Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

See, the update didn't really take that long, but just to remind you: More reviews = faster update !

Disclaimer: Do I have to say it? *Sees a frying pan coming her way* Alright, I'll say it: I don't own anything DBZ related! Just to let you know

this is the last disclaimer I'm going to write, meaning that this one refers to all future chapters as well.

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 13

Last time:

Turning towards him with a grief-stricken face she turned towards him. "Yes. I know him. And I know what he wants." She said as she turned back to the rest of people in the room.

The lawyer looked at her expectantly. "And what is that Bulma?"

"Revenge."

*~*~*

It seemed that the temperature in the room fell a couple of notches. Everyone looked at her with blank expression. Bulma turned to her parents her head lowered, studying the floor.

"You both know him. He worked for CC..." Bulma trailed off. It was hard to belief that her worst nightmare had come true. Bunny gasped, while Dr. Briefs started rubbing his forehead.

"That's impossible Bulma, I remember everyone who worked for me. Even if it was only for a month." It was hard to believe that a man who worked for CC would come back to hurt the company.

"I think you just wanted to forget him dad. It was a big scandal for you. We were lucky that the media never heard of it." Her voice was small and she seemed on the brink of tears, again.

Then Bunny gasped again. "Oh my god, I remember him now. Harry, it was the guy that said Bulma had stolen his ideas! He's a maniac!" Bunny said in a agitated voice. She didn't like the thought of that man being back one bit.

Dr. Briefs shook his head.

"Unfortunately, I do remember this man. He was a hard working dedicated man, but he couldn't take it, that you had an idea for that improved laser gun before him. From that day on he started sabotaging your work. He was a threat to you." The lawyer took his chance to pipe in right there.

"And it seems that this threat is back. Now, I will call the police and tell them to get this guy into lock down."

Bunny was devastated. "But how is this possible? What else does he want? He got huge reparations after we made him leave. Shouldn't he be happy?"

Bulma shook her head. She had dreaded this moment for the past six years. She glanced at Vegeta, who had been quiet ever since she had revealed who the man was. He must be angry that he got into this mess, although he has nothing to do with it.

Facing her parents once again she spoke up. She hoped this wouldn't hurt her parents too much.

"Mom, Dad, there is something I never told you. Before this man left the compound permanently he returned to my lab once more. He told me that he would come back for revenge. To ruin my life, as he said it." Her voice was just above a whisper, laced with fear. She closed her eyes, to keep the tears from welling over.

"At first I was afraid. I feared that he would come back for a long time. I had just stared to hope that maybe he had given up. That he would leave me alone, but I guess he just waited for the right moment." She opened her eyes to see the disappointed faces of her parents.

"Why did you tell us?" Her father inquired with a slightly angered, but still moved voice.

"I don't know." It was all she could say. It was the only truth she knew. Why hadn't she told her parents? She couldn't be to sure.

Once again The lawyer felt like he had to take over the conversation.

"Is this man after your life as well, or your reputation solely?" He asked as he stated to take notes.

"I honestly don't know. But I do know that he scares me. I want him as far away from me as possible. " She said with a determination that made it clear to Vegeta that he'd have to tell Jay to do more than just threaten that guy.

The Lawyer furrowed his eyebrows. He then motioned to her parents with one hand as he spoke.

"Does that mean they are in danger as well?"

Bulma thought the question over carefully. She couldn't be a hundred percent sure, but she could make an educated guess. Therefore she decided to phrase her answer carefully.

"I can't be sure, but I don't think he would hurt them. No, He admires my parents too much to do anything like that. They even gave him lost of money and a great recommendation after he accused me of stealing his ideas. I'm the one he blames." The lawyer nodded in understanding. After a moment of thought he motioned towards Vegeta and asked the question again.

"Does that put him in danger then?" Bulma lifted her head and looked at him, then she ashamedly turned her away and focused on the wall.

"Yes." She said in a half-sob. The lawyer simply nodded and Vegeta closed his eyes in frustration.

After he lawyer sighed, he spoke up with new confidence.

"Well, you see this is going to be more complicated than we thought at first. This man is dangerous, not only to you, Ms Briefs, but also to your boyfriend and Capsule Corp.. This man seems to have planned this for a long time, so I have to tell you that you have to go into hiding, both. " As he finished he saw Vegeta's brow twitch.

