Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances for Bardock's Sons ❯ Twisted fates of two females ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Second Chances
By Trynia Merin
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z, Toriyama does. I do own Frosta, Tomic, and other fan fiction characters including the Idsarjins. This is a work of fan fiction, and I don't get any money for this!
This is third in a series of stories for an AU.
***
 
Tomic crouched down, and gently rested her hands on Bulma's shoulders. “I don't know what to say to help you,” she said, in English. Bulma blinked, her blue eyes widening in shock.
 
“You know that language…”
 
“It was once my own,” Tomic admitted. “I was human like you once.”
 
“That's bullshit!” Bulma spat.
 
“Bulma, please, I know this wasn't what you wanted! But I didn't either,” Tomic said quietly. Bulma sniffled hard, unable to keep the tears away. She pushed the items back into Tomic's hands, and turned away, burying her face in her hands.
 
“Son of a bitch monkey bastard,” she sniffled.
 
“Bulma I truly DIDN'T know. I know we're not your favorite people right now, but if I had known…” said Tomic, swallowing hard. Stiffly she reached out her arms, and wrapped them around the girl. Bulma sniffled and let the Saiyan female hold her in a comforting embrace. Slowly Tomic rocked the other female, shushing her like she would her child so long ago forgotten.
 
“You are… human?” Bulma whispered. “I didn't see any of those space monkeys do that.”
 
“Not much of who I am is human,” said Tomic. “I'm not any sort of human like you. But I remember.”
 
“How?” she asked.
 
“Tail grafting,” said Tomic with a wry grin. “Lord Bok Choi. Long story. Just that Mars Needs Women.”
 
"Are you sure you're not playing games with me?" Bulma sniffled, wiping her tears away with the back of her hand.
 
“Would I have things like these if I were Saiyan?” Tomic asked. Bulma watched Tomic reach along the side of one boot. She opened a hidden compartment and dug out two very earthly items. Cupping her hand she held them towards the trembling Bulma.
 
Slowly Bulma extended her hand to pick up the items. She handled them as if they were dangerous specimens. Yet all she held was a pair of battered glasses set in gold frames, along with a silver pocketwatch. Still prodding the watch with her finger she glared back at Tomic, "So what… you could have gotten that from earth!”
 
“Open the watch,” said Tomic.
 
Bulma pressed the stud and saw the watch snap open. She noticed that the watch was smaller in size, much like the old ones that lady nurses wore pinned to their lapels. Inside the lid was a picture of a brown haired woman wearing the glasses she now held. Climbing over her were two young toddlers wearing karate gi of all things. They seemed happy and carefree, but the image of the man behind them was scratched out. Tomic pulled off her scouter, and looked Bulma in the eyes. In shock the scientist glanced from Tomic to the woman in the picture. There was no denying the similarity in the features.
 
"Martial arts clothes," Bulma blinked.
 
"They studied martial arts because they had great powers. And there were only a few experts in the world with the power to help them hone their abilities," said Tomic.
 
"But…" she stammered turning the watch over, and her heart froze. On the back were the initials R R inside two triangles facing one another.
 
"What does that mean to you?"
 
"Red Ribbon army… how the HELL could you…"
 
"A dog of their military," Tomic said angrily. "An experimental subject of their genetics testing program. Courtesy of Dr. Gero's rival. He didn't build androids; he cloned things and intercalated their DNA with other living things. He was trying to breed the ultimate soldier. I and several of my friends were submitted for service. I was beguiled by a scientist named Rutherford Stellari. Known as Professor Hazel by his designations."
 
"Unbelievable… but this is impossible!" Bulma landed backwards, shuddering.
 
"By the time I figured out what was truly going on, it was almost too late. Some of us in the esper corps were given genetic enhancements. My father and mother were secretly members of the Red Ribbon army. I grew up just like any other girl would. But they kept the nature of their true identities secret. Then I was sent to a special military college for young girls. I thought it was for the King's army for those with special psychic powers. But by the time they got done conditioning me it was almost too late," she said quietly.
 
"I heard rumors about such things. And I know they made androids, and had psychic soldiers. Lt. Blue was one of them. He worked for the Crane Hermit," she shuddered.
 
