Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Bliss Not off the Hook ( Chapter 28 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
 
by Trynia Merin
 
Bliss Not Yet Off the Hook
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. I only own Bliss aka Chablis. This isn't for profit! Sorry this took so long to get back to Trunks and Chablis!
****
Last time we left Trunks and Bliss:
 
"This is too weird," Trunks shuddered. Bliss backed away, dropping her power levels to nothing. Trunks released his Super Saiyan transformation, gold leeching from upward spikes. Lavender hair obscured his eyes partly, and he leveled his azure gaze at Bliss.
 
"So, you're Saiyan? And you said that my Father was wrong when he said all Saiyans had dark hair?" he asked.
 
"Won't he be pissed?"
 
"It's VERY rare, but some females are born with blond or lighter pigmentation. Some Saiyans have brown or blue hair. Some of us are not full blooded, and have interbred with Idsarjins. But your father was correct when he said Saiyans had dark hair, because he meant male Saiyans. Only females have the variance in light pigmentation. It's recessive. When I was young, I dyed my hair black to be like the other females, or shaved it. My mother's hair is the same color. When she courted my father, she shaved her head like his to catch his eyes, only leaving a lock in the back," she laughed.
 
"Seriously weird," Trunks mumbled, feeling the heat of her gaze. While Trunks had previously watched her with great interest since she first arrived, he had felt that there was something unusual about her. Yet as many times going through the halls of the company it amazed him that a female Saiyan had lived under his nose. Obviously her tail must have been cut off.
 
"I still have the scar, like you do," she said, turning around. Her low rider jeans slid up a bit as she pulled off her labcoat. He saw the hint of a furry brown spot in the right place.
 
"I believe you, you don't have to show me," he chuckled, seeing the tattoo that covered the area artistically in a half belt.
 
"Thank Lord Bok Choi for that," she cursed.
 
"Lord… Bok Choi?" Trunks asked. Noticing the intense sour look as if she had swallowed an entire lemon, he could tell this character was at the top of her get even list.Although his gut told him she was telling the truth, another part of him remembered the terror in his mother's eyes and the surge of fear he suddenly felt like a tidal wave. His mother was terrified. It burst through the adrenaline, inflaming Trunks anger. The shock of Bliss admission had rendered his anger dormant, but now it bubbled up with a vengeance.
 
"I believe you, Bliss, but I want some answers," Trunks said, feeling her power spiking. Something instinctively warned him that he had to be on his guard lest Bliss' power surge.
 
"I thought we had an understanding," Bliss gasped, feeling the ground tremble. Her eyes widened at the sight of lightening flickering over his form.
 
"Not so FAST! You scared the HELL out of my mother, and I don't LIKE that. Why did you think you had to lie to her?" Trunks suddenly shouted, eyes blazing turquoise.
 
Wind shot up and swirled his hair vertical, while lightening arced around his body. Shimmering gold spiked upward from Trunks' inclined head. He stared at Bliss with aquamarine eyes lit from within. They were twin sapphire coals burning into her soul. Every inhibition dropped away from her beholding the Legendary. Before she could speak another word, he raised his hand, flicking it in a semicircular motion. Gold flames surged out to incarcerate her, squelching her power aura. She felt like an ant beholding a titan, about to be crushed underfoot.
 
"I only serve the house of Vejitasei. Please forgive me, your majesty," Bliss said, throwing her hands over her face.
 
"Get one thing straight. You messed around with my family when you could have come out with it. You might be a Saiyan, but I want you to remember who's stronger," Trunks rasped.
 
His eyes slanted exactly like his sire the Saiyan no Ouji, and his grandsire Vegeta no Ou from her history tapes. Terrified she dropped her aura, knowing he was finally meting judgement.
 
"I only did what I thought was right, forgive me," she breathed. She quaked in terror. Trunks felt a wave of distaste flare over him seeing her grovel.
 
"Don't," Trunks snapped. "Stop it. I'm not a god you worship. I'm just a Super Saiyan. Someone you should respect, but not someone you should be terrified of."
 
"I promise I won't do it again, please have mercy!" she yelped.
 
"Stop it. This isn't Vegetasei. It's Chikyuu. And there's enough killing and fighting for one lifetime that I've seen. I'm not like them at all. So don't crawl like a bug when you should be looking me right in the eyes like any other human being!" Trunks shouted. His hand flashed out to grab her wrists securely, forcing her to face him at eye level.
 
"I am not worthy! I'm the daughter of an elite, and I've angered you! The punishment for failure is death!" she stammered.
 
