Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Unforseen Dangers ( Chapter 44 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
Unknown Dangers
By Trynia Merin aka StarbearerTM
Notes: This chapter is for Butterfly V who suggested that I have a chapter on Raditz and Goku's talk, and Gohan questioning Dr. Stellari about her marriage to Raditz. So thanks for the suggestions! And Sarawardly I am so glad I'm helping inspire you to write again! That means a lot! And thanks to all my other reviewers who have encouraged me to continue this!
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama created it, and Funimation and Toei Animation Co. own it! I only own my fanchars Dr. Stellari, Fermi and Bohr and the story idea! Please don't sue me because I'm not looking to get rich!

"That's quite a story, Professor," said a deep voice just inside the door. Dr. Stellari gasped as she leapt up. Piccolo himself stood in a corner with his arms folded. He peered at her from beneath a turban, his eyes dark and cold.
Stellari shuddered in terror, memories flooding her mind of blinding pain. A lance of spiraling fire that shot through her stomach burned brightly. Tears dripped down her cheeks as memories not her own rushed through.
"It's… it's you…" Stellari gasped, holding her hand to her abdomen. She backed away, her hands over her belly.
"Interesting, you seem petrified of me, Professor," Piccolo said as he glanced at her sternly. "Why would that be?"
"Mr. Piccolo, you heard?" Gohan asked, leaping up.
"You… you're the green man… oh my god…" Stellari panted.
"Are you okay… Mr. Piccolo what are you doing to her?" Gohan gasped, helping her to stand. Her eyes were huge with fear, her whole body trembling as she held up her hands in a defensive posture.
"Nothing. It's her own thoughts that are making her freak like that. But there's a good reason why and she knows what it is."
"You heard what we were talking about…" she stammered.
"Every word. Very nice, Professor. But I've got a hard time swallowing it. I have to admit it explains a LOT about you and your friend though," Piccolo grunted. He strode over to where she stood, squeezing Gohan's shoulder tightly.
"You're scaring her, Mr. Piccolo," Gohan said, as he moved protectively before her. "Relax, he won't hurt you."
"I only know what I know, sir," said Stellari, trembling in fear. He glared down at her, and then stood a mere foot from her.
"Yes. And it looks like it was a good lesson too, if you learned the way I think you did," said Piccolo.
"Piccolo, stop it!" Gohan shouted. "You might hurt her and the babies!"
"Sit down Professor. And Gohan, you sit down too," said Piccolo firmly. "I've no quarrel with the woman. I just want some answers for myself."
"Mr. Piccolo, she can't hurt you or me," said Gohan with a shake of his head. "Sit down Mrs., okay. Piccolo won't hurt you."
"She's not my enemy. But that doesn't make her any less dangerous," Piccolo grunted. "For an ex Red Ribbon Army operative."
"You know, don't you," she said.
"I want you to tell me EVERYTHING you know about the Red Ribbon army. Now," said Piccolo sternly.
"All right then, Mr. Piccolo," she said, not sure of what to call him. Gohan sighed; grasping Dr. Stellari's shaking hand and squeezing it. Sheer Terror ran through her.
"I guess that will do. I won't hurt you or your offspring. That's not how I operate," Piccolo snorted. "You've got no argument with me. I just want information. And since you were kind enough to tell Gohan here the truth, you'll do the same with me, got it?"
"Mr. Piccolo! She's scared to death! Why are you being so mean?" Gohan reproved him.
"Don't argue with me, Gohan. You know as well as I do why I've got every right to be wary. But since Goku brought you here, you're going to share what you know. Do you know anything about the Androids or Dr. Gero?"
"I'll tell you what I can," she panted.
"Stop shaking. I'm not going to kill you, woman. Besides, I've got enough hassle from your husband to last a lifetime. Not that he could cause Gohan or me ANY harm with a wimpy power level like he has!" Piccolo laughed. His white fangs gleamed, and she realized why she was horrified.
"I… I don't know why I'm so scared… I can't help it," Stellari stammered.
"It's because you're seeing me through HIS eyes and memories, isn't it?" Piccolo smirked. "He's THAT scared of me? Amusing."
