Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Clarification and Admission ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

   


Vegeta blinked awake, and rubbed her back. "Get dressed and get a shower woman. We've got work to do. And thanks to you I'm going to need a second breakfast…"

"Good morning to you too, cranky bastard…" she mumbled.

"Do not be so short with me. What we have done was most enjoyable," Vegeta said, grabbing her shoulder as she rolled off him. "I look forwards to doing it once more."

"You did?" she asked. "Sure could have fooled me."

"Just know that there are appropriate and inappropriate times for such… entertainment. And I won't have you thinking that you can somehow demand it if I am unwilling, woman," Vegeta said sharply.

"What does it mean?" she asked shyly, wrapping a sheet around her. He got up out of the bed, and threw a robe to her.

"It means that you have pleased me well. And that we should not speak of this around others, for it's none of their affair. And you will NOT do this with anyone else, got it?"

"Uh… of COURSE not, you jerk! I'm NOT a whore!"

"You have best be sure you are not," he snorted, pulling on a robe of his own. "Because if another male touches you for this use, I'll instantly kill him."

"What am I do you? A servant, or a friend, or bed slave?" she sniffled.

"You serve me, woman. And I will protect you if you continue to do so. I don't offer this protection lightly, so don't make me think you're ungrateful…" Vegeta said sharply.

"Didn't it MEAN anything to you… or was it just… another roll in the hay?"

"You are now a royal concubine as well as my servant," Vegeta harrumphed. "Be glad that you've found another means to amuse me. That is ALL I'll say on this manner. You're still going to help me find a mate, understood…"

"Clearly," she sighed deeply. "So… you will want this again…"

"What do you think you fool. Now enough of this. I've got a busy schedule and we've wasted enough time on amusement…"

"So you did like it," she said.

"Yes, but if you tell anyone…" Vegeta growled, grasping her hip tightly. "You serve ME and none other, got it?"

"I told you I don't do this to anyone else…" she shot back.  


 

"Mmm," Vegeta shook his head as she stomped out of the room. He could tell she was struggling to get used to her change in status. What more could that woman want? Unless he was going to take the step that he dreaded. She should be glad to serve him in such a manner because concubines were treated the best on Vejitasei. Two others had that honor. There was no way he'd consider offering the privilege of being a mate till he knew she or any other possibility had a chance of withstanding the ki necessary to carry a Saiyan to full term. Kakkarot's wench had been strong having been a fighter, but this woman was physically more fragile.

 

"I've no time to think of this now," he mumbled, grabbing his armor. Snorting he dressed and waited for the woman to exit. In the meantime he crossed over to a small panel with buttons and a hatch. Punching buttons he sent his order to the food preparation unit some hundreds of yards away. Within a minute the hatch slid open to reveal the first of multiple entrees. Freshly prepared real food just the way he liked it. Soon he would take the woman and go to retrieve what was rightfully his. Unless he found the race banks here, he would have another frustrating chase on the quest.

   


Twenty minutes passed, and there was no sign of the woman. Vegeta had just finished his breakfast, when he glanced at the time. He wondered why the water had stopped running. Something felt empty and strange in the pit of his stomach. Emotions not his were slowly leaking, and Vegeta shook his head to think of why he was feeling this emptiness twisting his stomach.

"Woman?" he called out. There was no answer. He heard a thump, and leapt up to see what it was.

"Are you in there? We've got to go!" Vegeta called louder. A soft sniffling noise reached his sensitive ears. Frustrated, he marched over to the bathroom door to knock loudly on it. When there was no answer Vegeta pressed his ear to the flat surface. At first he thought the woman was just being her usual annoying self after his 'command', but something nagged in his brain. By now she would have screamed back with some witty repartee.

"Are you all right, what's taking you so long?" Vegeta shouted, rapping again.

"Just leave me alone," Bulma whimpered. Because it was such a feeble reply, he wondered if he'd been meant to hear it or not.

Vegeta slid open the door, and was immediately hit full in the face with steam. Curled up on the floor tile lay Bulma, sobbing her eyes out as she wrapped herself in a towel. She hadn't even dried her hair yet, to his alarm. Although his first inclination was to berate her, something caught in his throat. She looked so pathetic and forlorn there that he wondered if he'd done her a great disservice having sex with her.

