Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ The Enemy of my Enemy is my Ally ( Chapter 47 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
The Enemy of My Enemy is My Ally?
By Trynia Merin aka StarbearerTM
Disclaimer: I don't own the Anime or the Manga DBZ, and I make no money from this fanfiction. My characters Stellari, Fermi and Bohr mean no harm to the series owned by Funimation and created by Toriyama. Thanks to my reviewers! There will be v/b in the next chapter.

While Vegeta, Bulma and Trunks pursued the others, 13 had survived. He had masked his ki long enough to head towards Son Goku's home by a route different then Raditz carrying Goku. His speed was far faster then even the elder son of Bardock. Back in the Son home Chichi gasped as she heard something crackling through the bushes. Both twins looked to each other in fear. Just then, Gohan shot in through the door.
"What are you doing back so soon?"
"Mom, there's something coming closer! Mr. Piccolo says you two gotta stay here! The androids…" Gohan panted. "Android 13 is coming this way! And he's got someone named 15 and 14 with him! Vegeta and Trunks are fighting them, but 13's on his way here!"
"What did I tell you about those things?" Chichi asked.
"No he's right," whispered Fermi and Bohr. "We can see them…"
"Can you? I can't sense them! Mom, we gotta get you and Aunt Stellari and the twins out of here!" Gohan gasped.
"I'm not leaving this house! It's safer staying here!" Chichi argued.
Suddenly a bellow sounded in the yard. Gohan pointed to the window where they saw Piccolo suddenly pointing his fingers to his forehead. Energies crackled full force as they charged massive ki. "Special beam cannon!" Piccolo roared. The spiraling lance of death shot up into the sky at some distant target.
"Gohan, get them out of here!" shouted Piccolo.
"What the HELL is going on?" Chichi cried.
"There's here!" Piccolo yelled.
"Mom, stay here. Maybe Mr. Piccolo and I can fight them off!" Gohan panted.
"Oh god," Chichi gasped. She burst through the house as Fermi and Bohr raced over to Dr. Stellari.
"Damn it," Stellari hissed. "We can't run away. If it's the androids we can't possibly outrun them."
"Gohan don't you DARE leave! You are NOT fighting those machines!" Chichi shouted.
"But mom,"
"Stay with Aunt Stellari! I'm not going to let my baby boy fight!" Chichi growled. Suddenly she pushed open a closet door, and grabbed a long red pole in a sheath, along with a strangely shaped green object.
"What the hell is that?" Stellari asked.
"Take care of Gohan. Don't leave here! Gohan, you're going to STAY and listen to your mother!" Chichi shouted.
"Mom, you can't seriously be thinking of fighting them!" Gohan gasped.
"Stay HERE!" Chichi yelled. Piccolo crashed against the far wall of the house, scattering masonry. Angrily Chichi twirled the staff and held it before her.
"Mom!" Gohan cried.
"Gohan, get them out of here! NOW!" Chichi yelled.
"I can't let you do this!" Stellari gasped.
"Get Gohan and the kids to safety, now!" Chichi screamed at Stellari in a voice that wouldn't be disobeyed.
"Mom…" Gohan gasped. Seeing her grim nod, he grasped Stellari under the arm and waved to the twins.
"We can fly fine!" Fermi and Bohr said.
"I'll carry you miss!" Gohan said, levitating Dr. Stellari as the twins shot into the air alongside him.
"Gohan listen to your mother!" Piccolo shouted.
"Tell me where he is!" laughed android 13. Having recovered from his fight with the other two Saiyans, he had sent 14 and 15 to keep Vegeta and his friends occupied while he went after Goku and the other one.
Chichi raised the Bansho fan as spheres of light crackled down. With a mighty whoosh of wind the blast of air slammed them backwards. In her other hand she whirled Goku's power pole, whooping and screaming. She leapt onto the gleaming Nimbus cloud and shot up into the sky to confront whoever was there.
Cracks and blasts whirled, batted back as Chichi entered the fray. Windblasts barely managed to block the volley as Piccolo slowly recovered. He levitated up, floating beside her. "Are you mad?"
"I'm not having my boy fight! I'll do it myself!" Chichi yelled at Piccolo.
