Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Guess what! I still don't own it!

*~*~*

Chapter 12

The bathroom door closed with a soft click. Vegeta was leaning against the door, resting his body and mind. Bulma had already reached the sink and was pouring make-up remover on a cotton ball and started cleaning her face. She couldn't stand the way she looked. Her face was puffy from crying, her eyes were bloodshot, and she had stains from her tears on her cheeks. It was hard to believe that Vegeta wasn't running from the sight, she thought. She glanced at him. He was still against the door with his eyes closed. She was wondering what was going through his mind, but she knew not to press--he would only pull back into his shell, and she had worked too hard on getting him to open up the way he did, like earlier in the car, to let him draw back now.

When she was almost done with removing all the make-up from her face Vegeta opened his eyes. He walked over to her, hugging her from behind and nuzzling his head in the crook of her neck. He sighed deeply. Bulma put the cotton ball down and brought her hands over his, which were resting on her stomach. Slowly she started rubbing his hands. He didn't say anything. So, now, she felt was a good time to ask.

"Vegeta, what is it?" He didn't answer her right away. After a moment or tow, her lifted his head out if the crook of her neck and rested his chin on her shoulder. Their eyes locked in the mirror.

"I've just been thinking. About how we didn't deserve that our relationship was made public. Especially like that. It makes me want to haul you over my shoulder and run." He chuckled lightly, readjusting his hold on her, puling her closer. "Bur we've never been the ones to run, now were we. So I thought about how this could have happened. And I have no clue. Bulma, I can't think of one single person who would want to ruin you like this. They weren't out for me, they were bashing you. It makes me so angry.

I don't think it was the record company. He had a great idea for the promotion tour, they didn't know that we're together. So, I keep asking myself, who would have done this? But I don't know. I can't do anything about it. I feel so helpless." He whispered to her. The worry was clearly seen in his eyes. She had never seen him like this. Usually he was so collected and calculated, but right now he seemed to be scared and lost. All she wanted to do was hug him back and soothe him down.

She turned in his arms and cupped his face in her tiny hands. With gentle caresses of her thumbs on his face she got him to relax. He had been as tense as a stone.

"Oh Vegeta. I can't think of anyone who would want to hurt us like this as well, but we'll find out soon. I'm sure the lawyer already has some idea who put the picture there, but I'm scared. I'm so scared that it might have been one of our friends Because I can't think of anyone else who could have seen us yesterday. But they wouldn't do that , or would they?

I don't know what to believe anymore. I just want to be far away form here and now. I want us to find some place where we can live peacefully. Let's just run like you said but no, we're too proud to do that.

I'm just so glad that my parents don't judge us by that. If they had been angry...I don't know what I would have done." She trailed off knowing that he understood every single words she said. He kissed her lightly on the lips, but pulled back before they could deepened the kiss and lose any more time.

"You should do your make-up now. We'll deal with this when we get to the lawyer's office. And I know a few people who would surely like to kick the ass of the guy who did this." He said making his way to the door.

"How do you know those people?" Asked a dumbfounded Bulma. He never talked about this kind of friends.

"From middle school, when I was a punk. They would hurt anyone would was after me or someone close to me. And close to me you are. I'll go downstairs and call Chichi. Meet me in the kitchen when you're ready." He said with a small smirk playing on his lips, knowing that already the next day he would regret being so soft and open all this time.

Bulma simply nodded. She had already taken up on applying eye shadow. She didn't use foundation since her complexion was as flawless as could be.

Vegeta was standing in Bulma's room, pondering where he could call Chichi without being eavesdropped on. He figured that Bulma's 'closet'--it was more like an adjoining dressing room--would probably be the best place. He walked in and took a seat next to a shelve with tank-tops. He had a lot to do. Taking a deep breath he pushed '4' since that was the speed dial for Chichi's cell. He had always wondered why Bulma had insisted that he put Chichi on his speed dial. He knew a couple of people he'd rather put on '4', but Bulma had insisted. She had taken the first five digests and decided who to put where--her house and cell of course taking '1' and '2'. Funny, she decided to have Goku on three instead of any of his old friends. But, whatever, he would deal with this later.

