Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances for Bardock's Sons ❯ An audience with Turles ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Second Chances
An Audience with Lord Zarbon
By Trynia Merin
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z, Toriyama does. I do own Frosta, Tomic, and other fan fiction characters including the Idsarjins. This is a work of fan fiction, and I don't get any money for this!
 
 
Bulma shivered with terror. At the side of the female Saiyan Tomic she felt some security, but the entire ship seemed to swallow them up. She blinked up and whispered, "Why is the gravity not crushing me?"
 
"For the benefit of the slaves," Raditz answered her. He pressed a finger to his lips, and Bulma knew enough that she should be quiet. Anger filled Bulma at the sight of Vegeta speaking to the other allies. The tall lanky Zarbon licked his lips as he saw several of the other slaves on the leashes of the saiyans. When he stepped before them Bulma swallowed hard.
 
"Just relax, don't fight," said Tomic quietly. "Avert your gaze."
 
"Such a delicate thing. I see the Prince has good taste," said the tall creature.
 
Bulma glanced up, trembling in rage. However her eyes widened at the vision before her. Zarbon was gorgeous. The sight of him sent a tingling to her loins and her mouth watered. With a smooth chuckle he stroked her cheeks, icy thrills shivering down from where his fingertips caressed. Bulma's knees turned to water, and she felt her throat dry up.
 
"Hi… hi…" Bulma stammered.
 
"And she seems quite appreciative of beauty, don't you little one?" Zarbon hummed as he continued to slide his hand down towards Bulma's shoulder. He diverted well from her breast, and Bulma gasped in relief.
 
"Sire, please," said Tomic quietly. "She's… she's supposed to be scheduled for…"
 
"Be silent in his presence," Raditz whispered.
 
"You have friends already. Do you fancy her for yourself, pretty one?" asked Zarbon as he turned his gaze to Tomic. "I know that female Saiyans get lonely. You might do well to give her a concubine, my boy. The nights can get very cold and lonely."
 
"With all due respect sire," Raditz coughed.
 
"It's all right," Tomic said quietly. "That would please me."
 
"You are an adventurous little thing. Perhaps you may come to one of my parties sometime. You and your lovely mate, Sergeant," Zarbon said quietly as he glanced down at Raditz. The second class averted his gaze, simply looking at the floor as others glanced towards him.
 
"What are you looking at?" Zarbon said quietly. "I have not inspected you yet!"
 
"Sorry sir," the others mumbled as they saw the energies flickering around the tall zelbranian changeling.
 
Bulma swallowed the hard lump in her throat. Tomic put a hand on her shoulder and said, "But my father needs help in the lab. This one is intelligent enough that merely relegating her to a sex slave would be a waste."
 
"As you wish. She remains the property of the Prince, and is your responsibility, little one. Be sure she takes good care of the Prince's property, Sergeant. And both of you bring her and yourselves to the hot springs tomorrow night for a soak," said Zarbon. "The room will be on 1 tenth standard Vegetasei G for those not of your native sort."
 
"As your lord pleases," Raditz nodded. Zarbon reached down and rustled his hair, placing his boot on both his shoulder, and then Tomic's. A look of abject embarrassment flooded his face as Zarbon strode away. Raditz trembled with firmly veiled rage as eyes fell on him, his power crackling.
 
"What's up with your husband?" Bulma whispered.
 
"I don't know," Tomic said quietly. "But be quiet."
 
"What are you looking at!" Commander Turles suddenly barked as he strode up after the Lord Zarbon's retinue. "The next one not in pose gets KP for a month standard!"
 
"Yes sir!" they all stammered.
 
"Sergeant, Corporal, attend me. You will join me for dinner," Commander Turles said. Raditz shot him a look of relief, and slowly rose.
 
"Thank you sir," he nodded.
 
"The rest of you, fall out! Dismissed!" shouted Turles. Prince Vegeta was still standing with the delegation. Zarbon circled the room once more and returned. At his side stood Minister Khaulif, who had somehow survived, and Turles, who motioned for Raditz and Tomic to attend him as guards? Bulma was yanked along for the ride.
 
