Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ A Museum Trip ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

My thanks to Christine at bulma_the_babe2004@yahoo.com for the ideas used in this part, and for input from reviewers such as Dragon Radar and mistress  


They had checked into the large hotel days before, Vegeta had told her. Now they were finished recovering from their three-day or more trips in suspension. Wind whipped against Vegeta's considerable ki envelope as they rocketed through the Archalisei skies. All around them rose spires, cylinders and pyramidal structures gleaming in the hot blue light of the large blue giant star. A smaller red dwarf cast a lesser degree of radiation as it shuffled across the sky after its partner did. With his arm around Bulma's hips, Vegeta smirked at her childlike exhilaration. Bulma was a speed freak, and he knew it wasn't from the drug by that name.

"How fast are we flying, Vegeta-chan?"

"Enough to rattle their windows, woman," he snickered. "Shake these old idiots out of their complacency. Archalisei is the local center for research and culture study. Namely the cultures that Freiza had purged. Someone convinced him of the value of learning what technology the races possessed… or else he'd not have learned anything much of use…"

"Who was that 'someone'?" asked Bulma.

"One of my forbears," Vegeta replied. "Which is ironic considering the reason we're here…"

"You said that Tangelo knew the treasure was here…" Bulma whispered. Within the ki envelope no air blasted them with the intensity to drown out their voices.

"Yes. He and the other Idsarijins loyal to me were…"

"What do you mean 'loyal to you?'" Bulma demanded.

"Idsarsei was one of the only worlds that put up a resistance to being purged. Few races caught my respect. They have the same ability to change into large species given the right incentive…"

"You mean they turn into huge hairy monsters during a full moon like Saiyans?" asked Bulma.

"Yes… but not during a full moon, but when they are exposed to the right intensity of temperatures. Intense heat, such as that generated by my ki blasts triggers the change. Imagine my surprise when my squad first encountered them. Rather than destroy their world, we made it a pleasure resort. They have the idea of allowing their females to be used as pleasure slaves and servants. That is the choice of some unmated females. There is an entire caste of priestesses and priests that are devoted to sexual gratification of their chief deity Felonious…" Vegeta explained.

"So you did spare one race?" she asked.

"They were the first, and only worthy of the respect of the Prince of Saiyans… and Freiza luckily agreed with my 'mistake'. Dozens of Idsarjin males became warriors under the Saiyan command, while their females were willingly given as bed slaves. It was that or die. Given the chance to fight for life or fuck for their lives, the females chose the latter while the males choose the former…"

"Ugh," Bulma whispered.

"It may seem barbaric to you, woman, but they actually enjoyed pitting themselves against Saiyans. Their first urge is to savagely fight, while sex is their second urge. They delight in sating their appetites in whatever way. It's not uncommon for them to even eat other sentient beings… something that caused revulsion to Freiza's men. However they do not consume races that remotely resemble their own…"

"Eww! Cannibalism?"

"They believe the blood of their foes makes them stronger. I entered into a Saiyan blood bond with their chief elders. In return for sparing them and integrating them into Freiza's empire, they pledged their loyalty to Vejitasei. Any favor I should ask, they will not question my motives…" Vegeta whispered.

"Why only them?" she asked suspiciously.

"Out of all the worlds I purged, they alone caused me to rethink my motives. WE destroyed many of their cities, but they fought and killed many of my elite. They could channel ki in the same way my race could. I was pissed of course till I figured out why… but that's a story for another time. We'll be meeting some of Tangelo's relatives…"

"Ah…okay…" she said. "Will they be red striped like your buddy on the last place we were?"

"Only warriors have the red markings, or females of the royal family," said Vegeta. "Commoners are not so adorned. "While in battle, green and red stripes are put up and down the arm. In the manner of the creature into which they transform…"

"This would get me into several hot nightclubs…" she chuckled.

"I need you to add one more detail to your outfit, woman," he said, cutting down on some speed.

They drifted gently to land on one of the platforms of a tall spire. Air cars and flying belts bore citizens to and fro. Every five minutes someone was either landing or taking off. Vegeta led her by the hand into one of the large glassed entrances.

"A shopping mall!" Bulma gasped with delight.

"I purchased your garments here, yesterday while you were sleeping on your lazy ass," Vegeta grinned. "Now, I can't have nosy losers thinking you're a Chikyuujin…"

"Why not?" Bulma asked. "Unless it's part of your disguise?"

