Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 2 Girls, A Namek, And A Half Saiya-jin ❯ That Damn Feeling ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Josie sighed and rested her head on her hand as she watched Piccolo try and break the `mountain' for the 587,984,723,984th time. Goku sat on the sidelines near her with his bandaged hand and watched Piccolo as he tried to blast, kick, hit, blast, blast, blast, hit, and kick the evil mountain into the million pieces it should be by now. That is, if it were a normal mountain.

Piccolo growled and cursed as the structure made no move to be destroyed. He was getting very upset at the stubbornness of this thing. Any other mountain would be simply destroyed by Vegeta getting thrown into it. Due to his sheer frustration, Piccolo was actually willing to risk the short prince's equally short temper and try it.

"Dammit!" he growled and stood at the base for a while thinking about possible options.

Meanwhile, Goku had fallen asleep and Josie was getting quite bored and tired herself.

I want to find Cally NOW! She thought to herself and noticed and unusual rock lying by. It wasn't so much a rock as it was a boulder, but the strange thing was that it was completely round. No bumps, lumps, or notches anywhere on the smooth surface. It caught Josie's attention and she tried to get Piccolo's attention…

"Hey Piccolo! Piccolo! PICCOLO!!"

…But it didn't work out so well.

Damn him! Josie fumed and went over to the rock. Maybe she would be able to get the damn thing to do something…

Piccolo really wanted to destroy something, something being the mountain. Unfortunately the mountain had other ideas.

~ ::This whole thing has been censored due to the fact it is so vile and disturbing, it defies my PG-13 rating. Sorry for the inconvenience:: !!!!!! ~ Piccolo snarled.

~ ……… ~ Was the only response he got from his Namekian comrades. Even Nail was silent at the ferocity of his words and thought it best to stay out of his business right now.

~ What, no comeback Nail?! ~ Piccolo growled, expecting a smart-ass reply.

~ ………… ~ Nail said nothing and Piccolo smirked outwardly. The smirk didn't stay there for long when Piccolo felt something smash into his face. Hard.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" he yelled and stumbled backwards. When he recovered the feeling in his face, Piccolo looked up to see Josie standing there with a large tree branch in hand.

"I couldn't get your attention yelling at you, but I wanted to show you something" she said calmly and motioned to mountain which now had a perfect square hole in the middle. Piccolo's jaw dropped open and his eyes grew very large.

"I-how-what-you-huh?!" he stuttered, not at all acting like his normal, gruff, brooding self. Josie giggled and Goku raised an eyebrow at the former demon king's actions. He heard Nail and Kami laugh in the back of his mind, very amused by the entire situation.

"Well you were either ignoring me before or you were completely into your thoughts but I found something," Josie gestured to a perfectly round boulder with a computer console sticking out, "this was nearby and it caught my attention. Apparently whoever took Cally and Gohan has no idea that rocks can't possibly be so perfectly shaped, so I went to check it out. I got Goku to lift up the rock and on the bottom there was a button. When I pressed it this computer thing came out. After that happened I just played around with it until, voila! An opening!" she beamed at her achievements and, although Piccolo would never admit it, he was quite impressed.

"uh…well…g-g-…", Josie glared at Piccolo, telling him exactly what he needed to say, "goodwork!" he said quickly, although it was no use because Goku heard him anyways. The big Saiya-jin grinned that big grin of his and stepped towards the entrance.

"Come on Piccolo, let's go!" Goku said. The moonlight was shining on Josie and highlighting her eyes. Those golden eyes…

Piccolo shook his head as if to clear it and walked over to the entrance. "Yeah, yeah" he said and they both started walking inside.

"Hey! Wait for me" Josie huffed and followed them. She didn't get to far before she walked right into Piccolo, who had stopped walking as soon as he heard that. Goku came back out of the shadows as well and face Josie with an expression similar to Piccolo's.

"Oof! Hey, what's the holdup? Something wrong?" she asked, confused.

"You aren't coming" Piccolo stated matter-of-fact.

