Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh yes, I'm back from the dead! And I bring you a new chapter! I promise this one is good! We're moving forward in the story! Things get going…Just to let you know, I wrote this chapter over the course of the last two weeks, but most of it got done on a ten hour plane ride. Don't you just hate those? They take forever… Anyway, I hope I still have people looking out for this story, and if you are I'm sorry it's taking me so long to update. Have patience with me, I will finish this story. Something tells me that I will try to round this up in the next five chapters, which probably won't be happening the way I want it to since planned this out as a ten chapter story and now I'm already up tp chapter 16…

So please hang in there for me people, I will write more!

Disclaimer: I still do not own it…

*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 16

They had been sitting out there for a couple of hours when Bulma moved to stand up, yet she had to notice that an arm trapped over her midsection was constrictiong her from doing so. She lazily opened her celurean eyes to find the sun shining so brightly that she had blink a few times to find herself back under the tree where she had fallen asleep the arms of her lover.

As she regained consciousness she observed Vegeta's face as he still slept peacefully. Reajusting in his protective hold she turned so that she could lift her hand and touch his face. Tenatively she traced the lines of his facw with her index finger. When she reached his soft and sensual lips her fingeres lingered there for a couple of moments, remembering all of the passionate kisses that had been shared between the two lovers.

It had indeed been a troubled and passioante relationship from the start. Maybe that was what made it special. Maybe they went through all this drama right now to prove to each other what one was made off. And maybe, just maybe, that was because the two were supposed to be something that was everything but ordinary. Something like true lovers…

Bulma played with that idea on her mind while her fingers where still exploring her lovers velvet skin. She had to smile at herslefwhen she found herself thinking about her relationship with Vegeta as every student in love thought about her special someone.

The man they think they will love forever.

But could she be sure of that? Of course not. It was a foolish idea to think that a high school relationship could last. And then again, this relationship was different from everything that has been heard of. Yes, she thought, with Vegeta everything was possible in an relationship. If they could live through this threat they were fighting right now, who knew what more fate had in store for them. If they made it through that was.

If…

Troubled thoughts started hovering over Bulma's head like a dark cloud that would not grant her a ray of sunshine on her birthday. What if Gero managed to get her killed. Or even worse, one of her friends, Vegeta or even her family? She envisoned dark man killing everyone she loved. Blood was covering the walls and the floor. Her parents were lying on the ground dead. Her father's body was lying on it's side, dead eyes starring right at her. She could read grief, pain and dissapointment deep within those eyes. The throat was cut, so everything on him was covered in his blood.

Though Bulma tried to pry her mind away from this devistating sight, she could not. Her mind was screaming for her to end this vision, but her doubts and fear were overwhelming her. Whenever she thought she coulkd succeed in thinking of something else she would only find herself invisioning the death of another person close to her, and all of them would blame her for their death. She just knew that she was the one to blame because it was her who had never told anyone about what Gero had said to her. It would all be her fault.

She was the one to blame for this horror.

"What's wrong?"

Bulma jerked out of her nightmare opening the eyes that she had closed, thinking that that way the visions would leave her. Just now, when she heard the voice of her boyfriend was she thrown back into reality. Her eyes opened back into the world that seemed so perfect.

Vegeta looked upon her with worry in his eyes. The distraught he saw in her was giving him the chills. It had been several moments now since she had opened her eyes. Yet she had not said anthing to explain herself; or any kind of reaction at all. He was still waiting. Something had scared her. It had wounded her, he knew that much.

He looked around. Was there anything in the near area that had frightened her? Upon looking around he could not find anything that would suggest that or anything close to it. Everything seemed beautiful and serene. Vegeta furrowed his brow. What could have done this to her?

He drew in a breath and pulled her closer to his body. She did not resist, nor did she make a move closer to him herself.

"Please tell me what's wrong. I need to know so I can help you. Bulma, you have to tell me."

After another moment of recollectiong she finally shifted her gaze to meet his. The love she could see in his eyes made her feel even more distraught. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, so she tried to turn her head into another direction, but Vegeta captured her face in his hand, and caressed her cheek with his thumb, simliar to the way she had done it earlier.

"It's too perfect." She started sobbing as soon as the words left her mouth. When she saw that Vegeta did not understand what he was talking about she sat up and gestured wildly around her.

"Don't you see this place? It's like paradise. The landscape, the people, you…everything. I don't derserve this. Nothing…That is what someone like me should get for what I've done." By now she was standing and running around the property like a crazed woman-which probably resembled her state of mind closely.

Vegeta was yelling after her to come back and that everything would be allright, but who was he fooling. It would take more than a few words to heal the mental wounds that Bulma had sustained since this mind terror had begun. Fortunataly for her she did not know what was happening on the other side of the globe. Vegeta had been in close contact with his friend all along, and thanked the heavens that he and Bulma made their getaway.

*~*~*~*~

~Meanwhile in Japan~

Harry was downright exhausted. How much worse could this get? Seriously. He hadn't slept for three nights straight. He hadn't shaved, showered or eaten propperly. He looked like a wreck. Right now he was sitting at his desk reading a newspaper article with the latest speculation about what had happened to his daughter and her boyfriend. All the press knew was that the two of the had suddenly disappeard from sight and no one knew where they had gone to. Speculation were that they were on a romantic trip into the caribbean, dsome added a planned wedding, and others said that the two had run off because Bulma had found out she was pregnant.

This one newspaper he was reading however had a totally different oppinion, which was way to close to the truth than Harry liked. Of course they wre totally over the top that Bulma had to get away from home because she had a nervous breakdown regarding some stupid mistake she had made a few years back. As they put it, she was running away from her troubles.

Now, of course she wasn't running away, but it was more like her parents sent her away for her own safty. Something about this article, however, made Harry suspicous about the author's source since it mentioned a couple of incients that no one but the family, Gero or the police knew about. The police wouldn't have told anyone since it meant possibly japordizing their case. Meaning that only Gero could have talked to the journalist.

Harry threw the paper back onto the table, for the first time in a few days feeling the need to take a shower and step outside of his house. It was time he talked to a couple of people. One of them being Andrew Mata.

~*~*~-*~*~-*

Goku and Chi Chi were walking along the beach when on this starry night there seemed to be some kind of tension rising within the group. It had been hard on them ever since Vegeta and Bulma were gone.

Krillin had caused a lot of anger and fright when he mentioned that they could be on Dr. Gero's list as well as Vegeta. Of course no one envied Vegeta for having to go into hiding, but Krillin still felt like he and the rest of the gang were in danger too. Goku had tried to calm him down by saying that it was only for distraction anyway that the two had left. Besides Goku knew that Vegeta had taken care of this in his way. Wether Goku liked that or not was another question.

"Chi, you know you shouldn't worry about this so much. It's not healthy." Chichi gave him a puzzeled look for she hadn't said anthing since they had left 18's place.

"You're too quiet."

"Oh…"

"I'm sure those two are just doing fine. I mean, honestly, If they haven't killed each other yet, then what are we to worry about?" Even Chichi had to laugh at that. It was so true, sadly enough. They were, however, interrupted when Goku's cell rang.

"Hello?"

"Goku, it's Jay." Goku looked somewhat confused as to why Jay was so out of breath and frantic sounding. It's not like he was supposed to get himslef into trouble…

"What's wrong, man?"

"You have to contact Vegeta. It's about that Gero guy. He's on their heels. Goku, he KNOWS where they are…"

*~*~*~

Now, ok, That wasn't really a nice way to end this chapter, but I guess that gives it something. And besides, I'm eager to update. I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Love you guys, Faith