Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A special thanks to my*faithful* reviewer! You should know who you are!

Disclaimer: How many more times do I have to tell you... OK, OK, don't shoot me...Never owned it, never will.

~*~*~*~*

Chapter 9

*Satan City, Downtown*

"...so this is what I can offer you." A man in his forties with a dizzy appearance finished his little speech. Vegeta sat on the other side of the desk listening intently. This man was promising him the future he had always dreamt of. After a pause of thinking Vegeta answered truthfully.

"This deal sounds too good to be true. Where's the catch?" Vegeta let his famous smirk play as he eyed the producer closely. Yet, the man didn't seem nervous. Even on the contraire, he gave an amused chuckle. He stood from his chair and moved over to where Vegeta sat.

"Mr. Ouji, or may I say Vegeta--" he received an agreeing nod,"--Vegeta, that's the great thing. There is no catch!" The man was gesturing wildly with his hands, and had a beaming smile on his face. Vegeta frowned.

"I don't trust this. You want to give me a record deal that includes pretty much everything I dreamt of. You promise me success as if it was a given. How can you be so sure?" Vegeta looked at the man quizzically. Something just didn't smell right. Again, the man laughed.

"Oh, Vegeta, of course you are going to be successful. Did you hear how you sounded when he had you sing in there. You were awesome! It is hard to find someone as talented as you are who then got the fantastical looks too. You have this bad boy, rocker image. The women are just going to love you! You are going to sell, I just know it."

And again, all Vegeta could do was frown and sigh. So this was the reason they wanted him so bad? He had the looks that drove women crazy and they wanted to make money of it. But what if he didn't want it that way. He had to consider Bulma in this.

"So, Mr. Saeki, what you are trying to say is..." He motioned for the man to continue.

"Well, we would have a great promotion tour for you. About three months I would guess. Interviews, gigs, photo shootings. If you make the women want you, and the men like your music you've it going." Mr Saeki paused when he saw Vegeta cringe at that.

"Vegeta, don't you like the idea of women drooling all over you? I never met a men you was opposed to that idea? Or do you like guys? Is it that? We could work that to your advantage as well..." Vegeta grew more agitated and more frustrated with the second. He had to put a stop to this now.

"NO. I don't, I repeat, I don't like guys." A short pause. "I already have a girlfriend, and just to let you know, I'm not giving her up for some hussies." Vegeta took a deep breath and tried to calm himself. Mr Saeki seemed slightly taken aback. After a moment he smirked and said.

"Well, we could work with that too. I guy like you probably has a beautiful lady at his side, why don't we use her for your advantage. She could help you melt the public's heart. " It was jus a suggestion. A new approach to building a career, Mr Saeki was aware of that, but also something worth a shot.

Vegeta gazed at his with his intense black eyes. True, Bulma could melt everyone heart. The people loved her, but he would feel as if he had used to get where he wanted to be. And even more importantly, Bulma wanted to get away from the spotlight. If she had to bear it on public occasion for him, he would not have her do it the rest of her life. They would draw too much attention as it was already.

Vegeta answered with new found determination in his voice.

"You are right. She is very beautiful and charming. But I don't want her to be my success. I can do it myself. Besides, I know she wouldn't want to do that. You see, she is well-known as it is. I'd rather keep a low profile on this relationship. Therefore I have an idea of my own.

I will work a mysterious person. No one will really know me. Nothing will about my personal life will be put out in the open. I will also work under a different name. Sound good?"

The producer thought about the idea intently. After a moment of thought he decided that Vegeta had given him a great idea. He smiled at the tough boy sitting before him. Most guys who wanted a record deal hardly knew what they were signing when it came so far. This guy however seemed to know what he wanted.

"Alright Vegeta. We'll do it your way. Nobody will know who you really are. Will you sign the contract now?" Vegeta kept his stoic face and nodded. On the inside he was shaking. This was his dream coming true. It was hard to grasp. Vegeta took the pen and signed his name on the contract.

"Here you go."

Vegeta stood and shook the man's hand when he turned to leave man cleared his throat. Vegeta stopped for a moment.

"Just out of curiosity, Vegeta. What is the girl's name?"

Vegeta smirked. "You really would like to know, don't you. Too bad, I can't tell you. See next week." And with that he left the office. Once he got in his car he let a huge smile graze his lips.

He had done it. He had gotten a record deal.

~*~*~*~*~*

*Sometime later at Bulma's house*

Bulma was in her room getting a few dvd's when the doorbell rang. She ran down the stairs, opening the door with a lot more force than necessary.

"Where were you?!?!" She was angry, concerned and out of breath. Yet, she still could yell at him for making her feel all this.

