Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Arrival of Future Trunks ( Chapter 38 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Lost and found

Conclusion

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama and Toei animation co do. This is a work of fan fiction. I don't get paid for this, and this means no harm to the series!

***

Bulma's knuckles turned white as she clung to Goku's back. Like an insane surfer he used his body angle to guide Nimbus through the sky at breakneck speed. A long gold tail streaked out after him when he gunned his enchanted cloud to the same velocity as Vegeta. Just ahead Bulma spotted a blue white comet flaring at the altitude of a jet.

"Kuso, Sun-kun he's not slowing down!" Bulma yelped in his ear.

"Hang on, I'll catch him..." Goku vowed. "I swear I won't let him screw this up... you've gone through too much to have this blow up now..."

"Son-kun, why are you so stuck on getting us together?"

"You know why. That kid from the future..."

"Vegeta must hate me..."

"No I don't think he does. I think he's more pissed at himself and at me..."

"But he can't stand you anyway!" she yelled.

"Well maybe, but he figured I always told the truth. And I wasn't LYING... I was just keeping a promise to someone else!" said Goku. "The thing that stinks is that the kid told me that you and Vegeta were a passion kind of thing..."

"Oh no. You mean... we didn't stay together after Trunks was..."

"I don't want that to happen in our dimension," Goku nodded sternly. "Now, close your eyes cause we're almost there..."

"Where's he GOING?"

"I think he's going back to that ship you said he had."

"He can't LEAVE!" Bulma cried.

"I won't let him," Goku said. "HEY! VEGETA!!! Where do you think you're going? Are you running away? Is THAT it?"

***

"How DARE he," Vegeta thought in fury as Goku's thoughts echoed loudly in his mind. "Get OUT of my head Kakkarot! Before I vaporize you sky high, androids or not!"

"Bulma's heart broken you jerk! You have to slow down and work this out!" Goku's thoughts echoed. "I won't stop chasing you till you two..."

"You've done ENOUGH damage, Kakkarot! I should kill you for this!"

"Why? I promised your son that I wouldn't endanger this! I made a PROMISE!" Goku's thoughts continued.

"Leave me ALONE Kakkarot! I'm not going to tell you again... or else you and me will finish it here and now!" Vegeta threatened.

"So be it, if it gets your attention!" Goku said, twisting his dark brows in a frown. Bulma couldn't sense the mental conversation, but she knew from the expressions on his face that Goku was laying down the law. She struggled to reach Vegeta through the rapport, only to find that he had closed his mind of from her.

"Oh no, please don't!" she sniffled, feeling the emptiness and it was terrifying. Did he hate her so much?

"Bulma... I'm going to put you down... and I'll bring Vegeta back kicking and screaming if I have to," Goku promised, touching down long enough to put Bulma on a mountaintop.

"HEY! Don't leave me Son-kun! HEY!" Bulma screamed up at him, shaking her fist. Furious, she stamped her feet and hurled small pebbles into the air with rage.

"No, he CAN'T leave me! I can't let this happen!" she swore, patting her pockets for any capsules that could help her. Unfortunately she found none. Wind whipped over the lonely mountain and she collapsed to her knees, sobbing as she hugged herself.

"No, please don't... don't leave me alone!" she sobbed, tearing at the grass with her fingers.

***

She wasn't aware of something flashing overhead. A loud crackle of thunder sounded with a nearly blinding radiance. Slowly she opened her eyes and saw a dark shape pass over the sun. It hovered, almost impossible for her to make out before it touched down in the trees yards away. Frightened, Bulma made her way down the mountainside towards it. A familiar presence shimmered in the mental bond.

It wasn't Vegeta, but it was someone else. Bulma sobbed into her hands as she tripped and landed headlong in the woods. A spike of sharp pain erupted in her ankle, and her legs swept out from under her. Ground bashed into her cheek, while she put her hands out to arrest her fall. Her tender palms stung with abraded skin. For a ways she rolled over and over, then came to rest by a large tree.

