Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances for Bardock's Sons ❯ Bulma's fate ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Second Chances
By Trynia Merin
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z, Toriyama does. I do own Frosta, Tomic, and other fan fiction characters including the Idsarjins. This is a work of fan fiction, and I don't get any money for this!
This is third in a series of stories for an AU.
 
Prince Vegeta and Nappa had already rendezvoused with Turles' star cruiser. All that remained now was to wait for the space pod containing Raditz and Tomic, as well as the pod carrying their spoils from Earth. Vegeta already had transferred his special cargo, but he did not reckon on its behavior when it awoke in the 1/10 G of the concubine's quarters. Turles star cruiser docked with a larger ship belonging to Empress Frosta's delegates who were deciding the fate of the remaining pieces of Freiza's empire. The first question was what to do about the Saiyans.
 
A few parsecs away from Turles ship Tomic blinked awake in the hissing mists. Around her strong arms folded, clutching her close to the male body encased in hard armor like hers. Fuzzily she came to, seeing the pinpoint jewels on a vast velvet background through a reddish porthole. Breath misted against the front, and she found there was little room to move in the enclosed space.
 
Her heart pounded and Tomic hyperventilated. So close and small the walls seemed to close around her that she shivered and kicked. Fortunately the strong arms that held her would not yield and she heard a gruff voice call out, “Tomic, relax it's me… cease your struggling!”
 
“Kami,” she stammered her mind still hazy from the shock of waking up. “Where am… I can't breathe!”
 
“Tomic, turn around and face me. Relax and stop fighting me, you're in no danger!” the gruff voice she knew as well as her own spoke right into her ear. Finally recognizing it she squeezed her eyes shut and clutched the strong gauntleted hands that hugged her tightly to the male chest behind her. Dark spikes of hair tickled her bare skin and legs, reminding her he had far more then she could ever hope.
 
“Raditz, where… how long…” she stammered.
 
“We are near our commander's ship. Much has changed. And there is much to fill you in on,” he whispered, stroking her belly encased in the thick dark armor. Shivering she felt him gently twist her around so her backside rested in the space between massive muscular thighs, and rested her knees over one arm.
 
“Drek, I HATE enclosed spaces,” she mumbled, burying her face in his forest of thick hair. He clutched his mate in his arms, nuzzling her face with his own cheek. Raditz was glad that he shared his pod with her because there was so much lost time to catch up on. Also he was pleased that she again turned to him for comfort.
 
In hushed tones he told her. Explaining that there was only one year Chillash standard to prepare for Brolly's return. King Cold had charged his daughter with avenging her brother's death, since his elder son was otherwise occupied. The reward would be her ruler ship of what was once her brother's domain.
 
“Prince Vegeta knew that he would have much to answer for because supposedly it was the best at what it did under Freiza. So when Zarbon opened negotiations on behalf of his world Zelbranian, he first considered hiring us,” Raditz said.
 
“So he must have been greatly shocked and disappointed to find that the home of the Saiyans, Vegetasei had long since been destroyed,” Tomic murmured, stroking Raditz' abundance of spikes. Lightly the starlight speckled through the forward ports along with the green and red display relays. They cast a strange pattern on her mates' face.
 
She recalled Alvegasei's strife. There she had learned that so extensive that the factions loyal to the Prince had plotted to stake all on finding him to rid themselves of the threat of Paragus' grip. Raditz rubbed his cheek to her forehead and saw her unspoken question. “While you were gone, our Legendary, Master Brolly of all Saiyans had gone mad, attacking and burning our habitations,” Raditz swallowed hard.
 
“How did we survive?” Tomic wondered. “If I had only known…”
 
“Only a last ditch effort and call for help had subdued the monstrously powerful one,” said Raditz.
“In a twist of fate Emperor Freiza himself had gone to see the huge power source, and his presence had attracted that of the crazed Brolly. It was a blessing in disguise for the two dueled, and Brolly destroyed him. This left a coalition of Changeling royalty who subdued and stopped him when he reached Freiza 300.”
 
“So Freiza was KILLED by Brolly! That's hard to believe,” Tomic shuddered, feeling the pall of death fall over her with Raditz tightly drawn expression.
 
