Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Once and Future Trunks ( Chapter 29 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
 
Once and Future Trunks
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama does. I do own Chablis a.k.a. Bliss Simms, and Dr. Atomique Stellari. I don't get any money for this. For those of you who asked about Baby Trunks, this chapter should interest you! My continued thanks for you reading this, loyal fans!
 
****
 
"Would you like more coffee Bliss dear?" Bunny Briefs asked.
 
"Yes thank you, Ma'am," Bliss Simms a.k.a. Chablis nodded, shifting in the love seat next to Future Trunks. He held up his mug so Bunny could lift the silver coffeepot and top off his after she refilled Bliss' mug. For the past hour or so she had struggled to explain what was going on to Dr. and Mrs. Briefs, helped occasionally by Trunks.
 
"So, your father works for Vegeta, huh?" said Dr. Briefs. He reached up to pet the cat that curled around his shoulder. It gave a soft mew, and stood up to arch its back and yawn. Then Scratch precariously lay back down on her perch and gave Bliss a bored look.
 
"Yes. His name is Napa," Bliss said.
 
"Sugar and cream?" asked Bunny, holding up the pitcher.
 
"Cream please," she mumbled. Trunks automatically grabbed the sugar tongs and plopped two cubes into his java, but held up his hand when Bunny passed the pitcher over his.
 
"No thanks. It's double sweet," he said quickly. Still he wore his navy blue Capsule Corps Jacket with the collar turned up. Bliss sat on the edge of the sofa with her knees crossed, chewing on her lip. She was thankful for the coffee mug to keep her hands from fidgeting.
 
"And you say that your father Mr. Napa and Mr. Radditzu are to be trusted, and they simply wanted to test if Mr. Vegeta was allies with us humans or not?" Dr. Briefs cleared his throat. He cast his blue eyed gaze on Bliss.
 
"Yes. I used the Dragon balls to bring them back to life. I love my father, and I know he's made mistakes. But I wanted him to have a second chance. Your daughter gave the Prince a second chance, with all due respect sir," Bliss said. Trunks nodded, urging her silently with his azure gaze to speak up.
 
"That may be, but you put us at considerable risk not coming clear. Considering your previous employment although under duress for Red Ribbon in Colonel White's espion corps with Dr. Stellari," Dr. Briefs said. Through his thick glasses his eyes bored with the same intensity and sternness of Bulma and Trunks next to her.
 
His fading hair was almost the same shade of lavender, falling before his eyes. Assembled on the sofa, she and Trunks sat opposite Dr. Briefs in his easy chair. He rustled his paper and regarded Trunks and Bliss overtop of it.
 
"I can assure you, sir that I only wanted to help my Prince," she said.
 
"She's a Saiyan, like my Father," Trunks interrupted.
 
"Like Bulma's nice young man. Well I'm sure she just missed Daddy just like she said," Bunny shook her head and sighed dramatically.
 
"Well," Bliss mumbled. Trunks made a shushing expression with pursed lips, and drew his finger across his neck to stop her explanation.
 
"Gramps, I'm gonna keep an eye on her, don't worry. She's learned her lesson. She's only looking out for Father's best interests," said Trunks. Bliss swallowed the lump in her throat, wondering why Trunks was going out of his way to speak on her behalf.
 
"Well young lady, I'm convinced you're not a threat to my company. But you're on probation," said Dr. Briefs. "And you're not to go anywhere without this young man here, or supervision. Now where are those two…? Mr. Napa and Mr. Raditz?"
 
"Training with Father," said Trunks. "Mom's there too. They thought it was better to keep the Saiyans away from people till they learned to get along with humans."
 
"Wise choice," said Dr. Briefs. "So, are they going to help us fight these androids you mentioned?"
 
"Absolutely. They serve the Prince of All Saiyans," Bliss piped in quickly. "As do I. I swear it on my life."
 
"That remains to be seen. You will be reinstated, but you'll work here at Capsule under MY supervision. You and Dr. Stellari both."
 
"Dr. Stellari wasn't involved in this," said Bliss quickly.
 
"That had better not be the case. I requ8ire her skills to develop a plastic for my gravity chamber that is ki resistant. Her polymers are the best," said Dr. Briefs. "And since you know about Saiyans, you can work with me as well."
 
"Thank you sir," she nodded, sighing as she gulped down more coffee.
 
Bliss swirled the thick mug between her hands, watching the cocoa swirl up along the side and subside again. Nervously she tapped her foot, swearing if she still had her tail it would be twitching nervously behind her. Still she felt that phantom limb sensation and Trunks saw the frown crossing her face.
 
Miles away, Future Trunks and Bliss looked at one another. Trunks cried out, as Bliss looked at him. "What's wrong?"
 
"MOTHER!" Trunks cried. "She's in pain... and she's alone!"
 