"Stupid question… go paint some of this pigment on your body in the manner of what you saw Tangelo do. It's the mark of Idsarjin 7 royalty… since your fool friend Baldie was mistaken for one, it is well that you will be also…"

"But what about you? Don't the remember you?" Bulma asked, taking the bundle he pushed into her arms. "What's this… if you'd wanted me to wear THIS before you should have asked!"

"Some remember me here, woman…" he said. "But enough… I want to keep any spies guessing… and fortunately for you, blue hair is common amongst Idsarjin females."

"All right, I'm going, you big meanie… but you promised no more slave stuff…"

"Which you remind me every five fucking minutes, you little pain in my royal ass," Vegeta said, spanking her. She squealed and rushed into the equivalent of a restroom while the Prince waited.

Bulma grumbled good naturedly as she shed her first outfit for the one Vegeta had handed her. Tall navy blue boots with high heel came to just above her knees matched a patterned corset, which laced up the front. Chains attached the tops of the boots to the front of the tight pants, which had fastenings that could easily open or close. Much in the fashion of short shorts. Her midriff and navel were exposed, while her breasts were precariously nestled in the laced bodice. Overtop that was a cloak that fastened under one arm, and covered the left shoulder, leaving the right one bare. Her entire back was concealed with the ankle length cloak she could pull around her at will. While it smacked of BDSM, there was enough flesh to promote modesty without looking slutty.

Next came the lateral stripes over her bare arms and the parts of her thighs showing. Red and green paint covered her bare skin in a tiger stripe pattern that continued over her cheeks. Nobody would recognize her as being human in the least.  


An hour later they had landed just outside the main landing complex of a vast series of spires stretching overhead like a Greek temple. Various alien races milled about, dressed in anything from Bok Choi armor to the garments she'd seen Goku wear on Yardrat. As before they all represented species that had served under Frieza. Vegeta pulled on a long blue cloak that covered his armored body. It was the one he'd used to wrap around Bulma in his space pod on the long trip. Most of the inhabitants wore different versions of the 'scouters' to keep in constant communication. At least according to Vegeta.

"The ones, who are the military you obviously have decided," he mumbled, pulling her to walk alongside him. "Now stop being so damn nervous. You're making ME fidget…"

"Excuse the hell me but WHY isn't this damn thing working?" she hissed. A very irritated Bulma punched the buttons on the side of the scouter she wore. Cursing with annoyance she tore it off her face.

Next to her, Vegeta blinked in confusion. "Now what are you bitching about? IT should be set for your Japanese tongue!"

"If these are so all fired great, why aren't YOU wearing one, your Royal…"

"Shh, keep your damn VOICE down," Vegeta hissed, grabbing her arm and jerking her out of the way of several nearby people. Her voice did carry the Saiyan noticed to his horror, and he threw his arm around her to pull her out of the way when someone glanced in his or her direction. At the speed of light she was someplace else because time had suddenly slowed to a dull crawl.

"Whoolf, Vegeta don't do that!" she hissed when he let go of her mouth.

"Kindly SHUT up if you're ever TEMPTED to use my title…" he whispered. "Here I'm simply on a first name basis…. I don't want some nosy interfering losers catching wind of my…"

"Do you or do you not want to be recognized?"

"I heard someone say that name," someone whispered in a hush. "They said Royal Highness…"

"Come on, we've got to get that damn scouter working," Vegeta urged as he grabbed Bulma's arm. Cursing she let him nudge her into the front doors of the museum. They stood in a line for tickets, while Vegeta glanced anxiously back and forth to see if anyone had recognized him.

"I can't believe this damn thing… I should have known it had a warranty… but I thought I fixed it…" Bulma griped. Flipping out a small item she produced a tiny screwdriver from its tip. She pried the side off the scouter as she had hundreds of times before while Vegeta sheepishly reached for the one he had. Although he HATED to admit it, she was right about him standing out if he didn’t wear one.

His fear was that some dolt would catch onto who he really was. Not that he minded most of the inhabitants here knowing, but Bok Choi's men might be lurking about. Some of the Archalisites were loyal to Kumquat, and they had long since heard rumors that Vegeta had survived Namek. Others had kept this a closely guarded secret. Mostly they minded their own business, but he could never be sure. His style of armor was different due to the fact Bulma had engineered it, so he was hardly wearing the familiar armor that Frieza's men had seen him in. But that damn scouter might or might not serve as a reminder.

