Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ What would you wish for? ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
By StarbearerTM.
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama and Funimation do. This is fan fiction and I don't get paid for this!
Chapter 3 What would you wish for?

Vegeta curled around the small frail human hours later. Slowly he woke up with her warmth around him and his scent bathing and mingling with hers. He felt the urge to protect this treasure, but knew that he needed to find the dragon balls. Bulma blinked up, and smiled at him, rubbing the hair before his ear. He grumbled and blinked.
"Come here, love," she whispered. With dark eyes he blinked at her in wonder. Now that he'd taken her she was no longer afraid.
"I have to find the other dragon balls, Bulma, I'm sorry but I cannot stay with you," he said quietly.
"I can help you, I have the Dragon Radar," Bulma cooed, kissing him gently.
"So that's how you," he trailed off as she straddled him, and massaged his scared chest. Slick with sweat, she moved against him.
"Yes," she nodded.
"You must show me," Vegeta said quickly.
"What will you do with them?" she asked.
"Make a wish, you silly Bulma," he said, tickling her so she screeched happily with laughter.
"I… ah… what… will you wish for!" she cried, squirming in his light grip.
"Immortality," Vegeta grinned. He pressed her lips in a hungry kiss, twining muscular arms protectivly around her and rolling her so she was pressed against him. Bulma held him close, returning each bit of his hungry desire that he pressed into the heated embrace.
"At least… that wish makes sense," she sighed. Vegeta straightened up and tossed aside the sheets. He brushed a lock of hair out of her face as he leaned over her. Midnight dark eyes showed tiny reflections of herself in them, her blue hair a mess because of what she had given to him.
"And what would you have?" he asked quietly, stroking her cheek delicately.
"There were other dragon balls on Earth that only granted one wish, as you know."
"What would you wish for, Bulma? Does immortality seem so bad?" he snorted, looking at the sadness in her eyes. He held her down as she tried to climb out of the bed.
"It's not something you'd understand," she said, turning away. Vegeta glimpsed a hint of pink on her flushed pale cheeks.
"Try me. I command you to tell me, woman," he said, taking her in his arms once more. Covering her protests with his lips, he proceeded to show her how much he'd truely learned. Bulma sobbed through the force of it, weeping because she knew that it was a side she might never again see. Trapped under his spell, she relented.
"I wanted… to wish… for the perfect… boyfriend," she said with a shy smile, withdrawing for breath. Vegeta smirked, and sat up. He pulled Bulma into his lap, holding her captive. Softly he nibbled her neck, then chuckled.
"Hn, is that so?" he asked, leaning down to seize a fold of skin in his teeth. She screamed as he bit down hard, whimpering at the force of his canines piercing.
"OW why did you do that!" she sobbed. Vegeta stroked her perfect shoulders like they were fine sculpted marble to steady her against him.
"Shhh, don't be afraid. It's a custom among my people. If you are alive after Freeza comes, you'll understand, Bulma," said Vegeta quietly, lapping the blood. "But you are supposed to be smart. So why are you playing dumb?"
"I'm NOT dumb," she snorted. "What's a hickey going to do for me?"
"Is that what they call the mark?" he asked, fingering the bruise that was forming on her neck. Two matching nips on either ear showed where he'd bit her before. Slowly he untangled himself and stretched, grabbing his garments to get dressed.
"What mark? Wait, you said that you didn't see a mark, and that's how you could tell that I… oh wait a minute!"
"I'm the last of my kind, woman," the Prince said quietly. "Pray that you won't be the last of yours…"
"You're not going to kill me are you?" she sniffled.
"No, Bulma. Get dressed and I'll take you to your friends. They'll need all the help they can get to defeat Freeza… and find the dragon balls before he does."
"There are four wishes," she said.
"Yes, and you owe me one. I wish for immortality," he said quickly.
"Are you so sure you'd want it?" Bulma asked, sitting up. He gently handed her clothes to her. Mumbling he put on his boots, and reached for his gloves. Bulma pulled on her pants while he walked over and picked up the scouter lying on the table.
"Don't question me," he said gruffly, putting on his scouter. Bulma finished putting on her shoes as Vegeta pulled the rest of his outfit on. She grabbed the armored vest off the dragon ball and stumbled over.
"Don't forget this," she said. He took it from her as if it weighed nothing, and tugged it over his head. She made no move to pick up the ball where it lay.
"You make no move to take it, why?" Vegeta asked, seeing her try and brush the tangles out of her hair. He sat next to her on the bed, and started to pick them out with his gloved fingers.
"Because you're more powerful than I am, and I don't want to die," she said softly.
"Wise woman," he said. "Perhaps there is hope for you yet. now let's go. There's food on Freeza's ship… and your two friends if they have any sense should be there with the rest of the dragon balls."
"Yes," she nodded. Stumbling, she realized that she wasn't going to be able to walk straight for at least a week. Still she felt sticky from his exuberance, wishing she could have a nice hot bath. Vegeta pushed the dragon ball into her hands.
"Hold onto that, and don't let go. If you lose it, your life is forfeit," he said. Bulma nodded, and whooped with surprise as Vegeta scooped her up love cradle style. Clutching her close to his chest he kicked open the door and carried her out into the Namekian morning. Before long they were streaking through the skies towards where Krillin and Gohan awaited.

"Vegeta?" she asked quietly when they had flown for about an hour. Already the sun had risen above the horizon. Underneath them sped the blurred rumpled hills mingled with limpid pools of green water. Around them shimmered the envelope of his blue ki, punching into the air with great force. Judging from the rate the landscape blurred, they were traveling close to the speed of sound, perhaps breaking it.