"What... where?"
 
"I gotta go bliss, she's in trouble!" Trunks cried.
 
"Whom, young man?" asked Dr. Briefs, getting up.
 
"What's wrong is something going wrong with my baby?" gasped Mrs. Briefs.
 
"Call the hospital. I'm going to go get mom," Trunks said.
 
"Where's Vegeta?" asked Bliss. "Oh no, my little baby…"
 
"How do you know?" Dr. Briefs asked, leaping up to rush to the phone. "What's happening with my daughter?"
 
"I'm on my way! Don't' worry, I'll get her!" Trunks said, rushing out the door. He snatched up his sword and belt as he whisked away.
 
"Now wait a minute!" Dr. Briefs yelled.
 
"I'll go after him!" Bliss said, glancing at a very angry Dr. Briefs and a frantic Mrs. Briefs ringing her hands. She rushed over to the telephone.
 
"You have to tell me what's going on with my daughter!" Dr. Briefs snapped.
 
"I promise I'll tell you as son as I know!" Bliss shouted, rushing out the door after the gust of wind that had been Trunks.
 
"I'm coming Mother," Trunks vowed, blasting off with Bliss trailing behind him. What had started as a meditation session had turned into a race against time? In his minds eye Trunks saw his mother drop to the floor hugging her stomach. Water surging on the carpet with blood.
 
"No, hold on there mother!" Trunks mentally sent into the air. He pleaded her to hang in till he came. Blood and water surged like a red river.
 
"Trunks, I'm right behind you," Bliss vowed, gunning her white energy to surge full blast after him. Her long blonde ponytail flapped behind her as she sensed the waves of horror from Trunks. Blinking, she wondered how she could feel what he felt without even a taste of his blood.
 
***
Bulma groaned, falling on her knees. Vegeta was off training Napa and Raditz, leaving her alone with her mother. Dr. Stellari and Launch had gone back to Capsule in one of the capsule jets earlier that day. So she was alone in the capsule house in the middle of the desert. Something lurched in her abdomen, and Bulma cried out again. She panted, tears in her eyes as her heart pounded, and something wet suddenly burst between her legs. All over the carpet the water gushed, and Bulma wailed.
 
"Oh no, oh NO!" she gasped, scrambling for her cell phone. Unfortunately it had tumbled out of her hand, just outside her grasp. Bulma struggled to roll over and crawl, only to feel another blinding wave of pain flush her strength away. It was as if something drained her life force out of her body like a sponge. Something was wrong with the baby, and she guessed it was coming all too soon.
 
Miles away Bulma sensed a voice in her mind. She blinked, looking up as she curled up on the floor of the small capsule hut in pain. Vegeta had told her he would be back with Nappa and Raditz soon. Dr. Stellari was elsewhere with her two children and Chichi, and her mother was gone. So whose voice did she hear? A raspy voice that echoed clearly, "Mother I'm coming, hold on!"
 
"Trunks?" she gasped, blinking around her. Another wave of pain stabbed her belly. The baby was struggling against life, energy surging with the lifeblood gushing out. Clamping her legs together she silently willed the sharp contractions to stop. Moments apart they contracted to two minutes.
 
"Mother!" cried a loud voice, as the door burst open. Bulma gasped to see the silhouette of the young man rushing inside, kneeling at her side.
 
"Trunks... help me," she sobbed. "The baby..."
 
"Trunks what do I do? She... she's whelping!" Bliss gasped.
 
"Get a doctor!" Trunks yelled frantically as he gathered his mother into his arms. "Get to the nearest hospital and tell them to get a bed ready!"
 
"Trunks there's no time!" Bliss said quietly. "I smell her hormones, and blood... that water is from the baby's birth..."
 
"I can't. OHHHH!" Bulma wailed.
 
"Trunks, It's not safe to move her," Bliss said. "I'm going to get help!"
 
"Bliss..." Trunks gasped.
 
"Don't leave me!" Bulma wailed, gripping her son's sleeve.
 
"I'm here mother, don't worry," Trunks said as he boosted his mother into his arms and carried her into the bedroom. Bliss shot him a look.
 
"Should I stay?"
 
"I can help her till you get back," Trunks said quickly. "Get a doctor, hurry!"
 
"I'll be back as soon as I can," she said, leaning over and kissing his cheek. Trunks blushed as she shot out the door at top speed. Windows rattled as Bliss shot towards the nearest town.
 
"OH KAMI!" Bulma screamed, arching off the bed.
 
"Mom, don't worry, breathe... easy there," Trunks urged. "I'm getting some water... and towels... damn it... what did I..."
 
Trunks rushed about gathering things for an emergency birth. Like it or not the baby was on its way, and he was the only one who could help his mother now. Swallowing hard, he grabbed a basin and filled it. Radiating his ki he surged it to heat the water to boiling and put the basin by the bed. He slid fresh clean towels around Bulma, and helped unfasten tight clothes.
 