"LOOK at me when I'm talking to you, Bliss," Trunks ordered.
 
"Don't you understand, Sire? It's your right to punish me," she said haltingly, eyes tearing over with shock. Although she had seen many enemies, the anger mingled with disgust in his face melted away. A look of sorrow and regret replaced his frown the next instant he saw the woman beneath the warrior.
 
"You're coming with me, someplace we can talk, Bliss," Trunks said after a long uncomfortable silence. "We have to get a number of things cleared up, and I don't think I want to do that here in the middle of this wasteland."
 
Bliss gasped sharply when he let go with one hand, then dropped to his knee. To her shock he boosted her up into his arms, firmly holding her so she couldn't escape with a grip of iron. The very air vibrated with his mammoth power dwarfing all others like a supernova. Her teeth rattled in her head as Bliss felt the burst of Saiyan speed rocket them nearly five thousand feet vertically. Soon his golden ki envelope wrapped them both, slashing into the air. Windows rattled indicating Trunks broke the sound barrier with contemptuous ease.
 
"Sire?" she asked.
 
"Trunks, call me Trunks, got that?" he snapped. "I know you can fly yourself, but right now I'm not in the mood to wait for you to keep up!"
 
Her heart pounded with this show of aggressiveness. Just like a male Saiyan, she rejoiced inwardly.
 
Although he claimed to be peaceful his blood surged with the tendencies of a true warrior born. Half bloods were rumored to have little stomach for fighting, but when the tables were turned, they would hold their own with the full hands down. Trunks pressed his lips together, his jaw clenched firmly while he clutched Bliss with an equivalent tension. She could feel his muscles bunched up with adrenaline. Anger warred with the desires of a young man, something Bliss could smell easily from the male musk scent wafting through the smell of ozone.
 
Does he have any idea of what he was doing to me, Bliss wondered? Instinctively responding to a Saiyan female with a show of brash possessiveness was something no other male had done.
 
All she could do was throw her arms around his neck and hold on. Something forced her power to desert her in that moment. It was a mixture of terror and great desire, the responding of a Saiyan female to a male's display of machismo. Like a Cavorting duo they had fought, and drawn blood. He had proved his supremacy, and had shown her that she was to serve him. By all rights her life belonged to him. To do with as he pleased.
 
"If I may ask, what punishment you've devised," she breathed. "My life is yours to…"
 
"If you don't cut that shit out, I'm going to have to think of something!" Trunks grumbled, growing weary of the sudden display of submissiveness from the otherwise brassy female.
 
"Of course sire… I mean…"
 
"The FIRST thing is you haven't gotten my name right once, Bliss," he sighed.
 
"Do you not comprehend the magnitude of your bloodline? I only…"
 
"Vegeta's my father, but Bulma's my mother. I'm a human as much as a Saiyan," Trunks cut her off. "And humans don't treat each other like shit. Get used to it. And as for your life belonging to me…"
 
"It is Saiyan law," she said quietly. "It is dishonor for an Elite's daughter to refuse such a debt. Even though you are Royal Blood, you should know that."
 
"Fine, whatever," Trunks sighed, shaking his head.
 
Clearly this woman was still strongly engrained in her Saiyan upbringing. No manner of life on Chikyuu had erased the years of conditioning. He knew suddenly the frustration his mother felt when dealing with Father. First and foremost Bliss was a Saiyan elite's daughter, a Second Class warrior at the very least.
 
"What is your command, Sire?" she asked.
 
"Shut up and enjoy the ride," Trunks relented, remembering she respected a male's dominance.
 
"As you wish," she nodded, her tension melting. Trunks felt her stiff muscles relax, her body laying comfortably in his grip. Now that he had pushed back, she was much more comfortable. The soft-spoken words of a human boy would not reach her like the harsh commanding tones of a Saiyan male. Although it drove him crazy he realized she expected him to be like his father, cold and calculating, a ruthless warrior of steel with no heart.
 
"How does a Prince's son act?" Trunks found himself wondering. If she had wished back the Saiyans, how many were alive.
 
As they approached the distant spires of West City, Trunks sensed his mother's intense emotions abating. Relief flooded through the bond he shared with his mother. A commanding thought surged overtop, eclipsing it. His eyes widened, recognizing his Father's commanding thoughts echoing in his brain.
 
"Go to Capsule," Vegeta's voice spoke right in his mind.
 
"Father?" Trunks asked, focussing his thoughts.
 
"Have you defeated Napa's whelp?" asked Vegeta.
 
"Yes. I don't get it… she's… she's saying something about her life belonging to me. I don't understand," he said.
 
