Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Home ❯ Confrontations ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello ALL!! , i ask one thing of you guys, please comment! I wanna know if you like this or nott! Yes or No? thanks so much for reading!! And for “ a time long ago” the next chapter is kinda.. getting there! Haha but no worries! It will be up !!
Disclaimer: I do not own dbz
Finding Home
Chapter 3 - Confrontation
I'll never figure it out, what is with that man? That man who is stubborn, just down right asshole. I feed him, clothed him, given him everything he's wanted! Ridiculous! I suppose it's because he's a prince he thinks he can do whatever he wants. Hmph not in this house, and certainly not over Bulma Breifs! After leaving the lab I have an odd encounter with Vegeta. To be honest it wasn't so much odd but, personal? Especially coming from the bastard who talks to no one.
Walking into the kitchen I see him see eating everything his greedy little hands could hold, growing up with Goku i have learned Saiyans indeed have a large appetiteand Vegeta is no different
“Hey” opening the fridge I grab a bowl ofmixedcut upfruit and take a seat across from the starving man. His response is only to glaceup at me then returning to his food. I didn't expect much from him other than that, then
“Why did you do that?” his rough voice startles me for a moment that interrupts the silence in the room
Knowing exact what he meant when I first set eyes upon him, his face was clean not a drip of oil left “ I thought it would be funny” looking back at him “ and it was”smiling in return.
“You're stupid, the dumbest bitch on this planet” raising my eye brow “my, what language you have, did your mother teach you to speak to a lady like that” living with Vegeta has grew me a rough skin, but it doesn't deny the fact his insults do hurt, somewhat…but I wont show any weakness.
Vegeta continues eating while addressing my insult towards him “ My mother died when I was 7, I hardly remember her.” shocked I didn't know what to say, more so shocked how emotionless he stated it. “I'm sorry” I manage to stubble out. He ignores my sympathy I'm guessing he doesn't hear much of that.
“ it's okay to be sad sometimes too you know” snapping his head at me “ what the fuck are you talking about?” ignoring his rude manner I continue “ you always want to seem so strong, but feeling emotions doesn't make you weak Vegeta” I place an elbow on the table whileresting my chin in my hand. Snarling at my comment I can tell he doesn't want to talk, like that is something new
Getting up I grab my now empty bowl and place it in the sink “You will never know what it is like to suffer, and the only thing that keeps you from killing yourself is the strength to not show weakness in a time where pain is prevalent” as I turn I see him standing ready to leave me with his words “ besides I don't see a `lady' here anyways “ smirking he walks off sliding the exit doors behind him as he proceeds to the gravity room, like always.
While sitting on my bed reflecting on that moment I almost forget, I have a date!. Getting up I walk over to my closet “What dress? Tonight it going to be special, if I know Yamucha he's planned something I can feel it” I can't believe it, we've been dating for nearly 12 years, some marriages don't even last that long! I'll admit we've had our differences but in the end it's made us stronger. Tonight I really wanna knock his socks off! So I decided I'm going in for the kill.. my red silk short mini dress, strapless oh he's going to want me.. so.. bad. Laughing at my thoughts I hear a knock at the door
As I open it I am greeting with a happy grin and a tray full of cakes “Oh hey mom”
“Hi sweetheart! Do you want some cakes? I bought them downtown this morning” weighing my options cake or date? “ sorry mom I can't Yamucha and I are going out for dinner tonight” as she gives me a wink “ oh he's finally going to propose!” I sure hope so after so many years.. “ Well I don't know about that mom, it's just dinner” I proceed back to the closet pulling out the red dress
“Maybe Bulma hunny you should ask him” tossing the dress on the bed “ Mom I understand the changing gender roles in society today but, I dunno.. I always thought he'd ask me. We have been dating for only 12 years. Maybe he's just not ready” who am I trying to convince me or my mother? “ And plus helping dad run the company and doing this and doing that, it's just difficult that's all” she sighs at my poor justification when it comes to my relationship with Yamucha “
“Or maybe you just don't love him anymore” she stated so truthfully “ Oh please mom we're been da-“ shaking her head at me “ just because you date for many years doesn't mean love is constant , people change sweetheart.” Deepdown inside,I know she's right. Walking over to me she smiles “ Yamucha is a wonderful young man, but when you first met him he was a boy. I just don't want you to settle with someone who doesn't make you happy” nodding with my mothers words “ I know mom” smiling back weakly, I gather the dress in my hands “ I guess I should be getting ready, knowing me It'll take me 5 hours haha”
While both laughing we slowly depart to our destinations until she turns “ Oh Bulma I almost forgot! Your father and I will be gone this weekend, I think he said he has to go to the.. Umm Metro Medical.. Conven, no what is it? Conservatory? Hmm?”
