Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Third Class Delivery ( Chapter 49 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
Arrival Third Class
 
By Trynia Merin
Disclaimer: I don't own the Anime or Manga Dragon Ball Z. My fanchars mean no harm to the series. I make no money from this fan story.
***
 
Son Goku slowly swam to consciousness. He felt the weight shifting on his bed, then blinked up into the face of his son Gohan sitting on the edge. A large tray of food rested on a tray table that had been set up. It was the size of a restaurant one, laden with multiple bowls of his favorite foods. Dressed in dark blue gi he'd gotten from Piccolo, Gohan smiled down at his father.
 
"Hey Dad, you ready for lunch?"
 
"Hey Gohan, you okay son?" Goku asked, sitting up. The silk pajamas were warm and soft against his skin, and he felt his heart pulsing strong in his breast instead of throbbing like a frightened bird.
 
"Sure Dad," he said, passing a pair of chopsticks and the first bowl. Goku immediately ploughed into the sticky rice. Most of it flew about the room, landing on the tablecloth Gohan had spread on the comforter.
 
"Huh, you look a whole lot better Dad. You're eating just like you did before you got sick!" Gohan grinned, grabbing up his own bowl. Goku peered over his son's shoulder through the open door. He heard Chichi's voice intermingled with that of another female, two boys, and the deep voice of his brother Raditz. They appeared to be laughing. Even Piccolo's grunts were audible.
 
"Hey, what's everyone doing out there? I hate bein' stuck back HERE when they're havin' fun out there!" Goku complained.
 
"Daddy…" said Gohan. Goku threw off the covers and swung his legs around. Grabbing up the tray he lifted it, then grabbed Gohan up in his other arm.
 
"Why do I gotta stay in bed when I feel FINE?" Goku laughed. Gohan whooped as his father effortlessly hefted him and the vast tray. Dishes rattled while Goku took long legged strides out to the dining room.
 
"Goku sa, what the HECK are you doing outta bed?" Chichi yelped as she saw her husband walk in. He placed the huge tray of food down, then planted Gohan down in the seat to his left.
 
"Brother, are you insane?" Raditz gasped, getting up.
 
"Get back to bed!" yelped Chichi as she struggled to push Goku out of the entrance to the dining room. "Piccolo help me!"
 
"Goku, you're driving me nuts!" Piccolo grunted. "I'm out of here!"
 
Piccolo rushed out, leaving the Son family to argue over Goku's tentative state of health. Sweeping up Chichi in his arms, Goku whirled her about. Breathless she shrieked at the feel of her husband swinging her with a loud whoop. Gohan gasped with joy. Fermi and Bohr started to clap as Dr. Stellari got up out of her chair.
 
"I can't BELIEVE it!" she gasped. "Are you okay, Goku? I'm NOT going to be responsible for picking you up off the floor!"
 
"Goku sa! Put me down!" Chichi laughed as she saw the sparkling light in her husband's eyes.
 
"He's all better," Raditz suddenly grunted, narrowing his eyes. "Damn."
 
"Uncle Goku san! Woohoo!" laughed Fermi and Bohr, both leaping out of their chairs and rushing over. Goku swung Chichi around so he held her up by his hands under her armpits. Then he drew her down to kiss her lips. Gohan promptly blushed and groaned.
 
"Not in front of the kids!" Chichi yelped.
 
"Don't be ridiculous!" Raditz snorted.
 
"That's so sweet!" Stellari laughed, clapping her hands. She felt her husband's arm snake around her waist and give her hip a squeeze to see the couple kissing. Goku set a blushing Chichi down, then scooped up his young son and hugged him close.
 
"Hey what are you guys doin' over there! C'mere!" Goku laughed, motioning the others over. Already Fermi and Bohr rushed over to join the hug. Either one was clinging to his legs or Gohan and Stellari were reluctantly pulling Raditz towards him.
 
"This is humiliating," he grumbled ten suddenly found himself grasped up in a firm bear hug by his younger brother. Whooping, Goku squeezed Raditz tightly enough to lift him off his feet.
 
