Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Fall of the Mighty ❯ Composure and Agitation ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Just Watched Kung Pow~

I can't believe he's still watching it! The movie has prompted me to do some last minute work on this fic. Anything to avoid that movie!! I can watch Thumbwars and Batthumb and Blair Thumb but this is ridiculous! IT'S REVOLTING!!!!! SOMEONE SHOOT ME!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay… Here we go. Now the story gets complicated. Oh sure, like it wasn't before. Time to have some more fun. But not too much fun. Got to save some for later you know.

AAAWWW BLOODY HELL!!! SPECIAL FEATURES!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! TURN IT OFF!! BY ALL THAT IS HOLY TURN IT OFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~I Want To Die! Please! Someone Put Me Out Of My Misery!!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are my mate and this is my child. Nothing will change that as long as I live and breathe. I swear it. You are mine……and I…am yours."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Composure and Agitation*

Vegeta strode silently through Capsule Corp wearing a particularly acidic frown. 'This is going to prove to be humiliating and unpleasant.' Behind him Goku hesitantly followed along. The larger Saiyan seemed to be a little insecure but what could you expect from a man who had just found himself in what felt like a remake of a bad Arnold Schwartzenegger movie? Goku had been a bit standoffish and they hadn't spoken since Vegeta's declaration the night before, which suited the prince just fine. He needed to be able to think. "Trunks!" Surprised, the younger man turned to face them. "We must speak."

"WHAT!?!"

The question could be heard even outside the complex.

Trunks stared at the two men before him. Goku flinched and stooped a bit, before giving his usual nervous Son grin and laugh. Vegeta stood unconcerned with crossed arms and a surprisingly absent smirk. "You heard me, boy." Trunks shook his head in disbelief. "But wha…wh…how?"

"He's an alien, boy, have you forgotten? Stop stuttering and gather your wits."

Trunks nodded dazedly, he was a scientist and half alien after all, he could deal with the strange and unusual. "Okay." He turned away in thought only to turn back again. "Uh…how long?"

The prince glanced back at the almost shamefaced Saiyan. "A week. Two at the most." The lavender haired man nodded, still grasping the news, then did a double-take to stare at his father. "You mean… YOU?! And Goku?!"

Vegeta's answer was flat. "You're a bit slow today, son. I think all these experiments are shriveling your brain." Trunks was flabbergasted. "You… The two of you… but I thought you didn't… Him! You…! You're...!" He seemed to have trouble forming and finishing his sentences. All sorts of things were jumping to mind and making a very scary type of sense all of a sudden. A memory of unraveling a very unhappy Goku from his father's blanket out in the yard in the middle of the night leapt to his attention. Come to think of it…his father had been acting strangely since right around that time.

Vegeta grunted in annoyance, strangely calm. "Shut up, boy. Most of those imbeciles think I detest *you* as well. Just deal with him!" The prince jabbed a finger in Goku's direction. Trunks just stared until shutting his mouth with a click. He hesitantly shuffled his feet. "Uh… What do you want me to do?"

Vegeta finally snapped. "What the fuck do you mean what do I want you to do?! How the hell should I know?! You're the scientist! Deal with him!!"

The younger man pulled back slightly. "Sorry, father, I … I meant…um…do you…?" He took a deep breath. "Do you want it?"

The room fell silent.

Vegeta's face was intense and he was just about to answer when Goku joined the conversation. "What?!!" The large Saiyan backed up defensively looking horrified.

"Baka! I gave you my oath! Stop fidgeting and shut up!" Vegeta turned back to Trunks. "No harm will come to this child. Do you understand me?" Trunks nodded dumbly, taking in the new *relationship* that his father and uncle now shared.

"Of course, father, um… Fo…uh… Follow me."

Goku slumped onto his couch. He was so relieved to be home again. He was tired of being poked and prodded and stared at. He rubbed his sore arm and shivered.

"I HATE needles!"

Vegeta sat on the coffee table in front of him. "I've never seen anyone so skittish of a few tests." He stated.

"I just don't like needles!!" The pregnant Saiyan exclaimed with much more force than necessary and then slouched even more. Vegeta laughed quietly at the other's obvious discomfort before taking a seat on the couch as well. Goku immediately snuggled onto him. It startled the prince at first but he relaxed again. After a moment he wordlessly pushed the larger Saiyan off and settled on the other end of the couch.

Now that he was comfortable he drew Goku back into his lap. His mate sprawled contentedly across both the couch and his legs, falling blissfully asleep after a stressful day. The prince looked down upon Kakarott's peaceful face. There had been so little peace for the larger man in the past days and there was little to come. 'It's done now. They'll all know within the next few days. Nosey morons.' Hesitantly he cradled his mate feeling strangely protective. 'Imagine that, me protect him.'

The ouji snapped awake just seconds before the front door opened.

"Dad…" Gohan froze with his mouth hanging open at the scene in his father's living room.

'Fucking hell! This is all I need first thing in the morning!' What a way to start the day. He and the demi-Saiyan stared at one another.

The younger man looked like he was about to hyperventilate or choke so Vegeta smirked evilly at him hoping it might send him over the edge. Gohan looked away quickly, facing anything but the two men cuddled on the couch. "Uh…d…:ahem:… Dad?" Vegeta gave the still sleeping man a wry look and shook his shoulder. "Your spawn is here."