Growling he slid the blasted thing over his face, and fiddled with some of the buttons. Then he opened the back and pulled something out to toss to Bulma. He didn't need the UVT circuit as much because he had already committed most of the languages to memory including Common Chilla speech, which was what Bok Choi's and the others in Frieza's empire still spoke. "Here, try this…" he said.

"What? Damn… the chip here's burned out…" she grumbled, pulling out a small component. "But that's only an auxiliary here… I could swear that it's unnecessary…"

"Check the UVT circuit THERE," Vegeta finally snorted in disgust. For someone who was a genius, she was overlooking an obvious flaw in the old model 20d scouters that Radditz wore.

"Oh yeah… how could I be so blonde?" she groaned. "Yes it's fried, where am I going to get another…"

"Try this," Vegeta said, taking the scouter from her and fiddling with it. She saw him snap the replacement part into place. Bulma squealed when he took her screwdriver and made a few more adjustments with relative ease. OF course he'd know how to fix a scouter, yet she'd not seen him handle tools with the same competence as she.

"Hey, since WHEN are you good at fixing ANYTHING?" Bulma asked him accusingly.

"It should function adequately now, for an older model," he said. "Although these are considered outdated, they're far more sturdy because they're Saiyan manufacture than those cheap pieces of Friezoid junk on Namek…"

He slid it over her ear while pinching controls on the earpiece. Bulma shivered as she saw the language displayed in Japanese Hiragana and Kanji. "Wait, you also fixed the sensor setting for… but that hadn't been working when I reset it to translate…"

"You knocked out the Battle power sensor, woman, of COURSE you couldn't use it to…"

"Everything looks all crazy… how do I turn off the… oh yeah… that's the switch…" she chuckled, using her eye movements to direct menus. IT all seemed so damn easy, and she shivered at how strangely sinister he looked wearing the one he'd put on. The babble around her turned into a chorus of voices she could comprehend.

"Happy now?" he asked. "Now let's quit waiting around and get into the auction site!"

"Very happy… but pissed. You never TOLD me you could…"

"You never asked, woman," he teased, giving her bottom a squeeze while she flounced off after him.

"You bakka son of a monkey," she complained, catching up with him. Although Vegeta's smirk pissed her off, she admitted she loved how cute he looked with that expression. There was no trace of malice present, only amusement.

He stopped her all of a sudden, with a hand on her shoulder. "Wait, stand over here a minute…"

Bulma saw her display flicker, switching back to Battle Power detection mode. Numbers and auras flitted around people and beings of various intensities. Easily she could tell who was a threat and who was not, but Vegeta pressed yet another switch that stunned her.

"Just what the hell is going on…"

"Shh," he whispered, and then pushed her against the wall. Wrapping his arms around her he aligned his lips to give her a kiss. At the touch of his mouth a bolt of electricity shot through Bulma. Moaning she wreathed her arms around his neck. Vegeta's arms tightened around her while his body leaned her more heavily against the wall. Partly concealed by the pillar, Bulma glimpsed around his mass of spiky hair to see several large readings.

"200 and 1000…" she gasped. Vegeta had drawn attention to some rather high ki's. They wore armor similar to the local Bok Choi guards. Instead of white, they were a dark rust red, but had the Elite features.

"You see them now?" Vegeta whispered in her ear. "Keep close to me… although I loathe public displays I cannot risk them recognizing me…"

"Gee thanks for making me feel wanted…" Bulma pouted.

"It's a more pleasurable way of hiding, ne?" he rumbled, nipping at her ear and cheeks while she kissed his throat.

"Oh definitely, Geta-chan," she purred back. His tail curled around her waist, securing her as his companion.

Using the cover of an amorous couple, Vegeta whispered close to her ear, "See those red armored guards? They're Bok Choi elite. Unlike Saiyan Elite, who have white armor in the same style, Bok Choi's race wears red. Doubtless you noticed when seeing my underlings Radditz and Napa they wore black to denote third class. Brown is regular royal guard, which is common to Bok Choi's, Frieza's and Saiyan. What differs is the colors of the elite. Freiza's elite wore white armor such as I wear now. With luck they'll mistake me for an Idsarjin… and those that know me will stay the hell away…"

"I'm really confused…" Bulma shivered.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you, female, as I promised…" he whispered, then leaned in.

Bulma sensed he wanted to continue the kiss for the dual purpose of pleasure and concealment. Others were hiding behind pillars doing similar acts while they waited for the large doors to open.  