“But that's not the half of it,” Raditz continued, chewing his lip. He enclosed her more tightly in his gauntleted arms. “Finally a mighty attack from Frieza's younger sister Frosta had bound the insane Legendary into a large time hole. He would return in a year, she said.”
 
“What are we to do?” Tomic swallowed hard, shivering on his lap.
 
“Shh precious one, I'm here to protect you. I promised none would harm you while I was here, did I not?” he purred into her ear. Promptly the scouters collided when Tomic pulled her face out of his hair to kiss him. Grumbling she pulled hers off and he did the same, placing them to the side so they would be able to continue unimpeded. He slid her arm behind his head so she could move closer and leaned down to accept the kiss she pressed to his lips. A strange custom that he loved and enjoyed from a lifetime half forgotten.
 
“Radz love, I missed you,” she whispered.
 
“As did I, Tomic,” he nodded. “But we will be together for a long time on.”
 
“But doing what?” she asked.
 
“We will know when the Prince tells us. But I think that you and I can make up for time lost,” he said with a lascivious grin. It brought a twinge in her lower body effectively eclipsing her claustrophobia. Bless him for such a diversion.
 
“You and I first came in this way,” she mumbled. Raditz cut her off with a clumsy yet heartfelt kiss. She grabbed handfuls of his mane to pull him as close as she could. He reached under the shoulder pads of her armor and detached them; revealing segmented straps that held the halves together like Bardock and other third class armor.
 
“Didn't know they came off,” she mumbled.
 
“Humph, well now you do. And you've worn my old armor HOW long?” he snickered. She did the same with his armor, placing the shoulder pads at their feet under the pod's seat frame. Fortunately they had gotten empty storage capsules by way of Goku and Chichi, who happened to have plenty as an old wedding present.
 
It was too close quarters to completely undress, so they did the next best thing by detaching the parts of their battle suits that were in the way. Namely the armored panels that covered the hips and groin. For once she wasn't sad about wearing an abbreviated body suit that she could easily pull out of the way. The undergarments were in two pieces that held together by thermal sealing. Hard and durable, yet flexible. She encapsulated the pieces that were in their way, leaving them free to let their hands roam around the flesh that was exposed. He gently removed the lower half of her leggings as she helped him off with his spandex shorts. What struck her as odd were the sudden pangs of arousal that bolted through her. How easy it seemed to lean back and let him readjust her position so she could straddle him, and take him inside. Their bodies so different fit so well together that it was pure bliss. Tomic could barely move save rocking back and forth without slamming her head on the pod roof, but made do all the same. Instinct told her it was more like rutting then lovemaking, because she felt the urge to reach a fast release to sate a need. Yet he didn't mind in the least. Bharbera had explained early on that many Saiyans resorted to sex as a means of relieving stress when they could not fight.
 
Her face flushed when she recalled her first massive dose as a half blood. Where they were literally bound in the desire to mate nonstop. No human could have survived what she had gone through, evident with bites and welts all over her body. From his lips her teeth moved to nuzzle his neck as she circled her hips with his. A gasp was wrung from her throat as his tail wrapped around hers and she felt the crackling feedback of energy surging over her. Little wonder that concubines had special training when dealing with their males. Why mating between disparate classes were discouraged due to the fear of one hurting another.
 
As she lay suckling his blood, she felt his lips licking at the respective welt. In her mind she felt the rush of his thoughts, all that he wanted her to see, and all that she wanted him to see. Tears blurred her vision as she drank from his essence and the bond became immanent.
 
“What have I become,” she murmured.
 
“More like me. And I'm stuck with the best and worst of whatever remains of human weakness,” he said soberly, as they faced one another.
 
“You feel what I felt. I remember so clearly and yet the memories have different significance,” she whispered. “I want them to pay for what they had done.”
 
“My bloodlust in exchange for your compassion,” he said quietly. “That's why the upper classes see bonding as a weakness. Why Father was angry with me for denying an innately Saiyan quality. You know that it's the foundation of our society. But the upper classes will deny what they should embrace.”
 
“I cannot go back ever,” Tomic wiped tears from her eyes.
 
