Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances for Bardock's Sons ❯ Saiyan's departure ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Second Chances for Bardock’s Son’s

Epilogue
By Trynia Merin

Disclaimer: I don’t own DBZ so please don’t’ sue me. Tomic and the few other fan characters are my only claim in this. This isn’t for money, it’s for fan enjoyment.


Nappa brushed his hands off as he landed. It was so fun to blow up an entire enemy base with his whole power cutting loose. He would have to thank Vegita for such a privilege.  Now that he was reunited with his prince, he could see if there were any more chances to create fireworks.  Judging from the frown on Vegeta's face, Nappa realized that his hopes were about to be dashed. 

"About time you returned," he said, hands on his hips.  Behind him, Vegeta's space pod was tightly closed.

"Sire, what about that female you found?"

"Never you mind.  I've contacted Tomic and Raditz.  They're en route.  Apparently they came up with something salvageable from this mud ball," Vegita snorted.

"What about your special cargo, Vegita?" Nappa asked, striding over to stand by his space pod.  Both of them were only ten feet from one another. 

"Did all the Saibamen get destroyed?" Vegita asked.

"We've got a few left.  Should I put 'em in cold storage?" asked Nappa.

"Leave them here.  We can always get more from that third class scientist," said Vegita.

"Which one?" Nappa asked.

"One of the only few who survived, dolt," Vegita snapped at him.  "Apparently Radditzu's sire and his mate survived.  They're on board Turles' ship en route to Idsarsei.  Once the third classes come here, we're going back.  And figuring out what the hell to do next.  This planet is worthless.  Not worth the effort it would take to destroy it."

"You so sure, sire?" Nappa asked.

"Don't question me!" Vegita snapped.  "I saw Bardock's second son was alive and well.  Apparently he has grown quite strong in his time here."

"Really Vegita?  But why don't we have him come with us?"

"His tail has been removed. He's no use to us," Vegita said with disgust, brushing dust off his white armor.  "And better he remain here as a backup plan with the namekian."

"A namekian here, sire?" asked Nappa with shock.

"Yes.  One that has designs on ruling this mud ball.  Seems that our whelp Radditzu negotiated with him for quite a lot of money.  And in exchange for ten saibamen to make this man the absolute ruler of this world," said Vegita with a smirk.  "Radditzu shows some promise yet in being a businessman.  But there is much still to be done."

"So we're just going to LEAVE here?  Leave the brat of Bardock here?"

"Yes. Let him train and waste his time here, helping the Namekian rule.  Perhaps with the Namekian's training, the pitiful warriors here may be of use in my plan," Vegita said.  "I want to waste no more time here.  I shall keep this world in reserve.  If we need another contract we can always purge and sell this world.  Better that nobody know about its possible value."

"So we don't purge it?" asked Nappa.

"Of course not idiot.  It might make a very good base of operations if Idsarsei should be taken," Vegita said.  "We might need a place to train in secret.  But not now."

Two space pods came to a crash as they landed near the other two. Hands on his hips, the Prince watched his two other team members emerge. Tomic struggled out of her pod and almost fell flat on her face at the sight of a familiar face.

"Your Majesty, I apologize for the delay," Raditz said.

"Sergeant, and mate I presume," the Prince muttered as Tomic prostrated herself on the ground. "You led us on quite a messed up mission, woman."

"Apologies sire," she said.

"Get up idiot. Because of you we're late. Luckily your mate saved your tail, so be glad I'm in a good mood," said the Prince.

Tomic slowly rose, looking eye to eye with the Prince. She swallowed hard, seeing the gleam of power in his face. "I'm glad that you're all right," she said.

"Whatever. Just do as you're told. No more fancy drek from now on. If you have some ideas, kindly tell me or else I'll be EXTREMELY ticked off. The next time you pull a stunt like that I'll snap your throat," he grumbled. "If you're working for me you follow orders, got it woman?"

"Yes your majesty," she shivered.

"Now let's get going! We've got to make Idsarsei in a week! Let's go!" he shouted.

"What about the special cargo?" asked Nappa.

