Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 28 Stars ❯ Fusion-ha! ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

28 Stars
 
Author Notes of Spewing: This is the end of part one guys. Part two will be released fairly soon (I am already a few chapters ahead), so keep your eyes peeled for “28 Shards”. Once again, thanks you The Chichi Slaughter House for betaing.
 
Chapter 18: Fusion-ha!
 
Sitting back, his body radiating indolence, Vegeta looked over Goku as he demonstrated to him. To be honest, he knew the pose perfectly well. His memory worked, didn't it? Even in the years since they had last done it, he still remembered every little movement. But it was fun to watch as the other pranced around in front of him.
 
Especially when he was shirtless.
 
When Goku offered the demonstration, Vegeta was somewhat loathe to except- after all, since when did he need instruction? He could do this himself and no demonstration would affect that. But as per usual, Goku was insistent. He didn't want to make too many mistakes. (To a grudging level, Vegeta agreed with that- he didn't like becoming a skinny bone bag or a Saiyan marshmallow too often either.) He wanted to be prepared. So, thrusting Vegeta into a beanbag- that had conveniently appeared behind him during the conversation, Goku stepped back to start his demonstration.
 
Only after he started moving did Vegeta realise that benefits. It really was nice to watch those defined muscles move right before his eyes. Arms swung from left to right, whilst, with perfect coordination, his feet shuffled beneath him. A smirk grew on the prince's face. He might not have much to learn, but he was sure as hell paying attention.
 
“Vegeta?” Goku leaned in, waving at the Prince, jumping in surprise as his wrist was suddenly grabbed, the gloved hand threatening to squeeze.
 
Annoyed at being caught distracted, Vegeta growled, snapping at him in defence. “What is it Kakarot?” he glared at the Saiyan standing over him, releasing his wrist.
 
Goku scratched the back of his head. “Do you need to see that again Vegeta?”
 
Frowning at the other Saiyan, Vegeta growled, before stopping himself. Trying to sound convincing, Vegeta nodded. “Once more wouldn't hurt Kakarot.”
 
Grinning and happy to help, Goku bounced back a few paces, posing once more for the observing Prince. Licking his lips, Vegeta started to pull his own shirt off, tossing it aside as Goku started to move. Feigning interest, he leaned forward in the beanbag, his tail being freed and swaying out behind him in slow sweeps, the tip twitching.
 
Sighing as Goku finished his example, Vegeta stood up. “I think I get it now Kakarot.”
 
Stepping back to give Vegeta some room, he crossed his arms over his bare chest. “Let's show me then. If you can do it, we'll have a proper run.”
 
Feeling rather self-conscious under the firm gaze of the other Saiyan- it was only paranoia telling him Goku knew of his `attention' he told himself- Vegeta walked to the side, extending his arms to the side. Gritting his teeth in a vain attempt not to feel ridiculous, Vegeta swung them over, his feet shuffling in the familiar dance. Looking intensely unhappy in his finishing pose, he dropped his arms, throwing himself back into the beanbag with a discontent growl.
 
“That good enough Kakarot?” He said, looking up, a flare of past arrogance fluttering over his face.
 
Leaning over, Goku grasped his arm, hauling him off the beanbag before he could protest. “Not quite Vegeta. You've got to finish with your arms a little higher, see?” He posed again, ignoring the look of annoyance on Vegeta's face.
 
“If you keep your arms too low Vegeta, your fingers will miss mine.” Scratching his head, Goku's stepped back one more. “Want to show me again?” Blinking at the flat gaze, he scratched the back of his head. “You had it otherwise, Vegeta. Your movements were all fine.”
 
Rolling his eyes, and swallowing the blow to his overconfidence, Vegeta redid the dance, correcting the minor error. When he dropped out of the end pose, he sighed- it was rather disturbing how it affected him less each time he did it.
 
`I'll be prancing in a tutu in no time.'
 
Goku smiled in encouragement. “That's perfect Vegeta.”
 
Giving him an unconcerned shrug, Vegeta looked up. “That wasn't so hard, was it Kakarot?”
 
Goku scratched the back of his head once more, earning a half hearted glare- Vegeta had pretty much given up his urge to tear his arm off at this action- and nodded. “I guess your memory is pretty good Vegeta… or you've been practicing behind my back.” His chuckle of amusement was interrupted by a light slap upside the head.
 
“Idiot. Why would I do such a thing?” Vegeta sneered, crossing his arms. “Now, do you intend to fuse any time soon?”
 
Rubbing the back of his head, Goku nodded. “Yeah Vegeta…” He faltered briefly, looking at Vegeta. “Does it seem weird to you? Y'know, fusing together and stuff.”
 
Raising an eyebrow, Vegeta looked away, trying to dismiss the other's seriousness. “I would say anything to do with your mind is weird, Kakarot. I am just relieved it lasts for only half an hour.”
 
Goku sighed, stepping closer, their bodies nearly touching. “You didn't get into my mind the times we fused before now, Vegeta. You wouldn't let me near yours either.” He reached up to stroke the older Saiyan's cheek. “It might not be so easy to keep our minds so separate.”
 
Unsure of whether to edge away or lean into the hold, Vegeta frowned. “Why not? You think I cannot restrain myself?” His tail tip flicked in the air, a wave of defensiveness seeping through him. That would be the ultimate act exposure, even if it was for a short time, it would still remain in their memories.
 