He had let the phone ring for a minute already and was about to hang up when Chichi finally screeched into the phone.

"Hello?" She sounded out of breath. What had this girl been doing?

"Finally decided to answer your cell?" He couldn't really help but be rude to her. She could be such a bitch.

"I had to get away from YOUR fan club for your information. They're going nuts! I tried to tell them that there was an emergency and that you guys were needed there. I don't think they bought it though. How are things going over there?" Chichi surly wanted to know how Bulma was holding up after he breakdown.

"She's alright now. Don't worry she's strong. Her parents didn't kill us, and they don't plan too. Bunny called Mr. Hukamo, so she could excuse us for the rest of the week. I don't know what they have planned, but I trust them." Vegeta hoped that she didn't understand just how deeply he felt for Bulma. It would make him seem...soft. And he was by no means a soft guy. He wasn't anything like Goku; and he would not be compared to him.

"I'm so glad Bulma's feeling better. I will see if i can find something about who took that god forsaken picture, and then I'll stop by after school. Is there anything one of you needs?" Vegeta thought about the question for a moment, but decided that they were just fine.

"No, we have everything we need. But still thank you. For everything." It was hard for him to say thank you and admit that he appreciated their help, but this was an exceptional situation

"That's alright. Is Bulma around? I'd like to talk to her."

"No, she's in the bathroom right now. You'll see her later, and til then she's in good hands. Listen I got to go. See you. " He hung up without waiting for a response. He smirked at the thought of Chichi cursing him out for that insolence. He had to make another call though. He pressed the numbers that a few years back he had dialed all the time, and now this person was someone he rarely ever saw. He knew though, that he old gang was still there for him when he needed him.

"Yes?" A tired voice asked on the other side of the phone line.

"Hey, Jay. Long time no see." Vegeta smirked when he heard a gasp on the other side.

"It truly has been long, Vegeta. What's up?" Vegeta snickered and school his head. Jay must have had another one of his parties.

"Have you looked at the paper yet?" He sobered up. This wasn't for fun and reunion. He needed a favor.

"No, but hold on. It's right...Holy shit, Vegeta. Is that what I think it is?" He could tell Jay was put in a sate somewhere between anger and awe. He had wanted to meet Bulma ever since he had heard that he and Bulma had become friends.

"Yes, that would be a picture of me and Bulma. But wait til you see what they write about her. I need you to do me a favor, Jay."

"Whatever you need, bro."

"I need you to kick that guys ass." Said Vegeta in a voice to dark that it would put Lucifer himself to shame.

"We'll do. You can count on us. Just tell who and where and we'll do it, and nobody will be able to trace it back."

"I don't know who, yet. But be ready. I'll call you back with the info tomorrow the latest."

"Alright, call me when you know. I gotta go now." And just like Vegeta had done earlier his friend hung up on him. Now that this problem was settled he proceeded down the stairs where he would wait for Bulma.

*~*~*~*~*

Bulma came down the stair only moments after Vegeta had sat down at the kitchen table. If he hadn't known how much she had been crying that morning, he wouldn't have been able to tell that something had upset her at all. It was amazing how beautiful she really was.

She took a seat next to him and looked at him expectantly. It took a moment for Vegeta to realize what she wanted and blushed furiously when he fathomed that he had been staring at her. No matter how long her knew her, or how close they were, it still embarrassed him when she caught him in a 'weak' moment. Trying to find back to the subject he answered her unasked question.

"Chichi said there was an uproar at school. Well, she didn't say it like that, but it's what I could gather from a few hints. She's going to come here after school. I guess that means the others will be coming as well." Just then Bulma's parents came downstairs.

"Ready to go kids? Oh, this is going to be fun. When we find out who did this we'll have one hell of a time. He is never going to get a job in this country again." There was an evil glint in Dr. Briefs eyes that chilled Bulma to the core. She had never seen her father that mad.