"I was one of a few who learned to use telekinesis to perform the lost art of alchemy. Rearranging molecular bonds with the power of our minds," she said quie4tly. "But only one of us was able to change lead to gold. But we all used our powers as soldiers. Mine was the ability to generate polymers and plastics from the particulate matter in earth's atmosphere."
 
"I can't believe this. You're from MY world?"
 
"Not in this time or place," Tomic said quietly. "Some Red Ribbon operatives in the UFO unit made contact with beings from another dimension. Destroyers. A race of beings that were from our world's future. A future of genetically engineered super creatures lead by a perfect being."
 
"Damn," Bulma whispered.
 
"His name was Seru. He created the world in his own image again. A world populated by beings that were both android and reptilian. Eventually Mankind had evolved into a future race of Artificial humans and mutants. But the mutants won out and destroyed the artificial humans. Because Earth was decimated, they developed the ability to travel in space. Not with ships but with small devices that could generate holes in time and space. They went to anywhere they could and got the necessary things to rebuild their planet."
 
"How did you learn this?" Bulma asked, shuddering as she gathered her capsule corps jean jacket around her shoulders.
 
Tomic sat down Indian style next to her. She whispered, "Because a scientist named Third and the Leader of the Destroyers contacted the Red Ribbon army in the past. They wanted to make sure the history came to pass. But not in favor of the Androids. But in the favor of mutants. They had a prototype time machine invented in the past but theirs was the portable version."
 
"I… don't' get it."
 
"A machine invented by a Dr. Briefs. That was scrapped and rotting in a forest," she said quietly. Bulma blinked at her.
 
"My dad never invented time machines," she said. "Where in my time are you from?"
 
"The past," she said. "Ten years before you were born, Bulma. But once I found out what was going on, I stole one of the destroyer devices and teleported my two sons and myself to the future to try and warn you. My husband and the destroyers pursued me. My husband had already started the process of taking the genetic virus they use to make men into mutants like them."
 
"This is impossible," Bulma shuddered. "What has THIS to do with me… and the Saiyans?"
 
"I got to know you and your husband in the future. You had two children, and your friend Goku was the Savior of your world," she said quietly. "You and your husband managed to stop the Destroyers in this time from taking over. But they escaped. Yamcha and Krillen saved my children and me from dying at my husband's hand. He was going to take my sons and them to mutate them. And serve the Destroyer leader."
 
“Holy crap, how?”
 
"I managed to make a life working for Capsule inventing plastics. When your world was at peace. But the dimensional travel opened holes in space-time. Letting anything through. Your son invented a device to heal time. But it didn't stop Leader from sending bounty hunters after my sons and me. I'm not sure why I was so important. But I had taken a piece of technology with me they wanted," she said. "I almost don't' remember anymore."
 
"This is really twisted," Bulma groaned, shaking her head. "You knew me in another time? And you say the Saiyans got through?"
 
"Nappa and Raditz were the only one brave enough. They knew that Earth in that other timeline was 20 years in the future of this one. And they knew that Son Goku was alive and thriving then. As was the Saiyan Prince. They learned all they could about how the Saiyan race was close to extinction. By the tapes the Destroyers gave them and close observation of the two remaining full blooded Saiyans," said Tomic, glad to tell all that she knew.
 
"Two Saiyans on EARTH?" she shivered.
 
"Yes. Goku and the Prince of All Saiyans," she said.
 
"You mean that prince Vegeta… no way!" she shivered.
 
"He was convinced to stay and live on earth after he found his race was exterminated. Goku was VERY persuasive. But they aren't the best of friends," she said.
 
"You said I was married and had kids. Was it Yamcha?" she asked.
 
"I can't tell you that. Anyway, it was another time stream. There's no guarantee that events will even go along that path now that I've been brought over. But that's not the FIRST time that someone tried to change the past. The time machine was brought by Cell, the very first Destroyer in order to make him stronger. But he goofed and went back TOO early at first," she said. "But I only know of that in tales that Goku told to his sons."
 
"Goku with kids…"
 
"Gohan and Goten," she said fondly.
 
"I had children?"
 
"Yes. A son and daughter," she said. "They looked so much like you."
 