“They would not comprehend what you've become. And both of us would go mad in time,” he said quietly. “That's why Royal fear bonding. Why Freiza tried to beat it out of our elite warriors. But Father always knew better.”
 
“How many were gone?” she whispered.
 
“We don't know. But you're far more valuable then you realize,” he said.
 
“What's to become of us?” she asked quietly.
 
“We will soon find out as soon as we arrive. But know that the Prince won't stand meekly by and let our race be destroyed. There are paths to power, and I am weary of being on the bottom now that I've tasted other,” he said.
 
“How so?” she asked.
 
Raditz was quick to explain, “Frieza's two main advisors Zarbon and Dudoria were quick to seize influence with the young Changeling ruler Frosta. One pushed for the end of selling planets to other places in the empire while the other pushed for it to continue.”
 
Tomic felt a sense of hope flash brightly in her heart. She eagerly asked, “So was it Zarbon who hated the wholesale destruction of words native species, so he lobbied for them to be sold as slaves or pets?”
 
“Yes, precious one, you are right! So far he has the ear of the young Empress. For he knew that only one of the Saiyans could defeat the rouge Legendary when he returned. Zarbon had all to gain from preserving the Saiyan race what remained.”
 
“You're second class. Does that mean they'll try and make you and me…?”
 
“They dare not interfere. The Prince will not allow it. You will see that the balance will be redressed. Hence the alliance with Zarbon. Now that Frieza was slain by Brolly, Zarbon had taken his holdings. Till Frieza's sister Frosta had claimed her second oldest brother's holdings for her own Trust me Tomic, you can find life here pleasant…” he said.
 
“At the expense of pain?” she whispered. “As servants to another master?”
 
The large ship loomed ahead. They saw the rough scorch marks of battle, and helped put one another back together before their pod shot through the airlock. Various clanks and muttered shouts were heard, and then Raditz kicked the hatch open. He nudged her out first, and she reached down to pull him out. Crushing full gravity weighed her down, and she gasped for a moment trying to take it in.
 
“Full norm,” he observed. “More of us must have survived. I see no slaves but those of our sort.”
 
Other battered pods were being serviced. Most of the warriors that rushed about were technicians of Saiyan blood origin. Many were the infamous `idbloods' with streaks and faint stripes. It gladdened her to know that some were still there. Yet a strange emptiness rushed around her. She gasped and dropped into a bow when a white cloaked figure strode up and inclined his head. But next to him strode another figure, tall and elegant with a long green braid. Purple sleeves encased muscular arms, and green eyes glanced down at her as they took her in.
 
The commander himself was on hand to greet the last two members of the Prince's party to arrive. Now all the Saiyans were accounted for across the remainders of Freiza's empire. Those that had sent signals had already done so, sending their best fighters to represent their bases to the central meeting point in space. Already three star cruisers docked together to form a temporary space station not far from Isdsarsei Prime. Frosta's flagship, Lord Zarbon's cruiser, and Turles pirate vessel were locked in a symbiotic triangle that represented the negotiations to come.
 
Because Turles was a cousin of Bardock's family, he had special interest in seeing that Tomic and Raditz arrived safely. Not to mention his own personal stake in Tomic's survival. She carried the tail of his long dead sister grafted to her body. In some form, his sister Tomoku lived on in the new being known as Tomic. The results of the fusion he was going to see firsthand as she knelt before him at Raditz side.
 
“It's good to see that you're alive,” said Turles quietly. “I had feared the worst.”
 
“So this is your mate, sergeant. You are quite a pretty thing indeed,” said the masculine voice from the slender elven figure. She blinked up at his face, wondering who it was. Curiously his eyes met those of her mate, who averted his gaze strangely. Images flared through the bond, and it made her blush. She remembered his words. `I resorted to my own gender, with one that shape shifted'.
 
“Lord Zarbon you grace us with your presence,” Raditz murmured. He slid a hand down and cupped Tomic's chin, turning her gaze back and forth.
 
“Indeed you are a lovely one,” he said. Tomic turned her face to press a kiss to Zarbon's hand. Something like lust crackled there, and he gave an amused chuckle.
 
“Her manners have much improved I see,” Turles nodded.
 
