Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Whelping Baby Trunks ( Chapter 30 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
 
Whelping baby Trunks
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama does. I do own Bliss and Dr. Stellari though. This is fan fiction and there is no harm intended to the series. I don't get paid for this.

"The newest round of pt356 will be undoubtedly ki proof," Dr. Stellari said to the assembled group of researchers in the boardroom. Pitchers of water and iced tea sat at intervals along the middle of the glossy wooden table. Reflections of her PowerPoint slides gleamed in its highly polished surface. Heads rested on hands and folded elbows as the other scientists listened to the chemist's diatribe.
 
"Dr. Stellari, is this part of the secret project?" asked Dr. Melmac, raising her hand.
 
"Dr. Briefs Junior gave me the go ahead," said Dr. Stellari, nodding.
 
Another hand raised, this time it was the young Mr. Infra. Stellari pointed her long retractable pointer at him. He straightened up in his chair and pushed bangs aside. "Lucky you! But are we still working on the other part of the armor development?"
 
"That's right. Dr. Briefs senior has engaged our whole team. Dr. Melmac you and Bakelight will develop new body armor based on our research. I will head the team with Infra and Styrene for the energy resistant polymers in the gravity stimulation project," said Stellari.
 
"Er, is this in response to yesterdays… incident?" asked Mr. Hirohito Infra, nervously blinking at Dr. Melmac's stern glare.
 
"We were told you had taken a temporary leave of absence. But some of us saw you carried off…" said Bakelight.
 
"What bearing does this have on the project?" Dr. Stellari glared at them.
 
"She's right. Dr. Briefs said that incident was to be kept secret. At the behest of her husband, Mr. Vegeta," said Melmac quickly.
 
"So the royal terror got his way," Mumbled Infra to Bakelight.
 
"Hem, do you have something to share with the REST of us?" Dr. Stellari glared at him.
 
"Um no ma'am!" he stammered.
 
"Then keep your comments to yourself," she glared back. "This is of the utmost importance. Those two people you saw infiltrating capsule are misguided former employees of Mr. Vegeta. He's taken them into our confidence, and we have NOTHING to fear from them."
 
"Sure could have fooled me. Are you sure Dr. Stellari?" asked Dr. Melmac.
 
"Dr. Bulma Briefs gave her word that Mr. Vegeta's colleagues were simply the byproduct of previous programming. But he has complete control over them. They will be the test subjects for our new military hardware. Are there any MORE questions?" Dr. Stellari asked.
 
"Are you sure we can trust them?" asked Mr. Infra.
 
"Yes," she said, glancing at them all assembled there with wide eyes.
 
“Oh crap what the hell is that?!” chorused business support personnel from just outside. Pairs of eyes behind glasses flickered back and forth nervously. Several thumps and bangs caused each of the scientists to grit their teeth. Dr. Stellari blinked in confusion, and then sensed a familiar presence. She slapped a hand to her forehead, dragging it slowly down over her glasses.
 
“Oh no, he DIDN'T,” she moaned.
 
The sounds of rustling and wind in the hall blew the door open, and all eyes diverted from Dr. Stellari to the figure that stomped in. Gasps and eyes widened to the size of golf balls when a tall figure strode arrogantly in. Long dark hair hung around his shoulders, and dark eyes glared at them predatorily from a height of seven feet. Everyone shrunk down in his or her chairs, terrified. His massive chest was encased in a blue and brown armored vest identical in design to the Royal Terror, which was their moniker for Vegeta no Ouji, Bulma Brief's husband. There had been times where he accidentally crashed into the side of their building only to shake him off and rocket off again, or yell at them to get out of his way when he searched out the Vice President.
 
“I demand to speak to Dr. Stellari,” boomed Raditz.
 
Nipping at his heels was one of the young secretaries in his short-cropped hair, bow tie and white shirtsleeves. "Mr. Bardockson, she's in the middle of…"
 
"I repeat, I must speak to Dr. Stellari," Raditz grunted, turning on the man who came only to his mid chest.
 
"I don't mean any harm to these idiots. I want to speak to Dr. Stellari, now OUT of my way," Raditz grunted at the business support personnel.
 
"Oh crap!" shrieked the scientists. Papers flew and chairs shifted as one after the other white coated figures ducked under the table trembling.
 