"You're not gonna win! You're just in mah way!" laughed 13. With a snicker he fired a beam towards Chichi. Shrieking, she barely managed to veer out of the way as the beam ripped close to Nimbus. Head over heels, Chichi tumbled off the cloud, knocked cold by the blast.
"Stay OUT of this!" Piccolo grunted. Raising his hand he aimed a blast that blocked the next volley. With the last bit of his strength he swooped down and plucked Chichi out of the air. He crashed into the canopy of trees, consciousness deserting him.
"Well, well, this is easier then I thought. Tarnation, I thought the good Doc was gonna give me a harder mission. Well, it looks like the half blood brat's escaping with my objective," 13 mumbled. His blue eyes narrowed to scan the distant spec of Son Gohan carrying a female over his shoulders.
Gohan felt sick in his throat. Perhaps his mother and Piccolo could hold off the unseen terror of Android 13 long enough. Dr. Stellari cursed herself that she had to rely on a boy to keep her safe. But in her condition if she were hurt, her babies would suffer. Gohan streaked faster; glad the children could keep up with him.
"Stop right there, boy!" came a voice that made him cringe.
Before Gohan appeared a new threat. He shivered to see Android 13 resplendent in his Red Ribbon overalls. Dr. Stellari drew in her breath sharply. She swallowed hard and gasped, "No, it can't be you… you were dead…"
"Well, well, if it isn't Scarlett's little wife. You're a naughty girl, Silver. You're on the wrong side!"
"Leave us alone! You've got no argument with us!" Stellari shrilled.
"Stay back, don't make me hurt you!" Gohan grunted.
"Heh, as if a little varmint like you could stand up to me boy. Do me a favor and hand me the lady. I got no quarrels with you, squirt," 13 said.
"Don't listen to him, Gohan. He'll kill us both!" Stellari whispered. "Leave me. I'll handle him."
"I won't let him hurt you. I promised Mom!"
"I don't got all day, boy," said 13. In his hand fizzled a sphere of energy, growing every second.
"Hold onto me," Gohan whispered to his aunt. She saw his fists glow with power as he raised them to his forehead.
"Masenkoo… HAH!" Gohan shouted as he generated a beam of solid energy to cut into the figure of 13 zipping in and out.
"You'll pay for that, you little cuss!" 13 snarled. He hurled a rapid series of blasts towards Gohan.
"Atomic blast!" Fermi and Bohr shouted, raising their hands to generate a beam along with Gohan's. Although feeble, it managed to push back their attacker long enough for Gohan to retreat with their mother.
"You won't stop me!" 13 shouted. He raised his hands and suddenly a shrill noise echoed, deafening both twins. Fermi and Bohr screamed, putting their hands over their ears.
"No!" Stellari shrieked. "Damn you!"
She let go of Gohan, and shoved herself away. Angrily her fists glowed, and she hurled plastic shards towards 13's back. One of them pierced 13's wrist, while the other slipped into his body. Others stuck into his sides so he resembled a porcupine. Panting, she hurled strange plastic globules at both her boys who were plummeting towards the ground. A strange gel formed around each boy as they crashed harmlessly through the trees, cushioned by an arogel.
"I won't let you hurt her!" Gohan shouted, appearing before 13. His fist flew out, slamming into 13, followed by a flip and dozens of sharp kicks.
"What the hell?" 13 snarled, struggling to bat away the boy's attack.
Stellari dropped down to the ground after her sons, knowing that Gohan was holding his own. Angrily Gohan's fists slammed into the android's frame. Suddenly 13 cut across him with a vicious uppercut, backhanding Gohan away. Spitting blood, Gohan barely managed to right himself.
Fermi and Bohr breathed gently, blinked up at their mother. "Mommy?"
"You two STAY HERE! I'll handle this! Don't get involved. That's an order boys!" Stellari scolded.
"But Mommy…" Fermi gasped.
"Do as I say, please! Bohr, take your brother and go back and help Chichi and Mr. Piccolo! Gohan and I will be okay!" Stellari said.
"Mommy!" Fermi and Bohr cried.