“You were successful in your mission. It is good to see the treasure you've brought,” Lord Zarbon said. “We have already met his Majesty, who has arrived before the pair of you. I bid my own welcome to all those who have survived the unfortunate circumstance befalling your other home world.”
 
“Milord?” Tomic asked.
 
“Your mate will tell you, pretty one. I only wished to see with my own eyes that he had chosen. And I see he has chosen well,” said Zarbon. “Don't be so surprised. You and I shall become well acquainted, for your mate has served me well in the past.”
 
“Milord,” Raditz nodded. “She does not yet know.”
 
“I don't understand,” Tomic trailed off.
 
“Lord Zarbon is an ally of those loyal to Vegetasei,” said Turles, reclining on one knee as he rested a hand on Tomic's shoulder. “That is all you need know now. Except that a horrible price has been exacted. And retribution must be made.”
 
“Retribution?” Tomic asked. She had heard about him from Nappa back during their orientation. How Zarbon, who saw the advantage to Saiyans, had killed Dudoria.
 
“Lord Paragus is dead,” said Zarbon quietly. “And friends are few and far between. His Majesty chose his well. And all loyalties will be rewarded at this time. Heed well what your mate tells you, and what orders are given you. For you might serve me at some time.”
 
He rose and inclined his head. In Typical Saiyan fashion Zarbon rested his boot against Raditz, then her shoulders. Turles whistled to others who rushed up to attend the tall Zelbranian noble. He retreated and strode off, leaving them with Turles kneeling by them. Brushing hair out of her face, he said, “I know you're confused, but you'll soon know what all this is about, woman.”
 
“What happened?” she swallowed hard.
 
“A horrible thing,” Turles whispered. “The Prince did not tell you I see. Well it seems that the Master has gone mad. If not for the intervention of the Changelings royal house, he would have run amok. And only by this alliance are we spared from further servitude. Lord Zarbon is one of the few that have given his protection to justify us to her majesty Empress Frosta.”
 
“You mean we must do what we have before?” she swallowed hard.
 
“The liquidation of worlds is no longer lucrative. But the slave trade persists. And we are to be at the beck and call of the Empress, as we owe her for the imprisonment of the Master who has gone insane. And as members of the Prince's squad you will be called on as the Prime unit for retribution. Purgers make good enforcers,” Turles said. “And you are the best.”
 
“Holy hell,” mumbled Tomic as she glanced up at Turles. He seemed haggard and drawn.
 
“What of Father?” asked Raditz.
 
“He lives and works even now. But it seems that your Prince has brought a precious resource. But she's not exactly cooperative. Since you're experts at Earth customs, perhaps you can get more of the resource?” asked Turles.
 
“What do you mean?” Tomic asked.
 
“I need you to guard the Prince's cut of the Earth contract,” said Turles. “You will come with me. Sergeant, you will report to Lord Zarbon after he has taken his tour of the ship and accompany him to the Prince. All will be explained.”
 
“But why is Zarbon so kind to you and us as Saiyans?” she asked.
 
“Humph because I treated his sister Zelbreen well,” laughed Turles with mirth.
 
“So you mean her serving you was just a test?” she blinked.
 
Turles slid his arm around her shoulder. He threw back his head and laughed, “Yes little one. A test to prove the Saiyans worth to Zarbon. As long as I showed I could be trusted to care for his sister, I gained Zarbon's favor. And you must know there is the added bonus of the Idsarjin alliance with Zarbon's home world that gives us Saiyans them another favoring pledge.”
 
“It's finally making sense,” Tomic mumbled.
 
“Surely by know you must have figured out that it was I and your sire in law Bardock, who had convinced Zarbon of the worth of recovering the lost Saiyan prince, as insurance should Frosta turn on Zarbon and the others,” Turles chuckled, stroking her shoulder. “Brolly may have wiped out Freiza, Frosta's rival to his empire. Yet game set and match had been made. Now the test has been passed and he had secretly convinced Frosta to use her powers to restrain Brolly till he could be brought to trial for crimes against the Changeling Empire.”
 
“So how do I fit into all of this? I had expected to meet up with the Prince, not you. No offense,” she said.
 
“Well, we have a situation that has need of your particular talents,” Turles said quietly. He drew her off to one side, motioning for her to follow him to the far end of the hanger.
 