"Sir, Ma'am would you step this way? Both of you look most interested in our operation," one of the Archalisites said as he strode up to them. He loomed overtop them with his imposing two ton bulk. With two massive stubby limbs he indicated the other beings clustering around him.

"Fine, let's just get this over with and see what you've dug up, Professor," Vegeta grunted. His black robe overtop the scarlet tunic must denote his academic rank.

"Excuse me, but are all of you… Archalis University graduates?" Bulma asked.

"Of course, Idsarjin, I am Professor Malachite of the Chilla cultural studies Repository," he nodded. Bulma blinked at Vegeta who was smirking. So that's why he'd insisted on smirching streaks of red paint on her cheeks and the bare parts of her forearms. Just like Tangelo's markings, no doubt. She wondered if the garb she wore was similarly of the same culture.

"What she means is, that she's unaccustomed to scholars that collect old pieces of long dead worlds, instead of learning the sexual arts," said Vegeta smugly.

"We can hardly wait to see what your culture studies have unearthed," Tangerine said as he interrupted the Professor's quizzical look at Vegeta. "I'm Professor Tangerine of the Idsarjin Royal repository…"

"Ah pleased to meet you in person!" Professor Malachite nodded, raising a tentacle for Tangerine, then Ascorbic to bump their foreheads under in greeting.

"My colleague Professor Ascorbic, of the sexual cultural archives… and our mates Navel and Mandarin," Tangerine pointed. Ascorbic jerked his head in direct view of Vegeta and Bulma while the Professor was distracted. Nodding, Vegeta smirked and pulled Bulma back a few steps to allow the two Idsarjin females to block the scholar's view.

"We've learned much about various mating techniques on our studies. You'll be MOST interested in the Orchydsei tour…" said the Professor.

"Then let's go," Ascorbic yowled.

The two Idsarjin 7 females giggled and nudged Bulma as they walked by. Both towered head and shoulders over Vegeta. To her shock Bulma realized one of them had hair the exact same blue as hers, while the other had light lavender hair similar to her father's color. They strode arm in arm with two equally tall males with long black streaks in their silver hair. Red stripes and green were painted over their muscular forearms.

While the females wore outfits similar to style as hers, the males like Tangelo were bare chested except for a long strip running down their front to tuck into their loincloths. Tall boots covered their feet, reaching to mid thigh.

"Are we late for the tour?" the blue haired female asked. Before the translator decoded her tongue, Bulma heard a low snarling yowl like a caterwaul. Sharp canines gleamed behind blood red lips. Although her skin was a golden tan, she was clearly far from human. Her ears were slightly pointed, but obscured by her hair for Bulma to get a good look.

She blinked in shock when they strode into position behind the Professor. "Ah, stragglers…Right this way… may I ask your names."

"You may, but it is not your affair. You're here to guide us, are you not?" the female purred, violet eyes flashing brightly.

"You had best do your job, Archalisite," said her male counterpart, staring the pudgy squid being into the eyes, although he towered over the Idsarjin male by two feet easily.

"Yes sir, my apologies. But if we're done with the awkwardness… I'll have to check everyone's passes… the Orchydsei Exhibition requires special tickets… now if you'll step right this way… I'll check you in… so line up…"

The newest group assembled themselves, pulling pieces of notched plastic out of their bags or belts. The four Idsarjins glided over to where Vegeta and Bulma stood. She shivered in fear momentarily, but Vegeta squeezed her fingers reassuringly to her surprise.

"Figures," the lavender haired Idsarjin whispered as she leaned close to Bulma. "You just get here? I love your hair…"

"Uh we just arrived yesterday," Bulma said, adding a slight purr to her voice.

"As if it's your affair, female," Vegeta said.

"Ohhh, my apologies, your Glory," she whispered, her eyes widening in shock. "I did not recognize you at first, but you've changed much…"

"Restrain yourself Mandarin, he clearly has a female already," said the blue haired one. Both females let go of their mates' arms and clasped Vegeta's gloved hands. They bumped their cheeks along them while both males blocked the Professor's view of the greeting.

"What the…" Bulma asked.

"You sure showed him," the female grinned as she leaned over Bulma and winked. "Quite a specimen you have…"

"Um yeah…" Bulma said. "You've no idea…"

"You look familiar," said the taller of the two males. "Do you know someone named Tangelo?"

"Indeed…"

"You're the Prince of Saiyans, are you not?" he whispered back, urging Vegeta and his three companions to keep up with the group. The Professor motioned for them to enter a large gallery. Glass cases and forcefield walls partitioned the hulking bits of masonry and statues contained. Bulma glanced at the signs erected, relieved that her scouter could translate.