Curled into a fetal position, she let herself cry out all the pent up frustration of her ordeal. Since there was nobody around for miles she didn't care anymore who could hear.

Footsteps vibrated the ground, coming closer. Trees and branches rustled, and there came a sound like someone slashing through the dense foliage. Bulma had blundered into the thick of the woods chasing whatever craft had landed, only to twist her ankle. Now she simply lie there, not wanting to move. Just under her body, the ground vibrated with pulses that grew in regularity. Branches crackled even more, and she heard a low snarling noise.

"Kuso... what the..." she gasped, sensing something just before it crashed through the trees. Bulma backed away as a medium sized dinosaur crashed into view. A loud roar resounded, paralyzing her when she saw its yellow eyes fix her in its stare.

"NO!" someone yelled. A flash of purple and blue cut through between them. Bulma screamed at the top of her lungs as the dinosaur fell to pieces from the swishing blue cuts of fire. Something was familiar about the phenomenon, and she wondered just who or what had saved her before she fainted dead away.

When she next came around, she felt someone carrying her gently in his or her arms. For a moment she thought it was Vegeta come to rescue her. Bulma snuggled into a male chest and gave herself up to the sorrow filling her. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." she whimpered.

"It's okay... you're gonna be okay," a raspy voice promised. Bulma blinked, seeing she was flying through the air.

"What the..." she gasped. "Vegeta?"

"Easy now, you almost were lunch for a dino... what are you doing here all alone in the woods? Don't you know it's dangerous?" the unfamiliar voice asked. Bulma blinked up into her rescuer's face, and almost screamed in shock.

Purple hair flickered askew of his face. His skin was halfway between her hue and Vegeta's. Azure eyes the identical shade to hers but the same shape as Vegeta's glanced down at her in fear and concern, and love. "Are you all right? What happened? Why are you out in the middle of..."

"AAHHHH!" she screamed. "What are YOU doing here?"

"Please, be quiet! I can't concentrate!" he yelped, squeezing her tightly to himself. He dropped down into a clearing, struggling to hold his flight as he dropped to one knee. Carefully he put her down in the soft moss under a great tree.

"Trunks? What the HELL are you doing... is this a dream?" she gasped.

"I'm no dream... I'm real. But I'm back too early!" he cursed, glancing down at her. Gently he reached a hand to touch her belly, then hesitated.

"Trunks... it IS you! Oh thank Kami!" she sobbed, pushing up and throwing herself into his arms. Weeping, she clung to him.

"Hey it's okay... I'm here... shhh..." he urged, hugging her closely. Bulma let her emotions flow as she clung to the teenager who was only a year or so older than she was when she had first met Goku. His frame trembled, as his hands patted her back. Slowly Trunks rocked her, shushing her like he remembered her doing.

"He hates me, he hates me!" she sobbed bitterly.

"No he doesn't... I promise I'll make it okay... I won't let you be alone... no matter what," Trunks said, voice breaking.

"Kami... what's going on... I didn't think..."

"I came back to help fight the androids, but I'm three months early..." Trunks explained as she quieted enough. Reaching out she stroked his cheek and cupped his face in her hands to look at him affectionately.

"You're so handsome. You look so much like my dad... when he was young... at least I know what you're going to turn out like..." she stammered.

"You know," he asked.

"Of course I do! You're my son... and I'm so damn glad to see you right now you have no idea!" she sniffled.

"Aww c'mon Mom... this is embarrassing," he stammered, as she hugged him tightly again. He rubbed her back with his young fingers and then separated from her again, unsure and searching with blue eyes.

"I'm sorry... I'm just not used to this... jeez... seeing you here..."

"Don't cry Mom. I promise I'll get you out of this. Where's Father?"

"He... oh god Trunks he got so angry... he left me and Goku went after him..."

"Goku's okay? The medicine worked?" Trunks gasped.

"Yes... I... he's fine, but he's going to fight Vegeta..." Bulma sobbed. Trunks eyes widened in horror.