"I'll carry it in my pod. You take the ballast from the other two. Get moving!" he shouted. Raditz saluted, urging Tomic to get back in and show the Prince the wealth. He grunted at the boxes of gold ingots and gems gleaming inside.

"Humph, you managed to pull this off. Not bad, Raditz. Perhaps you're not such an idiot after all. I'll forward my regards to your father," mumbled Vegita.

"Is he alive?" asked Raditz.

"We'll soon see. Now move! Pack this drek up and go!" Vegita barked.

Raditz and Tomic snapped the chest shut, lugging them back to their ships. Nappa climbed into his pod while Tomic and Raditz packed the fourth pod full of the cargo. Tomic was about to ask the Prince what the special cargo was when Raditz dragged her into his lap and contorted himself to sit.

"Why doesn't he carry some of this in HIS?" she wondered.

"One thing about working for him is that you always leave one pod for spoils," Raditz explained. "It's always sent on another trajectory that's hidden from the others. Now it will be a bit cramped…"

"At least I'm with you," she said as she sat on the V of his parted legs. She gripped his wrist, feeling very cramped in the pod as it was. But at least with Raditz' arms around her she could tolerate it till the cryo mist activated. Her heart ached as she stared out the front window, watching their pod rise. Only Prince Vegita's remained, and he barked orders for Nappa to wait.

Carefully the prince opened his door and looked at his prize. Something had slipped out of the collar of her T-shirt. The Prince looped a gloved finger around the chain and pulled out a pendant of gold. A strange scribble inscribed the front and he noticed it had a tiny stud. Pressing it he saw the locket pop open to reveal two images. One was of a younger version of the blue haired woman, opposite a male face.

Vegita recognized it as the scar faced warrior. Did she already have a mate? Desperately he searched her neck but found no mark. There was not a trace of the male scent on her body except for his. Angrily the Prince seized the locket and yanked it off. He tossed it onto the desert sand with a snort.

"You'll have far better riches with me, if you are worthy enough," Vegita mumbled. He resisted the urge to blast it when his scouter blipped. A small trace of 1200 shot towards them on the horizon. Narrowing his eyes Vegita saw a distant speck. Human.

The woman would keep. He gently lifted her up and sat down. Balancing her across his knees he gave the command for the ship to close. Soft blue hair spilled around her sleeping face as she shifted. Her slight weight was disturbingly warm across his body, and Vegita held her close in the privacy of the craft that surged with power.

"You are mine now, woman," he whispered. He was sure that she would be a headache when she waked up. At least there was a female on his team to deal with her nonsense.

Two more Saiyan pods shot up into space bearing Nappa, Vegita and their cargo. At the same moment Yamcha landed and gasped to see the ships rising. "Hey, WAIT!" Yamcha shouted.

"They're leaving," Puar squeaked.

"HEY! HEY STOP!" Yamcha shouted. "BULMA!"

He could tell his love's ki, puny though it was. Wildly Yamcha shot up into the air after her flickering spark. Unfortunately it shot up far faster as it reached heights where there was no air to breath. Panicking Yamcha levitated there, gasping in disbelief as he saw them fade to gleaming shimmers like stars.

"NO!" he cried. "BULMA!"

Gasping he plummeted back to the desert. Puar felt her master's grief as Yamcha barely righted himself to land clumsily in the desert dunes. Pain filled his heart, and he felt incredible loathing towards the creatures that had taken her. At his feet blew shreds of clothing that looked as if it had been torn off. Gleaming next to it, Yamcha saw something flash in the sun.

"What's that Yamcha?" Puar asked hovering over.

"Go get it," he gasped, trying to recover as the sun burned down. Puar returned with something dangling on a long chain. To Yamcha's horror he saw the heart shaped locket with a cursive B engraved on the front. It dropped into his hand, the chain broken.

"What the hell… she never takes this off," Yamcha gasped, popping it open. Two pictures were opposite one another. Of Bulma as he had first met her, and he as a smooth faced young man. He had given it to her before she went to college, and she had worn it under her shirt.

Along with her he'd sensed a massive ki, far greater then any he'd before known. Whatever it was felt of great malevolence. Against her will it had taken Bulma, and thrown his gift to her like such trash. He slipped the bauble into his pocket, wiping tears from his eyes. "Damn it… those Saiyans… they took her!"

