance. Vegeta walked first followed immediately by Bulma, then Yumi. Krillen brought up the rear. Around his armor like a cloak hung the robe, partly obscuring his Saiyan ensemble. Vegeta himself had donned a long blue cloak, wearing it partly overtop his armor after Bulma's insistence he might be less obvious. Up and down the paved asphalt street were small brick and ceramic buildings of various sizes, shaped like boxes stacked atop one another. Each had an open veranda ontop, where people sat and glanced at the foot traffic below. Occaisinally a sky sled rumbled by bearing beings dressed in cloaks and Frieza style armor.

"Bok Choi's boys?" asked Krillen.

"Yes, keep quiet, will you?" Vegeta snorted. "Great Oorzu you make enough noise to wake the dead.

"Better cover your armor up. I think they'll get wise to the fact that the Saiyan no Ouji's in town…" Bulma whispered.

"As if I didn't know how to conduct myself on an alien planet, woman," he snorted.

"But she has a point… I mean if this WAS your home system don't you think it's a bit weird for them to see the Saiyan Prince come back from the dead?" Krillen said. "I mean hey, we know better…"

"I knew of course," Vegeta snapped at him. "I was just waiting for the right time. Those stupid capes create unnecessary drag…"

"So does carrying a pretty girl in your arms," grinned Krillen.

"Shut up," Vegeta snorted.

"What was that?" Bulma asked.

"None of your business," Vegeta harumphed. Bulma noticed the faint reddish tint to his cheeks. She giggled, thinking that it must have been something related to her because Krillen was elbowing Vegeta and hiding his face with a hushed whisper.

"So, what first?"

"First we meet with my comrade at arms. Then we get some food because I'm fucking starving. Next we get a repair crew to get the ship and tow it to the local space garage…"

"UH Vegeta what are we going to do about money?" Bulma asked.

"Glad you mentioned that girl," Vegeta snickered. "Fortunately for all of you, I have a considerable investment under a pseudonym in a major galactic bank…"

"Gee whiz, how did they know you were still…"

"You think me so stupid that I didn't keep my resources? This contact has managed these affairs for me. As if it's any of YOUR business, baldie," Vegeta snapped at him. "Now shut up and follow me."

"Natives are restless," said Krillen.

"I'm starving," Bulma said. Vegeta nodded and motioned them to follow him.

Bulma was glad she could wrap the cloak around her so just her sunglasses were showing. Vegeta strode arrogantly ahead of them, maintaining a discrete distance of two feet. He came to a stop, and Bulma collided with his back with a grunt.

"Must you be so clumsy," he snorted.

"Excuse me, your highness if I didn't know when you'd STOP!" Bulma mumbled.

"Quiet! Females are not permitted to speak till spoken to, remember," Vegeta smirked.

"Jerk," she whispered.

"Hmm, I might like it here after all," Krillen snickered. "Looks like some local bar…"

"Inside…" Vegeta said. "I'll get a table… both of you women wait here… Baldie you stay and I'll call you…"

"What's his trip?"

"I think it's another local custom," Yumi whispered. "I've played in dives like this. It looks like some sorta hangout for big shots. See the size of that bouncer by the door?"

Vegeta spoke in a harsh guttural tone to the large furry bouncer. He blinked three sets of eyes, and motioned for the Prince to pass. Vegeta nodded to his party, and Krillen took the arms of both women, dragging them along with him. Bulma swallowed hard. Vegeta nodded and pointed, with a smile. Bulma groaned when she saw that at the front of the dim place was a stage, and wouldn't she know that in several of the large illuminated tanks veiled figures whirled and gyrated. Unmistakably female, and alluring. Some of the tables were pods along the side; while in the middle were modest hexagonal tables over which crouched all manner of life forms. Most of them followed the plan of a body with multiple limbs. The vast majority comprised races Bulma recalled under the employ of Furiza. Some of them had females sitting on their laps, robed over most of their bodies, but having one bare limb exposed here or there.

An arm stopped Bulma and Yumi. "I'm sorry, but you'll have to stay here… till I meet our host," Vegeta snickered.

"But wait…"

"Watch them, Krillen. I shall not be long," Vegeta smiled. The bouncer directed Krillen to a side area where he was urged to sit down. Both Bulma and Yumi were maneuvered into sitting directly next to him. Vegeta whispered in Krillen's ear, and the poor guy blushed. He set a hand on Yumi's thigh, and one on Bulma's shoulder.

"Sorry, but we've gotta look the part…"

"WHAT is going on here?" Bulma hissed as Vegeta strode off after the bouncer.

"Well, if there's anyone new in town, and they have women with them, they're asked to sit in this section… so the male customers don't flip out," Krillen chuckled, tugging his collar with a finger.

"Great… I hate to think what THAT means…"

"Well, basically it's a place for interested males to check out the new… ahem… merchandise…"

"You've GOT to be joking!" Yumi growled.

"Easy, just sit still. I'm here with both of you. It's just local custom. We're just supposed to stay here till Vegeta gets us that's all. I guess women are only allowed in the main restaurant if they belong to someone…"

"He stuffs his face while we STARVE," Bulma snorted. "I knew he was up to no good!"

"HAFKEW!" the muscular squat being with red skin snorted as he pointed at Bulma.

"You talking to me?" Krillen asked.

"SGVQAMGI! GYNWAR NOSKVE!" he snorted, indicating Bulma.

"I think that's their word for shut up," Yumi shivered.

"Well I'm not starving to death…" Bulma mumbled. One of the squat beings dropped what appeared to be a menu before Krillen. Fortunately it was mostly in pictures, and Krillen rubbed his hands together trying to decide what was edible. His eyes widened as he paged through the likely orders. What appeared to be drinks were on the back, like in many Earth establishments. With the exception of some of the drinks appearing like they had eyeballs or worms floating in them. He fell upon what resembled remotely human food, by staring at what the others were eating. The females at the tables around them were all under the watch of a singular male. Bulma deduced that like weapons, females were 'checked in' till their patrons were 'approved'. Routinely one of the bouncers would motion, and the female was guided with a hand on her arm through the smoky club towards one of the tables. Invariably she'd either be pushed on the lap of a patron, or be taken up front to dance in one of the glass-illuminated tanks.

