Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 28 Stars ❯ Time ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

28 Stars
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ. Therefore, I am not liable for any Vegeta related injury or indignity this fanfiction causes.
 
Author Notes of Spewing: Vegeta was asking for it. You understand this after reading the chapter. :snickers:
 
Also, I did another fan art, so go check it out. It should be attached to this fic.
 
Thanks to The Chichi Slaughter House for betaing.
 
 
Chapter 11. Time

Goku ran his fingers through the bowl of water, leaning over far enough so his face was over shadowed and his expression hidden, watching the ripples that streamed out behind the tips. The room around him remained airy however, the light blue walls and orange carpet of his house unchanged as he kept them together, despite the way his mood battled against the surroundings. His tail drooped off he side of the chair, the entire appendage lifeless and unmoving as he pulled the bowl forwards. Dipping his hands in, he leant down, splashing the water over his face in an attempt to refresh himself.
 
Shaking droplets of water away, he pushed the bowl aside, leaning on his folded arms on the table. Had he been abandoned? He hadn't seen him for what seemed to be ages. And he couldn't find him, no matter how hard he tried. His wishes were evident to Goku.
 
The Prince did not want to be found.
 
After waiting for him, for what seemed like days to him- although in this timeless place, he couldn't tell, Goku tried to hunt Vegeta down, but it soon became quite apparent to him the dragonballs were working against his efforts. Vegeta was making sure he remained undisturbed. Continuing to wait for the Prince, and sometimes working on his own techniques, although without his normal tenacity, Goku was starting to doubt he was training privately. Maybe he wouldn't come back. Maybe he wouldn't let Goku find him again. After what happened, it confused the large Saiyan for Vegeta to leave him. Was he upset about something? As his own time progressed, Goku felt less and less hope for Vegeta's return; it seemed like the other Saiyan had abandoned him here.
 
It was one thing being alone, for he had spent all his time in the dragonballs quite happily in that way, out of his own will. He could leave people and remain by himself here, since the time moved as fast as he wanted too. The years didn't stretch on unless he made them; since he had first arrived in this place, it didn't seem like decades had passed. But the sting of abandonment was one had he had yet to taste. He stared down at the table, deep in thought. Did the others feel this when he left them? Did Gohan feel it when he'd remained dead after Cell?
 
Goku clenched his eyes shut, trying to dismiss the thought; he had used his judgement then, and stood by it. He attracted dangerous trouble, so it was unsafe to stay on Earth, for all the humans' sake, and even his son's, after the androids.
 
Staring over at the water, Goku swallowed a lump of regret. Had he messed up with Vegeta already? Did Vegeta think he was only a one off bout of sex and left him? Or maybe he made the Prince mad… He could never come back to him for all he knew, he could live alone and away from him in the dragonballs, until the inevitable, of course. Then there would be some serious problems.
 
Goku stood up, frowning in determination- and ignoring the clatter as the force of his standing sent the chair flying to the floor with a clatter. He had to find Vegeta, for this had gone on too long. He was going to sort it out, whether the Prince wanted to or not. Turning around, he paced to the door. It would be a challenge, standing up to the power of the dragon and Vegeta, but he had to do it. And if he couldn't, some outside help may have to be arranged to coerce the dragon. Yanking on the handle forcefully and pulling the door open, Goku strode through, only to be knocked back, falling over.
 
Sitting up, his eyes widened in shock. Well, at least he could claim a job well done.
 
Vegeta swore as he rubbed his head, sitting up and glaring at the other Saiyan, who blinked at him in shock.
 
“What the fuck was that for, idiot?” Vegeta grumbled, standing up, as Goku stay on the floor still, looking up at him in confusion and disbelief. “What? Have I grown an extra head, Kakarot?” Vegeta shifted, uncomfortable under the gaze.
 
“Why did you leave me for so long?” Goku asked, his voice still gentle, but tinted with accusation. Hadn't Vegeta left him?
 
Vegeta frowned, looking at him as though he were insane. “I told you, I'd return soon and have breakfast with you. You're acting like I've dumped you or something.” He frowned, reaching down and pulling Goku to his feet, trying to pull him into a kiss, only to be pushed away by Goku.
 
About to start into an indignant rampage, Vegeta's complaints were averted when he saw the look of sadness on the other's face. “I thought you'd left Vegeta. It seemed like days from where I was.” Goku looked away, bangs hanging over his eyes. “I sound ridiculous, don't I? Complaining how you weren't around for me.”
 
Vegeta raised an eyebrow, folding his arms. “Days, Kakarot?” He walked around the other Saiyan, brushing a droplet of water from earlier off his nose. “It felt as though I were training a few hours. I'm barely even tired.”
 