"We don't know that, Yamcha!" said Puar.

"Damn them!" he cursed.


For a long time Yamcha sat helpless on the sand. Far too miserable to even call for help he hugged his knees to his chest. Puar moved into his lap, and he hugged her tightly. Tears splattered on her fur as Yamcha sobbed at the loss of his woman.

"How can we chase them in space?" he wondered.

"Yamcha, I think you should look ahead of you," Puar said. Yamcha's eyes widened at the flare of ki. A power that was generous for a Z fighter, but no more then Goku.

In the sunlight a shadow came from the dunes. Modern clothes covered the youthful figure, armed only with a sword slung across his back. He glanced around with eyes that were crystal blue, brushing hair out of his face. Yamcha climbed to his feet, blinking in the light.

"Who are you?" he shouted.

"That's not important right now. You're Yamcha, right? Bulma Brief's boyfriend?" asked a raspy voice.

"Yes… who wants to know? Show yourself!"

The figure moved forwards, clearly visible. Though cast in shadow Yamcha saw the white patch of a Capsule Corps logo on the figure's shoulder. The blue jacket's collar was turned up to shade the ears of the wearer. Lavender hair the color of Dr. Briefs in his younger years flowed around the newcomer's face in the same style as Bulma's father. Yet the blue eyes were exotically slanted, and the hair hid a wide forehead.

Black pants and ultramodern sneakers completed the outfit. He was only to Yamcha's nose, but he carried himself with the same regal posture as one who had been schooled in etiquette not to slouch. Such blue eyes seemed bottomless as Yamcha squinted at him. "Wait a minute, you've got a capsule jacket!"

"I… I'm one of the Briefs employees. I heard Bulma was kidnapped," said the boy. He couldn't be more then Goku's age, Yamcha shook his head.

"Yeah and why should I trust you?" asked Yamcha.

"Do you want to find her or NOT?" the youth glared at him.

"I do, but how can YOU help me? You're just a kid!"

"So? I have access to a space ship that's why. If you're interested, try and keep up with me!" the youth glared at him. Angrily Yamcha blasted off after the figure that rocketed away in a streak of blue ki. Something about him seemed innocent but strangely familiar.

Both landed several hours later next to a tall beehive shape on tall spikes. Yamcha glanced up in sheer wonder as the youth moved up to the belly of the thing. He shouted something in a strange language. A small square opened up and levitated down to clank in front of his yellow booted toes.

"Well, coming or not?" asked the boy, peering over his shoulder at the bewildered Yamcha. He was busy picking his jaw off the floor.

"How… who… what?"

"It's a Namekian ship," said the boy. "I'm the only one who can fly it. I've got provisions because where we're going it's gonna be a LONG ride. But if we don't leave this minute we'll never catch up!"

"I don't get it!"

"Listen, Yamcha, if you care about her, you'll trust that I can help you," the boy glared at him. "I've got to rescue Bulma Briefs. She's in a lot of danger. And if you have sense you'll help me!"

"I… I… who ARE you?" Yamcha stammered.

"Trunks," he said simply. "That's all you need to know. Now, coming or not?"

"Fine, if it will help Bulma, but you'd BETTER answer my questions in more then a few words, kid," Yamcha snapped, striding behind the boy. Puar grabbed his shoulder as the square levitated up. Both men were soon in the belly of the ancient Namekian ship. Trunks shouted a comment in the same language.

"Better sit down and hold on. This baby goes fast," said Trunks. Yamcha slammed into the back wall as the ship vibrated and shot up vertically at an unimaginable speed.

They were on their way after the four pods. Yamcha wondered who the hell this kid was, and how he knew Bulma. Was he a cousin? Because the underwear name was distinctly a Brief's trait. He had to be. Yamcha knew about Bulma's family, at least her immediate family. Yet there were enough cousins worldwide that he figured there were relatives he'd never met. How did this kid know anything he wondered? He was sure he'd find out.
The end of THIS story.  Stay tuned for the sequel coming to your screen soon!