Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Home ❯ Interesting ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

your reviews are so helpful, gives me an idea how you feel about the characters ! please continue to review!!
Disclaimer: I do not own dbz
Finding Home
Chapter 4 - Interesting
Last night was a disaster, considering the fact Yamucha and I broke up, mom and dad left for the weekend meaning I have to feed a hungry saiyan. This is the first time me and Vegeta will have the house to ourselves, am I nervous? Ha! No, of course not, this is MY house after all. But knowing Vegeta his intentions will be the same as always, food, training, fixing the GR, and perhaps sleep.
Waking up I find myself empty, pulling the covers closer to me I rest on my side looking out the window like I have so many times before. Glancing at the clock I notice it's almost noon wow I slept that long? Usually I'd be up by 9 running around, I suppose the events from last night worn me out. And to my surprise I didn't cry. I suppose what I felt for Yamucha was long gone, and this was just bound to happen sooner or later. It's strange how I wonder why Vegeta isn't in here yet? yelling at me to make him food or fix something. Now I start to question myself, why do I care, that brute can cook for himself!
Biting my lip I look at the clock again, where is he? Here I am ready for him to bust in here and ruin my day and only today he is a no show! What is wrong with me? I'm so pathetic that the only thing I wait for everyday is to see Vegeta's ugly face in the morning screaming at me, I have sunk a new low smirking to myself I think of Vegeta .. Ha ugly?, hardy, I don't know why I try and convince myself that he is, frig! He is the most handsome man I have ever seen..but I'm sure it must be that bad boy rebel image he gives off… sighing I turn on my back staring at the ceiling seriously I have problems… laying here in my bed thinking of Vegeta ugh! Getting up I grab some clean clothes and make me way to the shower , I definitely need to clear my mind.
Walking down stairs I scan the floor to see it empty, my stomach growls at me as I place two hands on my belly “ I need food”. Opening the fridge my grip on the handle is tight from the very sight I see, Empty. “Empty! How can it be completely empty! Mom stacked this thing before her and dad left!” I need to go right to the source, and with that I slam the refrigerator door shut and make my way to the certain prince.
As I'm approaching I notice something very, very strange. It's turned off. Looking around I don't spot Vegeta anywhere where is that bastard! Walking around the GR and looking inside I still can not find him. My stomach growls again I'll kill that saiyan, but first, food
HR
After hours upon hours of shopping I needed think of things other than the events from last night yet they still stay close at heart how could he? Betrayal. I could lash out and tell Yamucha how much I hate him, and how useless he is. But all I would be doing is feeding the fire. I won't deny that it hurts, the worse kind that I have ever felt. Never will I be able to look at another man and think that he'll be the one for me. I'll never give him that chance for I lay a true broken hearted woman.
I'm sulking in my own misery, it isn't how I should be but I can't help the fact that I am so pissed, pissed beyond anything. Just when I start to think that things are picking up for me, I get hit with a ton of bricks into frustrated and stress. Plus having that bastard saiyan around doesn't make ANYTHING easier.
Carrying in the last bag of groceries into the house I stand back for a bit to get a breather, way too much food, but I know this will be just a snack for Vegeta I snarl at my own thoughts. Vegeta he ate every single drop in this damn house, what the hell is wrong with that animal?
As I hear the door slide open I cast my eyes upon the man no, sorry saiyan that started this! “Where the hell have you been!” screaming from the top of my lungs, I know I am about to take out previous angry on the wrong person. He brushes me off as he makes his way to the table looking through the bags, without a doubt, to find something to eat.
“Hey! Dumbass! What the fuck! I don't cook for one night and you eat out the whole damn house!!” he still remains silent which increases my anger even more. I hate him so much. He finally finds something to munch on in fact a bag of cookies, my FAVOURITE bag of cookies so that's where they all went grabbing the bag out of his hands and forcing my face into his
“Can you hear me Monkey Prince? Tell me! WHY!” at this point I am yelling at the top of my lungs, I'm breathing so heavily venting out my problems on Vegeta, my problems beyond an empty house of food.
Snatching the cookies back “ Are you done?” snapping out of my fitted rage I raise an eye brow “ what?” putting a cookie into his mouth he replies after “ Done, bitching at me for last night”
I don't know what to say relaxing my shoulders I open my mouth to insult him but I hesitate and instead I say what I know I should be “ I'm sorry, I..” turning away I run my hand through my hair, “I'm stressed, I shouldn't of yelled at you for apparently nothing, besides it's not like you haven't eaten the house out before” resting my hands on the counter and slouching forward what is wrong with me? What is wrong with my life? He's probably stunned at my words for I don't hear anything from him.