"What… what do you want?" Dr. Melmac stammered, peering over the edge of the table like the guy in a Killroy was Here cartoon.
 
“Oh good grief, Raditz, you didn't need to scare the daylights out of them! It's all right!" Dr. Stellari waved her hands as she whirled on Raditz standing just inside the door. His death ray stare caused the secretary to shrink down and knock his knees together. She marched up to stand right next to the Saiyan third class, and grabbed his arm. Raditz turned to her, his gaze momentarily softening.
 
"There you are. You have to come with me now. Dr. Briefs needs you," Raditz said firmly, grasping her arm and walking her towards the door.
 
“Dr. Stellari, should I call security?” stammered the secretary and several other scientists peering from around the backs of their chairs they cowered behind.
 
“No, it's all right. He's my… husband,” Dr. Stellari said with a blush.
 
“Your WHAT?” gasped the secretary.
 
“I have an ID pass, idiot, what do you want?” Raditz grunted, stamping his foot impatiently at the secretary. Yelping, he leapt backwards and crashed into the wall. Angrily the Saiyan held up the chain around his neck that held a Capsule Corps ID badge dangling from it.
 
“Mr. Bardockson, that doesn't give you the right to…” grumbled the secretary.
 
"Knock it off, Raditz! Excuse me, but what's this all about?" Dr. Stellari said sternly, moving around in front to stare up into his face fiercely.
 
"There's no time, you must come with me now!" Raditz growled.
 
“Your… WHAT?” Dr. Melmac stammered. “Don't tell me that… that CREATURE is married to you? What were you thinking?”
 
“Who asked YOU?” Raditz growled threateningly in his throat. “Did I STUTTER?”
 
"Excuse me, but this is EARTH, not Vegetasei. So say the magic word, if you don't mind," Dr. Stellari glared up at him hands on her hips.
 
"I can't tell you in front of them. Now come along, please," Raditz said gritting his teeth. He hated having to be polite, but for the sake of his mate he would comply. Seeing their researcher standing without fear next to the Herculean figure, the others peered from behind their chairs and under the cover of the table.
 
"Sir, please…" Dr. Melmac gasped. “You really DO work here?”
 
“He… he has an ID…” the secretary nervously swallowed, seeing Raditz brandish the laminated ID card in his face.
 
"It's all right. Mr. Raditz and I need to speak privately," said Dr. Stellari, turning to the secretary. He nodded, swallowing hard as he broke into a run. Raditz stamped his foot in irritation, shaking his long mane of hair.
 
"Idiots," he grumbled, making fists. He glared at the other cowering people, snorting in frustration. "WHAT?"
 
"Raditz, behave," Dr. Stellari glared up at him, squeezing his wrist tightly.
 
"They are your subordinates?" he asked.
 
"Yes, now let's go quietly and discretely," she glanced up at him.
 
"Dr. Stellari what about the rest of the project?" Dr. Melmac asked.
 
"Go on. I'll be back later!" she said, letting Raditz practically haul her out as she struggled to keep up with his long legged stride.
 
"There's no time for this drek," Raditz snarled impatiently. He caught Dr. Stellari about the waist and rushed towards the hallway of the front lobby.
 
"Hey now WAIT!" she snapped. Raditz blurred out of view, leaving in a whoosh of wind that scattered papers in a white tornado. Windows rattled along with the teeth of every office worker unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity. Doors slammed open then shut the next second.
 
Dr. Stellari yelped in protest as the world burst into a blur of variegated colors. "Raditz you jerk what the hell are you doing?"
 
"I need you," Raditz grunted. "And I've already wasted precious time with this foolish ritual."
 
"Will you tell me at least why you scared the hell out of my co workers and terrorized the office! You could have called!" Dr. Stellari protested.
 
"You are my mate and I owe NO explanation for seeing you at any time!" Raditz snapped. "The Prince has need of you and my particular abilities!"
 
"What's so damn important?"
 
"The Concubine is whelping," said Raditz. "And she needs help."
 
"Why not call a doctor?" Stellari glared at her mate annoyed.
 
"She's giving birth to a SAIYAN that's why. And the Prince does not want her to be in the hands of the primitive native medicines of this world!" he snarled. "You are a doctor."
 
