Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 2 Girls, A Namek, And A Half Saiya-jin ❯ Getting In Trouble ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cally ran as fast as her legs would take her. That guy was so mean! I wonder what his deal was, he seemed more agitated than usual she thought as her hair flew behind her. The embarrassment she had encountered upon being formally introduced to that green guy and boy had worn off only somewhat and it was easy to see the blush that was still there. Cally stopped suddenly as the bushes rustled and a huge wolf jumped out and tackled her. Without warning, the wolf started to lick the girl.

"Okay, okay! I give up but could you please stop it Star?!" Cally yelled out almost laughing. Star snorted but backed off. Cally sat up with any remnants of earlier that day wiped, or should I say washed, away from her face.

Cally smiled at her friend and said, "Come on Star, Josie probably has dinner already for us and it's getting dark. Race ya home!" she called out and took off running. Star barked and followed after her, thinking all the way home that Cally never ran a fair race.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Gohan watched the two run below him. After being embarrassed by Piccolo, he had flown around trying to figure out why this girl liked him. I'm not that handsome. Isn't that what girls like? he pondered. (Gohan is so naïve it's cute). The only way Gohan would find out is if he asked her. Shrugging his shoulders, he decided to do just that.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Cally looked behind her and found that Star was nowhere to be seen. Hey! She must've taken the short cut! Cheater. Distracted by looking behind her, Cally ran straight into what felt like a brick wall.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Here let me help you up," a familiar voice said.

Cally froze as she turned to see Gohan, the boy she had totally embarrassed herself in front of today. "Um, hi G-Gohan, right?" she asked nervously.

Gohan smiled at her and said "uh huh!" Gohan frantically tried to remember the reason he had followed her but couldn't for the life of him bring it out so he chose something else instead.

"I'm sorry about Piccolo today. He's not usually this mean" Gohan explained apologetically.

Cally smiled nervously, although the nervousness didn't show through to Gohan. All he saw was a nice, beautiful smile. "Hey, don't worry about it. I gotta get home though; otherwise Josie is going to wonder where the hell I am. Say, do you want to have dinner with us tonight? I'm sure she won't mind too much." Cally offered.

Gohan shook his head. "No thank you, my mom's expecting me home soon. Hey, why don't we, uh, well, uh h-hang out sometime?" he asked. Gohan wasn't able to hang out with kids his age due to living in the middle of nowhere.

Cally blushed again and said, "of course. How about tomorrow at that waterfall? Except, further away from Piccolo?" she asked.

"Great! See ya tomorrow!" Gohan yelled before flying off. Cally stared at his retreating form for a minute but then started to run home. With any luck, she wouldn't get such a tongue lashing if she hurried.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Josie tapped her foot impatiently, looking very much like a mother would when Cally returned home. Josie just glared at her and pointed to the now dark sky. Cally laughed nervously and said, "sorry?"

"It's dangerous out there! Cally, I need you home. I know you wouldn't believe me but there's this guy out there who's really scary! Okay, I'm going to start at the beginning: I found this guy who was hurt pretty badly in the woods…" Josie went on to explain about her encounter with Piccolo only leaving out his appearance. She would never believe me if I told her he was green Josie thought to herself. Cally listened with wide eyes.

"Wow. I'm so sorry Josie, I promise I'll keep an eye out for this guy" she stated truthfully. Only it would help if she remembered what he looked like! But you can't fault her she was pretty scared Cally thought privately.

Josie sighed and said, "it would be more comforting if you stayed inside for a while Cally. I don't want to have to worry about you getting hurt," she said.

"Well, I'm sorry but I'm not gonna do that. I don't want to stay inside. You know me. Can't stand to be cooped up" Cally replied.

"Cally, you are going to stay inside until I say you can go back out. Is that clear?" Josie ordered more than asked. (Don't cha hate it when theysa do that?)

Cally narrowed her eyes in response to the command. "I say I'm not going to stay inside and you aren't going to make me!"

"You are going to stay here and that is final!" Josie shouted.

"Don't for a second think you can order me around! You aren't my mother!" she hissed and retreated to her room. Making sure to slam the door of course.

Josie sighed and rested her head on the table, facing Star. "I don't suppose you have any ideas on how to handle her huh Star?" she asked the confused animal. Star whimpered and put her head in her paws. That's what I thought Josie thought and went to her own room.