However they were not hungry for long. Krillen managed to order something through hand gestures and pointing. The patient waiter nodded, then lumbered off. When a glass of blue liquid was plunked down before Krillen, and two pinkish red fizzing tankards before the girls, they all blinked. Yumi bravely tried a sip, and nodded that it was yumitastic. Plates of various tentacle entrees mixed with pasta of varying colors and odd vegetables were also set down. If not for Yumi's strong stomach and desire for the bizarre and grotesque, she and Krillen might have starved. Sushi was one thing, but they were on another world for heaven's sake.

"Gladdortam!" one of the men said, pointing to Bulma.

"Huh… what?" Krillen asked.

"He's pointing to me," Yumi groaned.

"Um… mine…" Krillen said, pointing to her. The bouncer laughed. Yumi was dragged to her feet, and pulled to the front.

"It's okay… I think he just wants you to dance for them…" said Krillen. "Right?"

The male grinned, and nudged Krillen. Bulma rolled her eyes as Yumi inhaled sharply, and let herself be led to the front. Whistles and shouts were produced from the crowd. Faced with an audience, Yumi felt some measure of relief. Either they wanted her to sing, or strip. She had little shame for her body, even before aliens, so when she dropped her robe, they all clapped and hooted. Grabbing an amplification device, she moved over to what appeared to be a stringed instrument. The desire for her to play brought surprise from the group already performing, but she wasn't being pushed off when she began to strum on the steel toned equivalent of a guitar. Her hands passed through laser light beams that changed pitches, bringing various hoots from the side. The beat picked up, and she was shoved into the musical ensemble while the females for this round were led up to their 'aquariums' and locked inside.

Krillen groaned as he rushed forwards, with Bulma next to him. Repeated grunts and shouts ensued as the club began to respond to Yumi's loud harsh singing. Apparently the leader of the band behind the cage had snared her waist, and they were both dodging one another. Yumi's scratchy loud voice mingled with the multi-tone wails and whistles of the slender green lizardman leaning on an amplification pole. Other females were pushed around, either dancing or singing.

"Hey… wait…" Krillen urged as he was elbowed in the ribs and picked up to be moved towards the bar. A large green skinned giant about Nappa's height with long silver hair nudged him, pointing to Yumi. He nodded weakly, leaving Bulma behind in his confusion. She was pushed behind him, and shoved towards the stage.

"KRILLEN!" she yelled. "What the HELL are you doing?"

Anger grew when she saw that his new found 'buddy' was pushing a drink into his hand, and slapping Krillen hard on the back. Although Krillen had little clue of the language, he could piece enough together of what was transpiring. Yumi considered 'his' female was charming the crowd, and he was being given the comradely male pat on the back for 'training' her. Bits of paper and various pieces of metal landed right before him. It didn't take a genius to figure out it was currency.

"You jerk!" Bulma yelled. One of the bouncers sharply yelled at her. She snarled, turning on him, and shoved her way out of the 'women's section' to give Krillen a piece of her mind. Unfortunately several males began to pull and tug at her. Her robe dropped, revealing the AE suit. A random hand twisted the buckle, and she transformed into a rather revealing equivalent of what the dancers and other females were wearing.

"Kuso… let me go!" She screeched. Krillen heard her voice, and struggled to look around. Yet his 'friend' with the red skin slapped him so hard on the back he went face first into a bowl of greenish slime that tasted like chicken soup. He shook his head, dazed.

A loud shout blared in Bulma's ear. She screamed and swung out her hand, shrieking for Krillen or anyone to hear her. Yumi gasped as she saw one of the male customers grab Bulma and drag her. Money was tossed and she was shoved into the side where several other females were being held. A harsh grunt came when one of the bouncers shook his head and clipped something cold around her neck, securing it to a small bar on the wall. Hands were restrained with a band behind her, and Bulma yelled all the more.  


A half hour later, Bulma dripped with sweat all over her exposed skin. The AE suit had been torn from her body after she was bustled into a back room with other females. After much screeching and hooting they'd managed to convince her and the other noisy females to silence with shoves.

"Be quiet, Idsarian," whispered the silver haired woman to her left. Bulma noticed she was covered in silvery cat fur, and her long tail swished back and forth. "Or you nobody will buy… where your male is?"

"Um… he was um… just finding an old friend… and my stupid assed… guardian got caught up…" Bulma stammered.

"He not auctioned you? What for he put you here?"

"I don't know… I'm light years from home… and SCARED! I miss my boyfriend…"

"You have a mate?" asked the silver feline.

"Yes… well no… I was… someone else was with me… or me with them, but someone else… it's all confusing… and when he finds out I'm on the chopping block… please… what's going on here?"

"You from world where females not sold or bought? Why you here?" asked her friend.

"Dummy she's from Idsar! They mate for life… and the only other action they have is when they have the sharing…"

"Yes… we share sex partners, but most of us belong to one male…" Bulma nodded. She prayed she was right assuming what Idsar's customs were. Vegeta had mentioned the 'pleasure girls' of Idsar and their multiple sexual pleasuring toys. The first time he'd sneaked into her room and stolen her vibrators and such for a joke, he'd been amazed to find its true use. Apparently he was well versed in some matters. As she turned bright red, Vegeta inquired why she hadn't bought an Isarian self stimulating girdle. It was all the rage amongst female members who wanted to avoid sex partners. She then asked how he knew so much, and he grinned, trying to explain to her what a pleasure harness was.