"Woman… what's going on," he mumbled, moving over to crouch by her. "Are you sick… why didn't you…"

"What do you fucking care," she sniffled, pushing his gloved hand away. "Just as long as you got your satisfaction from me… and I do what you say…"

"Satisfaction?" he asked. "What is this all about?"

"You wouldn't understand, because you don't need feelings. So just don't ask me… I'll be ready in a minute…"

"You're lying, woman," Vegeta said quietly.

"What does it matter?" she sobbed, hugging herself tightly.

"Bulma… what's going on?" he asked, although he could almost guess the answer. Why should he worry about how she felt? IT wasn't as if he'd done something awful. Images of their encounter flashed together in his brain, and he suddenly scratched his head. She'd been so skittish about the whole issue of rape. Yet he'd had sex with her in a most pleasing fashion. This was not at all how he expected the woman to react, considering her spirit and fire. By now the bottles would be flying or she'd be screaming at him to get away.

"Just go away Vegeta… I'll be ready in a minute," she sniffled. "Don't… please don't…"

"Don't what, woman?" Vegeta asked, perplexed beyond words. "Is that not what you wished? To show me how humans perform so you could learn Saiyan habits?"

"I feel used," she whispered. "But that's what you wanted all along, just something as a means to an end… you got what you wanted, you son of a bitch…"

"That was NOT my intention…" Vegeta spluttered. "You offered of your own free will, remember?

"You wouldn't understand Vegeta, you're used to getting whatever you want… so why should you care if I have feelings or not?"

Vegeta snorted in frustration. Just why he was bothering to squat here and listen to her drivel was beyond him, but he was genuinely puzzled. Human emotions meant little, but because the woman was of great interest, he found himself angry that he'd possibly missed some clue to what her intent was. "Does it have anything to do with thinking that I was going to rape you? I don't understand WHY you recoiled from me one moment, and then consented to mating the next. If you did not wish…"

"I thought you could tell if I was lying or telling the truth," Bulma said. "I felt that if I didn't give you what you wanted… you'd abandon me. And you proved me right by saying that I was your 'royal concubine' and servant. What am I supposed to think…"

"Someone had ill used you in the past for sex, did they not?"

"What difference would it make to someone who wanted love slaves? Who has his pick of any woman just to pass on his…" she shouted.

"I don't the hell know why, woman," Vegeta confessed, sitting cross-legged next to her on the floor. He touched her shoulders and she flinched. Untill he pulled her head and shoulders over his knee. Bulma sobbed into his lap, and Vegeta blinked in confusion because this was beyond his comprehension. The entire logic escaped him. Time was running and he had a mission, yet he hated this sudden enigma and wanted an answer.

"You have what you wanted," she murmured.

"This was not what I wanted," Vegeta swallowed, then cleared his throat. "Not to see you reduced to this pathetic state on the floor. My instincts tell me that you did not properly enjoy what we shared… not to the fullest extent that I believed you did… there's something you're hiding from me, and I want to know what it is… because it's driving me insane."

"There's always something that's not good enough. I'm good enough to fuck, but not good enough to… every time I get close to someone in this way they're a major asshole. I should know better than to even think that you could…"

"Who violated you, and threw you away, woman? Are you afraid I’m going to throw you away because you're not worthy of…" Vegeta asked, lowering his head. Of course, it made sense now. Although he'd taken his pleasure, in his deepest instincts he'd sensed the woman was holding back from letting herself fully embrace the pleasure he'd given her. To be a concubine to the Prince was a great honor, for they were well treated, and well pleasured in return for what they freely consented to give.

"Isn't that how you are, Vegeta?" she whispered. "Frieza used you to get what he wanted. All you know about is ruling and subjugating. So I gave you what you wanted… and now that you've got it, you'll want nothing more…"

"Who put such damn fool notions into your head?" Vegeta asked. "A royal concubine is not a whore, woman. To serve the Prince and royal family is a gift of honor. I'm not going to throw you away like some cheap piece of trash… I'm not good at saying such soft and weak things… but I know that I hate seeing you place yourself so low… when you should not be…"

"What?" Bulma stammered. "I don't understand…"

"I mated you because I wanted to find out why you're always trying to touch me in the manner that suggests you desire sex. Just when I thought that you wished to have such a relationship with me, I see you abasing yourself. Don't you see you silly female that there is no other that I desire now? No other I could remotely stand nor wish to remain in my presence such as you are now?"