Goku leant in; guiding Vegeta backwards with gentle hand on his sides, he was so close to him their lips brushed together was a whispered. “I know you trust me now Vegeta. I think you will want to merge when it happens.”
 
Vegeta shuddered, tense at the words, but rapidly melting at the soothing touches as he was pushed into the beanbag. Goku sat beside him, a hand playing with his upsweep of hair. “I won't…not my mind…”
 
“Wasn't it hard for you before?” Goku tilted his head, meeting the Prince's gaze.
 
Swallowing, Vegeta nodded in agreement, before pulling Goku closer. “Will you see everything? All memories?”
 
Burying his face in Vegeta's hair, Goku shook his head. “I don't have to look do I? Unless you recall something, I won't have to know. I promise I won't pry unnecessarily.”
 
Relaxing more, Vegeta nodded. “I won't either, if it is like that. I will keep my word.”
 
Giving a small chuckle into Vegeta's hair, Goku inhaled deeply, enjoying the scent before pulling back. “There isn't anything I need to hide Vegeta- it is pretty bland set of memories- before I met you, that is.” He grinned as a pink tinge rose in Vegeta's cheeks. Kissing the other Saiyan's cheek, he pulled him into a hug. “And I won't care about your old ones. I care about now, not then.”
 
“Fine words Kakarot, but I would still rather not have them revived.” Vegeta shook his head, before pulling Goku down into a kiss.
 
Hands clutching at his shoulders, Goku allowed himself to be pulled over the other Saiyan, flushing lightly himself as the warmth of their bare chests meet. Unsure of whether to push forward himself, Goku's lips played back against the other's passively, letting Vegeta gauge the intensity- it was apparent the other Saiyan was only looking for comfort. Soft lips moved against his own, toying with the acquired familiarity. Letting his hands brush over Vegeta, one going to his hair as the other tended to the bare chest, Goku smiled down at him as he broke the kiss. Sitting up- leaving Goku kneeling next to him- Vegeta gave a silent gesture, allowing Goku to get up. Rising too, he pulled the other into a quick kiss before stepping away, lowering his gaze with a hint of shyness.
 
“Are you ready, Kakarot?”
 
Blinking in realisation, Goku nodded, a grin spreading over his face as he bounded to Vegeta's side, separated by a few metres.
 
“It sure has been a while, hasn't it?”
 
Snorting, Vegeta merely raised his arms, waiting for Goku to do the same. In a distant way, he found it hard to accept he was doing this again.
 
He would lose control once more, and deep down, that still was a little daunting. It was the same for the other Saiyan too, but he doubted Goku was as bothered about it. Goku was an open character and had no fear of being overwhelmed, or maybe he already had been by or the humans, at least for a while. A small streak of pride ran through Vegeta; he'd truly brought out a little of Goku's Saiyan side over the time they'd known each other, now he thought about it. Especially during their recent time together- Vegeta could've honestly said he'd never guess Goku has any capacity for aggression beyond fighting, and even then he was usually defensive. He himself? For all his life, he could only trust and rely on himself, not allowing others in, lest they change him. He was all he had for many years and that wasn't going to be tarnished. The first time they fused had certainly been a shock to that system.
 
But he had broken those earrings. For good- there was no way he'd end up like that again. Compared to the proximity of the enforced fusion, the dance was relatively bearable; they still remained separate entities, rather than being forced to merge mind and body in such an intimate manner. When the potara earrings drew them together, Vegeta never remembered fighting against something so hard. Anything to keep his own consciousness by itself; after everything, he couldn't allow it to be engulfed by the cheery Saiyan's. The thought of losing himself in such a way repulsed him even now. It didn't matter that it was Goku; it mattered that it would destroy him, and even change how he thought.
 
Shaking himself free of the thoughts, Vegeta chided himself for his digression. He wasn't ever going to have to deal with those earrings again, so there was no need to bother about them, or Vejito for that matter. Performing the dance was his priority now.
 
Even thought it had happened before, it would still be hard to accept he was part of a singularity with the other Saiyan. At least now, in light of their understanding, it might be a little easier to cope with. He didn't feel quite as vulnerable now; he had progressed and grown as an individual.
 
Frowning a little in concentration, Vegeta discarded his thoughts. His tail had coiled itself around his waist in perfect symmetry with his partner's. Closing his eyes, he felt for the ki of the other Saiyan, making subtle adjustments to his own as Goku met him.
 
There was no outward sign of recognition between the pair, just an instinctive understanding, as they started, moving closer in perfect synchrony. With perfect timing, their arms moved across, meeting at the fingertips and triggering the fusion.
 
A burst of light and a loud crackle ensued as bright orange smoke erupted around them. Instead of fading, it burst outwards, racing from the centre as their surroundings faded away to the orange space of the dragonballs. The entirety of the surroundings cracked up with the sound of broken glass, fractures appearing in space. The stars, which had hung so unreachably in the air beforehand, flew away, gaining distance from the perceived centre and growing fainter as the orange smoke chased after them.
 
Another flash of white light flooded the place, highlighting two smoking bodies being thrown out by the explosion, speeding apart violently. The fractures had grown from becoming hairline breaks to gaping crevices, as the smoke rushed through them. Shards of light broke the orange surroundings, before they overwhelmed entirely, throwing out everything to a blinding, cold white.
 
~~