Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Unbelievable, isn't it? I updated! Thank you for the reviews! I promise I'll finish this story. There's only a few chapters left. I hope you'll stick with me until then.

 

 

 

Chapter 17

 

 

 

 

The atmosphere was dark. Dr. briefs was sitting on a red plush chair in an old-fashioned office, which reminded him a lot of his dad's study back in the old days. But this wasn't the time to wallow in memories. He had more important issues at hand, namely saving his daughter's life. Harry returned to reality finding that the door behind him was just about to open. He turned around just in time to see his old friend Sean enter the room. The elderly man gave him a smile and reached out for his hand. Harry gladly returned this friendly gesture.

 

"It's good to see you again, my old friend. What is it that brings you here? You sure wouldn't call me in such a haste if everything was going alright."

 

Harry's smile morphed into a light scowl as his friend-touched topic of his worries. He sat back down on the plush chair as his Sean moved on the other side of the desk and sat down on his chair. Sean was known to be a professional in every sense of the word. And he always cut down to business right away. In this case certainly a plus since every passing minute put his daughter into even grater danger.

 

"Well, Sean, you see I tell you this, but I was going to call you anyway. Then again I might have put it off if this hadn't happened. Sean, someone is threatening Bulma."

 

Harry looked into his friends face to catch some kind of reaction, but as was to be expected, the professional kept his poker face straight. This urged Harry to continue on.

 

"There was this employee of mine a few years ago…Bulma didn't get along with him at all. He hated that a mere child could outdo his wits and tried to get to her back than. I thought if I simply kicked him out he would get over it and move on. But things turned out differently. I'm sure you have seen Bulma's face all over the news lately. Let me assure you, my daughter is in no need to have an arranged marriage with the heir to the Ouji Empire nor did she get herself knocked up. This guy, as it turns out, has returned to make her life a living hell, and Bulma is very fragile when it comes to things as her face in the news. And if it was just that, I'd tell her to toughen up and face the real world, but that's not the issue. The problem is that this guy is trying to kill her slowly from the inside out. It's been tow weeks now, and we have figured out that he knows roughly about Bulma's whereabouts, how only God knows. I thought I had an idiot proof plan to get her away from here…Sean, I need you're help."

 

Sean had watched the enraged father as he told the story about his daughter. It had been clear as the day to Sean that there was something wrong about the story when he read it in the paper. And now, this…

 

"So, I suppose you want me to find this guy and get him…some rest."

 

 

Vegeta sighed when his dreams of a peaceful waking up with his girlfriend in his arms was shattered by the ringing of his cell phone.

Hadn't he remembered to turn it off? Who was calling him in the first place? No one who knew this number was supposed to call him until Gero was out of the way.

Tiredly Vegeta finally decided to pick up the phone since now Bulma started waking up from the noise made by the phone

 

While rubbing his eyes he pressed the green answer-button.

 

"Who's there?"

 

"Vegeta, you have to get your girl and get the fuck away from where you are! This guy knows where you are!"

 

"WHAT?!?!" Vegeta was up within a spilt second.

 

"You heard me! Do whatever you have to do and get out of there! I already called the local police via screen phone. Now get you're woman and get out of there. I'll call you again…don't call me…" And with that the line went dead.

 

Vegeta was frantic. How had Gero found them? And how did Jay know about it? There were a ton of questions that had to be answered, but Vegeta knew that he had to do what Jay had told them. They had to get out of the mansion.

He turned over to where Bulma lay on the bed, tucked in between a ton of sheets, sleeping as is nothing could ever harm her. She looked utterly beautiful, but now was not the time to remise about her beauty. Frantic in his actions he shook her that she woke with a start.

 

"What is it Vegeta? You look disturbed…" Bulma couldn't finish her thought as Vegeta, running back and forth started packing their clothes.

 

"What is going on here? Where are we going?" She as up now and following Vegeta's every step like a toddler would his mommy.

 

"I got a call. We have to leave." He was short with her. How could he behave differently when his had to find Bulma's underwear within moments?

 

Bulma was absolutely confused. What could she do? Vegeta seemed seriously busy. She didn't want to get in his way, since he seemed to need his full concentration.

 

 

"What about Raditz and Nappa?" Vegeta stopped for a moment. He hadn't even thought of them. And to be honest, he didn't really care either. Still packing he replied her.

 

"I don't have time to confront them. Their grown policemen. I'm sure they'll be fine, but we have to get out of here…What are you still standing there? Get dressed!"

 

Bulma felt the tears sting in her eyes. Vegeta scared her. Why didn't he tell her what was happening.

As he looked at her he saw her tears. That's not what he wanted. He stopped yet again and embraced her.


"Hun, please trust me. It is important that you trust me now. OK?" He took her chin in his hand and made her look at him. Trying not to cry anymore she nodded and moved away from him so she could get dressed. If she couldn't trust him with her life than whom could she trust?

 

She was changed in moments and Vegeta had already closed the curtains and checked if someone was in the hallway. Seeing nobody Vegeta turned towards his girlfriend and motioned for her to follow him.

 

Trying to make no noise Bulma left the room behind Vegeta how carried the bag with most of their belongings. It was in the middle of the night as of now, and Vegeta wasn't sure if that was a good thing.

 

The night could give them security because they wouldn't be seen easily, but neither could Gero. First, they had to get out of the house though. They were just about to slip around a corner onto the stairs when a light on the other side of the hallway went on. It had to be Raditz. No one else would be on that side of house right now. Vegeta cursed under his breath and made a sprint for the next door, dragging Bulma behind him into the room. When he looked around the room he noticed that they were in a spare bathroom.

 

"I think he's gone." Bulma interrupted his thoughts at a welcome moment. They had to get going. Time wasn't on their side right now.

 

Vegeta opened the door slowly and walked checked outside. Upon seeing an empty hallway he took Bulma's hand and made their way to Raditz car that was parked in front of the house.

 

He threw the bag in the trunk and opened the driver's door. Bulma was already sitting on the other side of the car, leaving him to drive. When Vegeta was already backing out of driveway Bulma decided to ask what had been on her mind ever since they left the room.

 

"Do you know where we're going?"

 

Vegeta glanced at her not sure how to answer that question.

 

"Well…I guess as far away as we can get with this car. Try to sleep. I'll wake you up when we get there." Bulma frowned. She had a bad feeling concerning this whole ordeal.

 

 

 

~Back at Capsule Corp.~

 

"You want us to go to Italy? So we can help Bulma? We're not even out of High School! How do you think we should do this?" Goku was very upset with Bunny, who had invited all of Bulma's friends over. He had never thought her that dense.

 

"I got home tutoring for all of you. As long as Bulma isn't alone she will feel better. And on top of that, the journalists will print those horrible Rumors. They could ruin both Bulma and Vegeta. Your friends need you. Please do this for them. Chi, Goku, Krillin, 18…"

 

Bunny looked into the teens' faces and knew that they wanted to help their friend. And she adored them for it.

 

"We'll go." Krillin said, speaking for the whole group who nodded with their heads.

 

 

 

~~

 

AN: Things seem to get a little complicated right now. What will happen to Bulma and Vegeta? And what will their friends do once they find the two lovers gone?

 

Until next time,

 

Faith

 

Don't forget to review!