"I'm a DOCTOR of science, not a medical doctor you twerp!" she snapped at him.
 
"I know that but you are a woman and you've given birth. You should know what to do. And you are the mate of a Saiyan warrior. That means you owe allegiance to the House of Vegetasei," Raditz growled.
 
"What's wrong with Bulma? Is the baby miscarrying?" she asked. "We need a doctor damn it! You could at least let me go and get Chichi. She's given birth to a half Saiyan."
 
"That's NOT possible. IF I set foot in Kakkarot's house I'd be killed. The boy sees me as an enemy, remember? There's NO time!" Raditz growled.
 
"Where's his Majesty and your buddy?" asked Stellari, hair flapping in the wind. Both rocketed through, breaking the sound barrier.
 
"They're already on their way. I was sent to fetch YOU because at least you've given birth before. And I'm trained in Saiyan field medicine,' he snorted.
 
"Have you ever delivered a baby?" she glared at him.
 
"Actually I have assisted in whelping to a few members of my family," he snorted.
 
"What the HELL?" Stellari glared at him.
 
"Third class and Royal are the only ones who whelp naturally," Raditz said impatiently. "I was one of the few still alive that knew the care of whelps before sending them into space. Who do you think helped whelp Kakkarot?"
 
"You were there when your BROTHER was born?"
 
"My father was not expected to do such lowly work," he said with a blush on his face. "What?"
 
"Giving birth is NOT lowly, you ass," she snapped at him.
 
"I know that. Don't you think it's a challenge for me to even consent to understanding your fool culture?" he glared at her.
 
"You sound just like the Prince," she glared up at him. "Sheesh. Stupid hairy baboon!"
 
"I shall assume that's a compliment considering your weakling race," he mumbled under his breath.
 
"I wonder how Bulma puts up with the Royal terror," she mumbled.
 
"Because no human male can give you what we Saiyans can," Raditz smirked.
 
"No argument there, but your personality needs improvement, no matter how great a warrior you are, Radz-chan," she mumbled.
 
"That is your job, to teach me the ridiculous niceties of this ningen culture," he grumbled. Glaring down at the inhabitants of the cities below he cursed in a harsh language of grunts similar to a chimpanzee or gorilla she had seen at the zoo.
 
"It's not THAT bad," she glared at him.
 
"Humph," he snorted. "Unfortunately it is."
 
Just then his scouter bleeped, and Raditz jerked his head upwards to pay more attention to the reading. “Who is it?” asked Dr. Stellari, feeling his grip around her waist tightening.
 
“Lieutenant Chablis,” said Raditz with a nod.
 
The figure blew up into a full sized female rocketing up to join their progress. Bliss Simms with her white lab coat flapping behind her gunned her velocity to match that of the third class. Her copper eyes fixed fiercely into those of Raditz and Stellari. “Good! You're just in time! I'm on my way to fetch the parents!”
 
“Chablis,” stammered Dr. Stellari. “What's wrong? Why am I being dragged off? You know that any doctor is more experienced then me!”
 
“The Prince doesn't want the enemy endangering his heir, Dr. Stellari,” said Bliss firmly. An inhuman gleam came over her eyes, and she flashed a set of sharp white teeth. Then and there Stellari saw the connection between her friend and the Saiyans. How much work did she have to do in order to blend in?
 
“Yes but why?” she asked.
 
“Please don't ask any questions. For the sake of our friendship you must help. The Prince's son is with her, and he knows. We need you to be with her. And I'm going to get her mother and father. It's custom for the parents of the Concubine to witness the birth of the Heir,” said Bliss.
 
“I can't believe I'm hearing this. Why don't we ask Chichi to help? After all she gave birth to Gohan,” Dr. Stellari again asked.
 
“Did you not hear me say that it's useless?” Raditz snorted impatiently.
 
“If Kakkarot and Raditz had reconciled yes, but now's not the time for wishful thinking. The Prince doesn't want his rival to see any sign of weakness,” said Bliss as patiently as she could. “Do you know how much that would screw things up trying to waste time to explain to the humans?”
 
“I'm human,” said Dr. Stellari. “And so is Bulma.”
 
“You are mates of Saiyans,” said Bliss. “That means you are selected above the rest of your race for a privilege beyond knowing. You cannot forget that. The Idsarjin females who took Saiyan mates never did. As such their planet was spared and annexed to the Vegetasei Empire.”
 