"Get away! Fly to Kame house!" Stellari shouted. Fermi and Bohr nodded, zipping out of range as fast as they could.
"Masenko HAH!" Gohan screamed, holding his hands above his head. A wide beam of energy slammed into 13, pushing him backwards. He flipped over, shrugging off as his overalls only smoked the slightest bit. Strangely the spikes that Stellari shot were still imbedded in his back.
"You're pretty tough, kid. But that ain't gonna help you!" 13 taunted. A grin tugged up the corner of his mouth. Gohan panted his energy ebbing.
"I don't get it, why didn't you stay down? I hit you with everything I had!"
13's face drew up in a cruel smile. He sensed the two small telepathic traces as they zipped away towards where the green alien and the madwoman on the cloud had been. They weren't his objective. They'd be easy pickings later when the others came and polished off the Prince and the others. Right now, he had a kid to rub out. Gohan's hands raised again, as he struggled to marshal enough force. 13's hands crackled with power, his ultimate energy move fizzling into being.
"HAHHHHH!" 13 gritted.
"Perspex!" Dr. Stellari's voice shrilled nearby Son Gohan.
Gohan gasped, seeing stars. Someone moved in front of him, their hands raised. Before him the air undulated and shimmered into a solid barrier. Ki blasts rained down as Gohan saw them slamming into the generated shield. It bowed but did not shatter with the force.
"Auntie Stellari?" Gohan panted.
"You can't stop me, woman! I'll burn through!"
"Gohan, hit him now! I can't hold him much longer!" Stellari shouted.
"All right!" Gohan nodded. Sweat poured down his forehead. He raised his hands and aimed a series of rapid blasts overtop the barrier Stellari struggled to hold. To think an eleven year old boy had such power and strength was mind boggling. Every time a blast sizzled forwards a generated plastic shield easily deflected it. Gohan zipped forwards, grabbing at his aunt who was starting to sink with the effort divided between shielding and levitating.
"Hold onto me, Auntie!" Gohan whispered, grabbing her and holding her tightly. He heaved another blast at 13, knocking him back.
"Gohan, how many?" she gasped. She felt him hurling more blasts as quickly as he could generate. With him holding her in his levitation, she could divert more energy to the shield.
"You two are DEAD! Give up!" 13 taunted. His tactic changed. Suddenly he zipped out. Gohan's eyes frantically struggled to track him. Wildly he hurled bolts at the blurring air to the left and the right while Stellari held onto his back.
"I can't tell!" he shouted, his high pitched voice shrill in the air. "Hold on, I won't leave you!"
"YEAYYYY!" 13 shouted, from nearby. A blast sizzled towards them, and Gohan barely had the time to whirl his body out of the way.
"Saturday crush!" shouted a rough edged voice. Gohan panted with shock to see a purple sphere slam into the blast and knock it away. Stellari groaned, hugging him tightly while Gohan pointed to the new black armored warrior carrying his father over one shoulder.
"Fight me!" Raditz shouted. "I dare you!"
"What the hell are you trying to pull! Who are you?" 13 shouted.
"Masenko!" Gohan shrilled. The beam slammed into 13's shoulder, slicing his arm clean through the joint. In disbelief he glanced back towards Gohan. That split second was all Raditz needed because an instant later the Saiyan phased into view just before him. His fist slammed into 13 followed by a nasty kick that tossed 13 down towards the forested canopy.
"DIE! Double Sunday" Raditz snarled, aiming his flattened palms at the plummeting figure. Two huge ki balls surged forth then formed twin beam that followed 13's descent.
"Special beam CANNON!" yelled Piccolo, suddenly materializing between Gohan and the explosion. The spiraling beam drilled through the trees, hitting the figure below at the same time that Raditz beams had impacted. Smoke and flames rose up and the explosion nearly blinded Gohan as he zipped Stellari out of the way.
When the smoke cleared, a huge crater steamed in the heart of the forest. Hovering nearby was the panting form of Piccolo, his hands raised. Gohan was tightly hugging Stellari, who was in turn wrapping her arms around the trembling boy while he levitated her in relative safety. The third observer still hovered with his hands raised and the prone figure of Son Goku hanging over his shoulders in a fireman's carry.