"Yes Bulma?" he asked.
"Does this mean… I'm yours?" she asked.
"Hn," he nodded. "There was no other alternative…"
"Thanks for making me feel wanted," she snorted.
"You don't understand, you idiot," he said quietly. "Saiyans don't mate with outsiders, unless there is no choice. For pleasure yes, but to procreate no…"
"But we didn't use protection… and I'm not on the pill… what if I…"
"A question for another time, female," he said quickly. "But your son will be a prince… when he arrives…"
"I didn't ASK to get knocked up!" she protested.
"Just hope you're alive to see him born, female," Vegeta said angrily. "And that I will crush Freeza so there is a world for you to return to…"
"I'm sorry Vegeta. I forgot… your world…"
"Was destroyed by that monster," said Vegeta sourly.
"That's why you want to make him pay, for destroying your world… I understand…"
"I didn't ASK for your understanding, female," Vegeta said coldly.
"You've got it, whether you want it or not, your Majesty," Bulma said quietly. "And I hope you kill that miserable fucker…"
"That you can be assured I will," said Vegeta with a smirk.
"If you don't, then Goku will."
"I won't let Kakkarot deny me satisfaction!" he snarled.
"Together you two can avenge your race, Vegeta!" Bulma snapped at him. "Get over yourself! You may be the prince of all Saiyans, but even a PRINCE needs subjects to command in battle doesn't' he?"
"Yes he does, Bulma," said Vegeta quietly. "Now say nothing more of this… I grow weary with this line of discussion. I am in a tolerable mood, and I don't wish it further soured."
Bulma clamped her jaw shut. For the rest of the way she held tightly to the Prince, letting him streak like a comet over the planet's surface towards where the signal bleeped the brightest. Within minutes she saw two figures waving down below, next to a large ship. Hanging onto Vegeta she yelped.
"It's THEM!" she gasped. "Vegeta! You were RIGHT!"
"OF course I was, you stupid bitch," he mumbled, coming in to land. He set Bulma down, and took the dragon ball from her. Shyly she walked beside him, as he approached the two armored figures. Bulma swallowed hard to see Gohan clad in a skintight suit, and white armored vest. Next to him Krillin laughed resting his hands on his hips. A black and tan armored vest terminated at his waist, where his legs were bare and his arms were as well, in an outfit identical to Raditz.
"Bulma!" cried Krillin.
"You're okay!" Gohan cried as he rushed up and grabbed Bulma up to hug her. She leaned down and hugged him tightly to herself. Krillin moved in and caught them both up in his exuberant embrace. The three Z soldiers patted one another on the back, exchanging rapid flurries of conversation.
Apart from them, Prince Vegeta of the Saiyans stood awkwardly. He sniffed at the weakling emotions displayed before him. Up in the distance he saw a flash and a streak fall with the trail of a meteorite for a brief second. All around them he sensed the distant presence of kis closing in. Bulma released her friends, stepping closer to Vegeta who had walked up towards them.
"Enough wasting time. Ready yourselves… he's coming," Vegeta barked. "Where are the other balls?"
"Here," said Gohan, motioning to him.
"Thanks for bringing her back, Vegeta," said Krillin. "We almost thought you wouldn't…"
"Enough drivel. I need no gratitude from you, cue ball. Bulma, go take this and put them with the others. When the time comes, you hide yourself. I won't have you getting in our way, you understand?" Vegeta snapped.
"Yes, your majesty," she said quietly. Gohan and Krillin exchanged strange glances because she seemed far more subdued than usual.
"Huh?" Gohan blinked. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, don't worry," Bulma said sharply. "Let's just do this…"
"Whatever you say, sheesh," Krillin blinked. Vegeta had a small smirk on his face, which puzzled them both greatly because Bulma was blushing profusely.
"What are you staring at, move it!" Vegeta snarled at them. The two Z fighters rushed quickly to show him where they had hidden the dragon balls. Bulma walked behind them, sighing deeply as she looked at the Prince.
"Why do I have to fall in love with the bad boys?" she thought to herself sadly. She hoped Vegeta would survive and yet she had a sick feeling she would see him fall with all the others. Vegeta's eyes met hers, and gave a silent nod as if he had read her mind. Bulma squeezed her eyes shut, wiping away the tears that threatened to form. Unconsciously she hugged her stomach, and he lifted a dark brow in query.
Vegeta walked over to her, and brushed a lock of stray blue hair from her face. Bulma wiped away a tear as he concealed the sight of her crying face with his body. Two shadows cast long in the low sun as she grasped his gloved hand. Gohan and Krillin had already put considerable distance between the two. Sobbing she threw herself at the surprised prince and clung to him tightly. He stood there stiffly, hands at his sides, unsure of what to do. Finally he raised his gloved hands to her shaking shoulders and wrapped them around her. For a time they stood there, in silence, as Bulma soaked his hair. Her tears rolled down the armored white vest as Vegeta stared into the distance. So hard and strong he felt pressed to her soft quaking body.
"Don't get yourself killed," she whispered in his ear.
"I won't, Bulma. I am..." he choked, and coughed away the weakness he felt.
"The Prince of All Saiyans," she said, rapidly in Japanese. Reluctantly he released her, and pushed her back from him.
"I will come back, Bulma, this I know," he said quietly.
"May the spirits keep you safe," she whispered, watching him rush off after the others. A part of her would never be the same, and she knew it was the same for him. Had she found her prince only to lose him again?