Turles gently pulled Tomic by the arm, and passed the leash to Raditz to carry. "Come small one, and tell me of your trials while we eat. Sergeant, hold this a moment."
 
"Sir?" Tomic blinked.
 
"It's all right. Walk with him," said Raditz quietly. Bulma swallowed hard, letting the tall Saiyan gently guide her. His hand was still shaking as he glanced nervously around. Sensing her mate's extreme discomfort, Tomic felt Turles slid her arm through his. Yet she did not sense that he had anything more then brotherly affection towards her.
 
“Are you ill? You seem quite… unsteady. You haven't bothered to eat have you? For shame…” Turles said, supporting her. “Seargent, I insist that your mate dine with me immediately.”
 
“As you wish. Go with him,” said Raditz. “I'll be waiting later Precious one.”
 
Moving over he gently nipped her ear, and she pressed a kiss to his cheek. Turles let go of her long enough to allow the small display of affection. Gently Raditz stroked her cheek, and she saw the discomfort of his clenching jaw. Letting go of her Commander's arm, she moved to embrace her mate. For a minute they shared a kiss, and then parted.
 
“Later,” he nodded. Then he urged her towards Turles who stood with a look of amusement on his face. Bulma quite forgotten stood there impatiently.
 
“Come along,” Turles said. Raditz nodded, and picked up Bulma's leash again.
 
"What's this all about?" Tomic whispered. "If I may speak freely."
 
"Later small one," Turles said quietly. "It's not the place to speak of such things. Only to say that there are histories and intrigues you must learn about before you are to serve to your full capacity on the Prince's squad."
 
"Shit, this is nuts," Bulma swallowed.
 
"Don't worry, just keep silent and all will be well," Raditz mumbled.
 
"Are you okay, you looked freaked…"
 
"Worry more for yourself, Bulma," said Raditz quietly. "We cannot protect you if you offend anyone."
 
"Damn it," Bulma grumbled. "I freaking HATE this."
 
“I know. Don't worry, Tomic and I will look after you,” Raditz said softly as he rested a hand on her shoulder.
 
“Tell me now, did you know the Prince was going to take me?” she asked plaintively. Raditz swallowed hard and cleared his throat.
 
“I did not,” Raditz admitted. Bulma felt relief flood through her. Her opinion of Raditz skyrocketed from suspicion to trust. On the leash he kept a slack grip.
 
Turles stopped and motioned to Raditz with Bulma. “Sergeant, escort the Prince's acquisition to Corporal Tomic's chambers. I must speak to her privately. Don't worry my dear, he will not let you come to harm.”
 
“Raditz?” Tomic said quietly.
 
“Don't leave me,” Bulma said plaintively.
 
“Bulma, you can get cleaned up there. Raditz will stay outside the door till I come and join you okay. Will this take long, Commander?” Tomic asked, halting Turles with her hand. He stood carefully there, and then snapped his fingers. Two young female slaves strode up expectantly.
 
“Jennlynn, Naiya? Escort the female to Corporal Tomic's quarters and see that she gets a suitable change of clothes,” Turles said as he glanced at Bulma. “Don't' worry little one, if they harm you they'll answer to me. Raditz, you'll wait outside till your mate returns, will you not?”
 
“Unless my Prince commands me otherwise,” Raditz inclined his head. Tomic looked nervously at her mate, and saw he was still looking quite agitated. Especially since his tail had dropped down and was twitching around his ankles.
 
“It will be okay, Bulma,” Tomic said. “Right, Commander.”
 
Turles grunted and nodded. Bulma saw the strange resemblance in the Saiyan to her friend Goku so far away on earth. He stood to a height a bit shorter then the sergeant. The scouter covering his face gave him a slightly sinister look, yet the epaulettes and long cape added height and bulk to his muscular frame. Judging by his attitude and rank he seemed much like a nobleman. Yet his face looked hauntingly familiar. He inclined his head to Bulma and took her hand, giving it a soft kiss. “Milady, you are the Prince's property, but you will not be treated as drek. I give my word as ship's commander.”
 
Bulma relaxed, feeling the touch of his hand. Tomic nodded quietly and Raditz slowly led the way. Reluctantly Bulma allowed the two female slaves to flank her and guide her carefully towards their destination. Looking up at Turles she blinked, “Corporal WHO's quarters?”
 
