Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Just-An_Outcast* : You're awesome! Thanks for sticking to me! And no thanks to MM.org cuz for some reason you're latest review is not displayed on the review page. Anyway, still thank you! ^-^

*~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: ME no OWN.

Last time:

"What are we going to do?" She asked him. She felt so utterly lost, and he was everything that she could cling on to now. He had to know the answer.

He had to.

~*~*~*~*

Chapter 11

Vegeta held onto her tightly. She was quivering from her distraught state of mind. It pained him to see that she had to feel this. He tried to clam her down, but the tears came to no end. How could such a frail body have so many tears in it? He ran his hand through her hair in a soothing motion hoping that she would regain her composure. He silently thanked God that they were off to the side of the school where nobody would see them. He had to get her out of here before they could even start thinking of what to do next.

"Bulma, you need to calm down. There is nothing we can do if you are sobbing your eyes out." He whispered to her in a low and gentle voice. Not once breaking his eye contact with her he spoke to Chichi.

"We won't go in there today. I'll take her home, Chichi. I don't care what you have to do to keep this under control--you can freeze over hell for all I care--, but make sure that nobody thinks that THIS--", he pointed at the newspaper on the ground, " is the reason why we're not here. Tell them someone died or what not."

Bulma had been quite all the while. Her eyes looked distant; a sign that she wasn't even aware of what was going on around her. She simply trusted Vegeta.

He knew he had to get her away from the public eye as fast as he possibly could. Chichi had by now scrambled of to find the others and get to class. It was imperative that she informed the others of this rather slim emergency plan since it was all they had right now.

She knew they would be needed later on. He was certain she would call to check in by lunch time. Now he only had to get them away from school...and best to her parents house. He glanced at his watch, never letting go of Bulma, afraid that she would faint. It was still early. If he hurried he would make it to Capsule Corp. before they left for work. And even then, they would still be on the compound.

*Think, Vegeta, think. Use that damned brain of yours. How to get there?...Fuck it! We'll just take my car. We can worry about hers later.*

"OK, Bulma let's get out of here. We have to find your parents." The only response he got from her was a small nod with her head. He lead them towards his car, always glancing around to make sure that nobody was watching them. They quickly got in the car hoping that they wouldn't be spotted on their way back to Capsule Corp.

Vegeta pulled out of the parking lot without so much a glancing left or right. He just had to get out.

They had been driving for about five minutes in utter silence. And it wasn't really a comfortable one. Meanwhile, Bulma had stopped crying, but she was still shocked. Vegeta glanced at her from time to time to see how she was holding up. Pretty well considering the circumstances. How he hated the press! How dare they write something like that?! He felt the need to say something, but nothing seemed right. His heart clenched every time he looked at her sad and mascara stained face.

Considering that they where heading towards her parents house though, he felt that he had to make his position to the subject at hand clear before they got there. In a moment of desperation he ran his left hand over this mouth and let it rest on his head, while the elbow rested on the car's door.

"Listen, " he said in a small voice, "It's a lie. They're lying, and you know it. We'll find a way to set this right. We can sue, we can simply give a public statement. This won't harm your parents, or us." When she didn't even bat an eyelash as what he was saying he continued.

"We'll get though this together..." Just then he was cut off as Bulma wiped her head around glaring daggers at him.

"Don't you understand?!? This is not some game, Vegeta! This is my life. They won't leave me alone. Of course, I know I won't be the end of CC, but do you know the damage this will do to our share holders? Right now, I don't see how 'us' together would work with the press! I've been brand marked a foolish teenager, not a smart heiress I should be! And what is that I read about you and a record company in the paper? They said I was using my influence to get you that far? You didn't even tell me about that. And THAT hurts even more." She kept on ranting and screaming at him. The tears were flowing like a river again. They were only a minute from Capsule Corp. away, but he couldn't take it anymore. He pulled over.

"Damn it, Bulma! I know this is not a game! I'm not stupid. Why do I think I even bother taking you home and facing the wrath of your parents? I can't believe you just suggested that we should break up! We'll do this together, it's the only way because..."