"I'm so happy!" he laughed, letting Raditz drop to his booted feet. "Whoopee!"
 
"Must you," Raditz groaned, burying his hand behind his face as Goku then leaned down and kissed Stellari on the forehead, and picked up her sons to hug them as well. Everyone was soon hugging in the awkward embrace and even Raditz had to admit it wasn't as horrible as he thought. Goku's joy was infectious, and the tension was broken like glass laughing into shiny fragments like stars glitteringly beautiful.
 
"Okay, enough mushy stuff, let's EAT!" Goku announced, sitting down and clapping his hands together.
 
"You heard him. Sit down!" Chichi said, pushing her hair back into some semblance of order. Soon Raditz blinked at the huge bowl of food shoved before him. He struggled with the blasted chopsticks, landing most of the food on his hair and face.
 
"Damn it," he mumbled.
 
"Watch your mouth!" Chichi said. Fortunately by this time Raditz had figured out the secret of lifting his bowl up to his face and simply used the chopsticks to shovel the mouthfuls in. It was as if he were deliberately copying Goku's lousy table manners. Most of the food ended up in his mouth anyhow.
 
"I give up," Chichi groaned.
 
"Hey, at least they like it," Stellari shrugged, downing her portions. "Besides, I'm glad my cooking's just as well received as yours!"
 
"It's pretty good," Gohan said politely. "Thank you!"
 
How surreal it seemed to Raditz as he finished up his last helping sitting at the foot of the table. Goku was laughing and joking with his son and wife while the twins chimed in. Plates rattled while all three boys helped to clear the rest, and march with Chichi to do the inevitable mountain of dishes. Still both brothers were packing away the remainder of the food that Stellari brought out.
 
"Sit down, will you?" Chichi called out. Raditz grabbed his wife with a large hand and plunked her down in the nearby chair.
 
"I guess I've got no say in the matter," she joked, picking pieces of rice out of Raditz long mane.
 
"You sure look a whole lot better with that stupid thing off your face," Goku said, wiping sauce off his lip with the back of one hand.
 
"That stupid thing saved your tail, Brother," Raditz said with a still Saiyan smirk. "So, are you done having us wait on you hand and foot?"
 
"I'm going crazy. I wanna go out and spar," Goku nodded. "Wanna join me?"
 
"All right then," Raditz nodded.
 
"Thanks Chi! I'll be back soon!" Goku called as he carried his stack of dishes in. Raditz shot Stellari a rather helpless look telling her he was out of his element emotionally. Grasping a handful of hair, Stellari moved over and sat on his knee. She pressed a kiss to his brow, hoping to ground him with her physical presence.
 
"This is… so strange," Raditz mumbled. "I see Father in him, and yet I don't."
 
"He's your brother," said Stellari softly.
 
"Hey, I was just thinkin'," Goku said as he poked his head into the dining room. He gave a mischievous smile. "Hey I'm not interrupting any fun I hope?"
 
"No, unless your wife sees fit to be jealous and wishes your attention?" Raditz glanced up.
 
"Oh no way, she'd kill me if I jumped her doin' the dishes!" Goku waved his hands to negate the thought. "That's what later's for."
 
"You and thinking again, Brother? How odd," Raditz smirked.
 
"Goku what's up?" Stellari asked, still sitting on Raditz knee.
 
"That last name you told me sounds all hard to say. Why doncha just use mine?" Goku asked.
 
"Huh?" Stellari asked.
 
"Bardywhatsever sounds too complicated. Son Raditz an Son Stellari sound way better, doncha think?" Goku suggested, pointing at the ID card Raditz had dangling around his neck.
 
"You suggest I share your name?" Raditz blinked up at him. His throat felt tied in knots.
 
"Yep. Whatcha think?" Goku glanced down at Stellari.
 
"I like it," Stellari said, kissing her husband's cheek.
 
"Humph, it's easier to write in Japanese," said Raditz quietly. "Very well, so be it."
 
"Cool, let's go spar!" Goku clapped his hands. Stellari got off Raditz knee and he leaned down to nip her ear. Casting her a smoldering look of promise he shed his house robe and picked up his armor and scouter.
 