"How well did you know any of us?" she asked quietly.
 
"Only well enough to hear stories of the past. But that hardly qualifies as reliable information. That's why I' on the Prince's team. Because I know what could happen to the Saiyan race if it is exterminated," she said.
 
"But how did the Saiyans even KNOW… to come to this other time?"
 
"Bardock," she said. "He's got a special ability to predict things. Don't ask me HOW but he has these bad spells where he can see things that MIGHT come to pass."
 
"My brain hurts," Bulma mumbled. "Who is Bardock?"
 
“Who the hell is he?”
 
“Goku's father,” said Tomic. Bulma groaned, pressing her hand to her ears.
 
“I'm SO not here!” she wailed. For a time she shivered and rocked. Tomic sat next to her, resting her arm around Bulma's shaking shoulders. The two women fell into uncomfortable silence. Bulma let herself cry for a time, but then stiffened.
 
"Shit," she blinked. Tomic glanced down at her, as Bulma wiped away the last tears.
 
"You see now what position I'm in?" Tomic asked earnestly. Light flickered over the green lens of her scouter, veiling one of the dark eyes from Bulma while the other gleamed with moisture.
 
"Yeah. And it's so crazy that I know you're telling the truth. Nobody would invent a story that convoluted,” Bulma groaned. "Unless they were drunk off their asses."
 
“I'm supposed to get you to see reason. But I don't know what to do,” Tomic said softly, sitting Indian style next to Bulma. “We're on out own.”
 
Bulma's eyes widened. She sat up straight and prodded Tomic in the ribs. “Say, what about that mate of yours?”
 
“I guess I'd better tell you that you I are going to be in here till you shut off the antigrav locks are disengaged by outside," said Tomic. "Or till you willingly let me and you out."
 
“Not till they keep their hands off me! I won't wear this chain mail bikini and they flip out!” Bulma pointed to a small scant pile of clothes that looked like something from Barbarella. Other tools lay scattered, and she guessed Bulma had her set of capsules because she wore a small case around her waist like a fanny pack.
 
“What do you have?” asked Tomic.
 
“Just the standard set of Capsules. You know, motorbikes, tools, etc,” Bulma mumbled. “And a few machine guns. I'm trying to make a weapon against these dorks.”
 
“A ki disrupter,” said Tomic. “Like the Red Ribbon army used.”
 
“You know?”
 
“I had one on me. Piccolo used it to control me,” said Tomic. "And I saw such devices in development when I was a dog of their organization."
 
“Oh, do you still have it?” asked Bulma. Tomic handed her the scraps of metal she stashed in her armored boot. She had kept them as a souvenir, but was glad she had. With a happy laugh she looked over the mechanism like a child over a Lego set.
 
“You will tell her. But now enough of the past. You may take your leave and join your Prince.”
 
“This is nuts,” Bulma mumbled as Tomic explained interplanetary politics to her. Raditz had been most forthcoming in filling her in through their mental link. During the long hibernation their minds had flowed freely sharing information in an intimate manner. Third Class mating bonds were seen as embarrassingly intimate by upper classes.
 
“I know. Two rival houses vied for the rulership of Vejitasei. The house of Paragus, and the house of Vegeta. Both have alternated throughout history. Sometimes the families intermarried, but at other times one would try and supplant the other. Yet when the last King was slain along with the destruction of the planet, there was a power vacuum. Paragus helped sell the Prince out as an agent of purging to Freiza in exchange for his son Brolly being made the heir. Then Dudoria and Freiza slew our people. Nobody knew, save Bardock who managed to tell Paragus of what he saw. He convinced lord Paragus to build enough ships to send enough of our people to colonize another world in case Vegetasei was destroyed.”
 
“Did you ever see it?” asked Bulma.
 
“No,” she said quietly. “I told you I was once like you. Part of me.”
 
“I don't get it,” Bulma said, pulling off her blue Capsule Corps jacket and folding it up. Tomic was glad she had taken the shoulderpads of her armor off because they were cumbersome. All she wore was the typical third class armored vest with brown-segmented straps, and knee length shorts that many females had when not on mission. While trying to help Bulma make a `weapon' from the remains of the Red Ribbon device the two discussed Saiyan history and politics.
 