"It's NOT funny!" Gohan said. "Why are you doing this to her, Mr. Piccolo?"
"It's not me. It's Raditz. She shares a mind bond with him. She's probably shared all his memories of what happened just before he died. And that explains her terror, Gohan," Piccolo explained. "That's how she knows. What that husband of hers did. And she's smart to be afraid. But she's not exactly a weakling like she seems, are you?"
"What's he talking about?" Gohan blinked, staring at her.
"I wasn't just a scientist. I was a soldier and operative as well," Dr. Stellari confessed. "I have killed people before, and I make no excuse for it. When you have two sons that are threatened you'd do anything to protect them."
"And that's what that husband of yours did. Threatened to hurt your boys if you DIDN'T cooperate," Piccolo snorted, glaring at her. "Why they made you do what you do. Don't look so shocked. You're just as capable of killing as I. I respect that. But you don't respect yourself or your powers. You're just hiding like you're another human when you're every bit as dangerous."
"I've had enough fighting for one lifetime, Mr. Piccolo," she said firmly.
"Bull. I'm sure you could handle yourself if push came to shove. But you're holding back because you don't want your kids hurt. Well, you're going to have to face life that those boys of yours might well end up like Gohan. We'll need every fighter's power. Even YOURS," said Piccolo.
"What could I do against terrors like that?" She asked.
"You can shape anything out of any sort of plastic. I know because I smell the power. I know a few tricks about making clothes from nothing. Your power isn't that different from that little trick. But it's what you do with it that makes you dangerous," Piccolo said, grasping her wrist and turning her palm up.
"Spontaneous polymer generation is specialized telekinesis. But I can't manipulate ki," she said.
"I saw how you formed something that could stop Tien's Blast Cannon. And you invented the plastic that Bulma uses to line the GR. And to make the new armor Vegeta and Trunks wear. Isn't that right?" he asked.
"I invented THAT in my lab," she said.
"Because you instinctively understand how such molecules are put together. And it stands to reason that SAME material is what might have gone into making those Androids…"
"WHAT?" Gohan gasped.
"I wasn't the only one working on such materials," she said. "My husband and his team…"
"I know. Because I've seen the first androids," said Piccolo quietly. "And I'm going to need to know ALL that you do about them!"
"I didn't see them," she whispered. Gohan trembled with terror at the alarm on her face.
"You'll stay here with Chichi. Since you're pregnant you're no use on the battlefield. But you're information nonetheless. But I don't think you'll hesitate to fight if threatened. Don't delude yourself or us with that bull," Piccolo said as he stood up. Dr. Stellari felt him pull her to her feet, and he stepped away.
"Piccolo… I don't' get it," Gohan swallowed.
"Goku's in danger. I think you and I need to see where he went to 'spar' with his brother. You'll stay here, till we get back?" he glared at Dr. Stellari.
"Yes, whatever you say," she nodded, sinking to the stool as Gohan and Piccolo rushed out of the room.
"But how do you know Dad's in trouble?"
"Because he and Raditz headed towards the last known sighting of those androids that Tien and Yamcha fought… and Trunks warned us where they'd appear. But he screwed up when it came to when," Piccolo grunted as he rocketed off. Gohan blasted off alongside him, leaving the others at the Son house.

Goku's leg shot over Raditz's head as his brother dropped to crouch. Raditz shot out his own foot and tripped Goku. But his brother easily flipped up and away. Then he blurred out one instant. Raditz eyes had difficulty tracking him at such speed, and he nodded with appreciation.
"Very good, Brother, you're finally learned," Raditz grunted, as he slammed his fist in Goku's face.
"Uhh," Goku grunted, grabbing Raditz arm and suddenly twisting. To his shock Raditz whirled over Goku's shoulder. He quickly righted himself and landed.
"Impressive. Very impressive. You're quite powerful. But don't think you can rely on brute force. Granted you can overpower any Saiyan with your Legendary status, but…"
"You're not too bad yourself," said Goku. "No I mean it…"
"Be serious, Brother," Raditz grunted. He stopped at the look on Goku's face.