Goku rubbed his eyes groggily and stretched with a groan. "Hmmm? What, Vegeta?" The prince nodded in Gohan's direction. Goku finally noticed his son standing by the door. "Oh." He sat up sleepily, seemingly unconcerned, but stayed next to the prince. "Hi, son."

Gohan glanced up and then away again. "Dad. What are you doing?" Goku glanced around sheepishly. "Well, I *was* sleeping."

"In Vegeta's lap?!!" Gohan exclaimed and pointed accusingly at the smirking man. Vegeta's smirk turned to a grimace and he stood menacingly. "Do you have a problem, boy? I'll be happy to clear the air."

"Hey!" Goku frowned at the prince before turning back to Gohan. "There's something we have to tell you."

"Obviously!"

The larger man paused. He had wanted to tell the others but now that he faced his son he didn't know what to say. Vegeta rolled his eyes while Goku fidgeted. "Well you see… Vegeta and I… Um… We…"

"Dad!"

The prince shook his head. 'Enough is enough. The fool was so unhappy before and now he can't even tell his son.' He stepped forward. "Kakarott and I are mated and he is bearing my heir." Gohan stared uncomprehending then turned back to his dad who laughed nervously.

"I'm pregnant."

The demi-Saiyan's head made a hollow thud when he hit the ground, out cold. Vegeta almost grinned with satisfaction.

"Just wait until he finds out he might be capable as well."

Goku groaned and knelt next to his son but Vegeta caught his shoulders. "Leave him, he'll come around soon enough." He bent close to Goku's ear. "You're the one who wanted to tell them." The worried father nodded. "I know. I just… I guess I didn't think about how they'd take the news. Things are a little harder to accept now that…I'm…"

Vegeta was unreadable. "Having second thoughts? It's too late now." Kakarott turned to him honestly. "No. No second thoughts." The prince studied him warily then softened and cupped his mate's chin to delicately lick at his lips. Goku sighed and opened for him. Below them Gohan twitched and opened his eyes just in time for Vegeta to make eye contact with him before diving his tongue lustily into Kakarott's mouth.

"Aaaaaah!!!"

Goku jumped, blushing brightly while the youngest man skittered away with his hands over his eyes. Kakarott caught the smug chuckle that Vegeta let slip and growled in rebuke. "Vegeta! You did that on purpose!" The prince grinned toothily. "Yes. Yes I did."

Goku stared out the front door at the power trail disappearing over the horizon. Vegeta slipped up behind him. "Kakarott. The others will be along soon. You can count on that. Let us go to my island. They will speak among themselves and make their decisions. We don't need to subject ourselves to this again." The taller man hesitated. "We should be here. We should tell them." Vegeta pulled him back, speaking with restrained annoyance. "We have told them. Leave them to themselves, let them stew over it."

He sighed. Maybe Vegeta was right. Gohan hadn't taken it very well. Goku couldn't believe his son's first reaction. He turned to examine Vegeta and felt a swell of pride for the prince who had once again surprised him. Gohan had a rather violent first impulse. Something about corrupting and taking advantage of his pure hearted and innocent father.

"You've gone too far this time!" Gohan had shouted at the stoic Saiyajin prince who replied with "Someone may have taken advantage but it certainly wasn't *me*" and the demi-Saiyan leapt to attack him. Vegeta caught his fist and glowered up at him, speaking in a low, threatening voice. "Don't tempt me, fool. I have no reservations when it comes to teaching you…" He suddenly stopped and his face darkened even more. Flicking a glance at Goku he thrust Gohan away. "I see no reason to waste my time with the likes of you. Do not blame me for what I haven't done." Gohan jumped back up with a snarl but Vegeta's superior stare never flinched even after Gohan's fist landed on his cheek. Goku had jumped to restrain his son knowing that two reprieves from the prince was more than anyone could hope for. After that his son had been slightly more controlled but he was not happy.

"Alright, Vegeta. I'll get some things. You're right. They can make up their own minds." The prince watched Kakarott go down the hall before glaring at the sky. He was about ready to blast that little bastard to hell Kakarott or no Kakarott. It seemed the brat still hadn't gotten over those first few decades they'd known one another.

'Corrupted Kakarott!' He snorted derisively. 'If anything, that asshole has corrupted *me* since the first day I landed here.' He had no fear of the brat. He'd surpassed Gohan again long ago. He was merely an annoyance. An annoyance that would press it's opinion upon the others but it didn't matter, not to Vegeta anyway. His thoughts turned to Kakarott but he pushed them away. 'He can just get over it. He… Damn it! He's just too fucking sensitive!' He growled silently, frustrated at having to deal with all this crap.

Arms encircled him from behind, strangely calming. He had begun to really enjoy that, though he would never admit it.

"Let's go."

He made it up to me with Super Troopers so I guess suffering through Kung Pow was okay. Great movie! If only real cops had that much fun. I would have even more to look forward to if I ever get on the force.

To all you Gohan fans - I'm sorry…No, I'm not!… and I'm not gonna lay off. I need some kind of antagonism and he is the easiest for me plus I don't really like him all that much. He's wimpy and thick-headed and somehow hasn't caught up with the world around him even after going through all the crap with the rest of them in the show. A little self-sacrificing weak-willed paranoid twerp who sniffles too much and can't seem to get it up until the last possible moment. I assume that after adulthood he would grow out of (or further into) it and become even more anally retentive especially after teenagers of his own. "Oh no, everyone's out to get me!" Boohoo and get over it! It's a fact of life! Deal!

Sorry if the story wraps weirdly. I am not doing anything differently than I always have so I don't know what it could be.