"I will not hide away like some coward. If this man wants to get Bulma, he has to get past me first. We're not..." He was rudely cut off as Dr. Briefs made his decision.

"Vegeta! This man is right. You don't want to put Bulma in danger because of YOUR pride, now do you? You will do what this man says. Protect her yes, but do it somewhere where he won't find you in the first place."

Vegeta wanted to yell at the man, but he could see the reasoning behind it. True, he wanted Bulma save more than anything else.

Letting out a ragged breath, he agreed.

"Fine. And where do we go?" And then again, Dr. Briefs had this certain dangerous sparkle in his eyes.

"Let me worry about that."

*~*~*~*~*

"And he won't tell you where he's sending you two off to?" Asked Chichi as she sat on Bulma's bed with her friends sulking. Chichi sat on the right side of the bed, Vegeta on the left and Bulma in between them.

The others had decided not to come along since it would seem suspicious if a 3 to four cars with teenagers would drive up in front of CC right now.

*flashback*

Chichi had reached the house about five minutes ago and Bulma and Vegeta had just been explaining what had been planned for them. Chichi smiled at her friends. They really were a cute couple--and who thought that Vegeta would be cuddly type?

Chichi still sported a light blush on her cheeks from when she had entered the her friends room. She had been aware that they were in there together, but she had forgotten what couples tent to do behind closed doors.

Being her naive self she had only knocked once and walked straight in. Luckily for the three of them she still had to round a small corner to spot

her friends sitting up on the bed. She didn't miss however Vegeta's hand retreading from under Bulma's shirt.

On her way over to the bed, Bulma send a beaming smile and a rather high-pitched 'Hi'. Vegeta simply grunted and sported a slight blush, probably hoping that she hadn't seen anything.

She decided to play along since she didn't want her friends to be uncomfortable about it. It really wouldn't be nice to add to the list of 'discovered-making-out-with-my-secret-lover'. So Chichi simply smiled and sat down next to Bulma. It was almost ridiculous though, since the bed covers were very messy and Bulma was slightly panting, and Chichi tried hard not giggle.

It was more than obvious that her friends had been in a heavy make-out session when she walked in. All Chichi could do was thank the gods that they had had their clothes on.

*end flashback*

"Chichi, he won't tell us anything. He says it's too dangerous because someone could have tapped the phone. Oh well, we know that we're not taking the private jet since that one could easily be shot down. It's harder on a public plane." Bulma said mocking her father's voice.

Vegeta chuckled coldly at this.

"At least we could convince him to let us stay together. The nerve of that man. No offense, Bulma, but that must have been the stupidest idea he's ever had." Vegeta said in a rather observing tone.

Bulma playfully slapped him on his chest. "Be nice, Vegeta. Any other father would have killed you for smooching with his only child on the front page of the paper."

Vegeta mumbled something indecipherable and crossed his arms across his chest. Chichi had watched the exchange and decided not to get involved into their bickering.

"Why didn't he want you guys to stay together?" Chichi asked in a surprise voice, but felt seriously dumb as two heads spun towards her and simultaneously raised an eyebrow.

"Having a blonde moment, Chi?" Asked a snickering Bulma.

Once again Chichi was sprouting a bright red blush. When Bulma and Vegeta kept the pose she at first started sputtering incoherent sentence fragments until she started laughing loudly.

And the eyebrows rose even higher up.

"Oh my God! You guys are unbelievable! I think one is rubbing off on the other. It's too funny.

Bulma and Vegeta looked at each other and nodded. On the count of there, which was mouthed by Vegeta, both took a pillow and started attacking Chichi with it.

After only a few minutes they had Chichi begging for her life and it had been a lot of fun to do this to her, but as always, at one point another, Bunny had to call them down.

The two lovers groaned that their fun had been ruined while Chichi sent a silent thank you, to any god that was listening to her.

The three of them trotted downstairs and into the living room to find Bulma's parents and funny looking policeman waiting there for them.

"Hello, I'm Bulma. And this is my friend Chichi, and my boyfriend Vegeta. I guess you are the babysitter?" Bulma introduced herself, but the last part of the statement was dripping with sarcasm.

The man simply chuckled and shook the hand that Bulma had kindly offered.

"I'm Nappa. Nice to meet you. And yes, I'm the bodyguard." He said in a kind, yet determined voice.

Vegeta looked around the room.

"Wasn't there supposed to be a second bodyguard?" The three of them took a seat on the couch opposite of the adults.