"Nope, I've got something' better for you to wear," said Goku, throwing Raditz an orange and blue bundle. "That armor stuff is not too comfy. Let's try my training!"
 
"Rats," Raditz mumbled, seeing his wife's attempt at puppy dog eyes. He hated it when she would get mushy. Grumbling he headed out after Goku towards the area he used for training.
 
***
"Okay, better huh?" Goku asked.
 
Raditz brushed off the orange gi adorned with the turtle hermit patch and neatly stitched rips. He guessed that it was one of Goku's old uniforms because his brother wore no insignia on the orange clothes he now sported. He wrapped his tail around his waist overtop the blue sash, and tied his hair back in the leather band that he often wore.
 
"Strange armor in this vest," he complimented, fingering the blue shirt underneath the sleeveless top. It felt like the weigh was sewn in between two layers of mesh, comfortable but as heavy as his armored shoulderpieces. Well he recalled how it suppressed his brother's power when first arriving.
 
"All right, let's get started. Got lots to catch up on," Goku said, dropping into a stance. Raditz stiffly mimicked the pose.
 
"What do you intend to teach me?"
 
"A few things that might help ya against those androids," said Goku. "You gotta learn some tricks that Vegeta didn't show you. I figure if you and Gohan both know 'em that'll be the edge we need."
 
"How do I get stronger?" asked Raditz.
 
"There's this thing called Kao ken," Goku whispered. "It's kinda hard and takes lots of energy, but it might be enough to boost ya up way past where you are. But you gotta stop changing with those power balls."
 
"I don't get it…"
 
"Your strength's all inside you. You gotta take that giant ape side and push it down. And it'll come up Kao Ken," Goku explained. "You act like it's not there unless you change, but it's ALWAYS there. You just gotta unleash it while you're normal."
 
"Will I become Super Saiyan?"
 
"First you gotta learn Kao Ken. That'll teach ya. The Super Saiyan, I don't know, but you have it in you. Gohan does, and I know you gotta have it somewhere since you and I have the same blood… a bit," Goku nodded. "Now, arms like this… and legs like so. Raise your hands up, and feel the energy around you. Don't just feel inside, but everywhere, draw it to you…"
 
The sun slid down the hills as Stellari strode out to help Chichi hang up the wash. Her abdomen was at its maximum curve, and she felt the weight as her ankles were swollen. Loud shrilling yells and grunts could be heard as Gohan sparred with Fermi and Bohr. Finally he had opponents his own size to train with. Piccolo's yells and cries were drowned out by the high pitched boy's fighting cries.
 
"Push it! If you got time to complain you've got time to react!" Piccolo shouted at them. Gohan suppressed a smile and stood at Piccolo's side while Fermi and Bohr blurred out of sight.
 
"You gotta take it easy," Chichi gasped as Stellari panted.
 
"I know, but I'm not an invalid! If you did it, I can," she whispered. Chichi nodded, then stood back to let her sister in law do her share of the work.
 
Blazing red split the bands of purple and green painting the horizon. The sun's red disc cast its glow over the mountain home, and Chichi shaded her eyes to see the beauty. Blasts of energy echoed with men's cries, and then they saw the sun increase in its intensity to blinding scarlet.
 
"KAO KEN!" shouted a male voice. Both Chichi and Stellari swiveled their hands to see a figure standing in crimson flames, his fist forward while his other was back. Red energy tinged locks blazed behind him while Raditz shot forwards toward Goku.
 
"That's it!" Goku laughed, suddenly meeting his brother's charge. Fists pummeled him in frenzy as Raditz slammed and kicked with ten times his power.
 
"Wow, what's that?" Gohan gasped. Piccolo stopped in mid spar to feel the building energies.
 
"It's Raditz. His energy's growing faster…" Piccolo grunted.
 
"Daddy's powering way up there," Bohr whispered, rushing over to watch.
 
"Way to go! Woohoo!" Fermi shouted with glee.
 