“The Medical Metro Convention for Science?” her face lights up “ Oh.. haha yes that one, all those names sounds the same to me”
“Yea no worries mom, dad told me earlier this week. I think it'll be really cool, seeing all those inventions from all over the world” shifting the tray in her hands “ I suppose if you're a genius like your father or yourself, but I would rather go to a cake convention seeing all those pretty designs. I suppose science isn't my forte” giggling at her own comment I can't help but have a sense of pride from my mother. Though she may not be the smartest with books, she is the most caring and considerate woman I know. Someone I truly love without a doubt.
“Aw, mom that's not true you're a genius too, where do you think I learned how to cook!” grinning she tilts her head slightly “ well this is true, goodness knows your father couldn't even cook a microwave dinner” and yet again my mother is right, my father is smart but when it comes to surviving meaning food supply he is hopeless “ Well I'll let you get ready!” while exiting my room she states “ make sure Vegeta is feed tooo” her voice decreases as she steps in the hallway. I cringe oh right, Vegeta.. and here I was thinking I was going to have the house all to myself hmph, this meant cooking for that prick. Feh! Tonight he is just going to have to do it himself he traveled in space for months on his own! ..wait tonight?? Ahh tonight!” running into the bathroom I quickly turn on the shower and jump in, Yamucha is going to be here soon!!
_________________________________________________________________ _______
Nearly falling down the stairs in a hurry I hear faint yelling when I set eyes upon the sight before me I am stopped dead in my tracks. Vegeta and Yamucha. And from the looks on their faces I know this is trouble.
“Your stupidity is astonishing to me. Feebleminded weakling”
“You weren't even suppose to be wished back you murderer!!!”
I have no idea what they were talking about but the way it's approaching it isn't going to end well. My thoughts are confirmed when I see Vegeta raise his hand at Yamucha
Rushing to the scene I place a hand on Vegeta's arm “ Hold on, hold on boys, what is going on here?” tearing his arm away from me “ Why don't' you ask the idiot himself?” Vegeta says as he looks at me. Only a confused expression is present I turn to do the exact thing
“So tell me what just happened here?” Yamucha is quiet, quiet? This is getting uncomfortable. “Well ? someone! Tell me!” looking at both males I received the same response.
Silence
“Whatever I'm not going to deal with this now, you” pointing at Yamucha “Start the car we're leaving” looking towards Vegeta “ You, go train or something okay?” as I see Yamucha leave I turn to Vegeta “ I don't know what happened between you two but you bet as soon as I come home I will. You can't just start fights with people Vegeta! Whatever you guys were arguing about was, one: probably stupid, two: useless information, three: not even important.”
Snorting at my speech he crosses his arms “You're right woman you are stupid, I don't care about your pathetic life and it doesn't even concern me” shaking my head I know at this rate fighting with this man will not only make me late for dinner but kill my sanity. “Okay do what you want Saiyan Prince” walking to the door he grabs my shoulder
“Where are you going” didn't Yamucha tell him he was talking me out for dinner? “ I'm going out for dinner” raising an eyebrow at me while smirking “ no you're not” I'm truly, truly confused “ Yes I am, so you're going to have to cook for yourself” storming off I slam the door leaving Vegeta behind.
Stomping over to Yamucha's car I see him leaning against it with his hands in his pockets “What is wrong with you guys huh! Can't even be in the same room for at least a minute I know Vegeta is a dickhead but jeez Yamucha you co-“
“I'm breaking up with you”
Stopping in the middle of my speech “What..?” did he just say that ?
“What are you talking about?”
The silence is killing me, I'm getting it way too much tonight
Stepping forward I ask him again “ What is this, tell me!” i don't know if I should cry or feel relieved… it depresses me how I can not even decipher how I should feel.