"And you are?" Vegeta snorted.

"Tangerine, and my mate Mandarin. The other male is my brother Ascorbic, and his lifemate Navel. We're all here for the same reason. Just to keep an eye on you and make sure you're successful. They're onto you here… so watch out…" Tangerine said.

"I shall not require a babysitter, but I am most honored by your devotion," Vegeta nodded.

"You're from Idsarsei also, aren't you?" Bulma almost said, before Vegeta pressed a finger to her lips.

Both females giggled and stroked their fingers through Bulma's hair. "You must have missed the latest fashion… monochrome is so yesterday… I know a good silver vendor who could streak your lovely mane…" tittered Mandarin.

"Enough, pet," said Tangerine, pinching her backside.

Vegeta emitted a loud hiss, wrapping his tail around Bulma waist. Tangerine backed away, inclining his head and averting his eyes. "Brother, mind your manners!" Ascorbic growled.

"I had thought that perhaps…" said Tangerine.

"His glory of the Saiyans does NOT share his females, at least not this one," Vegeta hissed. "Now remember your place or else…"

"Accept our apologies," Mandarin said. Still both males and the other female kept their eyes averted from Vegeta.

Like the males, the females wore tall thigh high boots, with red tiger stripes painted across their exposed thighs. A tight bodice laced over round breasts on either female, while long blue hair curled over their sloping shoulders. Violet eyes enhanced with blue specks gleamed in shapely faces with pouting lips. Bulma realized how similar to humans they seemed. Yet the thick body hair on the males and females hidden by the paint seemed far more feral. Their pronounced canines glistened inhumanly when they grinned, almost exactly like Vegeta's did.

"This display's been here for the past 20 revs," Ascorbic said as he leaned over on Vegeta's other side. Bulma squeezed Vegeta's hand tighter when she felt Mandarin squeeze her butt with slender fingers.

"Sorry… my mate wanted to know if you were interested in…" Navel apologized. "The last time his glory's cohorts graced us with his presence, we all shared a large…"

"Orgy?" Bulma asked. She had figured Idsarjins were sexually liberal. At least to outsiders and those considered royalty. Nevertheless she felt a streak of jealousy the way in which both females were accidentally brushing up to Vegeta. He mumbled something as he swatted one on the backside with the same intensity as he had done all those times to Bulma.

"I'm not interested, you silly females…" Vegeta hissed at them. "This is NOT the time or place… although other under circumstances…"

"If you should change your mind, we know how well you're acquainted with our laws," said Navel, giving Bulma a suggestive wink. "And I'm sure YOU well know…"

"Um er… of course…" Bulma said, moving over and pinching Tangerine's backside. He rubbed his shoulder to hers while Vegeta glowered.

"Behave… the Prince doesn't like to SHARE," Mandarin hissed as she glared at the other female. They must be sisters, Bulma guessed. Yet put two more feet on her height and streak her with the red paint and give her fangs and she'd look quite identical. Minus a few other features that were not common to the Brief's family.

"You are welcome to share if you so chose," Navel said to Bulma. "Unless…"

"I'm not supposed to," Bulma blurted out, and Vegeta nodded, grabbing her hand and tugging her after him.

"Business first, pleasure later… I know that your space flight was LONG, but you should all put a lid on it…" Vegeta hissed yet again.

"What was THAT all about?" Bulma whispered.

"A distraction," Vegeta answered, holding her hand more tightly in his.  


"This dumb thing isn't working right," Bulma mumbled as Vegeta handed her a pass. They assembled in one of the multiple tour groups, which formed deep in the heart of the vast central Museum chamber. Their Idsarjin companions blocked any view, seemingly unintentional. Bulma realized it must all be a prearranged plan with the Saiyan Prince, for he hardly seemed surprised.

"I can sense their kis but I'm also seeing some interference from… oh duh that's YOU…"

"You're too much sometimes Woman… one would think that your brain was totally empty when in reality… how can you act like an idiot one moment and brilliant the next?" he snorted.

"You're an even 1000 or more… but I know that's not your true limit… you're masking it… but why not more?""

"That's the usual level for a Bok Choi, ex Frieza elite. Wearing the armor as I am, I need to look the part…"

"But I'm sensing another 200 from just around me…" Bulma blinked. "What the hell…"

"Just recalibrate," Vegeta said, reaching up to slide his gloved finger by her neck, and adjusting. The background clutter vanished so she could see past his ki and focus on the others. Suspicion filled her mind, and she wondered what he was trying to conceal. That other ki could only be coming from her! At the most she'd ever recalibrated for herself was a puny 5 or 10.