"Accept it. To refuse is to dishonor her as a warrior," Vegeta answered sharply. "You will take her back to your Mother's home, and await my next order. Don't let her out of your site. And remember she knows you are a Prince's son. See that you act as such."
 
"Why?"
 
"Don't ask questions. She was raised as a Saiyan. Unlike you. So learn from her," Vegeta answered. "I will speak with you tomorrow."
 
"Father wait," Trunks further queried.
 
A stone wall slammed down, halting any further conversation mentally between Vegeta and Future Trunks. He gritted his teeth, mentally counting to ten. Sometimes his Father made no sense, at other times he was correct. There was no telling what Bliss would do if she had no guidance. Besides, she was a source of information. Here was the unique opportunity to ask her anything about Saiyan culture, and him.
Five minutes later, Trunks gently descended. His gold hair faded, taking on its lavender appearance before dropping around his face again.
 
Bliss saw the blue light fade from his eyes, leaving them that intense sapphire still. No Saiyan male had eyes quite that color. Even the Idsarjin half bloods had eyes no lighter then a light brown or gold. Female half bloods however sometimes had streaks of blue and black in their hair with green or light blue eyes. Trunks hair color resembled an Idsarjin's, without the black and white streaks that went with it. He had the coloring of a female half blood, extremely rare, but exotic. Much like an albino would be on Chikyuu. Or a red head.
 
Male hair color ranged everywhere from black to light tawny brown. Eye color of males could even range on hazel, but those were few and far between. Full-blooded females often were brown or even copper or blonde. The few rare female full that were blonde were seen as freaks by some, and desired for the Harem by the King. Often the female if she was an elite would dye her hair brown or black rather then be send off as a Concubine.
 
Third Class almost NEVER had the lighter colors. Elite Females were the most likely to be of a softer coloring. Her mother had dyed her long plume black, while shaving the sides of her head. Some second class females did so as a special 'honor guard' for the Queen when she was alive.
 
Bliss had dyed her hair black or brown when young. But among the Idsarjin she had let the natural color of honey light brown show through. On Earth she fit right in. Considered a freak on Vegitasei, she was normal here. Trunks would have suffered the same fate, even if he was Royal blood. All males of royal blood had brown or jet black hair, and coal black eyes. It was the hallmark of beauty for males. There was no telling just how many Saiyans dyed their hair black to maintain an illusion. Prince Vegeta had holes in his knowledge, that were going to be filled by her and others.
 
Trunks wondered why he was thinking about hair. Blinking down at her, he said, "We're landing."
 
His yellow sneakers touched lightly down on Capsule's front lawn. The front doors opened, spilling his Nana and Gramps. Both rushed up to him, blinking at the sight of him carrying Bliss in his arms. "Oh my, are you all right?" Bunny gasped.
 
"You okay, sonny?" his Gramps asked, then saw Trunks had his hands full literally. "Or do you want to be left alone?"
 
"Are you two okay?" Trunks asked, setting Bliss down. He felt a hot flush creep across his face, but still kept hold of Bliss. She shyly interlaced her fingers with his, knowing he desired his claim.
 
"Who's this? I remember you worked in Solid State electronics. Bliss Simms was it? The Vice president says you're in a lot of trouble, young lady!" Dr. Briefs glared at her.
 
"I'm sorry sir. I…"
 
"She's with me," Trunks interrupted. "Is mom… um, Dr. Briefs junior here?"
 
"She's with your father," said Dr. Briefs. "Bulma just called here, and she says she's fine. But she said that if you came back that you were supposed to stay here, and then come when she next called."
 
"Well don't just stand there, come inside! Bring your ladyfriend in! I have a huge supper that's going to be wasted with nobody eating it!" Bunny said, rushing up and grabbing Trunks and Bliss' hands.
 
"Nana, she's with me. Gramps, she won't bother us anymore. I'm keeping an eye on her," said Trunks quickly.
 
"Sure, sure. Bulma said that you'd keep her under control. But you're effectively fired for what you did, Miss Simms. I don't tolerate disobedience, and you put the company at serious risk," Dr. Briefs coughed. "But you're a guest here, so I'm certain Bulma will have other work for you… as an independent. But you'll have to prove…"
 
"Whatever you say sir," she inclined her head.
 
"Come on, come on," Bunny urged. "We'll talk about it over dinner. The poor dears must be starving and our little Princess and her young man did say she was a guest."
 
"I guess we should go. And you have a LOT of explaining to do, remember," Trunks glanced at Bliss from under his fringe of lavender hair. He gave her a stern stare, followed by a small smile.