“What sort of situation?”
 
“The delicate feminine kind,” Turles said, face wrinkling with a serious frown. “And since you had long ago expressed interest in how I conduct business with my females acquired from missions, I can use your help.
 
“I hope you're not talking about more `concubines',” she glowered at him.
 
“Well, it has to do with Zellbreen, Zarbon's sister,” said Turles. Heart pounding Tomic followed Turles down a long hallway. She saw the settings read 1/10 G as he approached a door, and punched in the code. “Where are we?”
 
“The slaves' quarters. Where my concubines and that of the upper class go, while we live in Vegetasei normal gravity,” Turles explained.
 
Sharply the awkward silence was marred by a klaxon. To their sensitive ears, it sounded like a slice of sheer hell driving through their brains. Red lights blared in their eyes squeezed shut, and Turles barked towards one of the female guards rushing by. She panted and dropped to her knees before the commander. She recognized it as Malta, one of the lesser slaves to Turles. “Master, we tried to stop her!”
 
“Where is she?” asked Turles. “And turn off that DAMN alarm!”
 
Her hand flashed up and slapped a panel. Immediately the sound cut out, replaced only with a red flickering strobe lights in the curves of the ceiling to indicate a disaster. “Milord,” Malta panted, her hair in disarray. “The Prince's special cargo got loose. We took it to the chamber prepared, but it… got out…”
 
“Drek! I thought I told you ladies to handle it till I brought help!” Turles growled. Malta shivered in fear, averting her gaze.
 
“Milord, your favorite Zelbreen and Persia sent me to tell you should you return. They've contained it in the forward slave area, but it's shut us out of the ships systems!”
 
“How curse it?” Turles blinked. He caught hold of the leash, and tugged hard. Tomic shook her head in shock as Malta caught her breath. Her blue skin dappled with purple heaved in and out over her breasts as she struggled to find the words. Her shapely body was clad in a silver veil skirt that hung off her hips, and her breasts were tied up in a chain mail bodice that laced at the bottom. Like all Turles female slaves who worked for his elite upper crew, she wore a gold collar with a leash that dragged behind her.
 
The snap of her leash brought Malta back to her senses. She gasped, “This creature is good with electronics! We were not told she could be so intelligent. I had assumed since she was put with us that her intelligence was not with things that could endanger the ship. So she ended up tearing off the panel near the entertainment console in the lounge. Where we entertain elites. And then the next thing I know the gravity went out and pushed us all out of the chamber. She then locked herself in!”
 
“Who?” Tomic asked.
 
“The Prince's new slave,” said Malta, blinking at Tomic. “Corporal, are you the female on the Prince's squad? Raditz new mate?”
 
“She is indeed. Show her where the creature is,” said Turles.
 
“What did the prince bring back?” asked Tomic, her heart pounding.
 
“He didn't tell you?” asked Turles, blinking in confusion.
 
“NO!” Tomic growled.
 
“Take us to her!” Turles snapped, grabbing the leash and snapping it. Malta rushed ahead, leading him as he took Tomic by the arm. They marched after the slave through another corridor flickering with the red strobes. Females and male concubines bustled about, struggling to dress themselves as Turles marched in.
 
“Where is she?” he asked. Zelbreen and Persia rushed up their hair in a mess.
 
“She is impossible! I don't know HOW she's done it, but the little bitch has locked us out of the main security subroutines!” said Zelbreen. Tomic blinked at the thought that the main concubine knew something more then just pleasuring males.
 
“What, she DOES know security access, small one,” Turles blinked at Tomic's surprise. “All my favorite concubines do. They keep the lesser ones in line!”
 
“I don't care about that… what's going on?” Tomic breathed.
 
“Can she reason with her?” Malta asked.
 
“Someone has to. She won't listen to any of us!” Zelbreen said. “Master, I've programmed the secondary to be run from my com bracelet, but this bitch is tinkering around so quickly I'm afraid I can't encrypt them for long.”
 
She held up her bracelet, indicating a microcomputer terminal identical to one on Turles gauntleted arm. Tomic saw the flickering Saiyan characters indicating a software battle was ranging. Grumbling Turles tapped a few keys on her bracelet, then his. “There. You have override access. That should lock her out of the main ship while Tomic deals with this nonsense.”
 
