Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Relationships ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: *looks at Hercule* I didn't do it.

AN: Thanks to those of you who reviewed. Oh, and Kahlan if it were me, I wouldn't let me live it down either. lol. Loin. lol. On with the fic.

* * *

"He said yeah," Krillian said poking his head in the door.

"Tell him if he's not ready when we are we won't wait," Eighteen said.

"Sure thing, Babe." He winked at her before he walked out the room.

She smiled. He was such a goon sometimes. But she loved him. She picked up her brush and began running it through her golden locks. It was hard to imagine her life without him. But maybe that was because she didn't remember much before him.

Before Gero, her life was a blur. She didn't have any full memories of her childhood, just bits and pieces that would be triggered by a sound or a smell. Often in these visions she would see a dark hared woman with startling blue eyes but nothing more. She never thought much on these memories though assuming that the past was better left there. At least that's what Seventeen always use to say.

He was another frequent ghost in these visions. Though that Seventeen smiled a lot more than the one she watched be absorbed by Cell. She felt more than knew for sure that as children he got her into worlds trouble. It was the twinkle in the mischievous boy's eye whenever he flashed into her mind that told her this.

Her first full memories came when she had awoken in Gero's laboratory for the first time. She couldn't remember anything, not even her own name. She sat up straight and lightly touched the back of her head. Her head throbbed and she felt different, stronger somehow. She recalled looking over her hands and feeling the power surging through them. Feeling eyes on her, she turned to the left and there he was.

He was sitting in a matching pod and was staring at her with the oddest expression on his face. She couldn't even remember his name and yet the word, "Brother," slipped from between her lips.

He nodded his head in the affirmative but before he could utter a word a door opened and an old man stepped inside.

"Ah, you're awake," he said. He walked over to stand in front of their pods and looked them over. "You are magnificent. Not that I expected a creation of mine to have been anything less, but I must say this is a best even for me," he smiled a secretive smile and added, "so far."

She and the dark hared boy looked at one another in confusion. The boy looked at the old man and asked, "Who are you?"

"Wouldn't you rather know who you are?" he asked knowing full well that he had wiped their memories clean. He smiled at their matching frowns and answered. "I am Dr. Gero and you are my creations, Androids 17 and 18. I created you to exact my vengeance on the world."

The twins looked at each other again and their frowns deepened. "Which one of us is which?" the boy asked.

Gero's smile widened. "You are seventeen and she is eighteen."

"What vengeance are we to exact?" This came from her.

"Well it all started with a boy named Goku," Gero sneered. He proceeded to tell them about the destruction of the red ribbon army, their creation, and what he expected of them, all the while describing them as his little creations. To say it became annoying was an understatement.

When he had finished his little speech, she and seventeen looked at each other and came to a decision. With a nod from her, seventeen turned to the scientist.

"So, if we're so powerful, why should we obey you?" he asked climbing out of the pod and began walking towards his master.

Gero was flabbergasted and began to sputter. "Well because-because I am your creator- your God!" His eyes widened in fear as the twins smirked and began circling him.

"Excuse me, Master. But to be one's God doesn't one have to be superior to the other being?" she had asked.

"I am superior to you! In mind!" Gero protested as they stopped circling him.

The Androids smiled at each other. "You must not be. Or else you would have seen this coming," Seventeen said as he raised his hand and tried his new powers for the first time. He succeeded in obliterating a part of the lab. She decided to join the fun and together they began destroying the room.

Gero stumbled over to a table and picked up a small rectangular device. "Oh, but I did see it coming," he said before he pushed the button and shut them down.

Eighteen stared into the mirror as the memory faded and another began. They were on the battlefield and Android Sixteen was fighting Cell, trying to protect Seventeen and herself. He seemed to have the upper hand and had told them to run while he held off the disgusting green creature. She wanted to grab Seventeen and get away but he was so in awe of Sixteen's power that he didn't move. And that was his folly, for the green demon came from under the ground behind him and absorbed him before he even knew what had happened.

The machine side of her could only think of what this monster would now do to her but the human side-the side buried deep within- wanted to cry and scream. He was gone! The last link she had to her past, whatever past she had left. She remembered feeling a strange moist residue forming in her eyes. She didn't know what it was, having not been acquainted with it before, so she fought it. She hind her pain and fled, though that had turned out to be for not.

She sat down the brush and ran her fingers through her hair. She still thought about him often, though not with such anger any more. She often wondered why she had been saved and he hadn't. She remembered Krillian's wish for him but since no one had seen him, she could only assume it hadn't worked. Maybe they were wrong and she would see him again but she didn't think it was possible. Her brother had left a whole in her heart, luckily she had found two people willing to try and fill it.

"Momma!"

Eighteen turned on the vanity stool as her daughter came in the room.

"How do I look?" the eleven-year-old asked as she spun around to give her mother a good look at the floral print knee-length yellow skirt with pink flowers and matching yellow tank top.

"You look lovely, little one," she said, her voice full of love.

Marron smiled brightly. "And I curled my hair, see?"

"It's very nice."

Marron eyes were full of excitement as she asked, "Do you think Trunks will like it?"

Eighteen's smile fell slightly. She didn't really approve of her daughter's growing infatuation with the blue-eyed Saiyan but there wasn't much she could about it. "I'm sure he'll think you look very nice," she said after a moment.

"Are my girls ready?" Krillian asked stepping into the door.

"Yep," Marron said. She walked up to her father and spun in a circle, then looked at him expectantly.

"You look gorgeous," he said knowing what she wanted to hear.

Marron giggled. "Momma said that Trunks is going to love me in it. I'm going tell Master Roshi we're leaving," she said leaving the room.

"Marron that's not exactly what I said-" Eighteen called but her words fell on deaf ears.

Krillian turned to his wife in shock. "Trunks?" he asked.

Eighteen sighed and shrugged her shoulders. She stood up and walked over to the door. "Let's go," she said.

They walked outside and Krillian decapsulated the small motor boat. When Marron and Master Roshi came out, they sat out on their way to the Briefs' Bar-B-Que.

* * *

I promise the next one will be a humorous one. Please don't forget to review. Thanks for reading.