Vegeta was leaning against the door frame smirking at her. He pushed himself off the frame and was about to hug Bulma a give her a quick kiss when he heard someone else coming. So instead the above, he snarled at her.

"None of your damn business, woman." Bulma looked shocked to say the least. She was about to explode when she noticed Goku coming into the room.

"Hey Vegeta! We've been waiting for you to start the movie, but Bulma said we should wait."

"Well, good that I'm here then." Vegeta replied with a big smirk on his face.

Bulma turned to Goku as she was closing the door.

"You know, you guys can start the movie now. I'll get the snacks, and I'm Vegeta is just dying to help me since he wasn't on time." Her voice was dripping with sarcasm, which made of guys groan inwardly. Bulma was not easily dealt with when angry. Goku left to do as Bulma had told him, but not before mouthing Vegeta a 'good luck' which he deliberately ignored.

In the kitchen Vegeta was glad to be alone with Bulma. Once he made sure that no one was in sight he hugged Bulma from behind and pulled he into his chest, as he was starting to place small kisses on her neck Bulma remembered that she was still mad at him and wiggled out of his grasp.

"Vegeta, stop it!" She hissed through clenched teeth, so that her friends wouldn't hear her.

Vegeta immediately let go of her, slightly shocked that her reaction would be this.

"What do you mean with 'stop it' ?" He asked dumbly.

"Exactly what I said. I'm raging mad at you!" She told him with her finger poking his chest. Vegeta furrowed his brow.

"Why are you so mad? I was merely twenty minutes late. It's not that big of a deal." Was his reply and a shrug of his shoulders.

"Not that big of a deal!?!?" Bulma was going crazy.

"You don't call. You don't answer your cell. Nobody knows where you are. And you say it's not that big of deal!?!??! Vegeta, someone could have killed you! What is ... " Suddenly Bulma broke of her tirade and a look of hurt flashed across her face. Before that Vegeta was slightly amused, but now he was just scared what that head of hers was thinking. So he just kept watching her intently. She then said the words he thought he would never hear her say. And he gasped.

"You were cheating on me, weren't you?" She couldn't even look him in the eyes as she said it.

Vegeta was burning with rage. He was about to yell at her for being so stupid, but just in that moment, Chichi entered the kitchen.

"What is taking you guys so long." Chi could tell that the tension was thick the moment she walked in, but Vegeta had already spotted her when she was about to turn away.

"We're just discussing something. About the science project." Vegeta replied to her, while Bulma studied the floor intently.

Chichi mouthed and 'OK'. She just wanted to get out, and fast at that. She just grabbed a couple of drinks made her way out.

When she was gone Vegeta turned back to Bulma. She was still studying the tiles of the kitchen floor. Vegeta's anger had disappeared however. This had just happened to her one to many times.

Instead he took her face him his hands and caressed her cheeks. Her eyes were bloodshot. She was about to try. She tried to look away, but he wouldn't let her.

"Look at me." He demanded in a firm, yet gentle voice. She just had to obey.

"I would never do anything as dishonorable as that. Don't ever think it again." His voice lacked all warm emotion. It sounded like an order. Bulma could see through it though. She had hurt him as well with those words. She had hurt him by not trusting him.

"I'm sorry, Vegeta. I don't know where that came from. Probably hormones." She hugged him close and kissed him on the lips. Vegeta put his hands on her hips and nuzzled her neck. He than softly told her to join the others.

"They are probably wondering if we're still alive." Bulma giggled at that, but she moved away from him into the living room where the others watched movies. Vegeta stayed a moment behind, but followed her. They sat down on the couch at watched movies with the rest of their friends. Half-way into the third movie Bulma snuggled closer to Vegeta, who sadly only had his arm around her shoulders. He was delighted when he felt her trace little patterns on his stomach, and after a affirmative glance around he saw that people were either asleep or making-out wildly. He wasn't so happy however, when he heard Bulma ask him something, even though she was using her seductive voice.

"So, where were you earlier? You never told me..." She trailed of as she licked his earlobe. As much as Vegeta just wanted to join in a make-out session he just chuckled.

"I'm not telling. Besides, do you want me to grope you when everyone can see you? I don't mind, but our cover would be blown." He smirked as he saw an evil glare cross Bulma's features. She 'humped' and turned away from him pouting. Her arms crossed over her chest.

Vegeta simply laughed and pulled her closer to himself.

*~*~*~*~*

OK, we're making progress there. I had something absolutely different planned for this chapter! I guess that has got to be moved to the next chapter than. At least we got one new aspect to the story...

Vegeta's career. What's up with that? HUH? Any ideas? If you guys have any song suggestions, let me hear them! The more votes I get the better!

Anyway, Leave me a review, no matter what you thought!

And don't forget to...

REVIEW!!!

~SilverMoon