“What must I do? If I don't know what is going on,” Tomic glared at him.
 
“Tomic, go reason with her. It's up to you to calm her down,” said Persia.
 
“WHAT the hell is going on?” Tomic snapped. “Tell me!”
 
“Come with me, please, Corporal,” she said, motioning for Tomic to follow her. Raising a brow, Tomic strode through the long corridors to where several female slaves were nursing scratches. Loud screams and curses emanated from the chamber.
 
“In there. Can you at least stop her from screaming and get her to turn of the safety interlocks?” asked Zelbreen. “While the Master and I go isolate the issue and get everything ELSE back on line?”
 
“Oh crap,” grumbled Tomic as she peered into the window. Screaming and glaring daggers at them was Bulma Briefs, her clothes torn. She thrust her middle finger up as she saw Zelbreen standing there, and cursed in a string of Japanese.
 
“You get the freak away from here!” Bulma screamed. “Till you tell me WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!”
 
“You can't keep this up, earth woman! You know that we can get in there!” Zelbreeen said angrily.
 
“I'm NOBODY's whore!” Bulma yelled angrily. “SCREW YOU! I'll figure out this whole damn ship and you'll be sorry! I'm not far from locking into the computer!”
 
“Bulma!” Tomic cried. “It's me, Tomic!”
 
“What the…” she stammered, and turned to see Tomic peering in.
 
“Bulma, let me in! Its Tomic! Please… I can help you!” said Tomic.
 
“You… you were in on this!” she yelled.
 
“I had no idea!” Tomic shouted. “You have to believe me Bulma! Please!”
 
“Fine. I'll let you in, but if you're lying to me,” Bulma said quietly, her eyes gleaming with cold hatred. Zelbreen saw the door hiss open, and Tomic stepped into the small space. Immediately the hatch hissed shut, clanging with the antigravity interjections.
 
“Bulma, I had no idea…” Tomic said quietly.
 
“Your prince shanghaied me!” she snapped. “Did you know?”
 
“I had no idea,” said Tomic. “Goku and the others didn't know.”
 
“Where are we?” Bulma asked, as Tomic stood by the door.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“Trying to hack into the system, what do you think?” she glared. “I can't let these monkeys push me around! I'm NOT going to be someone's whore!”
 
“I won't let them do that,” said Tomic firmly.
 
“How do I know that I can trust you?” Bulma glared at her.
 
“The security code for the computer,” said Tomic. “I know it.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“I give you access to the ship's computer. Is that proof of my loyalty?” asked Tomic. Bulma moved aside quietly as Tomic tapped into the keypad. Zellbreen gave an angry squeal.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“Shut up!” Tomic shouted. “Let me handle this! LEAVE!”
 
“Listen to her,” said Turles. “I will leave now.”
 
“You…” Bulma breathed, seeing the system flicker into life.
 
“You will do what you wish,” Tomic said, standing to one side. “Hold us hostage. But it won't do you good. We're light years from Earth. Patch into the navigational computer and you'll see.”
 
Bulma did so; using the scouter she had swiped to decode the Saiyan symbols to Japanese. Soberly she saw the flickering coordinates on the screen from the main navigation relay. No pattern of stars looked familiar. Swallowing hard, she wiped away gleaming tears. “What… what the hell?”
 
“Bulma, I'm sorry, had I known,” said Tomic quietly.
 
“Son of a bitch, they'll pay for this!” Bulma snarled, slamming her fist to the wall.
 
“They will, and I will help you,” said Tomic.
 
“WHY?” she asked, whirling on her.
 
“I'm just as much a slave as you are,” Tomic said, echoing Raditz words of so long ago.
 
“You…”
 
“I'm a third class warrior. No better then a slave. But I don't think the Prince kidnapped you for a sex slave. And I'll make sure that doesn't happen. I think you'd be of use to the labs, with your scientific know how,” Tomic said quietly.
 
“Crap… I… oh damn I'll never see home again?” Bulma swallowed. Tomic saw her stagger and lean against the wall. Slowly she slid down, her face scrunching into misery. Tears gleamed and she struggled to hold them back as she turned away.