Goku and Raditz circled, their powers flickering and growing by the minute. Stellari grabbed Raditz battered scouter and put it on, gasping as she saw the numbers climbing. 10,000 rose to 50,000 as Raditz shouted, "Kao ken times FOUR!"
 
"Don't push it!" Goku cried.
 
"Saturday CRUSH! The power…" Raditz gasped. Suddenly Goku brought up his hands, and gold exploded as he reached Super Saiyan. Energies flared to full form and Goku's hands blocked the blinding purple sphere. It dissipated against him and Goku stood under a golden tower of spikes.
 
"It can't be," whispered Stellari. "He's 200,000 and he's not slowing down! Goku's just 1 million and he's holding back!"
 
"You have it in you," Goku gasped. "I can see it but you're holding it back! Show me what you have! Show me your TRUE power!"
 
"How?" Raditz gasped.
 
"Your family, everyone you wanna protect. Imagine it GONE! Remember what Frieza did to your planet. How much you wanted to help your friends and family who cried out in pain and never knew what was coming!" Goku shouted, raising his hands and throwing a blast of energy. "It's coming at you… what can you do!"
 
"I want him to pay!" Raditz shouted.
 
Goku blasted off, into the air high above. Like a blazing red comet Raditz soared up till they were hovering high above the Son residence. From far below everyone saw the gold and red stars shimmering and illuminating them with aura like flickers of radiation.
 
"Don't get even! You've got the power. All the anger and hatred, push it aside! Think of how you have the strength to protect them! You can do it!" Goku cried. "Let it go!"
 
Gohan shielded his eyes at the blazing surge as Raditz brought his hands up. Chichi screamed with shock as Goku's energy attack increased. "What are you doing! Stop it Goku sa!"
 
"Raaaaaah!" Raditz shouted. "Damn him!"
 
Power slammed into Goku's beam, absorbing it. Raditz raised hands pulsed with power arching as he threw them forwards and fired his own attack. Goku blocked it. Then he cupped his hands at his side. "Ka me.. ha me HA!"
 
"Double Sunday!" Raditz roared. A blinding blue ray slammed into a gold one, pushing it hard. Both brothers locked beams in a coruscating push of war. Chichi shrieked in fear, rushing over to where Gohan stood shielding the twins. Piccolo moved before the others, his face raised to glance up at the two.
 
"He's doing it… he's pushing it out of him… I didn't believe it was possible," Piccolo grunted.
 
"Uncle Raditz," murmured Gohan as he felt the energies surging.
 
"HAAAAHHHH…" Goku shouted.
 
"RAAAAGGGH!" Raditz yelled. Suddenly something inside him broke, and he felt white hot energies burst forth. He had struggled to hold them back and it was as if a barrier had shattered. The harder he pushed the more it built and he feared losing control.
 
"YES!" Goku laughed. "WOOHOOO!"
 
"What…" Raditz gasped, lowering his hands. He saw his brother kicking and punching the air like a madman. Goku's whooping laughter echoed through the mountains like a strange beast.
 
"Raditz," whispered Stellari.
 
"What the HELL Are you laughing at, Brother?" Raditz snarled at his brother's idiotic behavior.
 
"Let's show everyone! Follow me!" Goku laughed, zipping by Raditz. Grabbing Raditz shoulder he touched fingers to his forehead. The snatching sensation of IT whipped Raditz from the air and popped him down before the assembled audience.
 
"Goku, don't you DARE do that again!" Chichi shrilled as she saw her husband standing there.
 
"Uncle Raditz… Daddy… how did you…" Gohan gasped.
 
"Oh no, not him too!' Chichi wailed.
 
"Daddy, you look… all shiny," whispered Bohr.
 
"Wow, that's awesome!" Fermi cheered, clapping his hands. "You rock Dad!"
 
"Lucky bastard," Piccolo mused.
 
"What are you all STARING at?" Raditz snarled. Goku slugged his back.
 
Stellari staggered up, along with her twins. Raditz moved to catch her as she tripped, and her arms grasped his. Reflected in the lenses of her glasses he saw a blinding gold radiance. Teal eyes regarded hers, twin reflections of him staring back. Long locks almost touched the ground and the spikes on top of his head stood on end while the rest flowed like a waterfall of glistening sunlight.
 