Bulma had groaned in embarrassment pointing out the various sex toys in a shop when he wouldn't stop teasing her. Vegeta was rather shocked and annoyed; not to mention disgusted that they were sold in such a 'common' place instead of in a discrete and stately department of any universal market. This strange contrast of knowing self-pleasure but being shocked at Earth customs was one of many contradictions about the Prince. Apparently because he did not like having sex with anyone who wasn't Saiyan, he turned to manual stimulation. The so-called 'pleasure harness' was a device that strapped to the male sensory places, while the scouter was plugged in, and various fantasy scenarios were played. Stimulation was achieved, and allowed him to have the release he wished without needing any concubines.

"You have your sex toys and I have mine, woman," he'd teased, tossing her Rabbit back to her and commenting that she was getting ripped off with it being so miniscule. This earned him a shriek when she tossed several bottles of KY at him.

Vegeta had rushed out snickering loudly. Bulma wouldn't speak to him for at least a week. That was fine by him, till he next got bored.

"Where the hell are you, Vegeta," she whimpered.

"Name?"

"Bulma," she mumbled.

"Persia," said her friend. "I was treated well by my last master Kumquat. But he wanted something new, so I hope I have a master who is just as gentle…"

"Kumquat… he's in Bok Choi's troops," Bulma whispered. Persia nodded her furred head.

"Shh, you must not speak. They are coming to see us…"

"How can you understand me?" Bulma whispered.

"You wear their scouters. They're tuned to Standard Frieza tongue," whispered the girl to her left. Apart from her green skin and purple hair, she was almost human.

"Who was your owner?"

"My brother had to sell me to pay for his debts," she whispered. "But I'm proud to say he's given me the highest rating. I'm prime merchandise… and so apparently are you from the look of your registration collar…"

"You mean you don't MIND being a sex slave?" Bulma asked.

"Sex servant," corrected the green skinned woman. "I thought you of Idsar 7 knew multiple pleasuring techniques…"

"I was only along for the ride! My… owner… master didn't want me sold!" Bulma wailed.

"Then why…"

"Idiot, be quiet!" Persia hissed.

"You're Bulma, right?"

"Yes… and you?"

"Zelbreen," she whispered.

"Um, you look like someone else I've met…" she whispered. "You have a brother… was he named… Zarbon by any chance?"

"You knew my brother?" she asked quietly in awe. "Did you see him before he…"

"He died on Namek… in a fight… It thought you knew…"

"I had been told he'd died fighting bravely…" she whispered, closing her eyes.

"I'm… sorry…" she whispered.

"Where did you see him?"

"I was captured… on Namek," said Bulma. "But I managed to escape…"

"There were few pleasure slaves that did… if not for Kumquat," whispered Zelbreen. "Persia and I were once his. If we're lucky, we will be bought by Bok Choi and put in his personal harem. They're already bidding on us…"

"What do I do?"

"Just behave and keep quiet. The better you present yourself, the better your chances of being bought by a good master. Just do what you Idsarians do best… and you'll be well treated," Zelbreen whispered. "Relax… they're coming for you… stay quiet till spoken to…"

Bulma swallowed hard as someone pointed to Zelbreen. She strode out with her head held high, undulating her shapely hips. Roughly Zarbon's height she walked with the same grace. Bulma wondered if she could transform into the same hideous shape as her brother, if she truly was. As much as she hated Zarbon, she felt sorry that this female was clueless about her status.

"The blue haired Idsarian… and the Caitian," said one of the merchants. Bulma could comprehend a few percents of what was being said. Apparently some of the females were permitted the use of scouters. Till it was snatched off her face and she screamed.

"Relax," whispered Persia. "We're being taken to bidding…"

"But that was mine…"

"They'll return it when you're sold, now shush," Persia whispered. Bulma whimpered. One after the other the women were marched out, shackled together at the neck by their gold collars. After some time she was placed in a separate smaller chained off area next to Zelbreen and Persia. Whispers and points from the surrounding males made her feel anxious. All that separated them from the males was a sheet of glass or translucent pink material similar to the eyepiece of her scouter. Other large tanks held females that were sorted out into other sections. A curtain dropped, and she saw male faces gawking up at her and the other two. Glancing around she saw that her 'tank' was center stage where Yumi and the other females had just danced. They had been placed in the same enclosures as the female dancers, Bulma deduced. Judging from her position relative to the other enclosures from the stage, she could pinpoint where she'd been taken.

Mr. Zocolotto, from what she could gather before her scouter was taken, was walking onstage now. The furry squat being lifted a paw, and started to pace back and forth. He pointed to the various tanks, and placed numbers directly on the glass before each female. Like a post it note, a tag was placed just before Bulma's nose. She desperately whimpered while she glanced wildly around for any sign of Vegeta. Damn him!

"And here we have the Prime lot of the night… three lovely females just recently purchased and approved for bidding. Several silent bids have already been placed, but those of you who are new can place bids in advance for the next five dreens… number 8 and 9 were pleasure slaves of our local favorite patron, Commander Kumquat of his Glory's illustrious Chopper squad. Let's hear it folks because these two are fully vaccinated and trained in multiple pleasuring techniques. I have to my left a Caitian beauty under the reg. name of Persia. She is fully domesticated and able to cook and clean any solider or merchant's quarters. Next to her, is a Dondorian beauty by the name of Zelbreen. She's a prize jewel to be sure. Both are a job lot or can be purchased separately… but they were once owned and are fully approved for consumption…"

"I have in this same lot a rare prize. An Idsarian female in the prime of life. She is capable of full fertilization and has a feisty spirit. I'm attempting to track down her owner… because it seems that she was put into the market unintentionally. If her owner wishes to make a claim he must do so now, otherwise she'll be sold to the highest bidder…"

"Excuse me, I'd like to claim her," said a voice nearby. Bulma blinked and stared at the statuesque fellow with long black hair and purple eyes. Red stripes were painted all over his body, and she wondered who it was.

"Tangelo, I had no idea you owned her…"

"I'm getting her back for her owner. He's rather annoyed she's been sold, but he apologizes for the inconvenience. I'm giving 100 creds for your trouble…"

"All right then! Sorry men, but this one is not for sale…" Zocolotto said regretfully. "You may take her…"

"Oh Kuso," Bulma groaned. Tangelo strode up, and leaned down to unlock the tank.

