Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances for Bardock's Sons ❯ Piccolo's Disciple ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Second Chances For Bardock's Son's
By Trynia Merin
Piccolo's Disciple
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball. I only own Tomic, Cabernet, and a few other fancharacters. Toriyama and Funimation Toei Bird Studios Shuesha own DBZ. I don't get rich off this! This is Fan fiction! Don't sue me!
-------------------------
 
Piccolo strode on booted feet to the bedroom where his newest guest had waited for one hour. He seriously hoped for her sake that she would see reason when next he entered. Grunting, he nodded to the guard to unlock the huge deadbolts to swing back the heavy metal door. Piccolo clapped his hands, motioning for the female attendant following him to also enter.
 
In the darkness the figure sat up on the four poster bed. She caught sight of Piccolo who motioned the female attendants with their bundles of clothing and other oils and unguents to assemble at his side. Arms folded across his chest, Piccolo said, “So, have you considered my words yet, Saiyan?”
 
Tomic stood up from the bed, drawing herself up to her full height. She glanced at him and said firmly, “I won't kill for you, Piccolo, but I have a way to give you some powerful warriors to help defeat the Red Ribbon army. Just as long as you leave the Z warriors alone."
 
“I shall find that most interesting, but in the meantime, I bring proof of my word that I am not a barbaric monster. I've had suitable clothing made for you. You should not wear the armor for it will draw to much attention to you.”
 
He clapped his hands once more and shouted for his attendants. Mumbling she saw the bundle of blue clothes set on the bed. Holding them out she saw they were a replica of Piccolo's own outfit, much like Gohan's gi.
 
"I suggest you get dressed. Take off that armor. It will be given back to you," said Piccolo. "I want you to try it on. And any alterations will be made. I'll release you from that cage to prove I'm not a barbarian like these humans."
 
“Do I have a choice?” she asked.
 
“Either that or rags. The garments are tailored to your specific body type. I shall wait outside till you're ready, and then you may tell me of this alternate plan you've thought of. It had BEST be worth my time,” Piccolo said quietly. He turned on a booted heel, and departed.
 
Tomic allowed the female attendants to escort her to bathe. Later she let them dress her in Piccolo's colors. Momentarily she wondered if she'd have to wear a blasted turban like his. To her annoyance they placed the same weighted shoulder pieces overtop her to conceal her body, as well as the long white cloak pulled around her mouth to hide her features. Her long hair was braided and coiled around her head to be concealed by the weighted turban. Only her brown eyes showed through the white veil. Instead of ankle boots the ones she had came to her knees, with a skirted ensemble instead of long baggy pants. In all ways a female version of his own outfit, to create the illusion she was allied with him.
 
After an hour, the attendants bowed, then knocked on the door. It swung open, admitting Piccolo once more. He peered at the three females shuffling out wearing their blue veil harem pants and facemasks before entering in their place. Freshly bathed and dressed, Tomic rose from the bed to stand before him.
 
“The garments suit you well,” Piccolo commented. “Now, what is your alternative to killing for me? You said you could give me warriors that were powerful.”
 
She pulled a vial out of her boot, turning it over. "These. They are the seeds of creatures called Saibamen. We Saiyans use them for foot soldiers and for training."
 
"Hmmm, interesting. They're plant based?" he snorted, as she held up a small glass vial with two compartments. The upper held green sphere, at least ten, while a liquid sloshed in the bottom.
 
"Yes. These are the seeds. You can grow them in rich soil. Considering you're a living plant, these minions would serve you well."
 
"These creatures are loyal to me?" Piccolo asked.
 
“The Saibamen listen to whoever plants them," said Tomic, handing him the vial.
 
"Hmm, so you say," Piccolo said, grabbing the vial. "How long does it take to grow them?"
 
"Less then an hour or so in the right conditions," Tomic coughed.
 
"You're bouncing back fast. How's that possible? I know that kit's not from around here but…"
 
"I get stronger each time I'm mortally wounded, that's how," she whispered. Slowly she sat up, glancing around the chamber.
 
"You're proving to be more interesting then I thought, woman," Piccolo said. "How many of these Saibamen can I plant?"
 