“This is Earth, Bliss. You've lived among us long enough to know that!” Stellari said quickly.
 
“Speak to her with respect,” Raditz whispered. “You are the mate of a third class. She outranks you. She's a Second class, daughter of an elite warrior.”
 
“Oh hell don't EVEN go there,” Dr. Stellari glared at him.
 
“Not now, Son of Bardock,” Bliss snapped at Raditz in that same guttural language. Dr. Stellari blinked, realizing she could somehow comprehend.
 
“I heard that,” she glared at them. “Don't mess with me, you two. I'm not stupid!”
 
“I have called the earth my home, but I am still Saiyan,” Bliss said not unkindly as they streaked over the desert towards the training complex. “You have to understand that we cannot abandon centuries of tradition. You are my friend. And that is something I don't give lightly.”
 
They touched down minutes later in the large area enclosed by a barbed wire fence. Round Capsule crafts stood next to launching platforms and gantries. Huge warehouses with tall doors housed the space ships, one of which Vegeta had taken before to train in space. A small cluster of the capsule houses nestled to the right and left. Bliss pointed towards the nearest one. Carefully Raditz set his mate down onto her feet once more. She clutched his wrist, still shaky from the rapid flight.
 
“In there,” she said. “The Prince and Napa will be here shortly. I must go.”
 
“You and I are going to have to talk, Lieutenant, with all due respect,” said Dr. Stellari sarcastically.
 
“Don't you see that our friendship is little to do with this,” Bliss started, frowning in confusion at her friend's sudden attitude.
 
“You have better things to do then associate with a third class mate don't you? I wouldn't want to get in your way,” Dr. Stellari said quietly, walking past her.
 
“As you say, Professor,” said Bliss softly, seeing the anger in her friend's eyes. Swallowing hard she again pushed away the training of ningen ways and let her own instincts glide to the forefront.
 
“Give her time, Lieutenant. She doesn't know our ways yet,” Raditz said, inclining his head to Bliss.
 
“Tell the Prince's son I'll be back,” said Bliss sadly. She blasted off in a flash of gold to fetch Mrs. Briefs.
 
Dr. Stellari rushed into the door of the capsule house. Close behind her Raditz strode with long legs, watching the flickering battle powers on his scouter with concern. A huge trace equal to Vegeta's dominated the back room, while a much weaker ki sputtered with that equal to a whelp.
 
“Drek,” Raditz cursed. “Hello!”
 
“In here!” called Trunks voice. “Who's there?”
 
“It's me, Trunks! I heard Bulma's in labor!”
 
“I need some more hot water and towels! I… she's having problems,” Trunks stammered.
 
“Allow me,” Raditz said, dragging Stellari by the hand into the back room. Bulma lay on the bed, with a sheet pulled up to her waist. She writhed in pain, her eyes tightly shut.
 
“Oh hell,” Dr. Stellari muttered, rushing over. She grasped Bulma's hand, sponging sweat off her friend's forehead.
 
“I gave her some of my ki. Father says you know about delivering babies, but excuse me if I don't believe it,” Trunks glared at Raditz, not moving far from his mother's bedside.
 
“She needs to squat,” said Raditz. “Let the weak gravity of this planet pull the baby out.”
 
“Huh, no kidding,” muttered Trunks.
 
“Get her up, woman,” said Raditz quietly, nudging Dr. Stellari. “She needs to get up and walk. Let gravity pull the baby out.”
 
“Are you INSANE?” Trunks glared at him.
 
“Trunks shut up! I want this damn baby OUT!” Bulma yelled at him.
 
“Mother,” he gasped.
 
“Don't worry about it,” said Dr. Stellari, rolling her eyes. “C'mon Bulma, get up. I think I know what my mate's doing.”
 
“Your WHAT?” asked Bulma, blinking at her. “What the HELL is HE doing here?”
 
“Trying to help you,” said Dr. Stellari. “He says he knows about Saiyan mid-wifing.”
 
“This is insane!” Bulma gasped as Dr. Stellari slid a hand under her back. Trunks helped on the other side, helping Bulma to stand between them as Raditz moved off to get fresh clothes. He lay down a series of them making a path so Bulma could shakily get up and walk. She staggered against Trunks and Dr. Stellari, gasping and panting.
 