"It's over Gohan," said Piccolo. Gohan blinked up to see the Namekian drifting towards him. Piccolo's clothes hung in tatters from his green and pink muscular form.
"Tomica! Gohan, are you hurt?" Raditz shouted as he lowered his hands.
"Mr. Piccolo, he… he's got my dad," whispered Gohan.
"He won't hurt you," Stellari panted. "I…"
"I won't hurt him, idiot! Is she all right?" Raditz demanded.
"She's fine," Piccolo said. Stellari promptly passed out in Gohan's grasp.
"What happened to my daddy!" Gohan shouted.
"He's sick! I've got to get him back to get the medicine now!" Raditz shouted.
"Follow me back," Piccolo grunted as he saw Raditz hovering there with Goku's body. "Gimmie the woman… I'll carry her…"
"If she's hurt you're mine, Green Man," Raditz growled.
"Don't worry, she's okay," Gohan gasped. Piccolo took the unconscious form of Stellari in one arm, and then grabbed Gohan as he soon followed the woman into wearied darkness. Dark black eyes regarded one another across the tense space. Piccolo rocketed back with Raditz close beside him keeping pace with his flight. Judging by the way Raditz protectively carried Goku under the back and knees now, Piccolo judged that the two brothers had no intention of continuing their feud.
"There's some sensu beans at the house," Piccolo said over the whistling of their ki envelopes.
"Good. Thank you for helping her…"
"Save it. Let's just get them back," Piccolo cut him off. "The boy's exhausted. What the hell took you so long, and where are the others?"
"The Prince ordered me back. My scouter doesn't detect any more movement from that tin can. Seems your little trick and mine finished him off," Raditz said.
"Huh, I don't think I'd be so sure. But for now, let's just get back," Piccolo said. Two former enemies now rocketed over the forest towards Goku and Chichi's home. Piccolo was relieved that Chichi had fed him a sensu bean just before conking out. His sharp eyes could detect the twins Fermi and Bohr helping carry her into the house just as he and Raditz landed with their cargo.

When Goku next swam back to life, he heard a faint sobbing. Slowly he blinked up into the faces of people assembled around his bed. Something was shoved against his lips while a muscular arm propped his head and shoulders up. It tasted like grapes, and Goku swallowed it because he was terribly thirsty.
"That's it, Goku-sa. Drink it down… please wake up and open your eyes," came Chichi's frantic plea.
"Chi... chi… is that you… I can't move," Goku groaned, his limbs starved of oxygen.
"Don't try and get up. Just lay still. Oh Goku what the hell were you thinking!" Chichi lamented.
"Daddy!" came Gohan's voice.
"Gohan, keep back a ways. Go watch over your aunt and cousins," came Chichi's command. The muscular arm gently lowered him back down.
Goku blinked up his vision still foggy. Still he could make out the faces of two concerned females leaning over him, one on either side. Someone taller with spiky hair hovered to the left, his dark eyes gleaming with anger. Swirls of clouds swam away with each blink, then sharpened into focus. Chichi's frantic pallid features pained him to see. Another dark haired woman with gleaming glasses held a vial of something that smelled of grapes. She bobbed out of sight, then returned with something hidden behind her back.
"Get him some water… easy now," said Chichi. Something cold was draped over his brow, while the other woman vanished from the area.
"Honestly Brother, you slept damn long enough!" Raditz snorted. With shock Goku blinked up into his older brother's frowning countenance.
"You… you're here… what happened…"
"Prince Vegeta and the others took on the androids. While I must say they were victorious, other things have transpired," Raditz grunted.
"What?"
"The green man… Piccolo has gone on with your friend Krillen, and Prince Trunks to see two other Androids in the place called Ginger Town," Raditz announced. "The Prince and Nappa are still on the trail of Android 13…"
"Thirteen?" Goku gasped.
"There was another. But you and I will stay here till you've recovered enough. Lt. Commander Bliss is also with them. And you need not worry, because the Prince can control his ascendance at will. He and Prince Trunks have discovered another level beyond…"
"Beyond?" Goku panted.
"Ultra," Raditz murmured. "They were terrifying to behold. He and the Prince Trunks… they were every bit as powerful as the Legendary was said to be."