"As many as are in this vial. They will live for as long as you need them. Their power levels are equal to your own," she said.
 
"Impressive. There's ten here. Do you have any others, or know how to cultivate more?"
 
"They germinate and produce seed pods like you Namekians lay eggs. But one must remain alive to do so," she said quietly. "My Prince would have my head for giving these over, but if it means you will allow me to leave and do my business."
 
"Hmm, you've given me a lot to think about," Piccolo said, holding the vial up to the light. "About these Saibamen, what are their capabilities tactically."
 
"They're drones created to fight and build fighting skills as I said before. There are only ten, and they grow within seconds. You can have an elite fighting force loyal to you," said she.
 
"These nutrients used to grow them intrigue me," Piccolo said. "If they are like me, then perhaps…"
 
"You won't derive much benefit from them," said Tomic.
 
"Maybe not. But anything I can do to increase my power I'll try," Piccolo said with a nod.
 
"That's your affair. There is only enough to revive the ten Saibamen. If you take any of the nutrients yourself you're denying your elite force."
 
"True but enough about that now. There is one other thing you must do for me. And it involves this Goku. I respect that you do not wish to kill for me, but you still must hold to our bargain,” he said.
 
“Why do you wish to kill him?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at him. “Remind me why?”
 
"He slew my father," said Piccolo. "Years ago before I was born. I'm going to avenge him, and take over this world as he wanted."
 
"I see," she said slowly. Her stomach rumbled.
 
“You are hungry again, are you not?” Piccolo turned up a slow grin. She seemed to be softening to his way of thinking. All she needed was a bit more incentive then perhaps he could complete the process of bending her to his will. If the space woman wouldn't kill she could at least provide a good distraction and show of power.
 
He clapped his hands sharply, and bellowed, "Bring some food for our guest. Get out of here and make it snappy!"
 
"Yes sire!" mumbled his servants, bustling off. Within minutes they returned with plates loaded with various fruits and vegetables as they had the night before. Along with them they brought a folding table and two high backed chairs. Piccolo motioned for her to join him at the table laden with the sumptuous feast.
 
“Partake. These Saibamen are a good alternative, and I will accept your counter offer. But you still must do a favor for me. And as I said before, it involves Goku. But you will not be asked to kill him, Tomic,” said Piccolo. Leaning over his shoulder, one of the servants poured fresh clear water into his goblet, then topped off Tomic's.
 
Tomic eagerly devoured two huge clusters of grapes, stunning Piccolo with her ravenous appetite yet again. Wiping off her mouth with the linen napkin, she asked, "So, what has this to do with me?"
 
"You're going to enter the tournament too. Since you gave me these Saibamen I'll use them for my elite fighting force. But you will be my assistant and pupil and enter the tournament at my side,” Piccolo smirked resting his chin on his folded hands. He rested his elbows on the table.
 
"Me?" Tomic blinked, dropping the bone from the drumstick she had just devoured on her silver plate. Suddenly her appetite soured, and she leaned forwards to meet Piccolo's gaze.
 
"I didn't just give you that outfit to pledge your allegiance. It's the costume you'll be wearing to the tournament. I don't want them suspecting anything. So you will fight in associating with me. The Ma-jonen family," said Piccolo.
 
"Why?" Tomic asked, gripping the edge of the table in shock.
 
"You're powerful enough. To scare the crap out of the other Z warriors. I'm sure if they see two powerful warriors standing together that would get Goku's attention. Besides, his pals have seen you, so they'll get Goku to sign in just so he can satisfy his curiosity. You're a lot like him. But I don't know if they cut off that damn tail of his," Piccolo grinned. He swirled the crystal goblet of water in his right hand, leaning back in his chair. With a huge surge of the muscles in his throat he downed half of the liquid.
 
"If they did, that will be a problem. But no matter, he's still quite powerful without it," she said mysteriously.
 
"Good. The tournament starts tomorrow. And you and I have much to do," he said.
 
“But I haven't agreed to it,” she said stubbornly.
 