“She must walk, and she must squat when the pain is greatest. That's the only way she can whelp,” he said quietly as he stood close. Trunks glared at him, still not totally convinced a huge warrior knew anything about helping give birth.
 
“Oh hell, not AGAIN!” Bulma cried.
 
“Get her down, now,” said Raditz quickly, moving close so he leaned in front of them. Trunks still helped to lower Bulma with Dr. Stellari's help so Bulma could squat. She sobbed, feeling Trunks wipe off her forehead as Raditz's shape blocked the light.
 
“Oh no, I want it OUT!” Bulma sobbed. “Vegeta I so HATE YOU! DAMN IT!”
 
“Mom, it's okay, breathe,” said Trunks.
 
“I'm BREATHING DAMMIT!” Bulma screamed at him.
 
“But mom,” Future Trunks stammered as if she had slapped his face. Blue eyes widened to resemble a puppy slapped with a newspaper for piddling on the floor.
 
“Don't take it personally. Listen to me, your Majesty, you must breath with me,” said Raditz.
 
“Get LOST you bishonen!” Bulma shrilled at him.
 
“Bulma, push damn it! You're the Vice president. Push DAMN IT!” Stellari shouted, gripping Bulma from behind.
 
“I AM!” she hollered. She felt Dr. Stellari from behind while Raditz leaned forwards and supported Bulma's wrists.
 
“Hold onto my arms and do whatever you must, your Majesty,” said Raditz softly. “I don't care if you pull my hair out. You MUST push at the right time or the whelp will tear you in two.”
 
“How the FUCK do you know anything?” Bulma snarled at him, eyes blazing with fury.
 
“Get more hot water, please,” Raditz said politely as he could as Bulma seized handfuls of his hair and tugged on them angrily.
 
“Just listen to him, Bliss is getting your mother,” said Dr. Stellari helpfully. Raditz began to mumble something under his breath. IT sounded like a bizarre chanting in Saiyan.
 
“What is he doing?”
 
“My mother said it helped with the breathing,” Raditz blushed. “When I was there when she whelped Kakkarot.”
 
“You were there when GOKU was born?” Bulma gasped her eyes wide as saucers.
 
“Yes, Majesty,” Raditz nodded. He steadied her arms locked around his from before her while Stellari stood behind. “All Third Class first born watch over their mothers be they male or female when the second is born. There were no females alive to do this.”
 
Trunks burst back in, but a white gloved hand stopped him. “Where do you think you're going, brat?” asked Vegeta.
 
“Father, where were you!” Trunks shouted, shaking his hand off. “Mother's dying!”
 
“She's NOT dying fool,” Vegeta snorted. “This is woman's and underlings work. Stay out of there. You'll only make it worse!”
 
“Raditz isn't a woman,” Trunks glared at him.
 
“Bu he is an underling. The Third class knows what he's doing. All slaves male or female who attended the Concubines were trained to whelp. Since Raditz was one of the few alive who had experience, if I ever took a mate he knew…” Vegeta tried to explain. “
 
“She's my mother!” Trunks exploded at him. “And you're just standing there like it doesn't MATTER! Don't you CARE?”
 
“Shut up boy, and mind your place,” Vegeta glared at him. “Right now I'm trying to make sure her life is saved. In my own way. And if you respect my authority you will not QUESTION me again. Or else I WILL leave her to the primitive barbarism of this backward mud ball! Do you realize what they would do if they knew she carried a half Saiyan? She might end up in a damn LAB like Chablis!”
 
“Father,” Trunks panted, feeling Vegeta move around to block him from going into where Bulma labored.
 
“Listen to me. I will only say this once, Trunks,” Vegeta snarled in his throat. “Those androids knew about us. They knew you would be there. Doesn't it occur to you they must have FILES on Saiyans, and they would attack us when most vulnerable? That heart virus must have been made by HUMAN hand to target Saiyans.”
 
“Yes but…”
 
“You make me wonder sometimes, boy. Think for a moment!” Vegeta snapped. “There is a REASON I'm doing this. If you lead ANYONE you'd understand that there are times when you have to be dispassionate. And now is one of those times. Or you'll get in the way!”
 
“Father I'm sorry,” Trunks gritted his teeth. “I thought you didn't care.”
 