"Don't worry little one, you'll be reunited with your master soon. He's anxious to see you again…" he whispered to her.

"You mean…"

"Come with me and keep quiet…" he said, taking Bulma's leash. She groaned as he marched her away, relieved and hoping that Vegeta was the so-called 'friend' who wished to claim her.

"Good luck!" Zelbreen waved.

"Have fun…" Persia mewed. Bulma groaned and waved to them as they were quickly sold to the next anxious flurry of bidders.  


Bulma's heart pounded more and more with each step she took behind Tangelo. Gently and insistently he tugged on her collar, guiding her to one of the 'pods' along the back of the bar/tavern. Glass enclosures curved over the occupants, affording a measure of privacy at each of these booths. Other males whooped and cheered to see Bulma positioned by Tangelo once they came to a stop.

"Show's over," Tangelo gritted. A few catcalls later, they became quiet. Especially when the occupant opened his 'pod' and climbed out. Bulma felt tears rolling down her cheeks at the sight of the Prince standing by the 'pod', his arms folded.

"Well, well well, what do you have to say for yourself, you naughty woman," he smirked up at her.

"Thank Kame," she sobbed, and rushed over. Tangelo released the leash, and she threw herself at Vegeta with relief.

"Seems she was quite anxious to see you," Tangelo raised an eyebrow. Vegeta extended a hand to clutch her stiffly around the waist. He pulled her towards the table, and sat down. Grabbing her hips he planted her firmly across his lap. Bulma was never so glad to see anyone in her life as she huddled there.

"Oh Kame, what was going on!" she sobbed.

"Keep quiet woman," he urged. For once Bulma was glad to comply. Meekly she shifted positions on the Prince's lap, feeling her face pump hot with rushing blood that pounded through her ears.

"I'm sorry for the mix up. Apparently your comrade wasn't aware of our customs…"

"He's an idiot anyway," Vegeta snorted. "You'll be well compensated for your time as always… I'd hate to lose sight of this woman… she's been quite a good servant…"

"As I take it. You have excellent taste. But you know as well as I that she's no Idsarian," laughed Tangelo.

"No, unfortunately she's not from your world," Vegeta shook his head. "She's from Chikyuu, that small mudball I've been calling my temporary home…"

"Temporary?" Bulma asked, stiffening on his lap.

"Do be quiet!" he snapped. She bit her lip in her attempt to keep quiet. There was much to discuss later on in private.

"Your little friend ended up being mistaken for a new recruit," said Tangelo, picking up his tankard of orange slimy goo. The Adams apple in his neck bobbed up and down. Bulma glanced over Vegeta's gloved hand to see him tracing a finger down the menu. Already many emptied dishes were piled on the table, evidence that he'd satisfied one appetite.

"Oh no, Krillen!"

"Stupid fool! He's got the luck of the damned," Vegeta snorted. "Well, I see that he's going to have a time trying to figure his way out of THAT mess."

"This is awful!"

"Maybe not so awful. Apparently they mistook him for whoever's armor that last was," said Tangelo. His striped face curled up into an amused smile, showing sharp white teeth. So this was what an Idsarian looked like. Basically humanoid, including the skin tones, yet slightly more feral. She didn't wonder much why Vegeta would feel more at ease around him because he almost resembled a Saiyan.

"Great father Oorzo, of all the luck," Vegeta laughed.

"What's so DAMN Funny?" Bulma demanded. She forgot the 'no speak' rule, earning her a sharp glare of warning from Tangelo.

"It's simple, wench. He's wearing the armor I gave him on Namek… apparently it belonged to a minor ensign by the name of Lettuce…"

"An Idsarian like myself," said Tangelo with a glint of amusement in his purple eyes. "Are you certain that was not part of your plan?"

"Regrettably no. Did they come and pick up my ship?"

"The company I hired has towed it into space repair. But the two crew members that you said would be there have gone missing…"

"Yamucha and Ami!" Bulma gasped.

"This is a pain in the ass," Vegeta groaned, rubbing his face. "Any idea WHERE?"

"They were last spotted with a caravan, heading due west for Silver City…" Tangelo said. "Apparently when my associates tried to track them down, they were garbed in the same manner as the Brigands of Loyola…"

"Wait, I'm confused…"

"Your friend Yamucha has allied himself with the Brigands," said Vegeta, wrinkling his brow.

"That's a bad thing, right?"

"Well, yes and no. Bad in that he might screw things up if he knows who you are… good in the fact he'll stay alive and we won't have to go rushing off after him," Vegeta replied.

"How can you just…"

"Woman, they were idiots to even TAG along," Vegeta snapped at her, banging his table with his gloved fist. "You should be fucking GLAD they're alive… though Great Oorzu knows WHY you care…"

"Yamucha's an ass, but he's only worried about me… and he's STILL a friend…" Bulma blushed.

"Hmmm whatever. But I’m not deviating from my mission for HIS sorry ass. If he wants to join those low class desert bandits…"

"Desert bandits? Did you say what I think you said," Bulma asked.

"What of it?" Vegeta snorted.

"Your female…"

"Can speak around me because she'll keep me up half the fucking night if I don't let her!" Vegeta snapped at Tangelo. "And we're in a fucking pod table!"

"Vegeta, calm down…" Tangelo warned. "He did say desert bandit. That tribe is one of the local ones that raids Bok Choi's supply runs and sells them on the black market to those who can't afford to pay protection. While they hate Bok Choi, he couldn't be in a safer place for now…"

"Vegeta, Yamucha will be okay… he was a desert bandit when I first met him," Bulma sighed in relief. "He's probably just doing what comes naturally… but what if he's killed…"

"If he does he's not worthy of fighting the androids. Do try and use that miniscule BRAIN of yours Woman… I've got a fucking headache!" Vegeta snarled.

"Excuse me your royal pain in the backside!" she griped back.

"She does seem well suited to you, Vegeta-sama," Tangelo chuckled.