"Wow. How long was I out?" Goku asked.
"Three days," Raditz said, pressing him down to the bed.
"Time to give him an injection," Chichi said.
"Oh no… no!" Goku cried as he saw the gleam of a needle in Dr. Stellari's hand.
"Hold him down, Raditz!" Dr. Stellari urged. "Chichi, you didn't TELL me he was scared of shots!"
"No, don't!" Goku yelled. Fortunately Raditz pinned him down, shoving a gauntleted hand over his eyes.
"Keep your eyes covered, moron," Raditz growled. Squirming, Goku suddenly felt terror surging through him. Yet all he felt was a sharp prick.
"There, done," said Stellari's voice. "That's the booster shot."
"That was it?" Goku panted, when his eyes were uncovered.
"Yes. Honestly, Goku, it's just a little needle…"
"Don't tease him like that," Stellari sighed. "If you had a needle shoved into YOU…"
"Uhhh," Goku moaned, wanting to pass out.
"Enough, both of you! Kakkarot, are you well enough to sit up?"
"My name's Goku, remember," he groaned.
"He's all right," Chichi sighed with relief.
"But where is everyone… are they…"
"Rest," said Chichi. To his shock, Gohan wandered in, his face filled with worry. Another fact that dawned on Goku was that Gohan was standing in the same room as Raditz and hardly batting an eyelash. Was it just because he was more worried that his father was gravely ill?
"Mom, is he going to be ok?"
"He's weak, but he's recovering," said Chichi as she drew back, and wrapped her arms around Gohan from behind to give him a hug.
"Daddy, I was so worried! We thought you were a goner!" Gohan sniffled. He scrambled up onto the side of the double bed, wrapping his arms around his father's neck. By this time Raditz and Stellari had moved back to give them room, standing awkwardly.
"Maybe we should leave them alone," Stellari suggested. Raditz simply gave a grunt and turned to stride out the door. His hand lightly rested on his mate's shoulders while hers moved around his waist. His blue and brown armor was slightly scorched and cracked in a few places as if he had fought hard.
"Gohan, you're not scared of him?" Goku asked.
"He saved your life, Daddy. I couldn't believe it," Gohan murmured into his father's neck. Goku managed to wrap a muscular arm around his son's shaking body. As if pent up emotions burst, Gohan sobbed in his father's arms.
"Hey, it's okay son. Let it out," Goku whispered, stroking and patting his back.
Around the door, Raditz peered with a frown on his face. "Sentimental foolishness," he mumbled.
"Don't make me hurt you," Stellari warned, grabbing a handful of his hair and tugging hard on it. "You know as well as I do that' he's a human before the Saiyan. Don't start!"
"Mmmph, he's a lot of trouble," Raditz snorted. Still he felt jealousy in his stomach to see how affectionate Goku was with his son. To see the concern in his brother's eyes for his nephew defied his comprehension. Something like emptiness filled him, and he forced the weak emotions away.
"You can sit with him, Gohan. I've got to get lunch ready," Chichi said. Leaning over she caught Goku's lips in a brief but grateful kiss. He reached to grasp her neck, keeping her mouth on his for a moment while Gohan blushed a bit. Then she drew back, stroking his hair affectionately.
"I'll be okay, Chi," Goku whispered, caressing her cheek. "Thanks…"
"Just listen to your brother," she muttered, wiping away a tear. "Gohan's going to sit with you for a while. But don't give him any ideas about fighting!"
"Mom!" Gohan groaned as she turned and left them alone. Goku managed to wink at his flustered son. Those last two days had been full of events. Gohan had told Goku everything about what had transpired. Now Goku was recovering, and Vegeta and the others had taken up the search for the androids. Closing the door on the two important men in her life, Chichi joined the others in the sitting room. She heard some clanking of dishes and a grunt of some strange language. Then she accidentally brushed past Raditz wandering out to answer the shouts of two wrestling boys.
"Apologies," he said glancing down.
"Thank you," she whispered, leaning up to kiss his cheek.
"None are necessary. You've thanked me far too much. It's getting annoying," Raditz grumbled, wiping his cheek as Chichi laughed. Patting him on the back she joined her sister in law who was fussing over massive quantities of food.