Goku blinked, realisation dawning on him. It must be the interference of the dragonballs; there was no other explanation, and it seemed perfectly possible. After all, he had little idea of the flow of time when he realised the speed the “real” world went at compared to him. Maybe, if Vegeta wanted to train more, and progress further, the dragonballs had altered the time for him to enable it, resulting him having days packed into a few hours, whilst Goku had to live them out himself, since he wasn't with Vegeta. The idea made Goku feel a little better, for it was evident Vegeta had no intention of leaving him, if he were talking and acting like this. Maybe it was just a case of time.
 
“Kakarot, get your arse over here!”
 
Goku blinking, realising he was staring into the air Vegeta had previously occupied, his thoughts distracting him. He turned to the source of Vegeta's voice, only to find the table laden with food around Vegeta, the other Saiyan smirking as he downed a whole fried egg, he tail waving behind him as he scooped scrambled eggs onto a slice of toast.
 
“Well, are you going to eat, or shall I clear this up myself?” Vegeta said as Goku walked over to the table, still shaken by the events. Vegeta had no idea of how long the time stretched, whereas he had experienced every long minute, through which the feeling of abandonment grew stronger.
 
He swallowed, launching himself into the chair next to Vegeta with such enthusiasm, that it fell over with him, knocking the Prince- who had raised a scrambled egg laden slice of toast up for a bite- down with him, leaving the toast hovering in midair for a split second before it tumble to the floor, scrambled eggs side down, of course. Some aspects of physics couldn't even be changed here.
 
The issue was unnoticed by the Saiyans on the floor. Vegeta wriggled, feeling a wooden armrest poke into the back of his ribs, whilst the other Saiyan clung to his waist, nuzzling any part of him he could reach, slowly inching up his body, until a chair leg blocked his progression, digging into his upper thigh. Goku coiled his tail around Vegeta's thigh, securing himself to the struggling Prince.
 
“What are you doing?!” Vegeta squirmed, growling as the chair arm dug further into his ribs. “Let me get up.” He tried pushing Goku away, the other Saiyan reluctantly releasing his waist and lifting his weight off Vegeta, much to the Prince's relief.
 
Sitting up and scowling, Vegeta rubbed his back, giving Goku a sour look as he tried to get up, pushing him off his legs with annoyance and standing up, glaring down at him.
 
“What the hell was that for?”
 
Unflinching, Goku stood up, looking sheepish as he scratched the back of his head, apologising and releasing the hold of his tail.
 
“I'm asking you a question. Why did you do that, Kakarot?”
 
Goku swallowed, looking down like a punished child at the tone of Vegeta's voice.
 
“I missed you.”
 
Vegeta raised an eyebrow at him, stuck between disbelief and contempt. “I was gone no more than a few hours, Kakarot.”
 
Goku shook his head, looking up at Vegeta with unusual seriousness. “No, you weren't.”
 
There was a brief pause, before a snide retort was fired back. “Well, I think I am above mistaking hours for days, Kakarot.”
 
“How much did you achieve in your training?”
 
Vegeta faltered, looking at Goku with suspicion. “What does it matter to you?”
 
Goku looked at him whilst righting the chair, sitting in Vegeta's place confidently, unaware of the look of annoyance on Vegeta's face. “I bet it went well, though, didn't it? You must have made plenty of progress for a few hours.”
 
Vegeta stared at him in shock, surprised at both the accuracy of the statement, and Goku's audacity to steal his seat. And now, his breakfast, as Goku munched on a piece of toast, waiting for Vegeta's reaction. The Prince's eyes narrowed. Had Goku been watching him?
 
“How do you know?” The icy voice responded. He told Goku to leave him alone, and he went straight and disobeyed him already?
 
Goku shrugged, his cheeks bulging as he crammed a whole slice of toast into his mouth and turned to Vegeta, spewing crumbs over him as he spoke. “Bragandalls.”
 
Vegeta's eyebrow twitched as he raised a gloved hand, calmly wiping the crumbs of toast from his face as he resisted throttling the other Saiyan. Why couldn't he ever get relevant information out of the other Saiyan? “Dragonballs? You've been using them to spy on me, haven't you?”
 
Goku shook his head, swallowing the toast; his throat bulged noticeably as he did so, and started from some bacon. “Nope. Time. They must've altered it for you.” He inhaled the bacon, the end of the rasher flapping against his lips momentarily, before being consumed.
 
Vegeta glared, watching as his breakfast started disappearing at an alarming rate. How could the other Saiyan eat when they were talking about something so important?
 
“Stop that!”
 