Chichi promptly collapsed. Gohan rushed to catch his mother as she pitched backwards in a dead faint. He gazed in awe as the elder son of Bardock stood clutching Stellari to him. Her hands moved over his muscular chest as she was dwarfed by her husband's Super Saiyan form. "Precious one?" Raditz whispered.
 
"You've done it," she laughed. Raditz leaned down and kissed her lips. Power crackled over her form and she gasped with the soothing warmth. He leaned down and felt Fermi and Bohr hugging his legs and slapping his back with joy.
 
"You see, hmm?" Goku said, his own hair gleaming brightly. He reappeared by a prone Chichi, lifting her gently in his arms as Gohan blinked up at him in wonder.
 
"How… I don't get it… I tried so hard with the Prince. He could change like that," Raditz whispered. "The anger…"
 
"Anger to do what's right," Goku said. "A pure heart. Evil or good."
 
Suddenly Raditz gold hair flushed to black. Spikes dropped, and his hair retreated to hang only to the backs of his knees. His tail went from gold to brown, wrapped around his waist. Stellari leaned heavily on him, face buried into his chest.
 
"Mommy… you okay?" asked Fermi.
 
"Uh oh, you're wet Mommy…" said Bohr, as fluid began to drip.
 
"I… oh Kami," she gasped.
 
"What the…" Piccolo grunted.
 
"This baby's… coming…" Stellari gasped. Raditz swept her up in his arms.
 
Chichi blinked awake, and Goku set her down, his own super Saiyan form dropping as he saw the panic around him. "Goku sa… what on earth…"
 
"Chichi… she's dripping… just like when you had Gohan," Goku gasped.
 
"Quick, get her inside now!" Chichi yelled at Raditz. "Goku, get some boiling water. Piccolo and Gohan, get some firewood and fresh clothes. You two get outta your mom's way!"
 
Everyone scattered, following Chichi's barked orders. Within minutes Stellari was laying on the Son's bed, groaning as Raditz stripped off her clothes and Chichi draped a sheet around her. While she tried to shoo him out Stellari groaned, "I want him here! He knows what to do!"
 
"All right, whatever! Just stay out of the way!" Chichi yelled.
 
"They are Saiyan, woman! I know how to whelp!" Raditz yelled back.
 
"Shut up!" Stellari screamed. "Let Raditz help!"
 
"Gohan, get those two to your room! Keep them out of the way!" Chichi yelled. Gohan grabbed Fermi and Bohr's hands, and walked them out with him.
 
"But Mommy…"
 
"Just come with me okay guys?" Gohan urged. "Mommy says it can take hours for a baby to come. And she's done this before. And Uncle Raditz is with her, so don't worry!"
 
"Okay, if you say so," Fermi mumbled.
 
"Mommy…" whispered Bohr.
 
Goku anxiously rushed in with towels and hot water while Piccolo rushed out of the house. He didn't want to see Chichi's broom or frying pan materialize. So he stood just outside the door, cape and turban flapping in the night breeze while the activity transpired within.
 
"Hey relax, it's gonna be okay!" Goku urged.
 
"She must walk…" said Raditz.
 
"Are you nuts?" Chichi asked.
 
"Chi, please listen to him," Goku urged. "Remember you did that squatting thing and it helped pull Gohan outta your belly?"
 
"Right, what am I thinking," Chichi mumbled. She grabbed the sheet and tucked it around Stellari while Raditz helped her to stand. Groaning she felt herself led into a walk. Her husband's arm supported her on one side while Chichi held the other. Goku marveled at the strange chant his brother was singing in a low growling rumble.
 
"What's that for?" Goku asked.
 
"Who cares, it's calming her. Goku sa, I think you'd better get some more towels and hot water. And get some clean clothes!" Chichi barked.
 
"Sure thing!" Goku nodded. He vanished with two fingers to his forehead.
 
"I don't think taking her to a hospital is safe. We'll just have the baby here," chichi nodded.
 