"But you said that I’m yours… that I can't be with anyone else, and then you treat me like I'm some property you can trade or sell! I'm not a fucking slave, and I'm not a fucking servant! I came on this goddamn trip cause I wanted to help you, to be with you, you bakayarou!" Bulma screamed. Angrily she shoved away and sent her fist cracking into his jaw.

Rubbing his face Vegeta blinked, seeing her eyes flash with the fire he was afraid he'd extinguished. "Nobody should violate you and throw you away, Bulma. You are worth far more than that. I would not have even considered allowing myself to do this if I had known you'd not understand," Vegeta grunted. Bulma held her fist, shaking in rage and pain.

"You don't use my name Vegeta… except now? What am I supposed to think? You've never had someone make you feel used did you?"

"Frieza did," Vegeta said angrily. "You can't dare say I have no comprehension, Bulma. And now I see that you too think yourself a victim. That if you didn't give in and mate with me I'd somehow hurt or kill or torture you. Nothing could be further from the truth…"

"What makes me different?"

"Because… I… well… I can't believe I’m SAYING this… you're the only being I've ever liked…" Vegeta spat out, turning his head to the side in extreme distaste for saying words he had not used his entire life. "And you are not to be discarded and ridiculed as a victim, but as someone I have become…accustomed to… the only alternative that I could offer was concubine… because I don't know if you're strong enough to…"

"Strong enough to WHAT Vegeta?" she asked.

"Strong enough… you're not a fighter like Kakkarot's loud mouthed mate is. I have no fucking clue how children are gestated on your world, but I'm a Saiyan… and I could destroy you if I… aggh," he cursed, pushing his way to his feet and storming out of the room.

"If you what?" she demanded, rushing after him. "If you… lowered yourself to even CONSIDER me on your fucking level? Damn I hate you!"


Vegeta felt her arms grasp his, and he stood rigid as her fingers tightened. Unable to look her in the face he breathed deeply, reeling with the frustration of fighting to find words to express a whole tangle of uncomfortable emotions he did not think himself capable of sensing. He was drowning in them because they were partly his, and partly hers. "I don't want you dead woman. I have enough blood on my hands. If I even TRIED… you're so fragile… even if you have the requisite soul…"

"Vegeta, I didn't have to come. You didn't HAVE to sleep with me. I just want you to know that I won't be treated like shit!"

"Good, because I refuse to accept you would. You misunderstand what I offered you. The chance to see… on my world the females were all herded as concubines because they were a precious resource. Only when a female can bear my offspring can I offer her… and if you were destroyed…"

"Look at me, will you?" she demanded. "You stupid spoiled brat son of a monkey! Turn around and look me in the face and spit it out already! I care about you, you stupid baka! That's what! And I almost think that I… but you wouldn't understand… you can't possibly can you?"

Vegeta turned to face her, with an expression between anger, frustration and shock. "That's the problem, woman. I cannot… If I truly tried to mate you, to produce an heir woman, it might destroy you… I know that Kakkarot sired that brat Gohan… and his wife is alive and well unfortunately… but you were never trained to fight as she did… if you died with me trying to…"

"Wait a minute, you'd actually…" she gasped. "Then you do… want me as much as I do… you care about me… but you're just too fucking proud and stubborn to admit it! Because you're the Prince and I'm just a stupid weak earth girl who you like to fuck but never would…"

"Yes," Vegeta said sheepishly. "I'm not a sentimental baka that showers a female with fucking hearts and flowers. I don't like feelings and things I can't comprehend. But you… I… like… and I don't wish to be rid of you at any time. Because I require you… not as a servant but as… like you were going to be with that baka ex of yours… without the mushy…"

"Then you did want to be with me because you wanted to mate me?" she asked. "But your Saiyan customs have this weird thing that you just made me… right?"

