Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 43

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 43 -
 
Not before long, Minako got to Training Island. It was a very big island with a volcano with a little bit of smoke coming from the top, palm trees, a village, small cliffs on the other side of the island, and a jungle with many animals living in it.
 
The girl walked towards the village looking around for any sign of her brother. A friendly old married couple was carrying a bucket of water each by a handle stopped by Minako
 
“Are you lost, deary?” The old lady asked as she and her husband put down the heavy bucket
 
“Oh, I'm looking for my brother Gohan. He's this tall guy about this big,” Minako stood on her tip toes and extended her arm to Gohan's height, “With black spiky hair and glasses. OH! And he's always wearing a weird looking business suit… but I dunno why he would wear one to train…”
 
“I'm sorry, sweetheart, but he haven't seen anyone like that. He's not from this village is he?”
 
“No” she sighed but then smiled and bowed, “Well, thank you for helping me out anyway”
 
“It's not a problem, sorry we weren't much help” the old lady replied before she and her husband tried to pick the bucket up again.
 
“Here let me carry this for you” the 16 year-old walked over and easily picked up the bucket with one hand
 
“Oh my, thank you” the couple thanked her in a surprised voice
 
 
 
Finally they all got to the old couple's house and a man in his late 20s was working on a car across the street. Minako put the bucket on the doorstep and the couple thanked her once more, “Thank you so much, and we're truly sorry we couldn't help you find your brother”
 
“It's alright, I was glad to help” she smiled and began walking away, “Bye!”
 
The old pair walked inside the house while Minako began walking away, but a voice stopped her, “Hey you said you have a brother?”
 
She looked at the pair of legs underneath the car and gasped, “OH NO! THIS MONSTER HAS EATEN A HUMAN! I'll save you, just hold on!”
 
She pulled the man by one leg easily making the skateboard he was lying on roll away while half his body was on the ground, and the other half was in midair, “Uh… what are you doing?”
 
“I just saved you from the metal monster” she said pointing to the antique car
 
“That's a car…”
 
“No cars look different, this one was a monster” Minako said putting him down.
 
The older man stood up and patted the dirt off his overalls, “Right… anyway… you're looking for your brother?”
 
“Yes I am.”
 
“A tall guy with pointy black hair, really jacked up and flying?”
 
“Oh, yes, yes he flies. That was Gohan!”
 
“Yeah… I saw him at the top of those cliffs over there”
 
“Thank you so much, mister!” Minako said before taking off flying.
 
“Uh… you're… welcome…” the man was left standing confused
 
 
 
Gohan was levitating in mid-air as he meditated at the top of the highest cliff on the island, in his dark blue training Gi with the orange belt and orange training boots. He was clearing his mind and controlling the chi flowing throughout his body as he did after every training session.
 
Inhale…exhale…inhale…ex—
 
“Hi Gohan!”
 
Gohan's eyes snapped open and saw his sister's face three inches away and fell backwards from the surprise, “AHH!”
 
Minako's feet touched the ground and stared at the fallen man, “Are you okay?”
 
He sat up and rubbed his head, “Minako? What are you doing here?”
 
“I came here to ask you a big favor” she sat down on the ground in front of him tucking her legs underneath herself and putting her palms together in front of her face, “Please, please, please, please can you teach me some martial arts?”
 
“What!? Minako… um… I dunno…”
 
“Aw c'mon you taught Videl…”
 
“That's true, but what am I going to teach you?”
 
“I dunno! If I knew would I have came to you? Mr. Pickle told me that you'd give me some pointers…”
 
“…Mr.… Pickle?”
 
“The green guy with the big ears and the turban”
 
“…” Gohan tried to hold back his laughter, a failed attempt, “Okay fine, I'll give you some pointers. Get up.” Gohan said rising off the ground
 
“Yay, so what're we gonna do?” Minako asked eagerly as she got up as well.
 
“We're gonna spar, I want you to give me all you got” he began walking further from Minako making some distance between themselves, “That way I'll know what you have to improve on”
 
“Yay!! Okay, I hope you're ready for this!” Minako got into her stance as did Gohan
 
Gohan yelled out the count and as soon as Minako heard “GO” she race towards her brother and swung a fist right into his abdominals. However, she ended up hitting air since Gohan was a bit faster than she was. Gohan tripped the girl expecting her to fall flat on her face, but she used her hands to flip upside down and back on her feet without falling. As soon as the half-saiyen girl's feet touched the ground she kicked right at her brother's head barely skimming the tips of his hair.
 