"Mind your own damn business! Just get to the point! Can I do what I desire or not?"

"You can. Except the item you wish has been sold to a bidder on Archalis. You must leave tomorrow if you're going to catch it at auction…"

"But what about the ship? Vegeta… it's all in pieces… can they fix it?"

"Not for three days, woman," Vegeta snorted. "Not even with your help. And I don't have TIME to wait…"

"I might have an answer. I kept the space pod that I once used…"

"A Saiyan model?" Vegeta asked, sitting up straight. "Where man, where?"

"It's at my estate. You two are welcome to stay there, but be mindful that some have recognized you, Vegeta-sama."

"But Krillen and Yumi…"

"Luckily they are under the watchful eyes of our comrade," said Tangelo. "He'll make certain, once I apprise him right, that your friend will be protected…"

"Wait you still have a friend who's working for Bok Choi?" Bulma asked.

"OF course you silly female! That's what he said!" Vegeta snapped. "Either keep up or SHUT UP!"

"Jerk," Bulma mumbled. Her mouth watered as he sipped from a goblet containing blue liquid. IT fizzed like champagne, and smelled faintly of alcohol.

Patiently Tangelo waited, then resumed his explanation, "Lieutenant Kumquat, Vegeta-sama, myself, and one other were in the same squad, along with Nappa and Radditz… we were separated when Vegetasama took his fellow Saiyajin to retrieve Kakkarot who'd gone missing."

"Whoa, you were all war buddies under Frieza? No way!" Bulma gasped.

"Shh," Vegeta hissed. "That's true. I was the commander of them all."

"But I thought you only had Saiyans…"

"The few that were left and not reassigned," he said bitterly. "Tangelo here was my second in command. He, Kumquat and the others were assigned to Orchydsei…"

"When Bok Choi took over this sector after Freiza's demise…" said Tangelo. "I bought my way out of his pay with some of the money Vegetasama gave me. This was in return for handling his financial affairs, and putting them in my name."

"How do you keep a living here?" Bulma asked.

"I'm part owner in this club. I'm one of their exhibition prizefighters…" said Tangelo proudly.

"Tangelo-san has been taking care of what money I still have," Vegeta explained, keeping his voice under control despite his irritation at having to explain to Bulma.

"He's your executor then…"

"Hmm," Vegeta nodded.

"You've been in contact with him all this time?"

"Not till I knew the device I constructed would work. When I was in space searching for Kakkarot almost a year ago, I made a transmission. I haven't gotten one back till last week. If you and I don't leave for Archalis tomorrow I could lose all hope of finding what I seek," Vegeta said.

"So… you say you've got a ship? And that for the time being, my friends are all right?"

"They'll be safer staying here. Krillen will serve under Kumquat's watchful care, and Yumi if she keeps her mouth shut is his bed slave," said Vegeta.

"Oh damn… I hate the slave part…"

"That's the custom here," Vegeta rolled his eyes. "As you doubtless have experienced firsthand, thanks to the stupidity of your friend who couldn't keep an eye on you!"

"I'm not going to ask about that," Bulma said shakily. "But Yamucha…"

"If he keeps out of the way, he'll be fine,' Tangelo said. "If he's a desert bandit on Chikyuu, he'll fit in fine here. I'll find some mission for them to run… while you and your servant go to Archalis…"

"Wait…"

"The brigands sometimes run errands and supplies of liquid refreshment to Mr. Zocolotto, my boss," Tangelo lowered his voice. "I'll make sure they're safe while you're gone, Vegetasama… but we must be going…"

"You heard him, woman. Let's go. And keep your mouth SHUT unless you want more of the same… I might not retrieve you!" Vegeta scolded.

"Please don’t sell me," Bulma gave him a horrified look.

"Not if you behave, my pretty," said Vegeta with a wink.

"And you have the nerve to call me LOW CLASS?" she spat at him. Vegeta pushed her off his lap, and gave her backside a squeeze. She opened her mouth to yell at him, but he caught her up against his body firmly. Grabbing the back of her hair he moved his lips over hers for a split second. Bulma gasped in surprise then felt a flush of heat spread over her body. Her knees felt weak at the simple kiss. Although it was clumsy she felt fare more arousal in that lip press than in all the French kisses with Yamucha and the other men she'd dated.

She pulled his face close to let her lips linger on his. He stiffened a bit, and grunted, pulling away. "Well, that shut you up," he muttered with a smirk. "I suppose I’m getting the hang of this…"

"Uh huh…" Bulma mumbled, hiding her face in her hand. "Kame… this is so not happening…"

"Better cover yourself woman… I'll not have them thinking I don't care for you properly," he said, wrapping the robe he wore around her body. She shivered, realizing she had spent all that time in her bra and panties.

"I'm so embarrassed," she squealed.

"What the hell do you have to be nervous about? You weren't half as ugly as the rest of the females up there," Vegeta said. Bulma clung to his arm, stumbling. Vegeta took her hand and moved it around his waist, resting his around her shoulders. They followed Tangelo's great strides out of the club. Bulma wasn't sorry to leave it in the least.

***

She huddled next to him on the private sky sled ride out of the main street. Her eyelids drooped as she leaned more heavily on Vegeta's shoulder. Shivering he pulled the cloak around her and dozed off at the gentle whine of the propulsion engine.

"I think it's better if we leave tonight," Vegeta said, voice vibrating through his armored shoulder. Bulma shifted and Vegeta repositioned her so she lay with her head more comfortably against his armored chest.

"Are you sure, Vegeta-sama… I have a room you can stay in…"

"I'm anxious to stay one step ahead of those clowns," said Vegeta. "And the woman is already asleep, so what is the difference… I can sleep on the way as well…"

"The suspension gas is fully recharged," said Tangelo. Bulma feigned sleep, shifting only slightly.

"Good. I shall require clothes for the female, and provisions of course… though the gas will eliminate the basic need for most…" Vegeta grunted.