"I don't see how you keep up with it all. Where the heck do you get the money for a huge grocery bill I'll never know! And you've got two of them to feed," said Dr. Stellari, wiping her brow.
"You don't have to do that… but thank you. Sit down… you're going to deliver any day now!" Chichi snapped at her.
"When I told Raditz I was a doctor of chemistry I wasn't joking! I'm not used to giving shots!" she complained.
"You did fine, dear," Chichi reassured her, keeping her back to the other woman. "I'm just glad my Goku's awake again. But it will be very hard to keep him in bed for very long!"
"Raditz will hold him down if he must," said Stellari. Both women exchanged a laugh. Chichi grabbed a spoon and dipped out some food. Before Stellari could say another word she shoved the spoon into her mouth.
"How's it taste?"
"Hmmm, I wish you'd warn me when you did that!" Stellari complained. "It's fine."
"You need more," Chichi insisted, giving her another spoonful. "You've got two kids on the way!"
"How DO you feed two hungry Saiyan if Goku doesn't work… and you don't seem to… I mean you do midwifery, and you've got that herbal remedies business…"
"Goku never will hold down a job," Chichi sighed. "Pop's money won't last forever. It's a godsend having you and your husband giving us money…"
"Raditz has a paycheck, and all the food provided on Capsule's budget, not to mention my own," said Stellari.
"Are you going to still work with two babies on the way?"
"I wish I could just leave it up to him for the paycheck. But I feel guilty…"
"Don't," said Chichi. "Your boys need you there. But it's not for me to tell you what to do."
"You'd find a way anyhow," Stellari retorted. Chichi rolled her eyes and thrust a spoon at Stellari. Unspoken commands for her to check the eight treasures soup. When Stellari opened the steamer, she leapt back at the huge cloud of steam blasting her in the face. It wafted around the other scents enticingly dancing through the small kitchen.
"At least Mr. Piccolo's gone. He drove me nuts," said Chichi. "I know I'm glad he didn't eat anything, but Goku and Gohan hardly helped out with him around…"
"I'm glad it's not a problem for me to stay here. It's kind of nice to have a break from all that corporate rat race. But you're out in the middle of the sticks," Stellari said.
"Let's just say that Goku's sparring habits make it necessary. He'd cause untold damage if he was in a town or city," Chichi blushed.
Back in the living room, Raditz had tried to separate two rambunctious boys from pummeling one another. He finally was dragged into the middle of it, while one of them pulled on his hair, and the other was trying to twist his arm behind his back.
"This is for outside, both of you!" Raditz complained. "I don't want your aunt or mother angry with us!"
"Sorry Daddy," murmured one of them. Raditz reached down and pulled Bohr out of the mess then set him on his hip. Grunting, he rose up and reached down to take Fermi's hand.
"Fine, Dad," mumbled Fermi. "I guess it would suck if we got grounded! I hate being a Stellari unplugged!"
"Don't even go there!" Bohr gasped horrified.
"No video games would drive me insane as well, but then you'd have more time for training, young warriors," Raditz said as Fermi placed his small hand in his. Though Raditz gauntleted hand swallowed Fermi's the strength in the small fingers astonished him. Without question he had convinced both twins to accompany him out into the courtyard of the Son home.
Distant Dinosaur mating calls echoed on Raditz ears. He also heard the sounds of low grunting from the Green Man nearby. Piccolo was already sparring fast and furiously with another version of himself. Picking a spot well away from the Namek, Raditz let go of Fermi's hand, then set Bohr down from his armored hip.
"Ready to train?" he asked both. He punched his scouter button to attenuate his own reading from the boys. To his shock he saw he had to filter a level of 5000.
Five thousand? But this is impossible! Since when was THAT my apparent level and I haven't begun to move? Raditz asked himself.
"You bet," said Fermi.
"Let's go!" Bohr answered. Both stood in poses that were similar to Goku's Kame-sennen, while Raditz adopted a more Saiyan stance. For a few tense moments the boys waited while their adoptive father stared them down. Then he blurred out.
