Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN:

In case I should still have readers waiting for an update, this is for you:

OK, I know it took me about two months to update this, and really all I can say is...I'm sorry. All lot has happened in those two months, from exams to my birthday and other aspects of life. I wish I could promise you that I'll update more regularly again, but that would be a lie since I won't have time to do so for another two months...I have my last three exams this week, after that I'll be on a class trip and a week after that my summer break starts and I'll be out of the country for four weeks. The time in between will be spend with my boyfriend, so there really won't be time to write another chapter for now. I just want to make one thing sure for now: I WILL continue this fic, and I WILL finish it. Even if I'll only update every other month.

I also have to apologize for the chapter being so short, but I think it brings the main point across, and I really don't have the time to make it longer. I just wanted to give you something to read, and get a chance to explain where I've gone.

Thanks for your time and attention,

Love, Faith

-----

Disclaimer: Me no own.

------

Chapter 15

1 week later

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining at 97° F, and a cool breeze was making it bearable to be outside. Bulma lay at the pool, tanning. Even though it was the perfect day, Bulma could not find it in herself to be happy.

She was bored.

Tanning was the only thing she had been able to do for the past three days. They were at a beautiful mansion in Italy, with great weather, but she was stuck there; by herself. Vegeta hadn't shown his face in those three days. It was simply unfair. Raditz had gone out to buy food, and Vegeta had bribed him to get a guitar. Once Vegeta had gotten his fingers on the guitar he hadn't been seen by anyone.

Why was he ignoring her.She had no idea. It started with them spending every waking moment together. He probably got sick of her face after a few days. And now it was driving her mad. She was left by herself. Sure, she talked to Nappa and Raditz from time to time, but that just wasn't the same as talking to someone her age.

Vegeta would be just fine as someone to talk to, but obviously she wasn't good enough for him right now.

She let out a ragged sigh. What was she supposed to do? It wasn't like she could just ignore that she was by herself, but she didn't want to bother Vegeta either--he was working and she respected that. He would sure return to her as soon as he had enough time for himself, but the way Bulma saw it every minute was one minute too long.

And then she felt sorry. It was all her fault that they were in this predicament. It was her fault that He was in this predicament, even though he really didn't have any part in it back then for she didn't even know him then.

Now, how could she get him to come around again? They say never disturb a working man...but he needed to get out of that room, otherwise they would both die. He'd die of brain fry and she would wilt like a flower from boredom.

Sighing she got up and went inside to get herself a drink. This was just too much for one girl to worry about. First, someone tries to ruin her life, and now that she works on keeping him away, it seems her boyfriend took up the job.

Once she got into the kitchen she found herself in the company of one of her bullies. Raditz sat on one of the chairs at the table and read some kind of magazine, and to top it off he seemed really engrossed in it. Bulma stopped for a moment and raised an eyebrow at him.

She went on to the fridge and got herself a cold glass of water. She gulped it down at once and let out a refreshed sigh. Now it was Raditz turn to raise his eyebrow at her.

"What? Never seen a woman drink some water before??" She snapped at him. Raditz merely chuckled.

"More like never seen you gulp it down like you're a thirsty horse about to drop dead of you don't drink up."

"Hey, I do not look like I'm some freakish horse! I'm just thirsty! And what's with you sitting in the KITCHEN reading some magazine?!? Now, if that isn't weird I don't know what is..."

"Acutally Missy, it is not weird. I'm just here because it's the coolest room in the house. But you still have no excuse. So there." Said a smug looking Raditz as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"Argh, men! That could have come from Vegeta, but you know what?!? I haven't seen him since..." She was cut of by a dark voice from behind before she could finish her rant.

"I locked myself in my room to work." Bulma turned around and gaped at the man she's been craving to seen for days now. All of sudden all her anger had vanished.

"Gods, I thought, I'd never see you again! I was bored out of my mind! We could have at least had some fun together...but leaving me alone, that was just cruel!"

It was then that Vegeta started laughing.

"Onna, you know damn well that I was just working. You could have just taken up work in the lab, as I expected you would...you do know there's a lab here, right?"

Vegeta watched as his girlfriend went from several shades of white to several more shades of red.

"THERE IS A WHAT????? WHY DID NON OF YOU INCOMPETENT FOOLS TELL ME ABOUT THIS?? HUH? I WAS SO BORED, I COULD HAVE INVENTED A NEW ENERGY SOURCE!!!!" Bulma was panting hard when she had finished her rant, all the while ignoring the guys rubbing their ears. Having now calmed down Bulma turned to her boyfriend.

"Care to lead the way?" She asked as she offered her best smile.

After having showed Bulma the way to her lab, and having her fuss about how wonderful equipment the place had, Vegeta decided that it was time to change the subject. He slowly came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her torso.

"You know, I really did miss you while I was in there, but I just had to finish this song." He started to nibble on her earlobe and Bulma let out a sigh of content. It really had been too long since they had seen each other.

Bulma turned in his embrace and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Wait, I still have to show you something." With that he took her hand and led her out of the lab and out of the house. When they reached a tree Vegeta told Bulma to have a seat and went back inside. He returned moments later with his guitar.

"I want you to hear this. It's not a happy song, or a positive love song for that matter, but I still want you to hear it."

Bulma just nodded. She knew that Vegeta was more a Heavy Metal person for that matter, and she sort of liked that music anyway. It wouldn't matter really.

Vegeta positioned himself before her and began to play.

"Somewhere there's speaking

It's already coming in

Oh and it's rising at the back of your mind

You never could get it

Unless you were fed it

Now you're here and you don't know why

But under skinned knees and the skid marks

Past the places where you used to learn

You howl and listen

Listen and wait for the

Echoes of angels who won't return

[Chorus]

He's everything you want

He's everything you need

He's everything inside of you

That you wish you could be

He says all the right things

At exactly the right time

But he means nothing to you

And you don't know why

You're waiting for someone

To put you together

You're waiting for someone to push you away

There's always another wound to discover

There's always something more you wish he'd say

[Chorus]

But you'll just sit tight

And watch it unwind

It's only what you're asking for

And you'll be just fine

With all of your time

It's only what you're waiting for

Out of the island

Into the highway

Past the places where you might have turned

You never did notice

But you still hide away

The anger of angels who won't return

[Chorus]

I am everything you want

I am everything you need

I am everything inside of you

That you wish you could be

I say all the right things

At exactly the right time

But I mean nothing to you and I don't know why

And I don't know why

Why

I don't know"

The song ended slowly. They sat in silence for a minute or two. True, it wasn't a love balled as one would hope after a scenario like that, but it was an awesome song. Bulma nodded her head once, then threw herself at Vegeta. A surprised Vegeta let himself be tackled to the ground for a moment, but soon regained his composure and pushed her off of himself.

"I hope that was a positive response..."

She looked at him incredulously. "THIS, is going to be the next number 1." The horrors of the last few days forgotten they smiled at each other, then leaning into a loving and passionate kiss.

Again, I'm sorry this is so short. The next time around it'll be longer again, but that'll be a while.

-Faith