He had been yelling at her with the same force she had used, but now, it was important that she listened, that she understood. He closed his eyes and focused on what he was going to say next.

"Bulma, we're going to get through this together. Not after we stood up for each other all this time. Not when I just figured out why I even bother. I won't let you go, I can't, not when this is the first time that I ever felt truly at peace with someone. Not when everything is starting to fall into place."

Bulma couldn't believe her ears. This was the first time she fully understood what their relationship meant to him. What SHE meant to him. And all this time she thought he didn't really feel this way. Somewhere there had always been doubt, especially after she read about the record company. She thought he had used her. How could she have been so misguided? How could she have believed it for a moment? She should have known better. She was on the brink of tears again. But this time they were tears of joy and anger; joy that she had someone like him and anger at herself for being so stupid. If only she could get rid of her last doubt.

"Tell me, what is it about this Mr. Saeki? Is it true?" Her voice was so small that it pained him. And somehow he was the cause for it, but he would make it up to her.

He sighed. He felt so stupid, so small now. Only for her would he lower his pride and lose some of his dignety, only for her.

"I was so happy when I got the deal. And then I remembered how it was your wish that we all went to the same college. The thought of telling you then hurt too much, since I would have been happy, and you would have been sad. I wanted to tell you, I wanted it so much. And then I thought if I told you, you might feel compelled to present yourself at my side in public at all times and costs. I didn't want that. I wanted to prove that I could do this myself. And now...I don't know. I just don't know, anymore." His voice was raw with emotion. Something he usually would berate himself for even around Bulma, but now, it only seemed fitting. He owed it to her. She wanted to cry at the pain she had caused him, but she had no more tears to cry. Her voice was hoarse from her crying, and her throat hurt, but she couldn't have him thinking that she didn't care.

"But I am happy for you. Yes, I wanted us all together, but I can live with it if one of us decided against it because I want the best for my friends. And if the best for me isn't the best for them, then that's alright. It doesn't mean I'll lose them. This deal is the best for you, and it makes me happy. It's alright, Vegeta. We'll get through this. And we'll do it together. I'm sorry for what I said before. Let's better get to my parents now. I'm sure they will know what to do."

She took his hand and placed a kiss on his knuckles. Only a small sign of affection, but it sparked the wildest and most sincere emotions within him.

He smiled at her and started the engine. She was right. They had to get to her parents. Then everything would turn out right.

The gates of CC were only seconds away now. And with every second they got closer, the more anxious Bulma grew. She was afraid that a flood of reporters were waiting there, just for her to return. As if he read her mind Vegeta answered her.

"Don't worry. Those idiots are probably just pulling up at the school, thinking we'll be there."

Bulma let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. He was absolutely right. She berated herself for being so paranoid. But was she the only one who cared? Of course not. Vegeta was worried as well...right?

The couple looked at each other as the car stopped and readied themselves to face a set of angry parents. They were doomed.

They slowly made their way out of the car and to the house entrance. They had no worry of being watched since they were inside the garage. Bulma took a hold on Vegeta's hand. For the first time in her life she was truly scared of her parents. She had been a wild child, but back then everyone had thought it 'cute'. Now, what they had printed today, was not only mostly a lie, but also downright disgusting.

They now stood in front stood right in front of the door that would lead them straight into the kitchen. The place where she knew her parents would be waiting. Before opening the door, Bulma glanced at Vegeta. He simply nodded to her, urging her to open the door. When he saw uncertainty in her eyes he gave her hand a reassuring squeeze as if to tell her that he was right behind her.

She finally opened the door. As expected they found Harry and Bunny sitting at the kitchen table--both with a mug of coffee in their hands.

"Hey mom. Hey daddy." It was all she was able to say. This wasn't what she had thought would happen. Her parents sat there perfectly still. They didn't seem angered, not even frustrated.

