Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

OK, that chapter took forever to write. Mainly because I'm not sure of where this section of the story will lead us. Secondly, I have tons of work to do right now. Can you say AP's?

This means I won't be updating for about two weeks, or if I can update the chapters will be shorter.

Thanks to all my reviewers! I can finally read my reviews!!! And now that I know what you wrote I feel really delighted!

Jao: There will be juicy stuff in the next chapter. I would have put it in here and made this chapter longer, but I just don't have time for it right now, so I thougth I'd at least update for now...and maybe next week if I get to it. Peace, Faith

*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 14

Bulma stirred in her sleep. Her hair was disheveled, and her head was at an uncomfortable looking angle. She had been asleep most of the flight. Vegeta himself wasn't quiet that lucky. They had been on the plane for way too long now. It had to be the next day by now.

He had been up for hours, and just now he noticed that they were preparing for the landing. He desperately wanted to wake Bulma, so he would have someone to talk to. But he just couldn't do it. She had been exhausted when they got on the plane. They had stayed up for a couple of hours playing cards and watching movies, but then she had fallen asleep. He just couldn't wake her up. Not only would she be bitchy because he woke her up, but he was sure she would be sore and tense for sleeping in such an odd position. They might have had the entire first class to themselves, but that didn't mean that they would be anymore comfortable.

Vegeta sighed. He looked out of the window. The sky was clear and a bright blue. As he looked down he saw rolling hills and beautifully colored forests. It was

obviously fall in this part of the world. Nappa still had to tell the, where they were headed, but from what he could figure from looking outside and judging by the time they had spent on the plane, he was pretty damn sure that they were somewhere over Europe.

Damn the Briefs' for being so careful. They didn't even tell him what airline they were flying with; and the best thing was still that Brief's had hired an extra Japanese flight attendant. All this just to conceal where they were going until they got there. Just when Vegeta wanted to lie back and get some more sleep he heard Nappa move somewhere behind him. To see what the cop was doing he turned around. You could never be suspicious enough of strangers.

Nap pa got out of his seat and moved over to where Vegeta was watching the cop's every move. Taking a seat across the aisle of the teen's, Nappa observed his new 'job'. He was aware that this job wouldn't be easy. Not only was he stuck with a couple in danger of a psychopath, but they were hormonal teenagers, and he could already smell that Vegeta meant trouble.

Vegeta seemed cold and calculated. He was rough, rude and only showed manners to those whom he deemed worthy. Yep, that kid meant trouble. It made it even more amazing how such an egotistic, full of himself baka, managed to sneak his way into the heart of a girl so soft and innocent. Nappa was no fool. He had Vegeta's record checked right away, and what he found wasn't exactly compliments from the president.

Vegeta had been quiet 'active' in his young years, yet he seemed to have claimed down over his High School years. It also seemed that he had separated himself from his old friends--a gang that still kept the cops on their toes.

The guy sitting next to him though, didn't seem to be the guy that belonged to the record he had read. But Nappa had long learned not to trust appearances.

He checked his watch. It was time to get ready for landing; they would be arriving soon.

"Hey kido! We'll be there in ten, you better wake her up." Said the older man nodding his head in Bulma's direction.

Vegeta cringed, then let out a low chuckle.

"There's no way I'm waking her up. I don't feel like being bitched at right now."

Nappa raised an eyebrow at that. Vegeta groaned at the guys reaction.

"WHAT? It's only the truth! She may be my girlfriend and all, but that doesn't mean I'm suicidal."

Vegeta glanced sideways nervously. If she had heard he'd be in for one bashing. Nappa simply laughed at that.

"She's that bad, huh?"

Vegeta shrugged with his shoulders. "Just not a morning person."

Sighing, Nappa made stood up and made his way back to his proper seat, while adding.

"Well, just make sure she wakes up, we're almost there."

Vegeta sighed. He knew Bulma would most likely throw a temper tantrum for being woken up. Shifting on his side, so that he could see her profile he watched her for a moment. It was no use he had to wake her. His left hand slightly caressed her cheek, and he had to crack a smile when Bulma unconsciously lent into the caress. Carefully, he bent over so that he could whisper into her ear.

"Time to wake up, Sleeping Beauty." Bulma stirred lightly, but didn't wake up. Using a little more forward approach he brought his hand down on her thigh and started making little circles with his index finger; he knew she was extremely ticklish there.

Bulma stared to stir some more, and then gave a little groan.

"No, mom, just five more minutes." Came her mumbled reply. Vegeta had to chuckle at her comment; she was just too adorable like this

"Sorry to disappoint you, but your mom's not here." Hearing a deep all too familiar voice next to her, Bulma opened one eye

"Vegeta?" It took a moment until she remembered where she was. She sat up straight and streched.She felt sore all over, and dirty since her hair was messy and she hadn't brushed her teeth since she got up in the morning before she went to school. She felt disgusted. In fact she felt so disgusted that she just wanted to yell at someone. However appealing that idea seemed, so knew that it would raw attention, and that was the last thing she needed. So she settled for whimpering.

"We're still on the plane? Aw, man, that's just not right. " Being upset she heaved a sigh and turned to Vegeta who looked at her with apprehension. Bulma had to chuckle because she knew what he was waiting for: The wrath of Bulma.

"Oh, Vegeta, relax. I might not be in the best mood right now, but being woken up by you is better than some stinky old male. *cough*Nappa*cough*. Although I really do feel sore..." As she trailed of Vegeta let out a sigh of relief.

"Alright, that's good. No blowing up at Vegeta today. I like that." He made a small pause to see if he just got her mad and ran out of luck, but she was just snickering at him.

"We'll be landing in like five, so you better get ready to get off this thing. I still don't know where we are exactly, but it has to be Europe. I guess we'll have a nice time here."