"I don't mind. I kinda wanted you to call me that," Goku said as Raditz suddenly turned away.
"What's the use in fighting you? You can easily overpower me," Raditz mumbled.
"Hey don't talk like that!" Goku snapped, suddenly phasing out and appearing before him. "We came to train, not to argue!"
"Your power even exceeds the Prince. Whose power is dwarfed by his own son, Trunks? I would die for you knowing that," Raditz said.
"I know Vegeta's pretty proud. I know Trunks is stronger then he is," said Goku.
"Your special powers no doubt," Raditz said.
"Well you know too. Since your scouter's not even activated," Goku chuckled, grabbing it away.
"WHAT?" Raditz stammered as Goku held up the device. "Give me that!"
"Uh uh, no way! Come and GET it!" Goku teased, tossing it up and down as he stood just beyond Raditz reach. Growling Raditz lunged forwards, only to fall forwards as Goku phased out.
"Missed me!" Goku teased.
"Little fool!" Raditz snarled. He spun, grasping wildly for Goku who zipped in and out around him. One moment he saw a grinning Cheshire like smile, the next a shot of Goku's fist holding the scouter just beyond his reach. Suddenly he stood looking away from the source of what he swore was Goku appearing to his left. Quickly his hand shot out and grabbed Goku's wrist. Twisting his body, Raditz brought his knee up to Goku's solar plexus.
Goku twisted just in time, flinging Raditz to the side. However Raditz rolled over, holding the object in question. "Got it!"
"Hey, how does it feel?" Goku asked.
"What is so funny?"
"You weren't using that thing at all while we sparred! You're sensing energies fine without it!" Goku chuckled, striding up. He held out one hand to Raditz who was reclining on his side.
"Nonsense!" Raditz spluttered. Still he accepted Goku's outstretched hand. With a grunt Goku hauled Raditz to stand next to him.
"If I can learn, so can you," Goku said with another grin. "Think about it, hmm?"
"Think? You said THINK?" Raditz grunted. A strange sound halfway between coughing and snorting mingled with a harsh cackle.
"Hey!" Goku laughed, elbowing him. "I'm not THAT stupid! Dunno where you got THAT idea!"
"I never said you were stupid, I just find it amusing you said think, brother," Raditz cackled, still holding onto his scouter. A strange feeling of peace settled over him at Goku's silly games. For a moment he felt perfectly at ease. It dawned on Raditz that he had only felt like this previously when he had made love to Dr. Stellari.
"Like it, huh?" Goku asked. Raditz blinked at the hand resting on his shoulder. Such an intimate act after such enmity made him feel uneasy.
"What?"
"Just having fun sparring. None of that blowing planets up purging nonsense?" Goku said. Dark eyes fixed into each other's at a vulnerable moment. Raditz broke the gaze, squirming. He moved Goku's hand off his shoulder.
"It's not that easy, Brother," Raditz muttered.
"It can be. I wish you'd known that before," Goku said softly. He took Raditz's shoulder again, pulling his brother to face him.
"You are still a sentimental fool. You can't forget what happened, and neither can your son. I'm a monster to him. To invite me to your home is ridiculous," Raditz snarled.
"Raditz, listen to me. Gohan could easily kick your butt anyway, so why worry?" Goku teased.
"That's NOT funny!" he growled.
"Hey, enough of that angry Saiyan whatever it is stuff!" Goku said sharply. "I'm tired of this being upset and holding a grudge! It's not good for any of us! We need you to help us fight the Androids, Raditz. I want you helping us, not beating yourself up."
"Who gave you the right to forgive me, Son Goku?" Raditz snapped, trying to squirm away.
"I did. And if you DID step out of line, you'd just go back to where I sent you before," Goku said simply, grabbing his brother and holding him in place before him by his shoulders with surpassing strength.
"Leave me alone, Kakkarot," Raditz growled. "You're being foolish!"
"No, you are," said Goku angrily. "Look at me! You or Vegeta might like to pretend I hate you and stuff like that, but it ain't so! You're my brother no matter what happened in the past. And you might not WANT to be forgiven but you are so deal with it!"