"I know what I'm doing. I've done this before. When Kakkarot… I mean Goku was born," said Raditz.
 
"You were THERE?" asked Chichi.
 
"Yes. With Planthor and Melaka in the birthing center just before I left for my latest assignment," Raditz said. "My mother took two revs to have him. He was a big child."
 
"Two of them," Chichi murmured. "C'mon, it's gonna happen… just breathe…"
 
"Oh god," Stellari groaned, stumbling.
 
***
 
Gohan and the twins silently made their beds, and went about their day as the sun rose. Still Piccolo stood watch as the silent sentinel. Legs folded and arms crossed he levitated just in front of the Son home. Waves of energy surged around the demon king, crackling the very air with static.
 
A loud woman's howl was followed by Chichi's tired voice urging to push. Goku suddenly appeared in the yard, rubbing his eyes. "Hey Piccolo, what are you doing out here?"
 
"The same thing you are, no doubt. She kick you out?"
 
"I wanted to know what was going on," Goku breathed. "But Chichi can sure confuse the heck out of me."
 
"You saw Gohan born then," Piccolo grunted.
 
"You kidding? I was running around like crazy getting everything ready! I know where babies come from. Gohan took two days to come outta her!"
 
"Great, just great," Piccolo grunted. Goku plopped down on the grass, wiping sweat from his brow. He stared up as the sun arched up in the brightening blue sky while the Namek tried to meditate.
 
Gohan and the twins toted wash baskets out towards the line. They waved to the duo then set about hanging the wet laundry on the long thin line. Still the faint cries and chants echoed across the yard through the half ajar door. Another fresh series of shouts then faded into sobbing and a slight whimpering. When he was sick of sitting, Goku lay fast asleep, snoring like a buzz saw in the height of noon.
 
It was sundown before the chanting stopped. Fermi and Bohr looked at Gohan who had suddenly dropped his pencil. In his room, the boys all gasped at the flux of power bursting forth. Two signals very strong and bright atop another with flickering chi. Loud cries pierced the silence, and then Gohan smiled.
 
"They're here," Fermi said.
 
"A brother and a sister!" Bohr laughed.
 
"How do you know?" Gohan asked.
 
"Please," said Fermi, rushing out.
 
"Wait, my mom might still be…" Gohan protested. Bohr grabbed his sleeve and dragged his cousin out after him.
 
Loud splitting baby cries fussed from the Son's bedroom. All three boys saw Piccolo standing watch just outside the door. "Mr. Piccolo?"
 
"I think the brats are here. Finally," he said.
 
"Gohan? Twins, come in here!" Goku's voice called out. "You got a new baby brother and sister!"
 
"Wow!" they gasped. Goku swung open the door, motioning the three boys to enter. He held a finger to his lips, then pointed to the huge double bed.
 
Chichi sat exhausted in the rocking chair, washing something off the floor. Their mother lay on the bed, a sheet pulled up to her waist. Raditz stood with his back to them, and they heard a loud squalling noise. At sound of the tap of martial arts shoes he turned and glanced down.
 
"Daddy?" Bohr asked.
 
"Come and see young warriors. Come and see your brother and sister," Raditz said with a smirk of pride. As he turned they saw a bundle of black hair in his arm, like a fluff ball of his in miniature. A furry brown tail curled around Raditz wrist and Fermi and Bohr suddenly realized it was a tiny baby girl sucking on his thumb.
 
Stellari cradled her arms around another bundle, its furry tail coiled around her forearm. Two dark eyes opened wide to stare down at Fermi and Bohr, along with a bundle of spiky hair sticking in many directions. A few spikes pointed upwards, while one curled down over the forehead. He lifted his fists and let out a squeal.
 
"Ohh wow," Fermi said. "He's cool looking!"
 
"Where's the sister in all that hair! She's like a princess Rapunzel!" Bohr commented.
 
"You want to hold him?" Stellari glanced down at Fermi.
 
"Um… I guess…" Fermi muttered. Bohr pushed past him to hold up his arms. Goku gently reached down and passed the baby boy to him. Bohr laughed as he tail curled around his arm and he held his baby brother with relative ease.
 