“This made me what I am,” she said, pointing to the tail she unfurled.
 
“You mean just cause someone stuck a Saiyan female's tail on your spine you became one of them?” Bulma blinked.
 
“Commander Caulif is Turles father. He developed a Race Bank, and a transplantation process by which Saiyan DNA can repair itself in regeneration tanks. Bardock worked out the electronics but he took the credit. Lord Bok Choi and Dudoria cut off the tails of Saiyans as trophies and put them into a museum. But the recovered tails could in theory be transplanted onto a suitable host and the Saiyan DNA work like a `virus' to convert host cells to half Saiyans. They used it on females. Idsarjin females,” said Tomic.
 
“Ugh!” Bulma shuddered.
 
“We already interbred with Idsarjins to preserve the Saiyan race. But humans were overlooked because of our… your frailty,” Tomic said. “The power levels were hardly worth their time. But then the Saiyans encountered interdimensional hopping bounty hunters called the Destroyers…”
 
“Interdimensional,” Bulma nodded.
 
“The human that was once me that is now part of the me that is now," Tomic mumbled, rubbing her face.
 
“You sound confused,” Bulma said, narrowing her eyes.
 
“I don't know where the human ends and the Saiyan begins,” said Tomic quietly. “The tail transplanted to me belonged to Tomoku. Flesh has memory, and it has gained a foothold and intercalated with what was once human. Now we… are one.”
 
“Creepy!” Bulma shuddered. “They'd better not try to do that to me!”
 
“You are considered too feeble to try. Your battle power is 5,” said Tomic. “At least you're safe that way.”
 
“They want me for my mind or my body?” Bulma huffed.
 
“Both and neither,” said Tomic.
 
“How can a high powered guy screw a weakling like me huh? Without killing me?” Bulma snorted.
 
“Concubines are trained to handle those with high ki. But not mate with them. To carry offspring that are Saiyan requires an Idsarjin, or a half blood,” said Tomic with a blush.
 
“But you're not Idsarjin,” said Bulma.
 
“I and ten other humans from my dimension were taken. By the Saiyans. Not just for the Destroyers. Those who were trained martial artists and fighters with powers at least 60 or greater. The process was not known to me till it was used,” she muttered.
 
“Why?” Bulma asked, wiping grease off her face with a rag she'd torn from her pants. She tore her jeans so they were cutoffs because she had no cloth at her disposal.
 
“Because I did something stupid,” Tomic chuffed, sitting on her bottom and wiping sweat off her brow. Bulma tossed her a cloth, and she picked it up to wipe off her own sweat. Just why they had left them alone was anyone's guess. Yet she knew it was Turles clever plan for them to bond and gain one another's trust so Bulma wouldn't blow up the ship in her own manner.
 
“They kidnapped you like that asshole prince did me!” she said. “I KNEW IT!”
 
“Raditz did,” she said. “I was a soldier. Of a State army. Of Alchemists.”
 
“HUH?” Bulma blinked. “You mean that hocus pocus stuff that was abandoned on Earth years ago? Before the first of the great wars?”
 
“They had them on your world?”
 
“The Red Ribbon army had a few of `em according to my dad. They were the last to use Alchemy. It was laughed at because it was hocus pocus demonic magic,” Bulma sniffed. “Once technology won out, it was abandoned on Earth.”
 
“Bardock was right. I was from the past. But the world I am from is a world like yours, but I was thrown into its future. It's very complicated I fear,” said Tomic.
 
“You can tell me since we're gonna be stuck together I think,” Bulma said quietly.
 
“How's that?”
 
“Why else lock you in here with me? You said I was a slave like you, huh?” Bulma said, tapping her chin with her screwdriver. “They LET you in here, knowing that I was just bluffing. If I really was a threat to them they'd have done far worse. Which means they were jerking us around the whole time.”
 
“You know the Saiyan language,” said Tomic.
 
“Correction, only enough thanks to your toy,” Bulma said quietly. “I only gained the gist to spite Monkey boy. He did some mind trick on me to try and force me to learn the language while I was conked out. I saw there were telepathic relay circuits in each space pod. They tried to implant something in whoever rides in one.”
 