"Now wait a minute, Geta-chan, what the hell are you hiding?"

"I thank you not to use such an absurd bastardization of my name," he grumbled.

"You keep calling me woman, so why the hell not?" she snorted. "Besides you were the one that didn't want people to recognize you! Make up your mind… and while you're at it, why the hell do I have a battle power of 200?"

"Ggggh, fine I'll tell you," he snorted. "Doubtless I don't want someone thinking you're as weak as you are, and using you against me… by kidnapping you…"

"Excuse me?"

"How could it escape you that I fed a large amount of my personal energy into you last night? Are you THAT stupid?" he shook his head.

"That's how Saiyans 'cum' isn't it?" Bulma chuckled.

"This is embarrassing," he fumed. "But that doesn't just go away. Saiyans share their personal ki when they're mating… and since you don't have much to spare, naturally I was generous enough to lend you some of mine…"

"So that means WHAT exactly?"

"I've marked you with my personal ki, you bakka female, that's what," Vegeta slapped his forehead. "I don't get how every other statement out of your mouth is so idiotic!"

"Oh… that's why… ohh Geta-chan that's so sweet of you!" she squealed to his horror. Mortified he felt her leap into his arms and kiss him hard. While it was his idea to play an amorous couple to explain why they were hiding from view, this was far more than he wanted to show outside a bedchamber.

"Woman, are you mad?" Vegeta gasped eyes wide with shock. What made things even more awkward was his body's response to hers. Not to mention that his natural senses detected some disturbingly familiar kis approaching. Sighing with resignation, Vegeta let his woman deepen her passionate kiss. They had to maneuver to keep the scouters out of the way, so Vegeta pulled hers off and clipped it to her belt while he shifted his grip. Bulma's legs turned to jelly, and he boosted her up so his hands supported her around her bottom.

He hoped that those spies would leave soon or he might throw her down and take her there. Bulma surfaced for air, and lay her head on his shoulder gasping for breath while Vegeta struggled to control his body again. He set her down on her feet while he gripped and centered his hormones. "Are they gone?" Bulma asked.

"Yes… and not a moment too soon," he panted. "Follow me… this way… they'll not bother us or tag us because of my retinue…"

"I thought this was an auction house," Bulma said, while he clasped her hand. Occasionally Mandarin would nudge her mate and nod while he whispered something back. They behaved themselves much more appropriately in the presence of the multiple groups peeling off from the pool of patrons under the main dome.

"It's part of both. Some of the artifacts brought here are displayed for citizens of the empire… while others are sold to the highest bidder to generate revenue. Others are donated. The same practice happens on your world when one empire conquers another, does it not?" Vegeta sniffed.

"Yes but not for a long time…" Bulma protested. Annoyed, she gave his hand a painfully tight squeeze.

"That's going to hurt me far less than it is you," he chuckled. "Remember my bones are 10 times as dense as…"

"Including your skull, Geta-chan," she retorted.

"Whatever, now let's join this tour group… and see what they've recovered from Vejitasei…" he grunted.

"Step right this way to tour the latest acquisitions from the Orchydsei system… we've got quite a few artifacts and this is the jewel of them now… for a limited time…" said a tour guide to their right. He raised a tentacle with a rolled umbrella of all things to motion a group over. He wore a purple tunic with the Archalisite logo of two interfolded scrolls across the back and sides.

"That's an Archalisite," Vegeta indicated.

"Gee, I hardly knew that unless you told me… he looks just like that kook my dad knows from college… the one who was the history professor…" Bulma giggled. The octopoid face rested atop a scaly body, which remotely resembled an elephant in bulk. Each tentacle curled around his neck, carrying brochures and various other relics when not folded. Other similar beings shuffled about with tour groups, while others moved back and forth from the various hallways pushing antigrav cargo containers.

"Museum wares being carried off to auction," Vegeta nodded lips near Bulma's ear.

"I'm not going to ask you how you know… but you're going to tell me anyway, right?" Bulma said.

"Saiyans donated much of their plundered resources to Frieza. He would send them here to places like Archalisei to be studied for possible uses. Some of the brightest Saiyan scholars were educated here for centuries… but when Frieza took control… we were channeled into other more practical uses…" he said with distaste.