Goku paused, half a rasher of bacon hanging out of his mouth as he stared at Vegeta, trying to talk around it, before giving up and swallowing it whole. “What is it Vegeta?”
 
“Talk to me properly, and stop eating my breakfast.” Vegeta snapped. “What do mean, “altering” time? That's impossible.” He sneered.
 
Goku shrugged, reaching for more bacon, only to have Vegeta bat his hands away, wanting an explanation. “I don't know how it works Vegeta. They messed around with the time for you so you could do the training you wanted. I wasn't with you to experience the effects, so I had to wait the full amount of time you genuinely took.”
 
Vegeta stared at him, not protesting as Goku demolished his breakfast, standing on the spot as he tried to understand what the other Saiyan meant. He wasn't having much trouble believing his words; in a place where food appeared of nowhere, age was inconsistent, where the skies changed at your will and people could copy themselves, a glitch with time wasn't anything special. Although, he as he thought about it, he started to understand the other Saiyan's reaction to his return. He himself wouldn't be so calm if Goku abandoned him for days, would he? Especially considering the circumstances…
 
Trying to ignore the rise of heat to his face, Vegeta approached Goku. “Give me back my breakfast.”
 
Goku looked up at him, a slice of toast hanging from his mouth, before dropping his knife and fork to the table, scooting back the chair and dragging the struggling Vegeta into his lap, facing the table. One hand and a tail around Vegeta, whose struggles were lessening, the other helping him to finish the toast, which was promptly chomped and swallowed, Goku chuckled. He leant forward; enjoying the warmth of Vegeta- a little surprised at himself in how much he missed it- and with his spare hand, passed Vegeta a fork.
 
“I guess I gave you a little too much help, hmm? Well, we can always make more, can't we Vegeta?” Goku reached around him, grabbing more toast, although being a little more careful to stop the crumbs falling down the back of Vegeta's shirt.
 
Feigning annoyance, Vegeta shrugged, giving up his struggles and eating anyway, with a little more neatness than Goku had before. Occasionally a hand snuck around him to steal food, reducing Vegeta to stabbing it with a fork, which quelled the thievery of his companion. After an extended session of hand rubbing, pleading and whining, Vegeta found himself handing, or forking as it soon progressed, over food to the one behind him. Grumbling about how Goku should be using the dragonballs, Vegeta drew his fork back as Goku chewed on a rasher of bacon, squeezing Vegeta a little in his thanks. Rolling his eyes, and dismissing a pile of empty plates, Vegeta tried to break free, still incredulous that the other had lead him into doing that. Not again- the big idiot could feed himself in future. The arms around him did not relinquish their grip however, only pulling him closer to the broad chest behind him. Vegeta shivered as lips crept up his neck, applying small, swift kisses up to his jawbone. Wriggling in the grip, Vegeta leant into the touches at the same time, trying to lean far enough back to he could turn to look at Goku. Unsuccessful, he continued with his escape attempts.
 
“You're feeding yourself in future, Kakarot.” Vegeta grumbled. “I'm already spoiling you.”
 
Preventing himself from telling Vegeta how much they both enjoyed it, Goku just chuckled again, finally letting him go, letting his fingers linger on Vegeta's hips a few moments longer. Vegeta turned around in his lap, before realising his position and jumping out, Goku standing up with him, smiling without a pause. Annoyed at being caught off guard, Vegeta yanked him down into the kiss, taking advantage of Goku's surprise as he pressed close to him.
 
Pulling away, Vegeta gave Goku one of his smuggest smirks to date as he stroked along the length of the other's tail, making his knees weak. Goku fell back into the chair at the minor push Vegeta gave him.
 
“Come on Kakarot.” Vegeta stood next to him, his arms crossed over his chest. “I know you can do better than that.” He issued a dry laugh, before a loud snapping sound cut through the air, stopping him in his tracks as a stinging pain erupted on his backside, the smug expression sliding off his face in a fluid movement.
 
Goku looked up at him, a huge grin on his face as Vegeta's grew darker and darker shades of red. Staying in the same position for as long as he could, Vegeta gave up with a loud huff- and a token death glare at Goku- as he rubbed his sore buttock, smoothing the disturbed material the other had pulled. Still in disbelief as he glared at the other Saiyan, Vegeta had no words. No one had ever dared to snap his training suit- especially there.
 
“Is that better?”
 
He reassured himself. The words would come eventually.
 
~~
 
OK, I think I have fixed the anonymous review thing, turning the accept option on until I did. Damn thing.
 
Reviewer Reply:
 
Kinniku God: Thanks. :grin: I haven't got up to a large important section of this, so there'll be a few upturns on top it as well.