"We're coming up on my holding facility. It's in the main spaceport… the craft's on launch pad 34a…"

"I hope that there aren't many nosy people who'd catch sight of a Saiyan space pod," Vegeta grumbled.

"I've had the chameleon mechanism adjusted so it appears with Bok Choi's markings…"

"Ugh," Vegeta growled in disapproval. "I suppose some dignity must be sacrificed for my cause. How far…"

"We're there now… in two dreems…"

"Good. I'll make the necessary prelaunch checks… but I'll need those other items…"

"Give me a dreem and I'll get them to you in the next half min…"

Time passed in the hum droning silence. Some fifteen minutes to a half-hour later, the motion stopped and the humming engines ceased. Bulma felt herself being shifted into Vegeta's muscular arms. Under her knees and back she felt his gloved hands gently lifting. Still she kept her eyes squeezed shut when she felt Vegeta climbing out.

"This is it?" Vegeta grunted.

"This way…" Tangelo answered.

Next Bulma heard the light footsteps under coupled with the graceful strides of Vegeta carrying her somewhere. Still she was wrapped in the cloak, only feeling slight gusts of chilly air. Judging from the whooshes and intermittent gusts of more powerful winds they must be at the port. A loud droning screech cut off their next conversation. Suddenly the cloth around Bulma whipped up in the ensuing wind gust. It settled down to drape over her the next minute.

"Brr," she shivered, blinking. She opened her eyes to darkness glowing with a reddish orange haze. Bright points of drifting light spread out on the black undulating surface that stretched for miles. In the distance, just on either sides of Tangelo's muscular shape she noticed city lights twinkling. Rising lights crossed with meteoric trails from space pod and craft trails landing and taking off.

Vegeta tightened his grip on her, carrying her in the shadow of Tangelo's tall figure. They entered a long corridor, metallic and smelling of must before emerging into open space once more. If she craned her neck she could stare past Vegeta's shoulder to see the gantry tunnel they'd exited. It wrapped like a gerbil tube around a large circular platform open fully to the sky. Nestled in depresses of varying sizes were spacecraft of spherical and ovoid design. A curved ten-foot sphere loomed up, its hatch hissing open when Tangelo raised a remote control to it. Gas hissed out, and Bulma recognized a ship almost identical to the one Goku had landed when he'd escaped Namek's destruction. Ironic since that was when they'd met the purple haired Saiyan that disturbed Vegeta so much.

Since that time, she and her father had taken Goku's pod and studied it. Parts of it became the new Capsule 4 craft that Vegeta took into space for training. It hadn't occurred to them to simply keep it intact. Traveling for humans involved much more than sitting in a cramped shell for a long flight. To Vegeta it was second nature, because that was the only sort of spaceflight he'd know. If not for the desire to train in a GR, he'd have settled for a craft almost identical to the ones he'd flown under Freiza.

"Everything checks out," Vegeta mumbled, leaning into the craft. He shook Bulma lightly.

"What?" she said.

"Stop pretending to be asleep. You might as well stand on your own legs and be out of my way before we leave," he snorted, setting her down.

"Thanks bunches, bakayarou," she snapped. "And what makes you think I'm gonna ride cooped up with you in that little baseball, huh?"

"Unless you want me to leave you in Tangelo's care, you'll have to make do. And I'll be the one unfortunate enough to have to share that space with YOU! Thank Kame we'll be gassed out for most of the trip…"

"What?" Bulma asked, as Vegeta turned and leaned into the pod. He flipped various switches, while Tangelo momentarily excused himself.

"I'll be back, Vegetasama… you wait here, female…"

"The name is BULMA, you baka!" she snapped, hands on her hips. "I don't care if I’m a slave, I have a fucking NAME!"

"You're not a slave, stupid," came Vegeta's answer. "Now stop prattling and give me a minute to tell you what the hell's going on so you won't pester me for the next three days…"

"Kame, I'm NOT gonna be cooped up with you in that damn thing for three days!' Bulma squealed.

"You want me to strap you on top like luggage?" Vegeta asked, smirking at her. He pulled himself out, and stood facing her with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Don't you DARE! I need to breathe! What…"

"Shut up, and look here. Since you've fixed that other craft you'll see the similarities. And the superiority in design…"

"You'd think it was a damn Rolls Royce or something!" Bulma muttered, leaning inside to see the controls Vegeta indicated.

"All pods are equipped with suspension capability to conserve air, power and rations," said Vegeta. "That's why they are so successful and far more…"

"No GR, dorkbrain," she winked.

"Other then THAT…" Vegeta answered. Tangelo returned, chuckling at the sound of their argument.

"I have your money, and some supplies… you can get more on Archalis…" he said, handing Vegeta a series of plastic plates the size of credit cards. He slipped them into compartments on a belt Bulma had seen him add to his usual blue and white ensemble. Armor that she'd made for him, which he took for granted. In a sense it was a compliment unspoken that he wore it without question all the time.

"And I'm in the altogether?" she yelped.

"What are you bitching about, it's climate controlled," Vegeta snapped. "Now shut up and get in… I'm anxious to leave…"

"Best of luck to you both. And try to behave, female… he's not as bad as he may seem. You're fortunate to have such an owner as he…"

"Yeah, lucky me," Bulma snorted. "Let's just GO! But you owe me a whole new wardrobe, Vegeta!"

"Whatever, just get in!" Vegeta snorted, climbing inside the cramped interior. He sat down in the padded seat with a grunt, and held out his arm to Bulma.

"Terrific, I have to sit there?" she groaned.

"Just shut up and don't MOVE," he growled, yanking her inside. She plopped across his knees, and looked up at the amused face of Tangelo.

"WHAT?" both she and Vegeta said together.

"Good voyage, Vegetasama… try to have fun," he winked, as the door slid closed. Bulma shivered at the walls of the pod curving around them while Vegeta reached around her to flip switches. He cursed under his breath in that same language she figured was Saiyan.

"It's that switch there," she mumbled. "And aren't you going to wear your seatbelt?"