"Ugh," Bulma shivered. Vegeta wiped the expression off his face, replacing it with his customary scowl.

"AHEM!" the Professor coughed. "If you'll contain your exuberance, you're looking at our prize collection, from which we'll be selling a variety of choice items…"

"Come on, move it!" An impatient family snarled shoving Tangerine and his mate from behind.

"Just calm down, will you?" Mandarin hissed back.

"Relax… no fighting amongst the museum patrons! Or I'll ask you to leave!" the Professor trumpeted. "Now. We're seeing pieces of the main metropolis gathered just after the great calamity that destroyed this grand civilization…"  


Midway through the tour, Bulma noticed as they walked along that Vegeta was extremely silent. Tangerine, Mandarin and the other two Idsarjins shook their heads, exchanging whispers. Other guests gaped at the massive stone pillars and jagged hunks of steel laced with ceramics. Some resembled support columns while others were stone sculptures of huge savage toothed apes. Other more diminutive figures were carved into friezes and painted along smoldered walls. With horror Bulma realized they were pieces of old buildings that had drifted in space for a long time.

Some of the pieces of building had been reassembled into tall towering arches. They walked under a high portal supported by two gorilla beings by their hands. Long tails curled around their bodies, while their massive muzzles were open to reveal sharp teeth. Bulma shivered in realization that they were identical to Goku when he was in his Oorzu form.

"Two civilizations existed on this long dead world. But the stronger race conquered the weaker yet more technically advanced one… and led rise to the comforts we enjoy today under the Empire," said the Professor.

"Yes we all know about the Tuffles, but what became of them?" asked irritating young being that resembled a cross between a dog and an alligator.

"They were conquered naturally by the more savage and powerful race that dwelled in the wastelands. The Saiyan race…" said the Professor.

"Vejitasei?" Bulma choked when she saw the banner. "But…"

"Exactly," Vegeta snorted, forming a fist with his free hand. "My world…"

"Kame…" she shivered. "But…"

"Be quiet," Vegeta told her flatly. She shuddered as their tour continued past other large reconstructed dwellings. For yards the assembled buildings and statuary wound. Other reconstructed items included more statues of the Oorzu form atop what appeared to be altars on which sacrifices could be placed. Thick angular and geometric script that resembled the symbols she first saw on Radditz's scouter were scrawled all over some of the artworks and walls.

Saiyan architecture was massive, stark and functional. Lines and sharp angles jutted out in the general design, composed of blue hued metal. When they came to another part of the display, Vegeta had folded his arms across his chest and started to smile with amusement. Various bits of armor shattered, along with weaponry and what appeared to be older versions of spacecraft were housed here.

"From nearly 1000 years ago," Vegeta whispered.

"Why don't they ahem… notice you?"

"The fools forgot what a true Saiyan looks like, that's why," Vegeta whispered. "Outsiders were not permitted on Vejitasei, remember? Few knew our true culture, and from these scraps and useless fragments they're putting together quite an interesting fiction…"

"But you know better," Bulma whispered. Vegeta grimly nodded.

"I shall give you all time to disperse and look for yourselves. These are parts of the Royal City, and the Palace complex itself. If you use your imagination you can almost hear the angry battle cries of the perishing warriors, as they were unwittingly sent to the next dimension in an unfortunate meteoric blast…" the Professor droned on. "

"Give me a break," Mandarin whispered.

"Losers and idiots. They have no fucking clue of what they're talking about. IF I wasn't so disgusted I'd be laughing out loud," Vegeta shook his head.

"What's the plan?"

"Start looking for whatever Tangelo has instructed. And call back to me on frequency 123 when you see it…" Vegeta said. "When is the auction?"

"In another half day… this is just the preliminary. They've far more material than this, don't they?" Tangerine said.

"I saw them loading a lot of other stuff into the rear of the museum, while other pieces were taking onto Bok Choi's ship two days ago," reported Navel.

"Didn't my cousin warn you it wouldn't be pretty?" asked Tangerine.

"I had some freaking clue, but this…" Vegeta snorted. "They’ve got the translations all wrong the fools…"

"Then we'd better hurry," said Tangerine. Vegeta nodded grimly, and pulled Bulma firmly by the hand in another direction.  


"I'm sorry Vegeta…" Bulma whispered.

"Why are you apologizing, you fool, it's getting annoying," Vegeta scolded.