"Hey there! I'm gonna show you all sorts of stuff now I'm not the youngest!" Bohr laughed.
 
"Dummy," Fermi stuck his tongue out. "I'm the oldest. Hey there!"
 
"Want to hold your sister?" asked Raditz. Fermi reached up and delicately took the bundle of hair curled around his sister's small body. She blinked up at him with dark eyes, then squealed. A fist seized Fermi's curly mop and tugged tightly.
 
"She's strong!" Fermi laughed. "All right, you're tough! Way cool! I'll show ya how to keep your brother in line!"
 
"Will not!" Bohr pouted.
 
"Will so!" Fermi laughed. "She's got hair like Daddy's. Weird."
 
"You got funny hair like Uncle Funnyman," Bohr ran his hands through the boy's hair. "And you got Daddy's monkey tail!"
 
"That is proof of their Saiyan blood, young ones," Raditz beamed with pride.
 
"Here, you wanna hold her?" asked Fermi, blushing at the thought of holding a girl tugging his hair. Raditz gently cradled his daughter, then reached down as Bohr handed the son back to him.
 
"Can I?" Goku asked. Raditz passed him both babies, and Goku began to ooh and ahh in a very weird speech pattern.
 
"You're so CUTE, yes you are! Hey there little guy! I'm your uncle Goku!" he laughed. The boy gurgled, and grabbed Goku's nose.
 
"And you're pretty like your mommy!" Goku said as he rocked the girl in his arms. "Look at all that hair!"
 
"Brother, you're annoying," Raditz grumbled, as he took his daughter back. Goku rocked and settled the boy who was curling up in his arm.
 
"Hey, he's falling right to sleep. He's got good sense," Goku pointed as the boy yawned and curled up into Goku's red and blue gi. He stuck his finger in his mouth and suckled.
 
"They're beautiful, woman. I'm well pleased," Raditz whispered, leaning down to kiss his wife.
 
"Thank you," she whispered, beaming at Goku, then the others. Chichi smiled wearily, as Gohan moved over and hugged her tightly.
 
"Nice work," said Chichi. "Now let 'em feed. Gohan you'll have ta get that breast pump, and I'll show Auntie how to use it…"
 
"Breast what?" Goku blinked.
 
"Never mind," Chichi sighed.
 
"What are you going to call them?" Gohan asked, before hunting for the device in question.
 
"Saiyan names of course," Raditz said.
 
"And human," Stellari interjected.
 
"Radzia," said Raditz quietly. "I always wanted that name for a girl. And my son…"
 
"Planck," said Stellari.
 
"Plank?" asked Raditz. "Hmmm it sounds strong like a warrior's name."
 
"Radzia and Planck. Nice names," Chichi nodded. Raditz sat down next to his wife on the Son's bed, cradling Radzia, while Stellari held Planck. Gently she opened her robe so he could nurse at her breast. Raditz grabbed at a dish of raw steak and rapidly chewed it. To Chichi's horror and shock he lowered his lips to Radzia's and kissed her gently. The infant swallowed the mouthful from her father and licked her lips.
 
"What are you doing?"
 
"It's Saiyan tradition," Raditz glared at her.
 
"Chichi, relax. They're a bit different from us," Goku glanced at his shocked wife. "Besides, makes sense to me since it's hard to have two at one time… I mean it's kinda hard to cover BOTH up at once…"
 
"Goku you're an idiot," sighed Chichi. She put a hand over her head. Raditz glanced at them and rolled his eyes. Stellari giggled, pressing her husband's outstretched hand to her face.
 
"Gohan!" Chichi called out. He returned with the item she sought, but Stellari lay there with the other baby gently suckling as Raditz draped a sheet for modesty. Lying on his side he slid his arm under her neck and pulled her body to his. Ki crackled around them both. Fermi and Bohr climbed up on the bed and watched their mother nursing with awe.
 
"Let 'em be, Chichi," Goku urged before Chichi could protest. "I think it's cute. They're all together."
 
"Mom, they look so peaceful," Gohan commented.
 