"What?" Raditz glared at him.
"I'm saying you'll have to live with it. I forgive you. End of story. And you're my brother, like it or not. I know what I said before, but this is now. That was in the past. So let's drop it. Because I'd like to keep sparring..." Goku said angrily. Then the stern frown melted into a warm smile.
"You're insane," Raditz shook his head, and rolled his eyes. "No wonder the Prince cannot stand being in your presence."
"Too bad," Goku chuckled. "I know Vegeta doesn't want to accept it, but we're the only Saiyans left alive. Why do we have to keep beating each other up, huh?"
"Because Saiyans fight," Raditz shrugged. A loud grumbling squeal broke the silence, and Goku glanced down with a grimace.
"I'm hungry," he groaned.
"Figures," Raditz mumbled. "You've got the appetite of one of us. I don't suppose you thought about getting something to eat, did you?"
"Crud," Goku groaned. "I guess we could go fishing or something…"
"You can dangle a string in the water and wait for the fish to come. I'm going to hunt," Raditz laughed, whacking Goku suddenly on the back. He grunted, almost falling over as Raditz strode away towards the woods.
"Hey wait up!" Goku shouted, running off after Raditz. His long brown tail uncurled, swishing back and forth as he crouched. Towards the trees Raditz squinted licking his lips.
"Shh!" he hissed. "Just over there…"
"But I don't like mountain lion," Goku grumbled as Raditz rocketed off and slammed something to the ground with a huge gauntleted fist. Rolling over a bit, Raditz wrestled with something gold before twisting its neck to snap it.
"Well, are you going to do something or do I have to do all the work, brother?" Raditz asked, dragging a mountain lion carcass after him towards Goku.
"I'm going fishing," Goku said with a look of mock hurt. "And you can come along too because I think you'd like it… I mean Chichi's gonna ask why I didn't bring anything home and since I know you hate sleeping on the sofa, and we've only got one…"
"She's just like a Saiyan. Amazing you found a true woman to keep your idiocy in line, Brother," Raditz cackled as he started to tear the skin off the mountain lion. Goku lead him towards the nearby fishing hole as Raditz started to snack on raw meat.
"Hey, I've heard your wife give as good as she gets. She's just as loud as Chichi when she's mad. That's what Krillen told me. And I heard you guys arguing from pretty far away," Goku quipped. Raditz shoved something dripping with blood in Goku's mouth, stopping his verbal jab.
"Mmmph!" Goku grunted in protest, struggling to chew on the tasty piece of meat. While he was used to eating cooked food he was too famished to argue with the mouthful impeding speech. He quickly chewed and swallowed, reaching for the small capsule in his pants pocket he had put there. Scribbled on it in his own messy writing were the words 'fishing gear'. He liked hiding it in a storage capsule away from Chichi when he and Gohan and Piccolo would go away on a 'marathon' training session.
Chichi found Stellari sitting quietly in a rocking chair. Bohr sat curled up in his mother's lap against her rounding belly. ON the floor Fermi sat on a pillow, reading a comic book that she had recalled Gohan getting from her father the Ox king for Christmas that year. She frowned to behold the pensive look on Stellari's face. Fermi glanced up at Chichi standing there with her hands on her hips.
"Where's Gohan?"
"HE and Mr. Piccolo went out a half hour ago," said Fermi. "They said they were going to join Goku and Daddy."
"You mean they left without telling me? And I just spent hours on DINNER! How LIKE them!" Chichi groaned. "Do you believe that?"
"Yes," Stellari said quietly. Bohr leaned up and hugged his mother tightly, resting his head on her shoulder.
"Don't worry Mommy, they'll be ok," said Bohr.
"You need to eat something, you look sick," said Chichi, fumbling with her hands. "I have some rice and chicken you could have…"
"She's not feeling so happy, Auntie Chichi," Fermi said, looking up from his comic book. "Mr. Piccolo scared her. We got there just as he was leaving. I want to kick his butt!"