Silence fills the room, “I'm starting to wonder what it's like Vegeta..” I state softly shifting slightly I move to meet his eyes. “What is it like to lose everything” by now I'm not even asking him anything, I'm just talking to soothe my own sorrows
“You're first mistake was relying on someone else for you're contentment, the only person you can trust is yourself” placing a hand over my chest “ You don't trust anyone?”
“No, I don't” stepping forward I ask “Do you trust me?” snapping his head towards me “Woman do you even listen?! I told you I trust no one!” I try to rationalize with him “but I am no threat to you” something inside of me wants his approval, to prove to him that it's not as bad as he thinks, I want to show him.
you're anything but that woman” he's walking away from me, shaking my head in disbelief I continue after him gripping onto his fore arm “What does that even mean?, all the time you talk in these riddles and all I want is the truth” looking into his eyes I'm surprised how deep they are, he leans in closer to me “Is that all you want?”
No it's not. “Yes it is” I manage to stumble out, smirking at me he places his free hand on my lower back drawing me even closer till our bodies are flush against each other
As he does so my hand still remains on his fore arm and the other lays against his chest Why can't you trust me Vegeta? What have I done to prove myself unworthy of your trust? I need to know what it will take.. I need to know
“Onna, for someone as smart as yourself, you completely have it backwards” with that he rips away from me leaving my body open to cold air replacing his once warm body that was against mine
I stand there and think upon his words.. backwards… sighing briefly I walk over to the table of groceries and start to pack things away but the memory of Vegeta's warm body remains fresh in my mind. The way his hand was so gentle against me his breath tickling my skin
Dropping a can of beans out of my hand I lean over to pick it up “ What's my problem?” glancing up at the clock I notice it's almost 5, “I better start dinner” quickly packing away all the items I choose carefully the things I'll need to make for tonight, spaghetti and meatballs!
Yummm, I can't wait! Then suddenly my heart drops “ I have to make some for Vegeta too” looking at my ingredients before me it will only feed about 2 people and Vegeta has the stomach of 10 “ I guess I'll need more then huh?”
*2 hours later*
It's 7 already? Finished just in time! I see a figure move at the corner of my eye “Hey Vegeta we're having spaghetti and meatballs tonight” Placing a plate in front of him I say happily “Dig in!” making my own plate I sit down across from him. Before I start eating I walk other to the fridge to grab something to drink “ Eh, want something to drink?” I ask without looking at him as my eyes are set upon the drinks I bought early today
As I hear no response I answer my own question “ Water it is” Grabbing two bottles of water I place one infront of Vegeta and Myself. When I finally take my seat and before I can even take a fork full of spaghetti to my mouth..
“Is this poison?! Are you trying to kill me!” I'll startled by Vegetas comment “ what? It's not poison” rising from his seat he chooses to challenge me “ Then why have you not eaten your own filth?!” the mouth on this man is so unreal
“Filth!? Are you serious Vegeta! Just sit down, shut up and eat!” crossing his arms he speaks in an accusing tone “ not until you do” closing my eyes and slightly turning my head to the side taking a deep breath “ will do, money boy”
Taking my fork filled spaghetti I raise it up towards him “ bottoms up” taking the first bite I am absolutely disgusted ! and as I chew again my eyebrows burrow together in confusion how can this taste so awful as a result to swallowing my body tenses up. This is terrible!
“Did you enjoy eating your own filth?” raising my head “Actually it was pretty good” a lie, a complete and utter lie, but I can't let him know that “Is that so woman?” unfolding his arms he places a flat hand on the table and leans in while having the other hand on his hip “Then please do, continue” looking at my plate I can easily imagine myself throwing up..
“Okay fine! Its terrible ! are you happy!?” pulling back from his stance “ very much” but soon after he shakes his head “ Did you even know how to cook woman!?”