"Shut up and stop pestering me! It's bad enough I had to almost buy you back since that imbecile friend of yours put you on display! You have any idea of how much it would have been?"

"I'm prime merchandise, of course," Bulma joked.

"Sit down there," he said, grabbing her hips and swinging her around so she sat with her back to his chest. He parted his legs and put her in the V between his muscular thighs, then grabbed the harness. He stretched it overtop himself and Bulma, clicking it into pace.

"You're joking right?" she shivered, adrenaline pounding. Around them the sphere vibrated, the twinkling lights only two feet away from her in the forward and side panels. The ship lurched, and she pressed down against his armored chest as the view through the front porthole changed to blackness. Vegeta grasped the control to his right, and turned the pod to the right so she could see a diagonal line of white twinkling lights. Her mouth dropped open at the sheer immensity of the space that beckoned. Wispy clouds shot past them as Vegeta pressed his left foot on the manual retros.

"Ugh…" she groaned.

"Stop squirming around, will you…" he grunted.

"Kuso…" she panted, feeling the walls closing in. She hated to admit that she was claustrophobic, but something about having that curved wall between her and the inky black that was just outside the forward port. Squeezing her eyes shut she whimpered. Tears rolled down her face, and then she felt the crushing pressure of G forces increasing.

"Why are you whining, it's damn annoying," Vegeta's voice said in her ear. She shivered and clutched the belt with her white fingers. Sweat blistered on her skin, and her hair was right in his nose.

"I… it's closing in around me…" she whimpered.

"Shit," he cursed, then slipped into a colorful string of grunts that resembled a chimpanzee. "Listen Woman, you're safe in here… will you stop making that noise?"

"I'm not used to this… its fricking leprechaun in here! How did those guys FIT into here… especially Nappa and Radditz?"

"They weren't carrying a fat assed female weighing them down, that's how…" Vegeta teased.

"You're no lightweight yourself! You almost crushed me when we crashed! So don't talk to ME about being heavy!" she snapped.

"You're still hideously fat and ugly as usual… although alongside those trollops I have no idea WHY you were so damn nervous…"

"I hate you, you ass!" she squealed, writhing in the seat. "Why I ever let you talk me into this…"

"You agreed willingly to come," Vegeta reminded her, lips tickling her ear.

"You could have kidnapped me. What do you need me for anyway… so far you've threatened to blow up my friends, and let me almost get sold as a sex slave!"

"Sex servant," Vegeta clarified. "And that's not ALL they do. Mr. Zocolotto has one of the best markets this side of Vejitasei. You should consider yourself fortunate that you weren't sold…"

"Yeah I'm so lucky… to have a loud mouthed spoiled brat like you ordering me around! And locking me in a tin baseball that's going to make me suffocate…" Bulma yelled.

"This tin baseball is ten times as fast as that slow capsule jalopy," Vegeta chuckled, his chest heaving behind her. "So consider yourself fortunate…"

"How am I fortunate, you maniacal monkey man!"

"Hmm, that was down right poetic… I do believe you call that alliteration? I'm shocked that you're capable of making your curses an art form…"

"I hate my life," she whimpered.

"Woman, what is wrong?" he snorted in disgust as she burst into tears. "You're not honesty saying your afraid are you? I told you a million times that there are fewer that are stupid enough to cross me… and I'm NOT going to kill you…"

"How do I know that…"

"Because I gave my world as the Prince of Saiyans… dolt. Which you insult me by considering so little regard for…"

"I'm… sorry Vegeta okay! You happy now?" she snapped. "You're enjoying seeing me humiliated! Aren't you?"

"When were you ever humiliated, woman? Nobody knows you on that world, so stop feeling sorry for yourself," Vegeta snapped. "Be glad that I even tolerate having you around…"

"Why's that?" she asked. "I mean you hate everyone and you're saying you tolerate me?"

"Because you're a spoiled rotten little brat," said Vegeta.

"I'm NOT spoiled!"

"Uh huh," Vegeta laughed. "And I'm your weakling ex boyfriend's plaything!"

"Ewww GROSS!" she gagged.

"That twerp thought we were living together… and I'm as repulsed at the notion of being near that clown as you are," Vegeta snorted. "The very IDEA! If I'm going to mate, I prefer a female! I'm in no way going to let a male mate me!"

"What kind of woman would you want for a mate?" she asked. "Since you told me you wanted my help, and I don't see how I'm doing anything to achieve THAT on this trip…"

"Someone who I can stand, for starters, woman," Vegeta answered. "And since you're so curious I suppose I must tell you more about Saiyan mating habits…"

"Do we have to now? I mean do I have to hear now… I’m feeling sick already…"

"It's just as repulsive as your human oddities… although our species ARE similar in general physiology…" he mumbled. Bulma panted heavily and did not answer. She was squirming tightly on his lap, tearing at the seat belt harness weighing her down. All of a sudden Vegeta smelled fear and her heart rate skyrocketing through the roof.

"I can't breathe in here Vegeta… it's too small… I can't…" she whimpered.

"You really are scared of this, aren't you?" Vegeta mumbled in momentary sick fascination. Her squirming had another unforeseen consequence because her backside was rubbing in a rather awkward place nestled against him.

Tears poured down her cheeks as Bulma shivered convulsively. Punching the autopilot, Vegeta sighed and rolled his eyes. Another human weakness he'd have to put up with no doubt.

"Woman, shut up and listen to me! You're not going to stop breathing if you can keep yapping so annoyingly! So knock it off! If I can breathe, you can too!" he snapped in her ear. "Now will you stop moving!"

"I'm terrified…" she sobbed. "I can't… I’m going nuts…"

"You're driving ME nuts," Vegeta cursed. He unclipped his seatbelt, releasing Bulma. She flailed her arms and legs wildly to his chagrin. Wrapping his arms around her he caught hold of her wrists and squeezed her against him.

"Stop that!"

"IM CLAUSTROPHOBIC YOU ASSHOLE!" she screamed.

"Why didn't you say so, bakka woman," he mumbled.