"NO! He can't! This is terrible!" Trunks despaired. "We gotta STOP them!"

"Don't leave me..."

"Hang on Mom, this is gonna be rough," Trunks said, sweeping her up in his arms and rocketing up into the sky. She clung to his Capsule corps jacket, and gasped at the vibration of sheer power coursing through his young body. It was almost identical to Vegeta's in signature.

***

Trunks shattered the sound barrier as he flew with his mother in his arms. His purple brows frowned in intense concentration as he streaked along. Narrowing his focus he sensed two amazingly powerful kis exchanging blasts of energy. Silently he cursed fate, and blessed it because he had come just in the proverbial nick of time.

"Trunks, you have to stop them!" she gasped. "I felt your father... he's going to KILL Goku..."

"Not if I can stop him," Trunks snorted. "This is so stupid!"

"I agree. Why can't some men grow up?" she grumbled. "Unlike their son's?"

Gohan suddenly shot into view with Piccolo alongside him. They both blinked to see Trunks streaking there bearing Bulma in his arms. "Hey, you're back!" Gohan gasped.

"We have to stop your dad and mine before they kill each other! Something's wrong!" said Trunks.

"Damn it!" Piccolo grunted.

"No, don't interfere! Not till I say so!" Trunks yelled angrily at them in a tone like Prince Vegeta's. "Gohan, I need your help... we have to separate our fathers... Piccolo, take my mom and hover nearby..." Trunks called, tossing Bulma to Piccolo.

"But..." Piccolo grunted.

"Just please do as I ask!" Trunks implored. Bulma and Piccolo grunted in annoyance as they hovered nearby, getting a bird's eye view of the battle royal.

Blue and orange clashed, fists flying at increasing velocity. Vegeta's hair swirling in the wind like a black banner as did Goku's. Sweat blistered on both their faces as they exchanged a volley of kicks and punches. Neither could gain any upper hand. Vegeta was fresh and strong, while Goku was still partly hindered by his heart virus.

"You're getting sloppy Kakkarot! Maybe it's better if you DO perish!" Vegeta snarled.

"Why are you doing this! Don't you CARE that you're breaking Bulma's heart!" Goku yelled at him.

"You have no say in this, fool! Because of you I'm losing the one thing I care for most! How can I trust ANYTHING anymore! How can I be master of my own fate?" Vegeta howled, bringing his fists together and slamming them hard on Goku's back. Gasping, Goku plummeted towards the rocky cliff. Just in time he flipped around and rocketed up to punch Vegeta in the gut.

The Prince flew shoulders over backside and crashed into the mountainside. Dust flew up all around him. So far Goku had used no energy blasts. Only taken what Vegeta dished out in a purely defensive fight. "So... you want me to knock some SENSE into you? Or what?" Goku panted as he hovered nearby. "Dammit can't you believe that it was for the best! She LOVES you, you stupid jerk!"

"You're not to SAY what's for me and mine, you third class fool! How DARE you interfere in my life... my destiny! You've No right!" Vegeta snarled, pushing himself out of the depression and rocketing full force. He rammed Goku with his armored shoulder, and then gripped his arm to flip and twist him, sending him flying towards the ground. Dust flew up into his face, and Vegeta raised his hand with the palm thrust forwards. IT glowed with blue energy.

"Don't do this Vegeta... if you kill me now... you've signed the death warrant for all of us!" Goku called up, as he pushed up from the ground. He crossed his wrists before his face, blocking the energy beam that threatened to form.

"Shut up! I won't let you steal my destiny, my free will. No more!" Vegeta roared. "Big Bang attack..."

Goku summoned a smaller energy blast, sending it up in the path of Vegeta's blast. Suddenly a powerful blue white ki blast slammed into Vegeta, and his big bang sizzled off and vaporized the side of the mountain. Goku gasped as a small figure whipped in and whisked him out of the path just in time.