"Oh OWWW OHH!" Bulma wailed, eyes clenched tightly shut as she gritted her teeth.
 
"Mom, easy, I'm here... you're going to have to have this baby here I guess," Trunks blinked, feeling queasy in his stomach. He inhaled deeply, brushing lavender hair from his head. He removed his sword, and drew it out to cut away the clothing trapping her body. Blood surged around as Bulma panted hard.
 
"Breathe, damn it, where is Vegeta... where's a doctor, SHIT!" Bulma gritted. She grabbed Trunks sleeve, stopping him from getting up.
 
"Breathe, easy, just like me... don't worry I know first aid," Trunks urged, gripping her hand in his. She sobbed with relief as Future Trunks counted as calmly as he could. Blue eyes gleamed down into hers, as she squeezed his hand with a viselike grip.
 
"Something's WRONG!" Bulma gasped. "The baby... I can't feel it..."
 
"Mom stay with me, don't you check out on me!" Trunks urged, shaking her. Horror filled his young face as he felt two kis suddenly flickering like a candle flame. He sensed a tiny mind struggling to survive, feeding its own essence into his mother.
 
"No, no I won't let it happen!" Trunks shouted, grabbing Bulma's shoulders and lightly fanning her face. He placed his hands to her temple, squeezing his own azure ones shut. His mind reached out, surging after the ebbing light that was Bulma Briefs.
 
"I can't, it's too painful. The baby will die," she gasped.
 
"No, Mother, take my strength, please," Trunks thoughts echoed. "I won't let you die. Stay WITH me. Don't leave me alone!"
 
Images flickered between them, and Trunks could not stop them from bursting through the damn as he linked his mind to Bulma's. She clung to his thoughts like a lifeline, tugging herself up and the ki of the child flickering inside of him. Blue chikara surged from Trunks into his mother, bolstering the flagging kis of her unborn struggling to live.
 
A pounding in darkness came through loud and clear. Bulma felt tears in her eyes as she blinked up into the face of the boy from the future, who also sniffled. "Mother, please stay with me," Trunks urged.
 
"You're here," she whispered, smoothing aside his hair from his face. "You're here..."
 
"Mom, relax... just breathe, and push," he urged, feeling rivers of sweat soaking his forehead under the fringe of lavender hair. How long would it be till his namesake arrived. Eerily he knew that if not for him, he'd be dead. A temporal anomaly who was about to guarantee his own existence.
***
Bliss surged through the dessert. She sent a mental message to her father, cursing the fact that she had no scouter, and she had no presence of mind to use a phone. Who would understand Saiyan medicine? Trunks was trained in first aid, but perhaps Dr. Stellari might know something. Both women had gotten to know many things about the other over the time they had worked at the Red Ribbon compound. On the same day they had undergone nasty procedures bent on isolating the genes of great mental powers. Because of her Saiyan training Bliss had managed to deceive the scientists. Only by cutting off her own tail though, and modulating her mind. They attributed her great strength and bone structure to experiments in another division. It took great planning to hide her true nature.
 
Dr. Stellari's own fate had taken whatever latent TK abilities she had and pushed them to the limit. Able to generate polymers of various natures into any form, she sometimes lacked fine control over her powers. Bliss had used Saiyan science to develop a power suppressor to limit the ability till she was able to control it. It consisted of Saiyan telepathy to plant a subliminal cue in Stellari's mind. Whenever Stellari's power would threaten her, a psionic circuit breaker would clap down.
 
Ironically Bliss had guessed her co-worker would make a good mate for a Saiyan male. Especially since Red Ribbon experiments had enhanced Stellari's strength and bone structure to accommodate her new molecular TK powers. Constant exposure to a low grade Ki field generated by Bliss would nullify her powers to a safe level, the subliminal cue that trigged the psychic circuit breakers. So any time she was exposed to Saiyan ki, her powers would be suppressed.
 
Napa's thoughts echoed loud and clear as his daughter rocketed towards the source of Dr. Stellari's ki. "Little one what's wrong?"
 
"Father, Bulma's in trouble! You've got to tell the Prince!" Bliss cried out in her mind.
 
"He knows. You gotta go reassure the Concubine's parents come and give whatever help they can. And keep the local doctors away from them," Napa ordered.
 
"But what if she dies?" Bliss thought to her father.
 
"Radditzu's on his way. He's closer. He knows about whelps from his mother. The third class was trained in field medicine!" said Nappa in her mind.
 
"I wish you had let me learn about natural childbirth," she mumbled, hating the fact that her upbringing had prepared her for simply having her offspring removed and put into a gestational tank like other Elites. Only Third Class and Royals gave birth the 'natural' way.