Piccolo slammed down his goblet, then leaned across the table. His face darkened with anger. Poking a finger in her face he snapped, "Don't question my motives. I've been MORE then understanding, female. Be glad I spared you. As long as you continue to be of use then you'll remain alive. But betray me, and die horribly!”
 
In and out Tomic's chest heaved. Around her neck gleamed the hated ki suppressor. Piccolo set the remote control in clear view on the brocaded tablecloth. Picking it up in his hand he held his clawed thumb above the red button menacingly. A slow smile revealed his sharp teeth as he said, “Remember this little device? I've figured out how Dr. Gero brought us to heel. And it has several settings. Don't make me have to use it on you. I'd much rather have you as a willing ally.”
 
“I see. Well I guess I have no choice then. But be warned, if I die, then the consequences for you will be much worse,” Tomic exhaled sharply.
 
Piccolo grunted, leaning back in his chair again. He retrieved the remote control, hooking it to his blue sash crossing his waist. Charmingly he smiled, saying, “Good. I know the stakes are high on your side. You help me, you live. But don't underestimate my powers. I know that you say your mate is far more powerful then I, but you have no idea that my powers are growing steadily every day. That little scouter of yours only detects what I let you see. My true potential has not even begun to be tapped.”
 
"How do you know if you've never met Goku face to face that you can defeat him? Unless you carry the memories of your father as well as your own," she said.
 
"That's the case all right," Piccolo chuckled deeply, raising a green brow. “Like my father before me, I can tap the forces of this world through a source you have no idea of. I can readily access the other side whenever I wish. And there is but one other thing that you've failed to account for. Once I defeat Goku, my powers will rise to a level that will make me supreme master of this world.”
 
“Even with Dr. Gero's tin cans?”
 
“That's where your Saibamen come in. And when this mate of yours arrives, he'd do well to side with me. Because I could easily crush him when I come into my TRUE power. With you as my hostage, he'll come to heel. And if I should have to kill you, which I'd rather not do, not even this alien Prince of yours can stand against me and my forces,” Piccolo threatened.
 
“I don't want to fight you, Piccolo,” she sighed.
 
“Good. You have much potential. It would be in your best interest to join me. You are a slave to this prince of yours, don't deny it. I could offer freedom for you and your mate when he arrives. The three of us could counter this prince even, and bring him under our power,” Piccolo suggested, folding his hands and steepling his fingers. He tilted his head so his turban shaded the dark eyes under green brows. Firelight flickered over his body in silhouette, drowning half of his body in shadow.
 
“Raditz will never betray the Prince," said Tomic quietly.
 
“So, that is his name?” Piccolo asked, narrowing his dark eyes.
 
“Sergeant Raditz of Prince Vegita's Expeditionary force,” said Tomic proudly. “And he can easily kill you.”
 
“Not when I have you, and perhaps the power of the Z warriors with me. I can find ways to get what I want, make no mistake. It would be easier if you cooperated, and didn't THINK of betraying me. Tomorrow we will attend the Tournament as master and pupil. You are not to try and run off, because that collar has a tracking device,” Piccolo grunted.
 
“How can you tell where I am amongst the others?”
 
“Simple. My own powers enable me to sense your power and others. Even if you DO run off, I'll find my way to you. And it won't help you to warn Goku, because he already will fight me. And knowing the fool's code of honor he won't allow anything to get in the way. Especially when his friend Bulma Briefs is my prisoner,” said Piccolo.
 
“Are you just going to KEEP her prisoner here?” Tomic asked, shifting in her chair nervously.
 
“Yes. She'll be safely locked away in my labs, working on my latest projects. As long as nobody is fool enough to try and rescue her, she'll be safe and well. And as long as you compete fairly and to your full potentate in the tournament then you both will live. And I'll even spare the Z warriors,” said Piccolo.
 
“Why should you be so generous?” she asked, tearing another drumstick off the carcass before her. She bared her fangs to tear great chunks of meat off the bones.
 
“Because you're reasonable, and not foolish. Now just to be clear, let's recap. You and I are going to enter the tournament. You will wear my colors as one of my associates. I've already come up with a name for you, so there's no suspicion. They'll simply think you're a being that I hired. You'll intimidate the Z fighters and help eliminate them.”
 