“Bulma I'm sorry it's just, I can't do this anymore. You're a great girl but I found someone else”
Before he continues I raise my hand “enough I don't want to hear anymore” suddenly I find it hard to breathe, my chest grows heavy and my heart aches,
Turning around I start walking to the house “ Bulma wait” reaching out for my hand I pull away and slap him “ Don't touch me!” at this point I am breaking down, not because of our ending relationship but because he found another, someone else to make him happy. Some one who is better than me. Someone not like me.
Stunned at my actions we stare at eachother, tears pouring down my face too prideful to wipe them away from him. His left cheek burning in colour. “ just don't” faintly I say walking away.
Closing the door I lean against it for support for I feel my legs will give out. my eyes drift shut I try to ignore two parts of myself, my body that is aching, and my mind that is breaking. I'm unstable, the shock of the unknown is over whelming if only I had know, felt it coming then I could of prepared myself…
Hearing a chair shift against the floor I snap my eyes open to see Vegeta sitting at the kitchen table and examining me with this stoic look upon his face. “I told you did I?”
Bastard, he aims so low.
Ripping away from his sight I proceed to head upstairs only to be stopped by an unmovable object that appears in my way. Vegeta
“I'm hungry woman” I'm not surprised by his incapability's to care about anyone else but himself “not now Vegeta, ” I say tiredly
“No woman, now” he growls at my unwillingness to yield to his demands
Placing a hand on his bicep gently “please Vegeta, not now” barely a whisper, I try to contain myself from breaking into tears. Ascending up the stairs I past the Saiyan and I'm slightly surprised at his lack of movement.
“You're better off woman,” his voice is cold and distant, I hear foot steps leave the bottom of the stairs yet I pause at his words what did he exactly mean? And was that some sort of comfort words from Vegeta? It's not a lot but a little bit.
Turning around I speak out loud “How did you know?” I ask him, for he is not beyond the range of hearing my voice. He can probably hear the sadness in my voice for he doesn't speak to me with such venom. “It's impossible to ignore the scent of a self righteous bitch” he smirks
“especially on a fool who carries every other woman's raunchy stench but yours”
This man is a cocky, selfish, rude bastard but he does know how to cheer up a girl, somewhat. “Thanks Vegeta” wiping the tears away “you're a good friend” I chuckle lightly as his face grows in disgust.
“Dumb wench” he mumbles turning away I start to think maybe Vegeta isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He's been living here for quite a few months and has never hurt me well after our last and only incident when he first moved in,
“Shut up woman, you don't know shit!” he has his thick hand wrapped around my throat pushing me against the wall of the living room, This was one of the times I should of just shut my mouth. He isn't squeezing but his implications are loud and clear.
By this time I have taken note, Frieza is a very sensitive subject for Vegeta. I shouldn't of said it and as soon as it left my mouth “ You're just Frieza's slave, I bet you loved doing his biding on the battle field or not!” instant regret, I never even had enough time to cover my mouth at my mistake before he held me as I am now, against a wall, his weight on me.
Grabbing his wrist that is wrapped around me “ I'm sorry” growling at me “ you think that will save you from me!” closing my eyes, he releases his grip on me enough so I may speak fluently without difficultly
“ I'm sorry you were subjected to frieza's reign, I'm sorry you never got your revenge, I'm sorry Vegeta, I never should of said that”
His breathing is heavy, anger radiating off of his body, I rest my other hand on his chest over his heart, how it beats strong and constant.
“You may be Saiyan, but you bleed like I do, breathe like I do, you are a being, a being with life and emotions. Who am I to evoke such pain on someone?” as I speak his grip on me decreases slowly “ I promise you, never will I say such things.
In that moment I knew there was a line, a line you just can not pass. And that day I knew Vegeta's. Though it did not stop me from insulting him and defending myself against his harsh comments, I learned some topics shouldn't be discussed, or used against someone. Merely some confrontations never need to occur. Since then I never did bring up anything remotely related to frieza for I could see even though one displays strength, weakness is always near by in some way, in some form.
Shaking my head, that was the beginning, even though nearly a year has passed.. he's different, hey maybe he's starting to like earth, and us “pathetic humans have somewhat transformed a well known murderer into someone who is starting to care, into a man that views life beyond the thirst for blood, a person who could potentially one day be truly happy.
Hey everyone I would greatly appreciate it if you guys reviewed , I love hearing what you guys have to say, thank you so much for reading! Truly the encouragement to continue writing! SORRY FOR SPELLING MISTAKES!