Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 'Till Death Do Us Part ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- Yadda, yadda, yadda....don't own this...don't own that....

--=--=-- Till Death Do Us Part --=--=--

--=--=-- Chapter 6 --=--=--

--=--=-- Secrets --=--=--

As Vegeta and Bulma walked toward the pizza parlor, Bulma stopped in her tracks.

"Vegeta?" she asked softly.

"Yes, Bulma?"

"I'm nervous...What if they don't like me...?"

He smiled at her and kissed her forehead reassuringly. "Don't worry about anything! Everything will be just fine, Bulma. I told them all about you and so far they think you are great!"

"Really?"

"Of course. Now, let's go, okay? Don't wanna make the 'rents wait, hmm?"

She laughed and followed him toward the seafoam reasaraunt.

"So, Bulma, how are you in school? C's...B's...?" his father had asked.

"I'm a Distinguashed Honor Roll student, actually. Have been ever since they gave grades."

"Really?" Vegeta's mother, Razza asked, happy her son liked a smart girl. "That's great! Oh! I hope that my grandkids get your genes!"

Both Vegeta and Bulma blushed at the thought. Vegeta, even though he was blushing, wore an ever so slight smirk on his face that, luckily, Bulma didn't notice. His dad did, however.

"Don't you two even think about it until you are married....for 5 years!" his dad demanded.

"Daaaad!" Vegeta sighed, embarrassed once again.

"Well, you shouldn't! You have to make sure that you're with the right one. I remember when--"

"Dad, not now, please!" Vegeta pleaded.

"Oh, okay. Why not?"

"Dad!"

"Oh. Heh-heh...." his dad laughed nervously, realizing what story he'd just about gotten into.

"Anyway, when can we meet your parents, Bulma? Where do you live?"

"Umm..." she looked at Vegeta for an answer.

He shrugged his shoulders. "...Her parents are very busy people. Might be awhile."

"Well, where do you live? Maybe I can drop by sometime to see your house at least."

"You've seen it. Probably every day, even," she responded.

"Have I?" Razza asked.

"I live next door."

"Oh! My boy's fallen in love with the girl next door!! Now I'll get grandkids for sure!"

"Mom!"

"Well, I will."

After their 'lunch,' which consisted of very little eating and very much talking and lasted for hours until supper, the amusement park was closing. "Well, I guess we gotta go...man, I'm hungry!" Bulma said.

Vegeta chuckled a bit then asked curiously, "We just got done eating lunch and you're hungry??"

"No no no no no. We just got done talking. There was no eating involved!" Bulma pointed out.

"Well, I had a few bites of pizza..."

"No one else did!"

"Well, why don't we go dancing or something? They'll have food at a night club."

"You want to go dancing??" she asked, surprised that a guy wanted to dance.

"Don't like dancing?"

She hugged him tight and said that she'd love to go dancing. That was quite unexpected on his part, why she'd hugged him, just for offering to dance.

'Don't guy's go dancing too on this planet?' he wondered. 'Oh well, No complaints!'

They walked up to a popular teen night club. Vegeta looked at the glowing green neon sign that read "Galaxy." The outside of the club was covered with brightly painted colorful stars, suns, and blue moons. Even from here, Vegeta and Bulma both could hear the music, and it was one of her favorite songs, "Aint it Funny?" She grabbed Vegeta's hand and they ran into the club.

"Wanna dance?" she asked, grabbing his hands and putting them around her waist.

He grinned mischieveously at her and she took that as a 'yes.' As they danced quickly to the song, she noticed, he hadn't looked anywhere but her eyes. You were supposed to do that when you were ballroom dancing; and their dance was the farthest thing from ballroom dancing. When the song was over, they continued gazing at each other until their gaze was broked by an unknown force shoving Vegeta into a wall.

"She's mine!" the dark haired stranger yelled at Vegeta.

"What do you mean she's yours???"

"I mean exactly what I said!"

"Well, you're going to have to get over it! I'm her boyfriend! Not you, not that guy over there. Me. Got it, freak?"

"I'm not a freak!" the guy squeaked.

"Hmm.... seems like you need to go back to your crib until you get over puberty," Vegeta said in his oh so perfect voice.

Bulma and Vegeta laughed as loud as possible.

"Vegeta, you don't really want me to tell Bulma about your little secret, do you? I mean, maybe she should know. It's only fair."

"Yamcha, I swear, if you even think of it I will kill you," Vegeta said in a low, very serious voice, that ment he would do it.

"Thinking, thinking, thinking."

"You are pushing it. I'm warning you, Yamcha. Stop now."

"Anyway, Bulma, Vegeta, did he tell you that he---"

Yamcha was cut off midsentance by Vegeta's fist breaking his jaw.

"Arrrrggghhhh!" Yamcha cried out in pain gently clutching his bloody, crooked mouth.

"You won't tell her, now will you?" Vegeta asked, forgetting throughout the conversation that Bulma was, in fact, standing right there, next to him.

"Mmmm-mmmm!! Mmmm-mmmm!!" Yamcha said running out of the club, trying to find the nearest hospital, leaving a very angry Vegeta, and a very confused Bulma.

"Vegeta...? What is he talking about?"

The Saiyin prince closed his ebony eyes and sighed. The time had come, he had to tell her.

"Not here, Bulma. Let's go somewhere else."

She silently agreed, fearing the worst for her beloved. He put his arms around her and led her under the starry, moonless sky to the serene pond in Bulma's backyard.

After rowing her out to the middle of the lake, he pulled her into his lap and she already had a tear down her cheek and he hadn't even told her yet.

"Bulma...? Do I have to tell you? I don't want you to be scared."

"Oh, please tell me," she pleaded with him, looking him in the eye, "I am more scared not knowing. Right now, in my mind, you could be dying. Please don't make me think that!"

He couldn't meet her eyes after that comment. She noticed him look away at her mention. Her eyes widened and her tears flowed more freely.

"No...! You...no! You can't be. You're only 16!"

He looked her in the eye now, making his own tears visible.

"Bulma.... I....want you to remember me the way I was... promise me that, please?"

Oh! I am on the edge of tears now, cuz I know what he's gonna say next. And yes, that wasn't a typo. He had a birthday since they met, I just didn't feel like putting it. PLEASE review this time! I am serious this time, I just had too many ideas not to write this chappie. So, If I get about 5 or so more reviews, you can find out what's next, if not, you'll suffer! Bye! Thanks! And sorry it was short. I just thought it was a good way to end the chappie.