Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Gohan ( Post Cell Games ) ❯ The training begins ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4 The training begins !
 
“Gotcha ! Thanks a lot , guys , here I go !” Gohan stepped into the ROSAT , bringing along his 2 new sets of gi , beans and his backpack .
 
Gohan started to sweat as soon as he entered the ROSAT .
 
“Well , the room is as humid as usual,” Gohan laughed to himself . Gohan took off his casual clothes and kept them into his backpack . Afterwards , he put on one of the gi piccolo had given him earlier. It was a purple gi with a purple shirt , pants , light blue wrist bands and belt along with a pair of brown shoes . Gohan decided to keep the other set of identical gi in his backpack for future use .
 
“I think remain in my base state throughout the training for better results ,” said the young boy , making up his mind . Gohan turned to his right and saw three different training chambers .
 
“Wow! So Dende has been upgrading the ROSAT from time to time . Let's get to work ! ”Gohan exclaimed excitedly . Gohan warmed his body up by doing 500 push-ups and 300 sit-ups continuously before entering the first chamber with a sign “Endurance Chamber”.
 
Gohan studied the description on the door of the chamber and read it aloud , “Please stand into the shining panel on the ground of the chamber . Say START to commence and END to stop the training . This is applicable to all the other chambers .”
 
“Okay…..” stated a puzzled Gohan as he stepped onto the shining panel . Four ki rings were formed , each gripping one of Gohan's arms and legs while holding him in the air.He saw a cannon like machine emerging from the ground , aiming straight at him. .
 
“START!!!” Gohan yelled .
 
“We will start will front endurance ,” said a mechanical voice from within the cannon.
 
“Huh? What's a front endurance ? ”asked Gohan in a confused manner .Without warning , the cannon shot countless ki blasts which exploded upon contact with the boy's body . Gohan winced and yelled in pain . After 1000 shots , the cannon stop firing . Gohan `s body was in a mess . His once clean purple shirt was vertically ripped more than half revealing burn marks and bruises on his shoulders , chests and abdomens .
 
“Haaa….. So it stopped . What's the point of wearing a new gi if it's going to be shredded in the first training ?” Gohan questioned himself , panting .
 
“Now we will proceed with the back endurance , ” the cannon spoke again .
 
Before Gohan could say another word , the ki rings turned his body backwards , leaving his back exposed to the cannon . The same projectiles were fired towards Gohan's back and stopped after firing 1000 consecutive ki blasts , leaving several scratches and cuts on his back .
 
“END….”said Gohan with a weak voice . The ki rings around Gohan disappeared , dropping his body on the cold cement floor with a loud thud . He could not even stand still after the impact so he glided himself slowly towards his backpack , took a bean and consumed it . All his injuries were healed and he was energetic once again . Gohan was going to put on his second set of identical purple gi but he gave it a second thought .
 
“Even if I put on a new pair of gi , it'll get tattered anyway . That'll be such a waste !” Gohan thought .
 
Gohan tore of the remainings of his shredded purple shirt and used them as sweat towels . He found himself in front of a big mirror , staring at his own reflection. He realized how much his body had developed since the Cell Games and blushed to himself .
 
“Let's carry on to the next chamber !” Gohan exclaimed as he approached the second chamber with a sign “Illusion Chamber”. Gohan study the descriptions on the chamber's door .
 
“So.. The fighter will create an illusion of his worst enemy and moments ,” Gohan told himself . As Gohan walked into the chamber , he was shocked . A green android was waiting for him in his super perfect form .
 
“C-Cell…” Gohan gasped. This Cell was however , silent and attacked his target without hesitating nor warning . Since Gohan was in his base form , he couldn't match Cell's speed and ended up receiving a few backslaps , punches , kicks , elbows , knee strikes and ki blasts .
 
“Heheh….. So this is what Cell felt when I tortured him in my ssj2 form before ..” thought the young saiyan , panting , while Cell sent a kick to his chests . Gohan was sent skidding across the floor .
 
Suddenly , an injured Piccolo appeared out of nowhere and was lying on the floor next to him . Cell fired a kamehameha wave towards piccolo but Gohan saved his mentor and avoided the attack just in time . However , this was the chance Cell was waiting for and he shot a death beam directly through Gohan's left chest . The Piccolo faded from his sight , making him realized that it was only an illusion . Gohan forced himself to stand up and enclosed the bleeding hole on his left chest with his right hand while gasping for air .Blood flowed steadily from the hole on Gohan's back but he tried his best to continue the fight with Cell until he decided to END the program with Cell disappearing from his vision and he exited the chamber .
 
“I should try to endure the pain for as long as I could and not relying on the beans too much ……” Gohan thought .
 
Meanwhile , at this unfortunate moment , Chi Chi was extremely worried about his son .
 
“He went to a boxing tournament earlier and maybe he's playing with sharks right now!!” Chi Chi thought .She took a visit to Baba , the fortune teller . Through Baba's crystal ball , Chi Chi saw his son standing shakily , with his upper body exposed and scratched and the worst of all , his left chest was pierced.
 
“Oh God !! My baby suffered the same injury as Goku when he fought Piccolo , long time ago …. Somebody helped him!!!!!!!” Chi Chi screamed and fainted on the spot with Baba catching her .
 
After enduring the pain for 12 minutes , Gohan started to feel dizzy due to the massive blood loss from the injury so he took another bean and got healed . The bleeding on his chest stopped and the chunk of flesh was restored. Gohan continued to the last chamber , the “Toughness Chamber”.
 
As the young saiyan entered the chamber , an icy lake with some heavy metals greeted him. Gohan read the instructions on the door , “The fighter have to carry a metal of certain weight and swim in the lake for as far as possible .”
 
“Well, sounds interesting !”Gohan exclaimed , intrigued by the training process . Gohan touched the metal with a label “2 tonne ” and it attached to his back like a bag . Gohan started to gasp for oxygen after swimming for 211 kilometres in the nearly frozen lake . He END the program and warmed his body up by charging his ki . He then decided to call it a day . Gohan continued with the similar trainings for five days in the ROSAT which are only a few minutes in the real world .
 
At the end of the fifth day after Gohan had his last training , he found that he had no more beans left . Although feeling dizzy due to the exhaustion and injuries from his trainings , the 11-year-old boy grabbed his backpack and braced himself to the exit. He lost his consciousness right away after exited the ROSAT .
 
End of chapter 4