"What do you mean I'm not coming?! The hell I'm not!" she yelled and started to walk in but was stopped when Piccolo grabbed her. "You aren't coming! It could be dangerous in there and I don't want you getting in the way!"

"Josie, Piccolo's right. It could be dangerous in there and what happens if whoever got Cally and Gohan gets you too?" Goku asked gently. He didn't want to piss the woman off anymore seeing as how you could practically see steam coming out of her ears.

"I'll take my chances, but I'm not going to be left out here alone" she snapped and tried to free herself from Piccolo's strong grip. "What's the deal?!" she growled at him.

"I mean it. You. Aren't. Coming. Don't act like a spoiled child! I'm not fooling around here and I'm not playing games with you! You will sit here and wait, do you understand?!" he roared and she stared at him, stunned. Right now it was as if that conversation and kiss had all been a dream and she was being snapped back into reality.

I won't cry! If he wants to be a jerk then FINE! I don't need him anyways...

The thought entered Piccolo's mind and cut his heart like a knife. He finally knew whose thoughts he was hearing.

~ You mean its Josie? I never would have guessed ~ Nail said in shock.

~ Since Piccolo is partially telepathic he is picking up on her thoughts. Most likely subconsciously, as it means they are becoming closer together. It probably wont be long before she hears his thoughts. ~ Kami commented casually, as if it was no big deal.

~ Don't talk about me as if I'm not here! What do I do to block them? And more importantly, how can I block her?! ~ Piccolo asked urgently.

~ You can't ~ Kami told him.

~ There has to be a way old man, and you are going to find it! ~ Piccolo snapped.

~ Don't you think you ought to be more concerned about Josie at the moment? ~ Nail asked Piccolo. Piccolo returned his attention to her and found the woman glaring at him like there was no tomorrow. Her eyes glistened with tears that were trying not to fall, and failed miserably as one single drop trickled down her cheek.

I must have imagined that kiss. He really does hate me, there's no denying it. I can't believe I was stupid enough to think I was falling for him...he obviously doesn't feel the same... her thoughts were bitter, harsh, and hurt. Piccolo felt himself softening and cursed at himself yet again. He really had feelings for this woman who had yelled at him, hit him, helped him, and…kissed him. Anybody else would have run screaming at the thought of kissing Piccolo, but she hadn't. It was all so very strange to him as he wiped away that stray tear. Josie's eyes turned from a harsh glare to an expression of surprise as he leaned in closer to her face. Goku's mouth dropped to the ground but he managed to pry his eyes away, pick his jaw up off the ground and turn around just as Piccolo brought his lips down to Josie's. Piccolo may not have understood much of this emotion very much, but sometimes it wasn't as much of a pain as he thought.

"You're such a jerk" Josie mumbled and smiled.

"Stay here and wait," he told her, "you wont get hurt out here".

"But Pic-" Piccolo silenced her with a look that said `Don't make me worry about you'.

"It will be better for Cally if you don't come" Piccolo said. Josie saw the look in his eyes and sighed in defeat.

"Fine" she said in a depressed tone and Piccolo stood up to his full height. "Goku!"

"Where-what-who-huh?! Oh! L-l-e-ts go th-then!" Goku stammered and once again started to walk into the darkness with Piccolo.

"Wait!" they both turned to face Josie.

"Bring Gohan and Cally back safe. Please?" she asked them.

"Of course we will" Goku chirped and finally disappeared into the caves with Piccolo. You come back safe as well. Be careful she thought and sat on a rock anxiously.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Lowan frowned at the monitors as he saw Goku and Piccolo come through the entrance. Women seem to be causing all the problems today he thought and looked upon an unconscious Cally as Kuro angrily strapped her down to a gurney of some sorts. Lowan tapped some keys on the board and smiled evilly. His entire personality seemed to be changing. Well what happens when the other one is in serious trouble? What will you do Mr. Piccolo? Trudge ahead to find your lifelong friend or rush back to save your girlfriend? It will be interesting to find out...