"Gohan?" asked Goku, gasping at his son carrying him over his back. "What are you doing..."

"Saving you dad, what else?" Gohan gasped.

"But who shot that... wait a minute..." Goku glanced up to see Vegeta shaking his head and facing off against the lavender headed time traveler.

"Stop this now!" Trunks yelled as he drifted in front of Vegeta. "You can't kill him! If you want to blame someone for this, blame me!"

"How DARE you interfere you ingrate!" Vegeta hollered at the lavender haired boy that blocked his shot. "Just who the HELL do you think you are!"

"Don't you already know?" Trunks demanded. "If you want to beat up on someone, beat up on ME!"

"Your funeral brat!" Vegeta snarled, bringing his hands together and sending a beam towards him. "Final flash!"

"Burning attack!" Trunks yelled as he slashed the air with his arms. His blast slammed into Vegeta's, royal blue ki exploding and colliding in a blinding surge of power that blew both son and father apart.

"No... they can't..." Goku gasped.

"Dad, don't. Trunks has it under control. If he can't stop Vegeta I don't know who can!" Gohan urged, holding his father back.

"But... they could kill each other!"

"Not when Trunks can go super Saiyan...?" said Gohan with a grin. "Trust me dad... it's gonna be okay..."

Goku was astonished to see his son's face fixed in that same enigmatic smile. It was like looking at a mirror. Overhead hovered Piccolo and Bulma who was screaming and crying out in terror to see the two men in her life soaring towards one another for the attack.

"No, stop! Vegeta, Trunks don't do it!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Woman..." Vegeta gasped. Trunks slammed his fist into Vegeta's jaw with cracking force.

"You're ashamed of her. Aren't you? You can't tell her how much you love her... I don't understand WHY?" Trunks gasped.

"Shut up!" Vegeta yelled back, kicking the boy in the gut. Trunks flashed his fist out, and Vegeta blocked it with a raised knee. He sent his own fist cracking into Trunk's jaw, feeling hard resistance as the boy shook it off. A small trail of blood streaked down Trunk's lips.

"Don't you DARE blame mother for this! I won't let you!" Trunks cried. "Can't you stop blaming yourself and her? It's not her fault! It's mine!"

"How DARE you say anything regarding this! It's NOT your affair!" Vegeta roared at him. "Who the HELL do you think you are?"

"I'm your son, DAD," said Trunks quickly. "But you already know. And you're going to hate mother the rest of her life, is that it? Because of all this?"

"Shut up! You shut up now!" Vegeta hollered. Trunks gasped as another punch landed in his gut, simultaneously to the one he slammed into Vegeta's chest.

"I won't let it happen again! I won't let you die! What does it take you to see that she needs you! That there's no SHAME in needing someone?" Trunks yelled, hugging his stomach. A blue blast slammed into Vegeta, knocking him back. Screaming in rage, Vegeta ramped up his power level.

"I'll kill you, you imposter! Nobody makes a fool of the Prince of all Saiyans..." he roared.

"Vegeta, NO!" Bulma screamed, punching at Piccolo.

"You fool what are you trying to do!" Piccolo gasped. She squirmed out of his arms and plummeted groundwards.

"Mother!" Trunks yelled.

"Bulma? What's she doing..." Vegeta gasped. "NO!"

Punching Trunks out o the way Vegeta screamed in terror. Bulma closed her eyes, hoping that one of them or someone would save her. Gohan held Goku back, and Piccolo suddenly realized what she was doing. He only prayed she wasn't hoping in vain. Two streaks of fire shot towards her, and then Bulma felt male arms grasping her from underneath.

"You stupid idiot! What the HELL do you think you're doing!" Vegeta snarled at her.

"Oh god, Vegeta... please don't hate me!" she sobbed. Nearby Trunks hovered, blood trickling down over his chin as he extended his hands and held her back from the other side. Both father and son held her in their arms together, gleaming with royal blue ki.

"Don't hurt her... please..." Trunks urged as Vegeta took her into his arms completely. He shoved Trunks aside, but not hard enough to hurt him.