"It wasn't his fault," Stellari said. "He didn't understand. But he does now…"
"I swear I'm going to kick him out of here! He's got NO right to get you all worried! You're pregnant and you don't want to be upset for the baby's sake! You should TELL Me these things!" Chichi snapped, marching over and standing next to Stellari.
"Next time you're gonna chat, have us around, Mommy, we won't let the jerks hurt you," Fermi said.
"Both of you, it's NOT like that!" Stellari snapped.
"Mommy?" Bohr asked.
"And what's THAT supposed to mean eh?" Chichi snorted, unimpressed. "You aren't gonna tell me you just sat there and let someone scare the heck out of you and not say anything? Are you nuts?"
"No, I just… Chichi, I was terrified not because Piccolo DID anything. But the memories I share with Raditz just petrified me. And he and I needed to talk about what was going to happen…"
"Enough of this. You're going to eat something now. And you young men are going to as well," said Chichi firmly. Bohr slid off his mom's lap, and Fermi and he helped her to stand up. Chichi grabbed her sister in law's hand and marched her into the dining room. Without arguing Stellari followed and let herself be seated between her sons scrambling up into the chairs to the left and right of her.
"She's just not feeling good," Fermi said as Chichi started to bring out platters of food.
"I can help," Stellari said.
"Sit down. You two can help me," said Chichi. Bohr got up and rushed to grab one of the plates while Fermi held his mother's hand. She seemed distant and on the verge of tears one minute, then grimly silent the next.
"He wanted to know about the Androids. So I told him," said Stellari.
"Enough about those stupid androids! I'm SICK of everyone scaring me and Gohan to death! And your sons don't need to know either! So stop it!" Chichi snapped at her. She plunked down a teacup so hard it rattled in front of Stellari.
"Don't yell at her!" Fermi snapped. "That's not nice!"
"Listen, young man!" Chichi said, waggling her finger at him. Fermi stuck his tongue out at her.
"She's right. Fermi, you don't need to do that. You'll speak to her with respect, got it?" Stellari scolded him.
"She shouldn't yell," Fermi said quietly. "I'm sorry Mom, but she's rude!"
Chichi shook her head and chuckled. She awkwardly set down the teapot piping hot, and looked down at Fermi with regret. "I'm sorry, young man I shouldn't have yelled. You're right it is rude of me. I just get so ANGRY when Goku… I mean when people just try to drag the world's problems into this house. I don't want Gohan and you boys getting all worked up when you're just trying to study and be children. Children shouldn't be subjected to such horrors… it's bad enough…"
"I know that, Chichi. Believe me. But we can't hide our head sin the sand," said Stellari. Chichi sighed, and flopped down into a chair.
"It's not fair. Gohan's too YOUNG to fight! And so are you two!" Chichi despaired.
"I'm not scared," said Fermi.
"We want to help," Bohr said.
"You two shouldn't have to," said Stellari. "Not when you have me and your dad to protect you."
"He won't let us get hurt. Not when he's training with Mr. Goku," said Bohr.
"He's your uncle young man. In this home we treat our relative with respect, got it?" Chichi said.
"Sorry, Auntie Chichi," Bohr looked at her awkwardly.
"They're not used to this," Stellari said. "They just started calling him Daddy. I told them if they didn't want to… they didn't have to… but they seem to like it. And Raditz is all right with it."
"Boys should have a father," Chichi nodded. "And if he's Goku's brother, then he's good enough to be a father to you two. So let it be."
"We have birth Father, but he wasn't a very nice man," Bohr said. "He isn't a Daddy like Raditz-man."
"Don't talk about that!" Fermi hissed. "You're making Mom cry!"
"Raditz is your Dad now, and don't you forget it," Chichi said. "I'm not going to hear you talking about unpleasant things. Right now your mother needs to hear happy things, because you're going to have a new brother or sister!"
"You're right," said Stellari, cheering up.
"I'm sorry Mom," Bohr said with a soft voice. He leaned over and felt Stellari wrap an arm around him to hug him.
"It's okay. We're all on edge. Let's just eat now, okay?" she said. Chichi made an affirmative grunt, and started to portion out rice with a large paddle from the nearby steamer.