“If I was truly like Freiza I wouldn't be here at all, boy, making sure the child was born the SAIYAN way,” said Vegeta.
 
“Chichi could have helped!” said Trunks angrily.
 
“She wouldn't have understood. That harpy would cause more harm then good. I don't have TIME for explanations. And Kakkarot must NOT see this moment of weakness,” he said.
 
“Father that's NOT true!” Trunks growled, his eyes gleaming turquoise momentarily.
 
“If you are loyal to me, then you must accept my commands, Trunks,” said Vegeta quietly. “I cannot endanger my royal line's survival. Not for anything. Since yours was the hand that slew Freiza, you're obligated to learn traditions so that if something should happen to me, you will take my place as the Prince of all Saiyans.”
 
“Don't talk like that,” Trunks blinked at him, swallowing hard.
 
“VEGETA!” Bulma screamed. “You son of a BITCH!”
 
“Pipe down woman!” he growled. Grumbling he pushed past Trunks and marched inside.
 
“Father, you can't talk to her like that!” Trunks snapped, seizing his arm.
 
“She's MY mate, I'll talk to her as I please, brat!” Vegeta snapped. “Now OUT of my way!”
 
Angrily he shook Trunks hand off his arm and strode into the back bedroom. Bulma paced around in a circle, holding onto Raditz' arm on one side and Dr. Stellari's on her other. Panting she stumbled then felt herself gently urged to kneel again on the path of towels. A loud scream came from her lips as Raditz came to the part of the whelping chant where she would again push. For the past hour or two it was pace, contract, and squat. Then a push or two before she could pace again.
 
“Well, what's going on?” Vegeta asked.
 
“You ASSHOLE, you did this to me! I HATE you!” Bulma shrilled at him. Vegeta winced, glancing at Raditz with some measure of sympathy.
 
“How far along?” asked Raditz. Stellari helped Bulma lay back against her knees, and switched places with Raditz so she could peer at the dilation.
 
“She's getting to that point,” she panted.
 
“Is the head or the tail seen?” asked Raditz. How he could be so emotionless, Stellari wondered. Yet it seemed the best action because Raditz's detachment was a welcome port in the emotional storm.
 
“Mother!” Trunks said, rushing into the room. Vegeta held him back with one arm.
 
“Sire, she needs more energy,” Raditz said, his scoter flickering with the telltale drop in Bulma's ki.
 
“Very well. You see there is a reason for this, boy. Watch and learn. My father didn't lower himself to be present to give the ki to his Concubine when I was whelped. Someone ELSE had that honor. But he did not properly follow tradition,” Vegeta said, pushing Trunks back. He moved over and squatted next to Bulma, kneeling behind her after Raditz moved aside. Dr. Stellari moved before Bulma to peer between her legs as the Prince glared at Raditz.
 
“Only the woman may look,” he glared at Stellari. Raditz continued the low Saiyanese chant while Vegeta took Bulma's head and shoulders onto his knees. Blue ki crackled from his gloved hands, surging and moving into Bulma's body. She sobbed and blinked up into his face, swallowing her questions.
 
“Vegeta. What are you doing?” Bulma demanded.
 
“My father never did this to my dam,” said Vegeta quietly. “But it is Saiyan tradition. Ancient tradition for the King to give his prime mate the energy needed to deliver his heir. So be quiet and let me do what I must.”
 
Bulma felt the blue aura expand to encompass her whole body. Vegeta's ki moved over her like an azure blanket, surging over every aching nerve cell. Like anesthetic it washed out the pain, infusing every cell with new energies and life. Inside the baby stirred, as her own body gained the life force given by the Prince. Against her mind his brushed, surrounding and protecting her from the pain and fear.
 
“Push with me, Bulma, do it now. You must FIGHT it. Every Saiyan female is a warrior because she must survive the whelping,” he growled. Trunks rushed over to kneel beside his father and mother, his eyes widening in wonder at the shimmering sapphire aura expanding to encompass the whole room.
 
More kis surged at Trunks' sense. He glanced back over his shoulder to see his Nana and Gramps standing just inside the door with Bliss near them. “My baby! What's going on?” Dr. Briefs gasped.
 
“Relax sir; the Prince is helping her give birth. The Saiyan way,” said Bliss.
 