I now too find myself standing on my own feet “Oh course I do! But I never said I was good at it!” Then I notice really how much food there is sitting on the table, what a waste.. plopping down into the seat “ this sucks” starring at the huge bowls of food
“I'm still hungry woman” growling at him “ well so am I!” narrowing his wicked eyes at me “well if you weren't so impaired at preparing a simple meal we wouldn't be in this situation!” staring back intensely “ I spent 2 hours cooking!” he once again crosses his arms “ and look what it got us, nothing!” fighting with Vegeta is like playing with fire, the more so I do, the more I get burnt
“ Shut up! you stupid, ugly, moronic peanut brained alien!!!” but it's not like I have never played with fire before.. “ What did you just call me?” a glorious smirk graces my face “ a stupid, ugly mor- “ cutting me off from my insult towards him “ I heard you bitch! Loud and clear! In fact, so loud that even brats cry from you annoying voice and so clear that you would have to blind to not see a whiny feeble woman!”
“Oh, ouch Vegeta, like that says anything, What about you! You go around praising yourself `I'm the loser prince, oo look at me' like seriously get a better act buddy, cause that one is getting old!” I can see his hand forming into a fist “take that back harpy!” placing both hands on my hips “Only if you take back what you said about me!”
It's times like this that I wish I didn't have a housemate that's rude, arrogant and an asshole. A housemate like Vegeta. placing a hand up to halt us from further more insults “ Listen, the point is we're both hungry, so why don't we go out and eat okay ?” I wait for his response but already I know what it's going to be
“I already see you and your kin more than necessary, Why would I want to spend any of my time with other inferior humans!?” picking Vegeta's and my plate from the table “ Okay, then we can order in, how about pizza?” scraping the remains into the garbage “ You like pizza don't you? Remember you said something about it's one of the things you can stand on this planet?”
“Come on Vegeta try some it's really good” hecomes up and stands behind me andeyessuspiciouslyat the item I hold“How do I know it's not fatal?” taking the piece I bite into it “ see! You're not going to die just try a bit”turning slighting in the chair Iliftthe pizza slice to his mouth he opens and takes a bite “ good eh ?” winking, as he finishes chewing “ it'll suffice my hunger” sitting down he takes a slice and starts munching on it.
“Why do you think every time we introduce new foods to you, we're trying to kill you?” I speak while taking another bite of my slice, shrugging his shoulders “ it's foreign to me, I can't trust you” I stop is mid-chew “ why not?” shrugging again as he continues to eat “ I don't know any better” he states casually
After we finish our meal “ so what did you think of pizza Veg-head?” whipping his mouth clean with his gloved hand “ it's probably one of the only foods I can tolerate on this mud ball
Smilingback at him “trust me, there is way more to come!”
“So pizza?” I ask him as I lean against the counter and pick up the phone to dial “it better have that red and yellow thing on it again” as I scan my brain to understand what exactly he is talking about “cheese and pepperoni ?” I try to confirm with him “whatever” he responds ,laughing lighting I hear the person on the other line
“Hello, Hottie pizza place, may I take your order?”
“Hey, uhh can I order 5 ..no wait sorry 10 extra large pizza's, all with cheese and pepperoni”
“Um… sure lady, what is your address and number we can reach you at?”
“ 965- 5510, and you can just deliver it to the Capsule Corp in West city”
“Oh, Mrs. Briefs?”
“well Bulma haha”
“Sorry I didn't know! We'll have your order soon as possible, probably in 20 minutes”
“wow that's pretty fast for 10 extra large pizza's, wow thanks! See ya then!”
Placing the phone down I look up to see Vegeta starring at me “ what?” he snaps in irritation at my attitude “ how long!?” he asks pushing myself off the counter to walk past him to clean up the table“ Oh they said 20 minutes”
“What! Ridiculous!!” obviously this man has never ordered pizza before, well of course not it's Vegeta!
“hey it's pretty good considering we ordered like 10 extra large pizza's! usually it takes 20 minutes just to make one, just go train or something” scuffing at my comment I hear him walk away but before he leaves “ hey Vegeta where were you this morning??” my curiosity sometimes gets the best of me “ I was out” he replies as he continues to the GR, I should know by now not to expect some elaborate story about details of his life why do I care?
As I finish cleaning the table I decide I should use my time wisely and watch some good old television. Sitting down I grab the remote and start flipping through channels it'sFriday night, something good has to be on.. Finally something catches my eye, it's one of those romance movies that I've seen a billion times, but I'll never grow tired of their corny plots
“Johnny I didn't know you loved me, why didn't you say anything?”
“Sarah I.. I couldn't.. you were with him and I didn't know what to do”
“But you know that I love you don't you Johnny?”