"This is part of your home… your world… you must be pissed beyond belief…"

"I'm saving everything for Bok Choi when I destroy him for making a mockery of what remains of mine," Vegeta said quietly. "But this is just the bones of what exists…"

"You exist, Vegeta…" Bulma said. "You carry the name of your planet… I always thought that was weird…"

"The Royal family IS Vejitasei, woman," said the Prince. "Our blood as long as it survives… we need no rock to claim who we are…"

"IS that why you didn't want to…" she asked. Vegeta nodded, glancing away from her. He nudged her towards a series of names scrawled in much the same manner as the List of Kings in an Egyptian temple.

"You have something similar in your history. Ancient Egypt. Where nobody recalled the language because none spoke it aloud. And you had your wall of Kings…" said Vegeta.

"And this is your family tree?" she asked, indicating where he stood. The large tapestry was faded and torn, bordered in royal blue. Dark hues of midnight were worked in, and at each corner was an Oorzu. Figures were depicted, not in their humanoid shape but as their massive transformed selves in profile. Across the breastplate of each was inscribed a name.

"I thought all the Kings had the same name…"

"That was the name that was known to the culture publicly. Each Prince was named Vegeta as I am… for ten or twelve generations. But when he became King, he was given another name in addition…" he said, and pointed to the various lists. "From father to son stretching back, wall scrolls like this one told the lineage…"

"Of course I don't see females…"

"They are listed here… on the sides…" he pointed. Only the Oorzu form designated the male kings and princes. Other smaller names around the feet and curled tail denoted offshoots that Vegeta said were the Barons, Counts, Dukes, and Lords.

"Eventually only Royals gave birth naturally to their children. Then when the sickness struck that caused females to die during birth, we perfected the technique of removing the developing brats and growing them in large invitro tanks three months after induced birth…" Vegeta explained. "It was hypothesized that the longer the baby remained inside its host mother, the more ki it would drain from her body, thus killing her."

"That's nuts!" Bulma shuddered.

"Our scientists determined it was a genetically engineered virus, made by an unknown source. Targeting females specifically. During the last days of my world, the strongest females were gathered as Concubines. Seeing how impractical this was, my great grandfather insisted on creating a Race Bank to preserve the best genes of my people. Prime bits of DNA were imbedded in the Royal line, hoping to create a stronger breed. It worked and the result is what you see before you. Unfortunately the virus adapted and only by sending children offworld to purge did we see a drop in mortality due to birth. We did all we could to preserve our kind, even resorting to in vitro fertilization of our third class after the mating bond… but it was all for naught…"

"Oh Kame…"

"The strong survived… and then Frieza came and took me and a number of young prime Elite for a special force. I was the first choice, along with 20 others. 5 were royal. But only two females were among them. By that time, there were ten males for every Saiyan female… and they were close to being wiped out…"

"I had no idea… but why are you telling me this?" she asked.

"Because you need to know, if you're to understand who I am, and learn not to question through your prejudiced weakling earth mindsets," said Vegeta quietly, staring at the list of the house of Vejitasei.

"What will you do with the Bank when you get it?" she asked as quietly as she could.

"Use it to find a way to bring my race back. I could clone the best members of my race and create anew… but that takes far more resources and time than I wish to exude. Plus it would draw attention to me… only if I find a suitable world can I even begin to rebuild. And there is also the belief that only the strong should survive, and the precedence and privilege goes to the Prince to be the new progenitor…"

"You could clone a female Saiyan mate then?" she asked.

"I want no genetic copy, but a strong host," Vegeta explained. "There is no substitute for the natural combination of shuffling that would cause a Saiyan to survive. Only by the true mating bond can a suitable heir be strong enough to bear my name…"

"Faced with mating with a Non Saiyan, and cloning one, you pick…"

"Yes, woman," Vegeta said, drawing her to his side. "I'm not fucking a test tube, or a carbon generated brood mare…"

"What about the Idsarjins?"

"They are the possible way to survive, for they may be willing to have Saiyan genes mixed into their biology so that in some way my Saiyan heritage survives. They have the necessary arrogance and savagery that matches my people. But they must all consent to such a thing… for their own culture has its pride…" said Vegeta.

"That's nuts!" she shivered.

"They are willing, but I don't wish anyone to know until I gather the Race Bank and see if it's intact. Then I shall…"

"Vegeta… what's wrong…" she asked as he stopped.

"Woman, we'd better leave," said Vegeta as he curled his arm around her waist and pushed her toward the door. "The history lesson can wait! I sense an old enemy…"

***