"Let's go leave 'em alone," Chichi relented, as Goku rested a hand on her shoulder. Holding his son's hand, and draping his arm around Chichi's shoulders he led them out into the rest of the house. Chichi wearily let Goku carry her to lay on Gohan's bed. He climbed into one of the twin's bunks, and saw his mother laying wrapped in his father's arms. Goku curled up and lay Chichi to sleep across his muscular body, arms closed tight in sleep to protect her.
 
Gohan's bed creaked a bit under the weight. Seeing his parents curled up, Gohan fell fast asleep.
 
Out in the living room, a turbaned figure entered. Piccolo sensed the peace descent like a blanket and scanned the home. He wandered towards the master bedroom and saw the family curled up together like animals in a den. Bohr was curled up in Raditz long hair while Fermi lay next to him. The mighty Saiyan warrior lay with his arms wrapped around his wife and infants slumbering. Piccolo grunted and closed the door on them. He then turned to Gohan's room where he heard a loud rumbling. Squeezed onto Gohan's small bed was Goku and Chichi tangled together in a heap. Gohan lay on the bottom bunk of the bed that had accommodated the twins.
 
Piccolo leaned down and pulled the covers over Gohan. He tossed another comforter over Chichi and Goku snoring away. Carefully he shut their door, then exited to the main room. He sat down on the rug Indian style, folding his arms across his chest. Soon he closed his eyes and fell into deep meditation with a smirk on his face. His family was safe.
 
He stopped himself. His family? Two former enemies now turned friends? Years ago he would have killed them with his bare hands. Now they were his family? Gohan was the son he never had, for reproducing would severely cut his power down. All his knowledge he bestowed on that boy while Goku was dead in anticipation of his own demise. Somehow Piccolo knew his battle with the Saiyans would be his last. How wrong he was for life was waiting to give him a second chance. Gohan had softened his stone heart. In turn Raditz marriage to the earth scientist had melted a soul of ice and eased the blackness clinging to the Saiyan's heart. There would always be a part that was dark, but the light had broken through to fill Raditz entire being. To have a pure heart for only a moment was necessary, be it pure good or pure evil, to forge a Super Saiyan.
 
Goku had spoken of levels beyond. Piccolo grunted and dug deeply. His soul was troubled, and he knew there was a possibility he would take the same extreme step. Across miles and time another half beckoned to him, and he knew what he had to do. The two must again be made whole to save the planet he so desired to rule. Piccolo's plans of world domination had not been erased, simply postponed. He saw that alliances with the Z warriors kept all other unsavory elements in check so he could rule in his own way.
 
Ultimately the Saiyans disturbed him. Prince Vegeta's slowly growing population of Saiyans were a possible menace. While he needed them to defeat the androids, what sort of threat would they pose once the alliance was no longer necessary? Perhaps he could find a way to convince them to leave Earth so he could take what he wanted.
 
A new guardian would be needed. His thoughts centered on the innocent young Dende. Perhaps the boy would be up to the task. Much had to be done, and Piccolo knew time was short. The androids known as 14 and 15 were but a prequel to the two horrors known as 17 and 18. Just where they were was anyone's guess. Gero was awake, and time was running out.
 
Time. Perhaps there was a way to buy time. Inside Kami's lookout was a chamber where a year could be passed in a day on the outside. If two would enter, they would emerge as fully trained. Now that the youths were born, they would be vulnerable. Two Saiyan children lie under the roof, while his mind sensed another spark in Chichi's womb. Small but powerful enough for him to discern with his ki sensing powers.
 
The Saiyans would be a problem. How could he convince them to take off the tails, Piccolo wondered? Perhaps the woman Stellari could be convinced, but there was also…
 
He smiled. Raditz wouldn't pass up the chance to train. He and Goku could enter the room of Spirit and Time for a day and power up. Then Gohan and he could do the same, once he had become whole. The boy could be pushed suitably while the woman Chichi watched the children. Stellari's powers were considerable on their own. She and the Ox Princess could be formidable in their own right. Time was running out, but it was not the enemy. Piccolo smiled and pondered all these plans as he drifted off.
***