Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: ME NO OWN.

~*~*~*

Chapter 4

~Bulma's place~

Vegeta drove up the driveway. It had taken them a rather long time to get here. Bulma had remembered that they wanted to spend the night at her place because her parents were out of town, but seeing as Vegeta didn't have the laptop, nor his change of clothes they decided to go to Vegeta's for a short stop. Not wanting his parents to see him in the state he was in-which means bloody, but still at his full able to function- he handed Bulma the keys and told her to go up and get his stuff. He told her that the laptop was already in his room, waiting for him to get it. All she had to do was grab the laptop as well as some clothes, and in the meantime she was not supposed to wake his parents in case they were already asleep.

It surprised Vegeta though that Bulma had taken an entire ten minutes to complete this rather simple task. When he asked her about it she said that she couldn't find his toothbrush, which was a really bad lie. She should have known very well that he has a toothbrush in her bathroom; the same going for his deodorant and razor. But he did not question her. He had some idea what had happened to her along the way. *She must have found my stack of body paint.* Bulma was easily embarrassed about these kind of things. He could not help but smirk at that. She was so innocent.

By now, they had reached the end of the driveway and gotten out of the car. Bulma claimed that her ankle was fine by now, but he could see her flinch with every step that she took. In a way, he was proud of her because she tried to appear strong for him, but then again, he did not like this thought. She had no need to prove herself to him. True, he would do the same, but that was a different story. He was a strong man. It would be silly if he went around crying. For this little vixen though there was no reason to be like this. It would be easy for him to carry her to her room seeing how little and fragile she was. It was a shame that she felt the need to appear strong in front of him. With that decided he went up behind her and scooped her up in his arms. Bulma tried to suppress a shriek when she suddenly lost contact with the ground she walked on. Within a second, however, she knew that it was Vegeta doing this, and to be honest, she felt relief. Her ankle had been killing her, but she didn't want to bother Vegeta since he was not much better off.

"Why?" Was all she could ask in a low whisper. He scowled down at her.

"I saw you flinching. And to be honest, I am not happy with you right now." She was stunned that he would be offended by her actions. In fact, she hadn't even wanted him to notice.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to bother you with it. For once, I wanted you to think that I could handle this." He sighed at what she had said- and the fact that she sounded so sad. It really was her appeal to please him.

"Bulma, I can easily handle carrying you, broken nose or not." Oops. *Bad choice of words Vegeta.*

"I thought you said it wasn't broken!" OK, now she was offended. She didn't have the right to play tough, but he did?!

*Think, Vegeta, think Argh...she's going to kill me now. Oh, wait I've got it! Damn, Vegeta, you're smart!*

"I never said it wasn't broken. I said I wasn't sure of it." There it was. His infamous smirk.

"Oh yes, you did mister! You said you were fine! Once we're inside that house-that is if you ever get the door to open up-I will have a close look at that nose of yours! And there is no getting around it this time!" Vegeta winced at her tone. It was not so much the determination as the fact that she had raised her voice considerably along her triad. *Kami, please let her neighbours sleep through this!"

"Bulma, keep it down, you're going to wake everyone up!" Her eyes widened at his words. She had totally forgot about the fact that they were outside in the middle of the night. Right then, the door snapped open and they stepped inside. Vegeta carried Bulma up into her bedroom and set her down on her bed. When he was about to turn Bulma's voice held him back.

"And just where are you going?"

"The kitchen, woman. I will get you some ice for that ankle of yours. It's pretty swollen from what I've seen. You might want to try prying those shoes from your feet." Bulma's face fell at his words. She hadn't even thought about putting ice on her ankle until now. Why was it that Vegeta seemed to be quicker than her in situations like this? She was supposed to be the genius!

"Oh, uum, since your already going down there would you mid getting a wet cloth? I still need to check your nose."

"I told you my nose was fine, but whatever. You won't shut up before I give in anyway." With that he went downstairs to get the ice and the cloth.

Bulma sighed and let herself fall into her pile of pillows. Then she remembered her shoes and bent forward to get them off. The one on her good foot got off easily, other one though was tricky. Every time she tried to open the latch on the side, the got in contact with the bruise that was forming. After a minute she started to fear that she might need to cut the band holding it together. Finally she succeeded in getting the shoe off, even though it involved many sharp intakes of breath and a pain that could kill. After that she sank back onto her pillows and waited for Vegeta to return.

He returned only a few moments after that. He was glad to see that the offending pair of high heels had left Bulma's feet. Personally, he could not understand why women wore something that uncomfortable at all. The other observation that made him sigh slightly was that the swelling seemed to go back since the shoe had been removed. He walked over to where she lay sprawled out on her bed waiting for him. His body reacted to that thought in a way he had never considered possible when referring to her. *Ah well, hormones.* She did kinda make a few naughty comments on the dance floor. IT wasn't his fault at all. It would vanish soon. Right now, her had more pressing matters to attend. He sat down beside her, gently putting the ice on her ankle. He winced inwardly as he heard her sharp intake of breath.

"I'm sorry:" He muttered. It was a rare occasion when he said something like 'sorry', therefore Bulma was rather surprised to hear him say that.

"But what for Vegeta? There is absolutely no reason for you to think or even say that!" He looked at her with a serious face.

"It was my fault. If I hadn't felt the need to toy with that girl, no one would have been hurt tonight. Especially you, since you had nothing to do with it. And because of that...I'm sorry." Bulma sighed.

"Vegeta..no...Vegeta, look at me. There you go..." She took his face between her hands. " It. Is. Not. Your. Fault. The guy hit you. How were you supposed to know that this would happen? You weren't. The reason we go to clubs is to hit on people. That's all you did...I assume...and therefore it is her fault, or her brothers, for reacting that way. There really is no need to be sorry." Bulma used her triad to have a close look at Vegeta's nose, and therefore was able to see what he didn't want her to see.

"Alright woman, you win. But I still am sorry that you got hurt." That said Vegeta returned his attention to her ankle.

"Oh, and Vegeta...about that nose of yours: we are going to the hospital tomorrow. Not, but's and if's! Now hand me that cloth so that I can clean your face." Vegeta didn't know if you should sigh or smirk. Sigh, because she caught on his lie about his nose, or smirk because she was smart enough to do it so subtly that he didn't even notice. So he just handed her the cloth and let her do the cleaning. After that they decided to watch a movie, but neither managed to stay away though the whole movie. Once during the night Vegeta woke up and adjusted the blanket around them. When he did that, he couldn't help but notice how angelic Bulma looked when asleep. With that thought lingering on his mind, he went back to sleep, while unconsciously pulling Bulma closer.

~*~*~*~*~*

That's it for this time. For all of those who hoped to find them getting together, I apologize, but I didn't feel like it should take part in this chapter. I can promise thought that I have it planned to happen in either the next chapter or the one after.

Please don't forget to review! The reviews keep me going!

MORE REVIEWS = FASTER UPDATE

If you want to ask or suggest something, don't hesitate to email me! email: silverrain145@yahoo.com

Until next time, SilverMoon