“True. Hence my quick assimilation of language and culture, but it didn't work on you?” asked Tomic.
 
“Princey didn't set it up right,” Bulma snickered. “And I'm not stupid. I'm a genius as well as being beautiful. Whatever was being pumped into my mind just bounced off. I learned enough to have a crash course in Saiyanese and Chillash. And a bit of their science. But not enough to REALLY be a threat. Just fool `em into it.”
 
“What are your plans?” asked Tomic.
 
“Find out why Vegeta brought me here, and get even,” Bulma said. “And you can help me.”
 
“I have tried, but I have a problem. I cannot kill my own kind,” said Tomic. “I mean I refuse to kill needlessly.”
 
“You guys purge planets. That's enough of what I got from the quick telepathic download before I stopped it subconsciously,” Bulma said. “And I know you're not nuts about it. But you did to be on his team, huh?”
 
“Yes, under duress,” Tomic said quietly.
 
“I understand,” Bulma said quietly. “We all do crap we don't want to in our lives. It horrifies me but you're the only one who I can trust. That's also why I let you in.”
 
“You're awful trusting now,” said Tomic.
 
“I knew you weren't like the other outer space monkeys. Goku is one of you, and he has a good heart. That hit on his head scrambled his programming. I saw the telepathic relays when I was fixing the pod for Piccolo's goons. I know how they work. That's why I knew once the Prince got his hands on me that he might try to kidnap me. Cause he's a guy, and I can't help but think he wanted to get some beautiful female to screw or sell as a slave,” Bulma nodded.
 
“You guessed he would take you,” Tomic chuckled.
 
“I'm beautiful, aren't I?” Bulma tossed her hair. “And he fell for it.”
 
“Don't bite him,” said Tomic quietly.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Whatever you do, don't bite him between the neck and shoulder. Because you'll regret it,” Tomic glared at her. “That's what got me into this mess.”
 
“Some sort of claiming?” Bulma raised a brow.
 
“Yes,” Tomic muttered.
 
“Damn. I wondered why Chichi and Goku had those weird marks on their necks that day…” Bulma trailed off. “I thought it was just a hickey. But then I saw that mark you have when I rescued you… I notice details cause I'm a scientist. And I overheard you and Piccolo talk about you having a mate.”
 
“Instinct,” Tomic said.
 
“Does he think I'm going to be his slave or little paramour?” Bulma snorted. “As if!”
 
“He might sell you, or worse,” Tomic said. “But if you're spirited and smart they might chose to put you to work for them. They don't like females to be TOO spirited. Or too smart.”
 
“That's why we've gotta stick together. It's just you and me, girlfriend,” said Bulma with a solemn nod. “We have to cover each other's backs. If you ever want to have a chance to go back home.”
 
“I can't,” said Tomic. “I'm not any KIND of a human.”
 
“Don't ever say never. IF being a friend to a bunch of testosterone laden martial artists has taught me anything it's expect the impossible,” Bulma said. “And I know these are your kids.”
 
“Forever lost. To ensure their safety from the Destroyers I accepted Raditz offer. To go in place of what he sought to this universe. Before they destroyed the devices and purged the Destroyers. They didn't pay us for the worlds we cleared for them,” said Tomic.
 
“Talk about multiple personality disorder,” shivered Bulma.
 
“HEY, you in there!” shouted a voice. Both of them snapped up to see Turles staring at them through the porthole.
 
“Sir!” Tomic said.
 
“So you ladies getting to know each other?” Turles asked.
 
“What do you want from me?” Bulma asked, in perfect Saiyan speech.
 
“Ah so you have learned something, pretty one. Tomic, have you convinced her to help us? Or is she holding you against your will?”
 
“No sir. She is willing to help as long as she's not sold as a slave or concubine,” said Tomic. “I will take responsibility for her. She belongs to the Prince!”
 
“WHAT?” Bulma gasped.
 
“Trust me,” Tomic whispered. “As I once trusted you.”
 
“Oh, duh,” Bulma nervously giggled. “Uh… yeah! I made a deal with the Prince! Ask him!”
 