“no, but.. I do now and that's all that matters I lo-“
“What the hell is this garbage?” suddenly I feel the remote snatched right out of my hand in speed that is faster then the human eye can gather. I look at the criminal before me “ Hey! Give it back I was watching that!”
Vegeta sits beside me and immediately starts changing the channel “ It was stupid, no wonder your intelligence is nothing compared to mine” my intelligence… “Don't even start loser, you know I'm smarter than you will ever be, even if you wished for immortality all those years will do you nothing when compared to ME, now give me back the remote” I lean over to grab it from him but he pulls it back “I'm watching woman, wait your turn
I try to settle my nerves it was literally not even 5 minutes ago we were just arguing “I had it first Monkey boy! And what are you doing here anyways I thought you were going to train until the pizza came?”
Not bothering to look at me I hear him speak “I changed my mind” suddenly I decide to mess with the prince for his little stunt at stealingthe remote from me, revenge.
“ Oh, you wanted to spend some more time with me?” turning my body towards his as I crawl to his side seductively, he's still not looking at me but I can tell.. he's eyeing me. At this point I am desperately trying not to laugh I can feel my lips almost tugging into a smile but I resist the urge. Gliding one hand into his soft mane I lean in practically pressing my body to his. As my other arm wraps around the front of his chest and I rest my chin on his shoulder. My mind screamsis he actually letting me do this?! He must have more composure than I thought
“So tell me what exactly changed your mind? Was it how sexy I am, or the fact you couldn't stop imaging me being this close to you?” As I pull back a bit to look at Vegeta, an expression of confusion is present upon my face for I don't even get a look, a word, nothing from him! Not even a flinch, what is wrong with him! I'll just have to try harder..
Biting my lip I am thinking if I should make my next move, I mean is it really necessary to do this?, as my thoughts linger.. yes, I want to make him feel.. uncomfortable, awkward.. smirking at my revenge plot, I brace myself for what I am about to do.
Removing my hand from his hair I place one leg over his thigh, in straddling manner. Now I am face to face with him placing my two hands on his shoulders I rub them gently “ Come on Vegeta, I really want to know” I say sexily.. as much as I can anyways.
His breathing is a little heavier than before, but only slightly, if I wasn't sitting so close to him I would of never of noticed. Brushing a hand against his cheek and slightly tilting my head to the side I find my self a loss of breath as I feel his two hands on top of my hips what is he doing.. “maybe” His voice is husky and low. My eyes bulge at his words Maybe??!! What did I get myself into I'm deciding if I should retreat from my plan but, no! I can't, not yet. I want to win this.. I have to win this.
“Maybe huh? Well isn't that good news” gathering my hands into his hair I pull my self closer I'm on dangerous territories right now, I wonder if he can see me blushing? Feeling his hands move to my lower back they snake their way under my T-shirt slowly, almost painfully slow making their way up. Even now my breathing is becoming a little rushed my back arches forward a bit as his hands continue to trail.
Leaning in forward he places his cheek against mine as his lips are right beside my ear he whispers “Are you hot?” My body tenses from his question, “Because you look a little flush” a breath of relief leaves me so I guess he must have saw me blushing, as my shoulders relax “I it's not from the temperature in this room” I whisper back did I just say that, did that actually leave my lips, who am i!! what is this! Abort abort!
“I didn't think so” he says as he pulls back to look at me as his arms wrap around my tiny frame. I feel so odd, but a good type of odd, my panic has disappear just at the sight of him, I've never been this close to Vegeta before, and I mean this closeyet I feel there is something that wants me to be even closer as I draw near, I notice so does he and
Ding
“ the pizza!” looking towards the door halting at the motion that could of occurred. “Finally took them long enough” withdrawing his hands from me and placing them on my waist I snap back to look at Vegeta, his tone is completely different and I see the loss of the dark almost desirable look that was upon him is now gone, and yet I am still straddling him.
Before I can even suggest anything he gently tosses me to the side landing on the soft couch and makes his way towards the door. Sighing briefly I am very relieved that doorbell rang when it did we almost kissed! That would of messed up everything! What was I thinking! Well I wasn't thinking that's the thing. Me and Vegeta? ha! unreal, get a grip Bulma, get a friggin gr-“
I hear my name being called “Woman, green thing!” okay maybe it's not my real name but it's the best Vegeta can comprehend, and green thing?.. Oh money! Getting up I run to my purse and grab my wallet meeting Vegeta and the delivery boy at the door.