Vegeta grunted in the affirmative, and stared at her. "I don't want your hatred woman." He finally said.

"Good, because I couldn't ever hate you, you bastard," she sniffled. "Not when you make me feel things nobody else ever have or will. I want to BE with you… not as your slave or servant but as your equal."

"Then perhaps you should tell me how that is done," Vegeta said. "Because if you are the one I choose… perhaps the term 'going steady' is much more appropriate than servant or concubine?"

"Do you really mean that, Vegeta?" Bulma asked, sliding her arms around his waist.

"I refuse to be called your 'boy friend' because I am not a boy," Vegeta snarled in distate. "I suppose I must do with 'significant other' or… the other thing you call someone you're involved with in this fashion…"

"Because if you don't I'm going to be SERIOUSLY pissed," Bulma panted, sliding her hands down his back. Vegeta's hands slid over her hips to pull her close to his body.

"I give you my word, as a Prince, and as… your partner in this endeavor," Vegeta said, with a slow incline of his head. "But this stays between us, woman. There are still some things you cannot change…"

He slid his hands clumsily up to her cheeks. Bulma leaned up to kiss him as he angled his head to one side. This time he did not flinch or pull away, and she deepened it. Drawing back she gave him a watery-eyed smile. "See, you're improving already…"

"Hmh…" he flushed, and then leaned over to nip her ear lightly. One gloved hand slid down to encircle her waist, as his tail slowly unwrapped itself and moved from side to side, then curled around her calf. His other hand picked through her long blue hair with slow grooming motions that she found all too strange and yet knew the impications of.


"So, by partner you don't mean servant?" she asked, pressing her lips to his neck.

"I suppose not, woman…" he snorted. "Damn you enjoy having the last word don't you?"

"Better get USED to it, bud… cause you were the one giving me crap about not abasing myself… remember?"

"And you shouldn't, woman," he said firmly, black eyes gleaming right into hers. "Not while I'm around to remind you… but there are SOME things that you cannot change…"

"Like your stuck up attitude?"

"Hn," he nodded.

She chuckled, "Okay, then let's find this thing already!"

"We've only got an hour to get there before the auction starts," he said. "I suggest you make do with the garments I've secured…"

"Ooh you got me clothes?" she squealed, and rushed over to see what was in the closet. Holding out several possible ensembles she saw they ranged from gowns to pragmatic pantsuits and even replicas of blue jeans and coveralls.

"How fast can you fly?" she asked, quickly dressing in front of him. He blushed profusely and averted his gaze. Turning around he faced the wall. She selected a light turquoise bodysuit, shimmying into it. Overtop she slid a gauzy sheath dress, and then comfortable boots and her ever present tool kit. Vegeta threw her something, and she quickly caught it to see that it was Radditz' old scouter.

"You'll be needing this, because I won't have you ordering in a restaurant where you cannot comprehend the menu," Vegeta smirked. "And the answer to your first question is, do you really wish to know?"

"Absolutely, you royal pain in my ass," she shot back. "Now lets' go!"

Vegeta turned and saw that she was appropriately attired. Striding over to her he grasped her up in his arms. Bulma gasped when the large flat window overlooking the city slid open, and wind whipped her long blue hair. "How tightly can you hold on?" he asked, leaping out with her clinging to him.

"YAIIIE! Let's go!"

Vegeta's bluish white ki enveloped them, and she shot forwards rapidly. Speed gradually increased, as he extended the range of his envelope to enclose them both. She couldn't feel the wind whipping against her, but she could hear sounds blurring with the landscape underneath them into streaks of light and dark.

"Oh, and next time you give me that crap about being a servant or a slave…"

"Your punch is more than adequate, but your fighting needs much work," Vegeta answered. "I suppose I shall see that you're appropriately trained so you won't break your wrist next time… you may well yet be able to kick Kakkarot's mate's ass next time she pisses me off when I'm done with you…"

Bulma's mouth dropped open, and she realized the implications. If she were trained enough to fight, and perhaps grow in physical strength… But first things first. Vegeta had exuded a vast amount of ki into her body, and she tingled all over with what seemed to pass over her now.