"I won't kill them," she said firmly. “And you give your word you won't either.”
 
"Yes that shall be my choice. Just compete and get them out of the way so I can face Goku in the semifinals. I want you and myself to be among them. IF the other Z fighters end up, that's their problem. There's quite a colorful bunch of them. Captain Scarlet will also be there, along with old associates of his. Mercenary Tao for one. Apparently he's old enemies with the three eyed one. That's of little consequence to me. But to make sure you don't change your mind, one of the ki suppressors is around your neck. And the blue haired woman you're protective of is also my prisoner," said Piccolo.
 
"And if you win, what?" she snorted, unimpressed.
 
"Take over this world, naturally. And crush the Red Ribbon army," said Piccolo.
 
"What if they destroy you?" she asked, swallowing her mouthfuls of the savory meat.
 
"Then I'll find a way to destroy them. These Saibamen can be the core of an elite fighting force as you said. Either way, if you help me, then there's a chance you can survive. But you won't be here. Because you're going to go BACK to your home planet and tell them that we won't be their slaves. And that they'll face the might of Piccolo if they want to argue about it," said the Namek.
 
"You'll be killed," said Tomic.
 
"Not with the power of the Dragon Balls. My father may have slain the dragon, but something tells me it's been brought back to life. They're out there, and I'll find them. Then I'll have access to the power that will make me unstoppable even to these Saiyans," said Piccolo.
 
"I still think you're making a big mistake," Tomic shook her head. Unhitching from her waist, her tail nervously threshed back and forth. Piccolo did not see the appendage wrapping around the rungs of her chair anxiously.
 
"I disagree. Either way you're working with me. I think you should get used to it," Piccolo said. "And you'll be on board a ship to wherever it is you're from when the tournament's over."
 
"Fine then," she said quietly, wondering if there was any way she could salvage this. "But what word do I have that you'll abide by this?"
 
"On my father's death," said Piccolo. "And my oath to defeat Goku."
 
"Fine enough," she said.
 
"You're full of surprises, woman," said Daimyo Piccolo. "You'd better not let me down."
 
"So this tournament is tomorrow?" she asked.
 
"Yes," he said. “Now you and I will spar and test he limits of your powers. I can cut them back at any time with the device, but I must know what techniques you will use. And you will give them a good show. We can't let the tournament goers down, can we?”
 
“Fine,” she said, wiping her hands off on the napkin. She pushed out from the table, then stood at the same time Piccolo did. He clapped his hands, summoning his servants to clean up the mess of her feast. Motioning to Tomic with a clawed hand, he led her out of the gilded cage she had inhabited for the past few days. Swallowing hard, she followed him down the winding staircase into the light of the evening skies. Overhead gleamed twinkling stars, thousands not obscured by a haze of habitation. Tomic discerned they must be in a very remote area indeed for such a pristine view.
 
Around them the thirty foot stone walls of the courtyard hemmed them in. To the front were the large doors they came through, and immediately behind she saw the entrance to a huge gun turret. Battlements and towers rose to the left and right, while guards maneuvered various vehicles to and fro, with Piccolo's colorings to their uniforms.
 
Piccolo removed the turban from his brow, letting his antenna free. He stripped off the collar, letting it flop down with a great weight. Grunting, he moved into a defensive stance with one hand held up and the other slightly back, with his booted toe forwards. Tomic let her armor drop, standing before him in only the blue sleeveless suit. Her hair crackled with power when she saw him depress the control on his ki suppressor.
 
“Now, show me what you've got. But be warned, I'm not the only one with this toy. My agents will also be in the crowd, and if you step out of line, you'll be cut off. I won't be subject to such limitations,” Piccolo warned her. “Now, DEFEND YOURSELF!”
 
Tomic threw up her hands, crossing her wrists as she shouted, “Atomic Force!”
 
Piccolo snarled as he charged her, his fists gleaming with power. Within moments they traded blows at full force in preparation for the big day. He gave her no quarter, and she gave none in return. Two fighters sparred at full force, adrenaline pounding in their blood. Tomic forgot her troubles in the thrill of fighting for a time, and secretly prayed that Raditz would hurry and come.
***