"There will be a second one. He will be joining is at our destination. I suggest you two go pack now. The flight leaved in two and a half hours. We're leaving in half an hour. Do you need me to drive you home so you can pack,...Vegeta?" Asked Nappa. He seemed like a rough, but nice man to Bulma. She hoped the other one would be similar. She smiled a little when she saw that Vegeta smirked at the question.

"No, thank you, Nappa. I have all the clothes I need here." The bodyguard looked a little surprised at that. Dr. Briefs thought that this was a subject that should better be explained to the man next to him since the Vegeta's statement could mean quiet a few things. Vegeta sighed and looked at her. She shrugged with her shoulders telling him that she couldn't help it.

"Vegeta has been regularly coming over here for years now. He pretty much lives here. He's like family to us." And with that sent a warning glare to Bulma and Vegeta.

"Well, I'll better get going. Take care you two." Said Chichi and hugged Bulma close. She simply nodded towards Vegeta.

"I guess we should go upstairs and pack, Vegeta." Bulma decided and dragged him with her. She once again bid Chichi good bye and started up the stairs, Vegeta following close behind.

~*~*~*

*At the airport*

Bulma and Vegeta stood at the gate to board the plane. Bardock had just left them to go to the bathroom, hoping that nothing would happen in those five minutes.

Bulma's parents had come along to see the kids off since they didn't know when they would see them again. In addition to that Dr. Briefs wanted to make sure that they understood how things were going to be from here on.

"OK, Bulma, i think you know what to do. Just make sure not to use your credit cards. They can be tracked. You guys will get off the plane first. Nobody else is going to be in the first class with you expect for Nappa. Nobody will see you. You meet the other agent at the gate. He will get you through customs without trouble. You don't need to go to the baggage claim since you carry your bags in the capsule in your pocket. I've arranged a accommodations in a house far away from civilization--or as far as possible. You will get daily updates on things are going here, so there's no need to worry. So that's it. Wait, Vegeta, can I have a word with you?"

When Dr. Briefs had finished the kids were about asleep. Only when Dr. Briefs called Vegeta over Bulma tensed. Both of them knew what was to come: The infamous 'get my daughter pregnant and die' speech.

So Vegeta went over to Dr. Briefs. When the men stood a few yards away from the women and a reappearing Nappa, Dr. Briefs drew in a breath.

"Listen Vegeta, I know you like her and all, but PLEASE don't sleep with her. I'm aware that this is going to be hard since you'll be around each other 24/7, but please. This isn't the right time. Neither of you are stable right now. I don't want her to do it because she needs comfort. She can get other comfort than that, and you know it. In case of emergency buy her a bucket with chocolate, just don't sleep with her." Dr. Briefs sounded determined.

Vegeta couldn't look at the man for a moment. He stood in front of Bulma's father, his hands in the pockets of his pants, thinking of just what to say.

Finally he sighed and looked at Dr. Briefs with a mix of regret, anxiousness, and fear.

"No." It was a simple answer. Dr. Briefs expression darkened. Vegeta never struck him as someone who would try to get a lay out of a desperate woman, but this statement did it.

"Vegeta..."

"Hold on. I'm not finished." Said Vegeta while putting a hand up to stop Dr. Briefs from talking.

"Harry, you've known me for a long time, and you know I'd never do anything to hurt her. Your family has grown on me over the years, and I respect you like my own father, but I just can't promise you that. No, I'm not going to try to seduce her. That's not me, but if she wants it, I will not deny her."

Dr. Briefs sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He then put a hand on Vegeta's shoulder.

"This is not the answer I had hoped for, but it is honest. I'll take your word that you won't try anything, but just do me one favor. Do NOT, and I repeat, don't get her pregnant."

At this Vegeta smirked.

"Don't worry about that. I wouldn't be caught dead doing so; we don't need another scandal." With that Vegeta walked back to the others and put an arm around Bulma's waist.

"How much longer til boarding?" He asked in a rather impatient tone.

"Actually we were just gonna call you back, so we could go." Nappa answered.

"Let's go then." With one last wave back Nappa, Bulma and Vegeta got on the plane.

*~*~*~*~

And there goes another update. See...no need to worry.

REVIEW!!!

PS: I still can't read the new reviews I've gotten. For some reason only 7 reviews are displayed. Maybe I'm just too stupid to figure it out, but help you be appreciated.

~SilverMoon