Vegeta seriously hoped that this look he had just seen wash over Dr. Briefs' face was not what he thought. He gulped. If this man was serious right now, then he make sure to NEVER hurt Bulma. He was sure that her father, whom he had known as a nice and patient man, would hurt anyone who hurt his daughter tenfold. But there was no reason for him to be worried since he had always been on the Briefs' good side.

Both Bulma and Vegeta got up ready to face whatever was to come from now on. As they walked to the car, Bulma grabbed Vegeta's hand and pulled him gently closer. She needed him now. She had to feel him next to her; she needed him more than her parents who were the ones in charge of the whole ordeal. They were helping them through the bureaucratic, yes, but Vegeta was the support her emotions needed right now.

The drive to the lawyer's office was a quiet one. No one wanted to talk about the recent events. They would have enough time to do so when they got to the office. Bulma and Vegeta sat in the back holding hands. From time to time Bulma felt the need to snuggle into Vegeta's strong chest, but she knew her parents would not appreciate that right now. The silence was driving her mad, and she knew Vegeta wasn't happy with it either. At least some music would have made the ride a little less tense. She knew why her parents weren't talking. The lawyer would ask questions about the relationship. To be more direct, she had a feeling he would ask questions about their sex life. And she would tell him it was none of his business.

They had reached the office. Now it was time to face the only friend in this dilemma, and her worst enemy.

*~*~*~*~*

It had been half an hour. And the 'adults' still had no clue how to deal with the problem, nor did anyone seem to know who was responsible for the mess at all. Vegeta's patience was wearing thin by now. He would explode if this went on for another ten minutes. Luckily for the others, the lawyer decided to ask Bulma something instead.

"Ms Briefs, I know this is embarrassing for you, but would you please tell me if we are going to find more pictures like that in the paper in the future?" Bulma was seething at this questions. As ready explode as he was.

"Why, only if you don't manage to stop them NOW!" Oh, she was good. Vegeta decided to keep quiet. It wasn't his fortune that was being dealt with here. He was only here to keep his girlfriend.

"Alright, you see, my assistant has not called me back yet. He is supposed to find the reporter of this article and see if there is more to it than meets the eye. In the meantime Mr Ouji, do mind telling me how the recordings are going?" Vegeta narrowed his eyes on the man. Did he just suggest that he had something to do with this?

"The recordings are going great, seeing that I have lots of talent. And if you ever suggest again that I would do something like that to my woman, then you are sadly mistaken." By now Vegeta's face was inches from the lawyers, and Bulma had to start yanking on his shoulder to have him snap out of it.

"Vegeta, sit down now! I'm sure he didn't mean it like that. Am I right?" She said in a low menacing voice and sent her best death glare in the lawyer's directions, who after Vegeta's outburst had stated sweating profusely.

The older Briefs were standing off to the sidelines, hoping that this would go over well.

"Of course, I never meant anything, Ms Briefs and Mr Ouji." Right then the lawyers phone rang.

"Hello?--Finally.---Uh huh.--Alright, I'll ask them right away." The lawyer ended the call and turned back to his clients.

"Well, it seems we have found the person who is responsible for this. The reporter who saw you yesterday was sent by someone else. As you assumed, Mr Ouji, the reporter was the man who interviewed your friend's father. But he was sent by someone else. What was the name again...Dr. Gero. You don't happen to know him?" He lawyer trailed off.

Bulma's parents shook their head 'no', Vegeta look around confused, and his eyes settled on Bulma, who was once again a ghostly shade of white.

"Bulma", he whispered, "do you know that man?"

Turning towards him with a grief-stricken face she turned towards him. "Yes. I know him. And I know what he wants." She said as she turned back to the rest of people in the room.

The lawyer looked at her expectantly. "And what is that Bulma?"

"Revenge."

*~*~*~*

OK, I think I did it again. Maybe not. Oh well, I'll update soon anyway.

I love my reviewers very much. Thanks for the support.

Til next time

SilverMoon