“Oh my its so beautiful,” Bunny gasped, clasping her hands together.
 
“Don't be afraid, just watch. Your daughter is privileged. The Prince is synching his ki to hers, so she has the strength to bear your grandchild,” Bliss said, pushing them behind her.
 
“But she's my baby girl! Why didn't they take her to a hospital?” Dr. Briefs growled.
 
“Gramps, I think it's okay,” Trunks said, standing up and moving over to his grandparents. Understanding dawned in his face, which moved out of its imperial frown.
 
“Watch, and stay back,” Vegeta snapped, glaring momentarily from within the blue aura that enfolded Bulma. Raditz had grabbed Stellari and pulled her back to shield her with his own white energies as the power climbed in the small room.
 
“Ohhh,” Bulma gasped, tears down her face.
 
“Push woman, push! Do this damn it!” Vegeta gritted, feeling the fire along his veins. “I command it!”
 
“SCREW YOU, prick!” Bulma growled, feeling the ring of fire surging in her belly. Something slipped from within, shoving and spreading her lower body in ways that she hated and thrilled for.
 
“I can see the head,” Dr. Stellari gasped. Mrs. Briefs dodged around Trunks and rushed over to kneel by Bulma.
 
“Oh my gosh she's right. Easy honey, Mommy's here,” Bunny said, reaching out to touch and ease with the bloody mess slithering out.
 
“One more!” Raditz panted, seeing the strain cross Vegeta and Bulma's faces.
 
“OH hell!” Bulma cried out. Bunny nudged Dr. Stellari out of the way. Trunks glanced down, his eyes wide as the blood dripped on the towel beneath Bulma's spread legs, and something twisted between Bunny's hands.
 
“How does she know what to do?” Bliss whispered to Dr. Briefs.
 
“She had Bulma the natural way,” Dr. Briefs shook his head. “Damn.”
 
“This is so different,” said Bliss, peering as she shielded Dr. Briefs with her own aura. Power crackled to a maximum, and Bunny was encompassed in the royal blue envelope. She gasped as she helped pull the head and shoulders out and suddenly she grasped the slithering wet mess that was moving and squirming.
 
“It's here, it's here,” Mrs. Briefs laughed, unfazed by the mess and blood pooling there. Raditz quickly threw her several towels while Trunks crouched next to his father in awe. Stellari helped to pull the baby outwards and sponge him off with the clothes and other linen that bunny quickly shouted for. Wordlessly Raditz rushed to and fro, grabbing things that were needed.
 
Vegeta's aura dropped, and the Prince gasped, inhaling deeply as he backed against the wall. Bulma panted as well, resting with her head and shoulders in his lap. A strangled cry pierced the room, and Trunks looked down at the white bloody baby squalling in frustration at being forced into a chilly place. Vegeta saw the blood of something else being brought out, and saw the movement of the small bundle that Bunny quickly wrapped up.
 
“It's a boy, it's a boy! Oh sweetie his ADORABLE!” Bunny laughed.
 
“A son, a grandson! Kami!” Dr. Briefs laughed, grasping Bliss arms and whirling her in a dance. Leaving her dizzy he rushed over.
 
“My baby, my baby,” Bulma gasped, feeling the bundle placed on her chest. She clutched it close, seeing a pair of very blue eyes opening and peering up at her in mid cry.
 
“His hair's… purple,” Vegeta blinked. He peered at Trunks crouching there, tears blurring his blue eyes.
 
“Oh he looks so much like your baby pictures, dear!” Bunny laughed up at her husband.
 
“He looks like a shriveled raisin, and he's purple,” Vegeta blinked. He glared at Trunks as if it were his fault.
 
“Wow,” Trunks mumbled, leaning in to see the baby blinking up in confusion at his mother. Bulma's eyes filled with a gleam of pride and love so tangible that Trunks brushed at the tears in his eyes.
 
“Something in your eyes boy?” Vegeta grunted.
 
“Aren't you going to cut the cord?” asked Dr. Briefs. He knelt by his wife, peering in pride as his grandson.
 
“Father, it is custom,” said Trunks quietly.
 
“Humph, fool humans,” Vegeta mumbled, reaching to unwrap the blanket. He leaned down and grabbed the scissors, doing the deed. Then he pushed the blanket around the baby again. Something brown and furry curled around his wrist and he blinked in shock.
 