“Hmm, I see that is the case. I had hoped otherwise,” Turles mumbled. “Are you sure that you wouldn't reconsider? Because he did promise me a favor.”
 
“She can work for you in the lab,” said Tomic.
 
“I'm smart, big guy as well as pretty,” Bulma said, blinking her lashes at him. “You give your word you won't make me someone's sex toy, and I'll behave!”
 
“So given, small one,” Turles said with a chuckle. “But you're responsible for her, Tomic. If she gets out of line it's your tail.”
 
“Understood sir,” said Tomic.
 
“And you pretty one, behave for her. She is your mistress, though you belong to the Prince, he owes me a favor. For going along with you, you must work if you will not belong to one of us,” said Turles. “Though you would have been well treated.”
 
“Whatever. Just no funny stuff!” Bulma nodded.
 
“Then open the door?” Turles said. Bulma's hands flew over the circuits, and the door hissed open. The forcefield dropped. Picking up her capsule corps jacket she pulled it on over her striped tube top with spaghetti straps she'd worn to the Budakai. She wore sneakers and socks rolled down, her legs freshly shaven. Grabbing a hairholder she readjusted her hair in a sideways ponytail over one ear to hold it up out of her face.
 
“There, I can be reasonable, big guy,” Bulma said sweetly, blinking at him. “So, what's my job?”
 
“Put this on her,” Turles said, tossing Tomic a leash.
 
“Wait a minute buster!” Bulma protested.
 
“This is not necessary,” said Tomic.
 
“It's training. All slaves and servants must be so restrained. You know as well as I. If she behaves she removes it,” said Turles.
 
“Son of a…” Bulma grumbled in Japanese. “Bakaryou!”
 
“Sir,” sighed Tomic, clipping a collar around her friend's neck, and taking the end of the chain. “This way, Bulma. I'll treat you well. I swear.”
 
“Jerk,” Bulma mumbled as Turles watched both of them stride out of the cell. Tomic let Bulma walk at her side, holding the leash in a slack position. Obediently Bulma strode with her head held high, glaring at the leering soldiers checking her out.
 
“Pay them no mind. They just are jealous you're not theirs,” said Tomic in Japanese.
 
“Some taste for barbarians,” said Bulma. “But damn is EVERYONE taller then me? At least the Prince didn't make me feel like a midget!”
 
“Stay close,” said Tomic. She paraded Bulma along with her. Soon they moved down the corridor where other Saiyans and Idsarjins held new captives with leashes. Turles moved behind them, amused as he said a few words to other elite who were coming out of their briefing meetings.
 
A harsh laugh jangled their ears as one of the others barked. “So, you got something of value after all, drekface?” someone broke in.
 
“Commander Luki,” Tomic said with a snort, kneeling down. Bulma felt her hand on her shoulder gently forcing her to kneel.
 
“Humph, how's the purging business? You actually managed to have the stomach?” Luki sniffed.
 
“Who the hell is this?” Bulma asked in Japanese.
 
“Little pretty thing this fragile creature. Where's she from?” asked Luki, licking her lips.
 
“She's the Prince's latest acquisition! I'm looking after her, with all due respect,” Tomic answered in Saiyan.
 
“She looks like she'd break anyhow. What a shame,” Luki sniffed. “Well, you lucked out. You and I still have unfinished business after what you did to Lima. If you weren't under Turles protection I'd demand Satisfaction, drekface! So watch your step!”
 
“Bitch,” Bulma said quietly.
 
“Who said that?” Luki blinked.
 
“I did,” Bulma glared up at her.
 
“So it talks does it?” Luki laughed.
 
“Don't touch her,” said Tomic angrily, her fur crackling.
 
“Or you'll what, disintegrate my armor, you drekface?” Luki taunted her.
 
“Don't you have something better to do then freak with my underlings, woman?” snapped a tall burly Saiyan that made Bulma shiver. She backed away, her legs trembling to see Nappa glaring down at Luki.
 
“Nothing Commander Nappa. Nothing worth your attention,” said Luki. Nervously she got up and darted off, towards the assembling brigade of females. Bulma grimaced as she saw the female Saiyan unload a tirade on her black vested underlings
 
“C'mon drekfaces move it! We have formation! Move it bitches!” Luki yelled.
 