Vegeta stepped inside after Bulma, still holding her hand. When he saw her parents her merely nodded to them. He said a quick 'morning' to the couple at the table and moved beside his girlfriend and placed one arm around her waist. There was no use denying it now. Now, the only thing that mattered was showing that this wasn't just a fling. They had to prove that this was real.

To both teenagers' surprise Harry started to chuckle. They looked at him. shocked, since they had expected yelling, berating, questioning, wild accusations. But chuckling...no, not that.

Harry had to start laughing loudly when he saw the kids reaction, and then Bunny too broke a smile.

"I guess you're right, Vegeta. This isn't a 'good morning', huh? Well, why don't you guys sit down first." He motioned to the chairs opposite himself and Bunny.

"Bunny, could you get the kids something to drink. I'm sure they're exhausted."

She mumbled an 'of course' and went to get two more coffees. Harry studies the kids before him intently and frowned. Bulma--his little sunshine--looked terrible. Her make-up was all over her face and her eyes were bloodshot. Vegeta look disturbed. More than usually. He had grasped Bulma's hand again, and was now caressing it with his fingers while starring at it. He probably surprised himself with this action since he usually only displayed affection for others when he knew he was alone with that person.

Harry had to smile a little bit at that. They really cared for each other, and even though, the situation wasn't the best, it was still wonderful to witness someone care for your only child this much.

Bunny had returned with the coffees and set the mugs down in front of the kids. Harry knew it was time to say something.

"Well, let's just say we were a little more that surprised when we looked at the paper today. It's not every day that you find your daughter and her best friend in a rather passionate embrace on the front page."

Bulma and Vegeta both blushed at that comment. Neither said anything though. It was true. The picture on the front page displayed them kissing passionately. She had her hands buried in his hair, while he was pulling her closer to his body. One hand on her back, the other on her butt. They were leaning against a tree, and were both clad in swim wear. They both knew the picture must have been taken the day before at Goku's. What they didn't know was that someone had seen and photographed them.

Who wouldn't love to see his daughter like that?

It was now Bunny's turn to talk.

"We knew." It was a simple statement. Yet, it meant so much. The teens looked up, shock written over both their faces. And Bunny giggled.

"You didn't think you could get that past us?" Bulma spoke for the first time.

"You knew? Did everyone know? You, Dad, Chi...argh...so much to keeping it secret. I suppose his parents knew too?" She said pointing at Vegeta and groaned as she saw her parents affirmative nod.

"Parents are more preceptive that you think, Hun." He father replied chuckling. He looked at them again. Bulma looked a whole lot better. Vegeta still seemed confused. And he choose that moment to ask his questions.

"Chi? She's not a parent of ours..." He trailed of knowing that Bulma would answer him.

"Saw us." OK, he would have thought of a more detailed explanation, but this would do.

"Oh." He said raising both eyebrows. He then looked at her parents.

"Alright, I see you won't kill us, but we have to do something. It's not only that this article partially calls Bulma anything short of a slut, but it also will cause your stocks to go down--a lot." He gulped. He feared the reaction he would get. Maybe now, the Briefs would start to get uncomfortable and ban him from Bulma's life.

"Don't worry, Vegeta. Leave it to us. It's not like we could change it now. Of course we're not happy about it, but screaming doesn't make it better. We have to plan our next move carefully. And Bulma, you better pay attention. You should see this as dress rehearsal for when you take over the company. I'll go call the principal and tell him excuse you for the rest of the week. Now, go freshen up! You both look horrible. We still have somewhere to go to." With that Bunny grabbed the phone and two rather stunned kids went to Bulma's bathroom to get their looks in order.

Meanwhile Harry stood up and embraced his wife from behind.

"You're amazing, you know?" He whispered against her ears as she was calling the their lawyer.

"I know, Harry. That's why I'm your wife. Besides, their only kids. They don't deserve this. The shock was bad enough." Harry smiled against his wife's neck. He truly had a great family.

*~*~*~*~*

YAYAY! Looks like things are going to work out! Don't you just love Bunny? I wonder what she's planned!

Next time: The Plan! Revenge on the photographer! Btw...Who DID take the picture?

~SilverMoon