“A tail,” Bulma mumbled.
 
“Of course, what did you expect?” Vegeta glared at him.
 
“Wow,” Trunks whispered, seeing the very blue eyes that opened from the scrunched face. Vegeta shoved the boy into Trunks arms.
 
“Hold that a minute,” he mumbled.
 
“Father?” Trunks asked.
 
“I'm well pleased, woman,” Vegeta said as he leaned down and nipped Bulma's ear. She clung to his white gloved hand sobbing in joy. Trunks saw a pair of blue eyes identical to his blinking up at him in wonder.
 
“Hey there little guy,” he mumbled and smiled sheepishly. “How are you?”
 
“Vegeta dear why don't you hold your son?” asked Mrs. Briefs.
 
“Wait a minute!” he snapped. Trunks pushed his counterpart into his father's arms. Dr. Briefs held up a camera, clicking a picture of the astonished Prince leaning with his wife on his lap and his baby son in his shaky white gloved grasp.
 
“Trunks, meet Trunks,” Bulma said with a smile of triumph, reaching out to grab Future Trunks' arm.
 
“You sure you want to give him that ridiculous name?” asked Vegeta.
 
“Honestly!” Bulma glared at him. Future Trunks looked awkwardly at his parents and his baby self, feeling the strange thrill that he was going to exist in this time and place. The pride gleaming in his father's guarded face moved through his heart with a painful but welcome ache.
 
“He loved me. My father WAS proud of me, Trunks thought to himself, smiling through the tears that he brushed quickly away.
 
“Don't just stand there, get a picture!” Bunny said, pushing him beside his parents and his younger self.
 
“But wait I don't think I should hold him,” Future Trunks stammered.
 
“There won't be a paradox, honey,” Bulma weakly glanced up at her son from another reality. “You've created a separate timeline by coming here.”
 
“Do it, brat,” Vegeta glared at him, shoving his baby self into the older boy's arms. Trunks reluctantly held his doppelganger, and smiled shakily as Dr. Briefs pushed the camera into Raditz's hand. The male Saiyan peered at the box in surprise.
 
“Hold it up and look through it, dummy,” Dr. Stellari sighed, showing him how to operate the thing. Forgotten the third class had stood up next to his mate, watching the whole birth with awe once Bunny took over. Bliss had stood on the sidelines too. She moved next to Trunks, peering down at the purple haired baby with wonder. Never had she seen a natural birth.
 
“Say cheese everyone!” said Dr. Briefs, moving next to Vegeta as Bunny urged Trunks to hold his `twin' and move next to Vegeta and Bulma. Captured for all time was the unlikely clan that was Vegetasei. Bliss watched as Trunks handed his younger self to his nana to hold and coo over.
 
“I'll be damned,” Bliss whispered.
 
“Amazing, huh?” Trunks said with a smile at her. “Thank you.”
 
“What for?” she asked as he moved back to let his parents and grandparents welcome his other self. Trunks felt like he was intruding.
 
“Bringing my grandparents here,” he said quietly. Bliss wiped away tears, swallowing hard as she felt Trunks arm draped around her shoulder.
 
“Uh well I was doing my duty,” she stammered.
 
“Shut up,” Trunks laughed, patting her back. “C'mon, I think it would be best if we made some coffee.”
 
“But you're the Prince's son, Trunks. If anyone should be here it's you,” Bliss said.
 
“Let them have their time with him,” Trunks said, helping her to stand. “Mother, I'll be in the kitchen.”
 
“Good idea young man, that is so thoughtful! I'll help you!” Bunny cooed, rocking her grandson in her arms.
 
“No, don't worry about it. You enjoy the moment,” Trunks waved, taking Bliss by the hand and leading her out. Vegeta grunted, watching his Future son walk off to leave them in peace. Raditz dropped in a salute, arm crossed over his chest as he extended his hand.
 
“Hail to the Prince's son,” he said.
 
“Get up idiot and go help them get food. My mate needs refreshment!” Vegeta barked at him. “And take your mate with you! Your services will be rewarded.”
 
“Thank you sire!” Raditz nodded. Grabbing Stellari's hand he led her gently out of the back bedroom. She still couldn't believe what she had just seen.