“You need not spend all your time there love. It adjoins your mates. Purger primes, even third class get their own rooms. But I trust that your new acquisition will be benefiting from it. And your cabin servants. I give Jennlynn and Naiya to you and your mate as a mating present.”
 
Suspiciously Tomic glared at him. Turles gently seized her arm and tugged her after him. “Are they supposed to help EVERY need?”
 
“You seemed to prefer them before. All Second Class Saiyan warriors such as your mate are entitled to at least two cabin slaves to cook and clean. One is for you, and one for your mate. IF you prefer a male…”
 
“I am not going to screw one of them!” she glared up at him.
 
“You need not. It's adopting Changeling custom for the sake of appearance,” Turles whispered back. “Walk with me. We have MUCH to discuss. You have many questions that need answers and I will provide them.”
 
“You'd better,” she mumbled as her Commander escorted her. His long cape swirled behind him much like that of Lord Zarbon's. His gleaming breastplate was highly polished, and his spiky hair looked suspiciously like Bardock's. She couldn't help but wonder the exact nature of their relationship since their contact was severely limited. Yet instinct told her he had no designs on her save treating her like he would a little sister.
 
"I just don't get the whole thing with… well… I mean you…" Tomic mumbled. They passed through a gravity lock, accessed by typing numbers on Turles microcomputer bracelet. Pressure increased inside, and she felt the pull of heavy gravity till the lights beeped. Then they emerged in full standard Vegetasei gravity. Tomic grumbled but felt strangely relieved as the Commander steadied her. Here the walls were decorated with motifs that she recognized from Elite housing units. Nappa and Cabernet's apartments were festooned with battle friezes and other murals from the Book of Legend. These were far more elaborate. Some were tapestries. Two Saiyan third class guards, a male and female saw them.
 
“Commander? Corporal?” asked one of them.
 
“Wait, isn't that Private Zucchini and mandrake?” she asked.
 
“I'm relieved to see you're all right, if you'll pardon me, sir,” Zucchini panted as she looked in relief at Tomic.
 
“We are glad to see you alive!” Mandrake nodded. Both knelt before the commander in typical salute.
 
“That will do. See we are not disturbed,” Turles waved. “Come along. You may share tales later. Enter…”
 
“Later,” whispered Tomic as Zucchini nodded. Mandrake wiped drool off his face as he saw Corporal Tomic wearing a more abbreviated armor. She carried the shoulder pads and armored skirt under one arm, feeling like she desperately needed a shower.
 
"It is simple love. You and I are related somewhat by blood," Turles said quietly. "Granted it seems odd, because you are still half human. But the Saiyan blood that flows through you was that of my sister Tomoku."
 
"But I'm some sort of third class… and you're…"
 
"One may mate up or down, depending on status. I was once Third Class, but I rose above through hard work and the pleasing of others," he said smoothly. "Many do not like the fact that some can rise above the 'scum'."
 
. He snapped his fingers to his concubines, shouting orders for food and clothes. Soon Tomic was hastened to a large bathing facility and stripped of her armor. Special robes the design of the ones she had rejected from Raditz were wrapped around her, and she was escorted to his private chambers to rest.
 
Zellbreen and Persia motioned to several younger females, two of whom looked familiar. Malta and Dextra moved up with platters of fruit. Tomic felt a young male slave help her to sit, and he raised her feet and started to massage them. Blinking up she felt fruit shoved into her mouth before she could speak. A Saiyan female sat down next to her, her long braid hanging over one shoulder. She had hair that slightly resembled the pictures she had seen of Raditz mother.
 
"Is the gown to your liking?" she asked, sponging her forehead off.
 
"I don't get this. Why the royal treatment?" she asked.
 
"It's the Commander's prerogative, not my mate's to question," she said. To her shock Tomic saw the telltale bite mark on the young female's neck.
 
"Rutra?" she asked. "Are you… when?"
 