"You didn't ask…" she sobbed. Vegeta turned her to one side so she sat crosswise on his thighs. He curled his left arm to support her back, and held her legs down with his right. Grumbling he continued to restrain her, making small hushing noises.

"Shh, now stop that… you're safe you idiot," Vegeta mumbled, using a tone that he'd hardly knew his voice could make. "Just knock it off… I'm not going to let you die, so just shush…"

"I'm sorry Vegeta… I can't… it's always been like this…" she sniffled.

"Hush now, woman… I've got you, so do stop crying already…" Vegeta mumbled in her ear. He stroked her bare legs with his gloved hand, wondering where he'd had the instinct to do so. It quieted the woman, to some extent, but she was still sobbing and whining right in his ears. Again he cursed and decided to shut her up in the way he'd found worked twice before. Luckily she didn't taste unpleasant, he thought as he angled his face to block her sniffles with his mouth. She started in his arms, jolting as her breath hit his lips. Clumsily he kept moving his mouth.

"He doesn't know what to do," Bulma realized. Her heart pounded for another reason because the whole world burned several degrees hotter. She raised her arms to thread them around his neck, finally getting another chance to see what his hair felt like. Oddly soft and only remotely stiff as horsehair. Wiry enough to snap into that permanent style, much as Radditz had been. While washing Son-kun's hair as a kid, she had held the boy down in sudsy water to keep him from leaping out. Gohan had the same hair texture. Neither smooth, nor silky, but wiry and stiff, but still pleasant tot he touch. Vegeta's movements were calculated, stiff and mechanical. But his taste was spicy, and his smell somewhere between musk and that blasted old spice her mother had given him last Christmas. It smelled to a lesser degree of when she'd first seen him come off the spaceship that day in Capsule Corps yard and lure him to take a shower before he blasted everything in sight.

"What's the blasted damn deal about this ludicrous waste of time," he panted as she surfaced for breath. Their mouths had remained closed, limited to tenuous continued presses of his lips over hers and her response.

"Simple…"

"I'm NOT sucking your face in that DISGUSTING manner…" he grumbled.

"Nobody said you had to, jerk…" she answered, fingering his lips, and amazed he was actually doing this.

"Stupid human customs. I suppose you'll shut up if I continue this?" he mumbled. "As disgusting as you taste…"

"You smell as bad as you did when you first showed up. You're going to take a shower the first thing when we land, bud," she panted.

"Annoying female," he grunted.

"Monkey's uncle," she countered. "This is what a kiss is supposed to be like…"

About to protest, Vegeta's mouth opened and Bulma used the chance to kiss him again. His word was caught away in that rasping half growl he used when annoyed or unsure of what human word to use for cursing appropriately. He stiffened in his usual manner when she slid her tongue into his mouth, overtop sharp simian teeth. Bulma hoped he wouldn't try anything feral such as biting her tongue in two. She turned her head occasionally from one angle to the other, using her lips to massage overtop his. He didn't know what to do with his gloved hands that were stiffly raised on either side of her shoulders.

Although he said she tasted nasty, he could not be more contrary in meaning. That salty taste of human saliva was not so unlike his own. Greasy lip paint slid over his mouth. Her tongue was soft and delicate and warm moving against his. He grabbed her chin in one hand to hold her face in place so he could show her what he realized she was doing. Not unlike the disgusting task of food sharing that he'd often see with the female slaves in the nursery, chewing up the food for their male babies till their teeth fell in. A memory of a conversation with Radditz hit him full between the eyes. One of the rituals of mating involved the female chewing up part of her meal and placing the moistened mouthful onto that of the male. He would do the same in turn, and they would chew one another's food to share in this manner. That was the closest Saiyan equivalent to this 'kiss' that Bulma rated so highly. It clicked that it wasn't so disgusting after all.

Lightly he nipped her tongue with his teeth and she shivered. He then rubbed the sensitive place with his own tongue, making slight biting motions and movements that one did when eating. Instantly she relaxed in his arms, falling limp against him. Pheromones burst into full intensity, causing his own heart rate to skyrocket to the rate of the human earth woman.

"I can't breath…" she gasped, panting.

"Food sharing without the food, weird but as all human customs has some basis in reality," he smirked.

"I'm not even going to ask what you just said."

"Will you be quiet or do I have to continue this pointless ritual of yours?"

"I don't know… I think I feel an urge to ask you all sorts of…"

"That's quite enough out of you for ONE evening, girl," he said. Bulma giggled against his kiss, knowing that he'd played right into her hands. Too bad it was just his lame effort to keep her silent so he could have peace and quiet. Vegeta realized the more he continued the 'kiss' the more excited he grew, and the more impossible it became to hold back the urge to tear off her clothes. The instinct to rut and take the female right there arose in him, as it had before with the two concubines that he'd managed to train so well. Sex toys only went so far, and since he refused common whores, the logical alternative was a bed slave that was his alone.

He'd only had two of them, and both had been stolen away by his fellow soldiers. Nappa and Radditz had done their best to find the right compatible sort that was a close match for a Saiyan. Only the pleasure girls of Idsar or Velure were even desirable. Till he'd laid eyes on the blue haired creature in search of Freiza's dragonballs. Perhaps this kiss wasn't so useless after all because he felt extremely calm and satisfied. Would she become a rutting concubine or the mate he'd desired? It all seemed so bothersome, but nobody was around to see him embarrass himself with this human. She was a willing servant before, but this side to her use gave him other ideas that were more towards the side of diversion and entertainment. To a Saiyan, fighting, food, hunting and sex were three past times that were used for pleasure. All games were variations of fighting or hunting. Sex with one's mate or a designated royal concubine was often a nice way to end a challenging fight, his father had said long ago.

So caught up was Vegeta in learning this custom that he forgot about the sleep gas piping into the ship. Bulma fell limply against him, and he wrapped his arms possessively around her in his lap. He lay his forehead against hers covered in soft blue hair then joined her in hibernation.

"Sleep well, Bulma," he mumbled.