“What crawled up her ass?” Bulma grumbled.
 
“She's just a bitch,” said Tomic.
 
“Well, you got her to behave? Figured as much,” Nappa laughed as he glanced down at Tomic.
 
“Crap,” Bulma swallowed hard. “What… who…”
 
“She's with me, sir,” said Tomic. “Right?”
 
“Prince wants you to take her to the lab. After we assemble for basic formation. Might as well take her with you so our allies can see what we have!” said Nappa to Tomic. “Since you got her to behave!”
 
“What's going on?”
 
“Where we present the merchandise for inspection. But I thought Turles already did that!” Tomic snorted.
 
“He wants our allies to see what we can do, whelp,” said Nappa glancing down at Tomic. “So get your tail in gear and show us that your mate wasn't mistaken in taking you!”
 
“Yes sir,” said Tomic. “But the female Bulma will need a change of clothes and bathing.”
 
“Later. Just bring her. Your mate's got the spoils. Don't make us look bad, cause the Prince will get pissed otherwise!” said Nappa.
 
“What's going to happen!” Bulma gasped.
 
“Hold your tongue, female. Mind Tomic and you'll be fine. Speak out of line and you MIGHT make me convince the Prince to sell you,” said Nappa leering down at her. “Especially since I've not had some fun since…”
 
“You'd break her. Do you want that? The Prince would be pissed,” said Tomic firmly. “Besides, you can go to Idsarsei or that Mr. Zocolotto place, right?”
 
“Humph I can't wait to see the look on your face if the whelp tries to drag you along, kid,” Nappa laughed as he nudged Tomic's shoulder with his boot. “Get up and fall in. He's waiting for you!”
 
“I… what is the DEAL?” Bulma stammered as Tomic rose, and tugged the leash.
 
“Nappa's my superior,” said Tomic. “Just stick close. I know it seems barbaric, but keep your mouth shut and eyes open. We'll talk later I promise!”
 
“Kusotarre,” Bulma said in Japanese.
 
“Hai,” nodded Tomic, her voice low. Both females strode after the swaggering commander, joining the other remaining survivors in the huge hanger of Turles ship. It had docked with Zarbon's transport craft, and tall slender reptilian bishonen males and elfish females wandered in. Some had slaves of various races and others carried treasures.
 
Lord Zarbon stood with two others, the tall Turles, and two other aliens she had not previously seen. She wondered if they were the other members of the `resistance'. One of them was a slender red skinned male with white hair, while another towered head and shoulders over him. “That's lord Pepperjack from Cestus three, and the representative from Freiza 129, Matador.”
 
“I thought that Frosta…” trailed off Tomic.
 
“We're going to meet with them. Apparently she's got some side jobs for us to do to prove ourselves worthy,” said Nappa with a leer. He stood with his hands folded over his breast as Tomic knelt next to the tall form of her mate. He looked down at her with a guarded expression, but Bulma saw the heat in their eyes.
 
“Tomic,” he said quietly. “I'm pleased that you are all right. You have her?”
 
“No thanks to you!” Bulma glared up at him.
 
“Apologies, but there was no other way. I did not know,” said Raditz apologetically. “Your friends did not know you were gone…”
 
“Great,” Bulma groaned. “Yamcha must be worried SICK!”
 
“He went in search of you, if that's any consolation,” said Raditz quietly. “I'm sorry, small one, but you're in the thick of it as we are.”
 
“Quiet!” Nappa growled. They shut their mouths, and bowed. Long diatribes in Chillash were spoken between Frosta's delegate Matador, his horned head inclined as he and Zarbon spoke. Bulma saw the diminutive figure of the Prince standing next to Zarbon, on Turles other side. The Commander was kneeling next to him, and they seemed to have a heated discussion.
 
“IF he's a prince why…” Bulma whispered.
 
“A Prince of Saiyans, not of others,” said Raditz quietly. “Be quiet, because the future of our race depends on this agreement.”
 
“Oh crap,” whispered Bulma. “You mean…”
 
“There are not many of us left. And the price to remain alive was bought with the blood of many,” said Nappa quietly.