"The same time as you and your mate," she said with a smile. "He must make you quite happy… he's a strong male…"
 
"As your mate must make you," she said, as Rutra shoved another fruit into her mouth. She noticed her gown was the same style as Turles' mate's. Pale purple over the shoulder and around the back, and a toga like skirt of soft leather suede. Gold bracelets the same styles as armored bracers encased their arms, and a gold collar was fastened around her neck. Soft boots of suede came to her mid thighs, and she saw her leg and arm rings had been polished to full luster. A similar ring was stuck on Rutra's upper left arm.
 
Tomic touched it, and caressed it. A similar ring was pushed halfway up Rutra's thigh. She recalled the male Parsnip had a similar bangle. Yet Bardock didn't. "The arm ring is a Third Class mating gift," Tomic said. "But this…"
 
"Particular to my clan of origin. Which you have doubtless received from your mate," she said.
 
"I can't remove it," said Tomic quietly.
 
"Why should you wish to? Once given by the wearer, it does not come off. It seals to the skin," she said. Her furry tail was wrapped around her waist just above the jeweled belt that held up her toga like skirt. Earrings and anklets completed the look, and she saw that the Commander was sitting on a divan nearby, letting himself be fed by Persia. A young male moved over and started to massage her shoulders.
 
"What's the deal with Lord Zarbon…? Raditz looked like someone had hit him in the face," Tomic whispered. Turles cleared his throat.
 
"You mean he did not tell you?" asked Turles quietly. He glanced back and forth, and then motioned to his slaves.
 
“Yes master?” they asked.
 
“Leave us. Se we are not disturbed. Rutra, prepare some civilian clothes to be sent over to Corporal Tomic's quarters, compliments of the Commander.”
 
“Yes love,” she nodded. Turles motioned her over and she nipped him on the ear. She did the same, and they embraced before she went off with her retinue. Tomic reclined closer as he had the remaining servant women pull up the divan. Now they were within voice distance of one another.
 
“You were saying?” Turles whispered. The slaves left the two Saiyans alone in the chamber. Rutra returned momentarily to refill their goblets, and Tomic saw the insistent look in Turles dark eyes. She knew in some way she could trust him, considering how he had defended Raditz.
 
"Were they… lovers?" she whispered.
 
Turles nodded quietly. He pressed a finger to her lips, and whispered, "You'd do well to know that on my brigade there were times when males had no access to females or pleasure slaves. It was not uncommon for male Saiyans to seek the company of what was available. Especially during rut. But many males do not like to admit that they have fucked anything that was not female. Lord Zarbon chooses his pleasure slaves from male and female. Your mate happened to catch his eye, and you can guess the rest. But unfortunately despite being discreet, the others look down upon this."
 
"Raditz wasn't a slave was he?" shivered Tomic. She swigged a draught of her ylavorian, and swirled it in the carved goblet. It was decorated with carvings of the Legendary, encrusted with jewels. Seizing some sliced fruit, Commander Turles ate carefully before licking his fingers. He leaned closer so his lips were near her ear.
 
Rutra passed the silvery shimmering tray so Tomic could eat. Then she nodded to her mate, retreating to grab the next course. Tomic's eyes diverted to Turles as he further explained, "He willingly accepted lord Zarbon's offer so that his family would be spared. Rumors of Dudoria's hatred of us had come through. It was rumored Lord Zarbon hated Saiyans. But he was convinced otherwise when Raditz came to… serve him willingly for a year at his court. In exchange I received Zarbon's sister Zellbreen as a concubine. Hostage exchange is the Zelbranian way. And many of them readily are…"
 
"Bisexual," completed Tomic.
 
"You know?"
 
"It was not uncommon on earth. And it doesn't disgust me, does that surprise you?" Tomic looked up at him.
 
"You know more then we bargained for," Turles said quietly. He drained the rest of his goblet, dabbing his face with a linen cloth lying on his lap.
 
"But what is the deal with Sub commander Luki?" asked Tomic with a disgusted look on his face.
 
To this Turles laughed, shaking his head. Suppressing a snort he said, "She was once lovers with Zarbon. She hated the fact he preferred a male Saiyan over her, and rejected her favors. It would have been a chance at prestige. Since then she has had special loathing for Bardock's family.”
 