"Get out of my way brat..." Vegeta grunted. "The woman's my responsibility... not yours!"

"Whatever you say, sir," Trunks said, letting a small smile creep over his face. Bulma sobbed into Vegeta's armored shoulder as he hovered there yelling at her.

"What did you think you were... Dammit woman! I told you to leave me alone! Are you trying to get yourself KILLED? Are you brainless?" Vegeta ranted, squeezing her close to his body.

"You don't hate me then?" she asked, looking up at him.

"Of all the confounded... stupid... you are going to be the death of me!" Vegeta ranted. "Don't you realize what would happen if..."

"But I thought that you... oh Vegeta if you hated me... I'd die," she sobbed.

"Woman, what are you blubbering about?" Vegeta grumbled, heaving great breaths in and out. He glanced around at everyone. "What are YOU looking at?"

"Nothing, nothing at all," Piccolo said. "Come on folks, nothing to see... let's leave them alone..."

"Sounds good to me," Goku smiled, letting Gohan call Nimbus to help him fly them both home. Vegeta glared murderously at everyone, saying nothing till Nimbus streaked away, and Piccolo followed.

"So, are you still angry at her?" Trunks asked.

"Shut up, brat. Just what do you think you're doing here?" Vegeta panted, glaring angrily at him.

"I don't know. Maybe trying to stop you both from making a terrible mistake? You need each..." Trunks started.

"Shut up I said! You have no say in this! I don't care WHO you say you are, what happens between the woman and me is NOT your affair. Got it?" Vegeta snarled.

"But Sir..."

"Don't say another word, brat. You've got a lot of nerve claiming you have any power over two people's fates. I'm master of my OWN fate, understand? And you if you have ANY sense would know the same!" Vegeta ranted.

"Vegeta... please... don't..." Bulma sniffled. "He saved my life..."

"I'm sorry sir... I didn't want you to hate her," said Trunks quietly.

"Don't let it happen again! Honestly, you have some nerve..." Vegeta snapped at him.

"Let's just go home please," Bulma begged.

"Very well," said Vegeta quietly, holding his mate to his chest under hear arms and back. He levitated to a more favorable height, turning his back on Trunks.

"What about him?"

"What about him?" Vegeta snorted as she nodded towards the youth hovering there.

"He's got no place to go..."

"And I suppose you think he should live with US?" Vegeta snarled. "You can't take every stray waif in and..."

"Please Vegeta?" she asked.

"FINE! Shut up about it!" Vegeta grunted, snorting. "What do I care if he gets in the way! If he pisses me off... it's no affair of mine! Do what you want! But I'm NOT going to be..."

"Thank you," she smiled.

"Hey brat, what are you staring at? Are you coming or not?" Vegeta hollered at Trunks.

"Sir?"

"If you're going to fight the androids with us, you'd better follow us and stop gaping and catching flies. I won't ask again! I need to keep an eye on you!" Vegeta yelled at him. "I'm talking to you, kid!"

"Yes sir... of course..." Trunks said, brightening up.

"Follow me, if you can keep up!" Vegeta snorted. "You've got a lot of explaining to do, and I want no more secrets, got it?"

"OF course not," Trunks nodded, a smile splitting his face. He rocketed off after his parents, his heart feeling lighter for the first time in a decade. Although they were an imperfect family, Vegeta knew deep down that boy could be none other than his son. A smirk crept over his face as he saw Bulma's eyes brimming with love. She kissed him gently on the cheek, and he nipped her ear.

"I love you Vegeta… never doubt that…"

"Do be quiet woman," he whispered back. "You don't dare doubt my position either… don't forget whom you belong to…"

"I won't…" she swore as she graced his lips in a kiss.

"Not in front of the brat," Vegeta grunted.

"You…" she groaned, pressing her brow to his widow's peak. Two blue streaks jetted over the mountains towards Capsule Corps and a brighter future together.

***