Bulma looked out of the window and gasped. "Vegeta, I think I just figured out where we are..." She trailed of still in awe. Vegeta furrowed his brow. The last time he had looked outside, there had been nothing but trees. And now, that he looked again, there was an entire city.

"Look, over there." Bulma pointed towards a building that he could only describe as awe inspiring. And that it finally snapped.

"This is Rome..." Vegeta plopped back down in his seat.

"Took you quiet some time to figure that one Veggie." It was unbelievable how slow one could be once, and yet how smart the person could be sometime else.

"You know, all we have to do now is get married and make this our honeymoon." Vegeta snickered at the idea. He had never thought about getting married. He was still way to young for that, but really, her parents always talked about honeymoon's and Rome in one sentence.

Bulma starred at him. With fear. "You don't think my parents would...no of course they wouldn't..." She started chewing on her nails, not so sure anymore what her parents would and would not do.

Vegeta looked content rated in front of him, starring without focus. "No, they wouldn't. I mean, we just started dating and all...Right?" He turned to look at Bulma, who had a hard time trying not to laugh at Vegeta's face that almost screamed for help. She took a deep breath.

"Right."

*~*~*~

After a few minutes the plane touched down. It was a smooth landing, and Bulma was thankful for it. Not because she was afraid of flying. No, it was because she was afraid that she would look even more disheveled after a hard landing.

A minute or two later the door opened and Nappa lead them off the plane. Out of safety reasons they were instructed to wait off to the side of the gate. They had hardly reached their meeting spot when a tall man with spiky, black hair approached them. Nappa stepped forward and greeted the man as if the was an old friend of his. The men talked for a while until they turned towards the teens, who were waiting a little to the side of the others.

The man came closer to them and reached out his hand. He had a small smile on his face and looked nice enough.

"I'm Lt. Purrie. I will be your second bodyguard. You might be wondering why a Japanese man, like me, could end up in Italy. Well, if you do, just know, it doesn't matter. Anyway, please call me Raditz." Said the man shaking both teenagers' hands.

"Umm, alright I'm Bulma, and that's Vegeta." She said pointing towards her boyfriend.

"It would be better if you didn't give him any nicknames though, he gets kinda cranky sometimes if you do."

Vegeta was clenching his fists. "Bulma, will you please shut up! I can talk for myself, thank you. Anyway, Raditz, if you do so much as cross me you can pick yourself up from the street, if ya know what I mean." Said Vegeta while cracking his knuckles. The tall cop looked in awe as the small 'boy' threatened him. Something like this had never happened to him before. Never.

"Right...Well, let's just take you to the mansion. You guys must be dead tired."

Bulma slumped slightly against Vegeta's shoulder, who in turn put his arms around her.

Vegeta smirked and chuckled.

"My, you slept the entire flight. How can you be tired already?" He asked in a mocking way.

Bulma playfully hit his shoulder. "You're an ass Vegeta. No matter if I slept or not, it was hella uncomfy. I'm sore all over." The statement was hardly above a whisper. She sounded so miserable that Vegeta felt almost sorry for her. Almost.

He rubbed her shoulder to give her some comfort, but he knew she was just plain exhausted from the mental stress going on. Oh, all the things he did for her...If she only knew what she did to him.

The group of four had started moving towards the exit. The adults were walking in front of the teens. One of them would turn around from time to time to see if they were still following, but mainly, let the couple to themselves.

Vegeta sighed. "Let's make a deal. If you can make it to the mansion without complaining anymore I will give you a thorough massage. Sound Good?" He asked his girlfriend, who by now had trouble standing. When she heard his words though, she seemed to lighten up.

"A whole body massage?" He asked with a sparkle of wonder in her eyes.

"Yes." She had a beaming smile on her face now. Who wouldn't love to be stuck with him.

"No more complaining! Ha, Vegeta, you don't know what you've gotten yourself into!" She said with a superior smirk.

"Oh really? Did I? I think your the one in trouble. I mean, how much longer til we get there?"

Vegeta had a mischievous glint in his eyes that sort of scared Bulma. Afraid of the answer she tapped Raditz on the shoulder. He turned around to see what she wanted.

"Ummm, Raditz, how much longer til we get there?" She tried to sound as innocent and nonchalant as possible, but Vegeta could see right through her.

"Oh, only two more hours." Dismissed Raditz with a wave of his hand. Bulma stood dumbfounded as her jaw went slack. Vegeta who had kept walking was snickering at her expression.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ONLY TWO MORE HOURS????" Bulma's screeching caused Vegeta to cringe at the noise. Damn, didn't she know that this hurt his ears?

"Woman, will you stop your screeching. It hurts." Vegeta was rubbing his ears so that the pain would ease of, but to no avail.

The two cops had slowly turned around to observe the rabid female they would be spending the next, let's say, two weeks with. Nappa gulped unconsciously while Raditz stood still, his face in a scowl. Had he been a lesser man, he would have been running in fear, but the way things were. he went up to her and snatched the front of her shirt.

"Damn, stop drawing attention! This is for your own sake. Now, let's go!" With that Raditz turned on his heel and headed out of the airport. Vegeta was rubbing his temple, but then he saw Bulma starring at the floor as if she would be crying any minute. We went over to her and grabbed her arm, so that he could lead her out. She didn't object in the least.

"I'm sorry, Vegeta. I don't..." She was cut of by Vegeta's hand on her shoulder.

"It's alright. You're exhausted. Let's just get out of here. We'll talk some other time." Bulma simply nodded and let herself be let out of the airport. This time with those guys would be hell. She just knew it.

*~*~*~*~

OK, there's another update. Not much happening here, but I needed to set the scene and introduce Raditz. I really didn't have a lot more time to spare. Next time there will be more action going on. I promise!

~Faith