“sorry about that, how much is it?” I ask as I open my wallet
“That will be $224.13”
“Ahh seriously?! Um hold on let me get some more cash” running up to my room I bust open the door, trying to scramble for more money. Do I even keep bills in here?? Crappp going through my draws I find my “hidden stash” grabbing two one hundred dollar bills I run down the stairs to I see Vegeta sitting at the table with the pizza's
“Where did he go?”
“He said it was free”
Shocked, I walk down to the kitchen and open a box to grab a slice “ No way, free huh? How lucky!” smacking the back of Vegeta's shoulder, yet I'm still sketch about Vegeta and the delivery boy, considering I don't see Vegeta ever being civil
“You didn't..” coming to realization of a more possible situation that would of occurred
“He asked for it”
“What! How could you scare the poor kid!! He looked like he was sixteen Vegeta!!” dropping the pizza slice on top of the box I run to the door, only to see the car skid off in a hurry, sighing softly while shutting the door “ You know that doesn't work here” walking back to the table “You can't just threaten people into giving you what you want. That may of worked in space but not here buddy!” grunting at my rant I grab my piece and a box of one of the ten and make my way to the couch again. Taking the remote I try to find that channel with the romance movie on it maybe it's still on?
Watching tv in peace for the longest time suddenly I hear movement from the kitchen but I don't bother as I'm fully engaged in my programming until I feel something on the couch, turning my head slightly I see Vegeta what is he doing here. Not paying any mind I turn my attention to the television once again while finishing my last slice “Wow I can not finish a pizza, do you want the rest?” shaking his head, I drop the box onto the living room table sitting back I stretch out while taking note of the time
“Holy it's 11 already?” handing over the remote “ I think I'm going to shower and head to bed, do you want to watch?” looking at me he doesn't take the remote but continues to stare, very awkward “alright then…” turning off the television before I can get up “What was that?” completely confused at his question “ the movie? I don't know I remember watching it a long time ago, it's about some twisted romance wh'”
“No, earlier, what were you doing” I'm starting to regret my `revenge' plan it definitely didn't work out how I wanted.. especially where this conversation is going “Oh, well I was just playing a trick on you” I say those words but painfully I can not admit a small part of me that actually wanted to do it, just to see how he might feel,… about me.
“I see” I watch him get up and I can't deny the aching part in my chest I feel bad, in fact I feel terrible “I don't know why I did it, I suppose it's because I wanted to see how you would react.”
“And what did you think? he asks me, should I say the truth or lie?“I was surprised, you're better than I thought” that cocky smirk remerges I instantly knew I shouldn't of said that, “ that's what they all say”
“Oh , ha ,ha Veg-head, I meant your composure, seriously look at me!” raising my hands and doing a little side pose to display my point “I'm Hot”
Snorting at my comment “ I thought we came to that conclusion” shaking my head “ no, I mean Hot as in, attractive”
“Hardly, who would find a loud mouth bitch attractive?” in that moment I'm surprised, not by Vegeta's rude ass comment that I am used to by now, but how he finds attractiveness through my personality. Physically I am a beautiful woman but he doesn't see that, but what he see's is my ugly personality.
Smiling softly “you're interesting” stunned he steps back “what the hell are you talking about!?” getting up and straightening my clothes out “You, you're so…interesting.” Looking at him I flash him a true smile “what was it like in space?”
Crossing his arms “ more than you could ever handle” nodding at his answer “that is true I never traveled much in space except to Namek” laughing slightly “ haha Namek, that's the first place we met, can you believe that?!”
“no I can not” his voice is dry and humorless “Who would know that soon after you'd be here and still here, fate is a crazy thing huh?, well I'm gonna turn in so, night veg-head” turning on my heal I make my way up the stairs and into my bedroom.
After getting my PJ's I stall for a bit. Tonight was indeed a productive night, though Vegeta has been here for quite a few months, it's good to know there is so much more than what I had originally thought about Vegeta. Walking out of my room I check to see if the washroom is occupied Why would it be?, it's only me and Vegetathis weekend.
HR
Done finally, haha sorry got finalssss, REVIEW, REVIEW REVIEW, COMMENTS, THOUGHTS? I def love to hear from you hears it means SOO MUCH you have noo idea!!! Please comment!!!
Heart
Sammu