Fermi and Bohr vanished as well, their fists raised to block Raditz flurry of blows. Back and forth they traded hits, their tiny legs a flurry raining on his gauntleted fists. His punch arced out, and Bohr feigned. Fermi slammed his elbow on Raditz back, only to have a push out to the side. They flipped out of the way of his arcing kick, and Raditz landed opposite them.
"Nicely done. I'm impressed, young ones," Raditz nodded, knowing a bit of praise went a long way. They had the reflexes of newborn Saiyans and his scouter bleeped with battle levels of 2000 and 1700. He had to calibrate his own down, and blinked with shock to see his level had arisen already to 10,000. At resting state Raditz rating had considerably shot up. He swallowed hard, not even having broken a sweat. Lately he'd gone without the scouter, but for the sake of the twins he'd used it to track their progress.
They were unaware of someone peering out his bedroom window at them. Gohan rested his head on his hands, seeing Raditz training both twins. Ever since he saw Raditz carrying his father home, Gohan had felt mixed emotions. "Gohan, are you studying?" Chichi asked.
"Aw c'mon mom!" Gohan shot back.
"Aunt Stellari's going to help you with your formulas," said Chichi. Gohan grunted and settled down. Through his doorway shuffled the form of his aunt, who was very far along with her pregnancy. He leapt up to help guide her to his chair.
"You okay, Auntie?" he asked.
"I'm fine… I know this is the LAST thing you want to do now, but I figure we can knock out the first two groups of the Table before your mother bugs both of us," she said with a chuckle.
"I don't see how memorizing the Periodic Table's gonna help me, but if you say so," said Gohan. He was balancing a pencil on his nose as he rocked his chair back.
"You've got balance that puts me to shame, kid," said Stellari.
"Oh, sorry," Gohan said.
"Worried about your dad, huh? I'm sure he's out of the worst of it. Piccolo's regenerating skills helped, and luckily I was able to help Chichi make some of that medicine to bring his fever down," Stellari said.
"Good thing Trunks told you the formula over the videolink," Gohan nodded. "I wanted to thank you for making more of the medicine to save Dad's life… you're pretty good with chemicals…"
"I haven't synthesized a drug so complex… your blood sample helped… and then there was the matter of that transfusion… I'm glad your mother has some nursing skills… I don't like needles any more then Goku does…" Stellari shuddered.
"Mom's pretty good with most stuff. But I didn't think Raditz would be the same blood type as my Dad," Gohan said softly.
"I'm just astonished you aren't terrified of hi anymore, Gohan," Stellari said, closing the chemistry book. It was clear Gohan's focus was far from his studies now. He glanced out the window seeing Raditz suddenly getting trounced by a twin beam attack. Barely Raditz managed to block an Atomic Ram with a Double Sundae.
"It's weird. He's not the same person. When I saw him carrying my Daddy, I was so scared… but he was holding him like my Daddy was… Uncle Yamcha or Uncle Krillen," said Gohan.
"Hell's a place that changes many a soul," Stellari said.
"Everything you know, he knows? Mr. Piccolo said you two had a bond. Piccolo and I sometimes share thoughts… but you know what Raditz did?"
"Everything," Stellari said with horror on her face. "And he knows what I've done. We're one, like your mother and father."
"Mom and dad? You mean that bite on Mom's neck is just like yours? It's weird!" Gohan shivered.
"It's a Saiyan mating bond. All Third Class share a bond. I mean all the ones that are like your Daddy and Uncle Raditz do that. It's considered a weakness, but Raditz family considers it a strength. At least his mother Kinoha did…"
"I can't get my head around it… it's so hard to think of any other family but my Grandpa Ox King, and Great Grandpa Gohan…"
"They ARE your family, Gohan. Blood doesn't make a relative. Love does," said Stellari.
"Uh huh, cause Mr. Piccolo's like my family now," said Gohan. "I guess if he can stop being bad, Uncle Raditz can."
Stellari wiped away a tear. Gohan leapt up and hugged her tightly, his arms around her neck. Kissing her cheek he gave her a squeeze. Stellari swallowed hard at the open affection of this 'nephew' of hers. The last month in the Son household had shown her more family then she'd ever recalled as a child.