“No wonder she beat Bharbera up,” Tomic growled. Rutra refreshed her glass, before meekly sitting to one side. Turles motioned for his mate to sit on his lap, and she did so, rubbing his neck as they spoke. Occasionally she fed him pieces of game or fruit as she had seen many of the elite have their mates or pleasure slaves do.
 
It was damned distracting, Tomic mumbled. But she listened as Turles continued with a smirk, “Don't worry little one. She dare not act directly because she knows that I am watching her. And I know her petty jealousy, plus some other embarrassing things. We were in the same class at the Elite training school.”
 
"Was she a third class?" asked Tomic. “And what's with the blue hair?”
 
“All her family has that trait,” Turles sniffed.
 
“Then how does that bitch get off calling anyone an idblood?” she snorted.
 
“Blackish blue my dear,” said Turles laughing. “She'll use any excuse to piss off her soldiers. Part of the hazing rituals. All of her soldiers are female as you see.”
 
“She's still a bitch,” Tomic grumbled.
 
"You see, she resented the fact some of us had power levels high enough. I was considered Drek to her, but I bested her in Satisfaction. She's never lived that down. So if she should persist in bothering you, please let me know. And I know of the battle you fought with her student Lima."
 
"I only disintegrated her armor," said Tomic hiding her face in her hand with embarrassment. “I hardly call THAT a victory.”
 
“You stood up to her,” said Turles. “That proves you're either very brave or stupid.”
 
“I couldn't let Bharbera be hurt,” said Tomic. “I wasn't thinking… I figured if someone saw me standing up, someone ELSE might help?”
 
“True. But next time you feel like taking on a Second Class, tell me first. I can give you some important tips on how to use their power against them. But it seems from what my cadets Mandrake and Zucchini said that you caused quite a stir by using an Elite move,” Turles chuckled.
 
“Big deal. Nappa taught it to me. He didn't say I couldn't use it,” Tomic mumbled.
 
“Very true my dear. Few Third classes would attempt nor dare such a brash move, little one," said Turles quietly. "I see that perhaps with the right training you could go far."
 
"How so?" Tomic asked, licking fruit juice off her fingers.
 
"There are other routes to power. I see that Raditz has increased his battle power significantly since your mission," he said.
 
"Must have been something he ate," she said quietly. Tomic wondered at the passive nature of the young Saiyan female dressed as a lady. Rutra moved off his lap and then Turles stretched out, resting his head and shoulders on her knees. She rubbed his temples.
 
 
"Indeed. And he did not give any to you?"
 
"I had no clue he even HAD any such thing," she blinked up at him. "He gave something to Goku… Kakkarot before he left."
 
"Hmm, did he now? I see," nodded Turles thoughtfully. "And you know of what I speak?"
 
"Forbidden fruit," Tomic said soberly.
 
"The distilled life essence of an entire world, in the palm of my hand," he said softly. Tomic shivered with revulsion, feeling the heat drain from her body. She staggered, only to be caught by commander Turles arm against her hip.
 
"Which planet?" she whispered.
 
"Argils," he said. "Or was it Arlia?”
 
“Perfect," Tomic mumbled, draining the last of her drink.
"What is wrong?" Turles blinked uncomprehendingly at her.
"I want Raditz," she said, struggling to think of a reason to divert his suspicion. If he should find her ungrateful, she feared she could lose an ally. Better to stay on his good side. To refuse a Saiyan's gifts was considered treason. She had found that out the hard way when refusing Raditz wedding gifts how offended he was. Turles was a 'brother' and she dared not anger him.
His featured softened. Reassuringly he patted her hand, "You miss your mate. I will let you reunite with him. Rutra, call Private Mandrake and have him escort the Corporal to her chambers."
"Yes my love. Come this way, Corporal," Rutra motioned. Tomic rose, and leaned to kiss Turles on the cheek. He stroked her cheek and lightly nipped her ear.
"A curious custom, but one among familiarity," he nodded, leaning down to press his lips to her forehead. "Go now and entertain him. He will need your understanding little one."
"Yes," she nodded. "But my armor."
"Will be cleaned and sent back to you. You are dismissed," Turles nodded. She followed Rutra to the door, and slowly walked away with emptiness inside.