That was so close too, she thought
 
Gohan, while ducking down away from his younger sister's kick, did a roundhouse kick across the floor flipping Minako backwards who tried her best to keep her stance instead of figuring the best way to land. In mid-air she stuck out her arm to land on, but mis-calculated and ending up crashing backwards.
 
Gohan quickly rose up and his words flew out of his mouth quickly and seriously, “You don't have enough strength to remain standing after a hit,”
 
He punched down into her stomach, but luckily she moved away just in time having Gohan's fist form a hole in the ground, “You have to be light on your feet!”
 
Minako dodged a roundhouse kick but shooting up into the air and then landing back down, “Good! Use your youthful agility to take advantage of any oncoming attacks from older opponents”
 
The 27 year-old sent another punch flying straight at his sister who managed to jump over his head and land behind him attempting to land a punch from behind. However, the experienced Gohan moved his hand behind his back and stopped her punch from behind. Turning around, he kept his hand latched onto the girl's fist slowly twisting her wrist making her yell in pain before throwing her through a nearby boulder.
 
Seconds did not get a chance to pass by before Minako flew out of the wreckage straight at Gohan. Punches were sent flying at amazing speed while the man, at an even faster speed, dodged every single one. A kick was sent to his right side but he disappeared before Minako's eyes and reappeared behind the girl. She didn't have time to react when he kicked her back and sent her flying into the ground.
 
Minako got back up, a bit slower this time, and went back at Gohan. The 16 year-old used all her strength to finally land a hit on him. It seemed like a miracle but she finally did right in his torso, but her brother simply smiled waiting for a reaction.
 
The girl fell to her knees clutching her right hand, “OW!! WHAT ARE YOU, METAL? JEEZ!!”
 
Gohan laughed and sat down in front of her, “I have to say that you're actually not bad. You get the hang of what to do; you just need to get faster”
 
Minako looked back at him, “And how is that?”
 
“I got an idea. I'm gonna look in my house for my old training things and get back to you. I'll call the house and we're gonna meet back here tomorrow, a little earlier than this though…” he looked up at the sky forming a shadow over his eyes with his hand as the sun shone on his face, “Crap, listen Minako I gotta head home. I'm think you should as well, it's almost nine o'clock”
 
“Okay” she got up and dusted herself, “Race you to mom's and dad's house!”
 
Before she even finished the sentence, the girl had already taken off leaving her unready brother behind, “HEY! Not fair!”
 
Gohan flew after Minako slowly catching up inch by inch. She saw this and began flying lower dodging trees, having experience from her and Goten's races. Gohan still kept his speed up, he smirked and flew even closer. The girl quickly rose up out of the jungle on a ninety-degree angle, leaving Gohan a few milliseconds to realize a tree was right in front of him.
 
He soon joined his sister in the sky, this time realizing he had fallen back a couple of feet. Gohan began catching up once more, keeping aware for any tactics the tricky girl may pull again. Just as he thought, as soon as they were over the ocean, she dove down flying just barely above the water's surface. Gohan's presence suddenly disappeared, Minako turned her head to look behind and saw that he was gone, Ha! Looks like I lost him
 
Before she finished that thought, something grabbed her and pulled her underwater. Gohan skillfully flew out of the water and chuckled at his sister, “You really thought you lost me?”
 
She moved the wet hair from her face, “Hey! Cheater!”
 
“All's fair in love and war, Min-min” he waved before flying off towards the direction of his old house.
 
Minako flew out of the water and with all her might tried to catch up to him. Gohan realized this and sped up as well.
 
 
 
Meanwhile Master Roshi was lying on the fold out chair outside his house enjoying the warmth of the sun against his skin as he read his `informative' magazines while chuckling to himself in delight.
 
His reading was interrupted when Gohan and Minako flew past him causing a mini hurricane to occur on the island. The palm tree bent over as the wind burst against it and the old man got through across the island into the water. Launch ran out of the house wearing oven mittens
 
“Master Roshi… are you alright? What was that burst of air?”
 
He sat up and spat out a fish that was wiggling in his mouth, “BLECH! Ugh… uh… from the looks of it, I think Minako found Gohan”
 
 
 
The two finally got to the forest Minako right at Gohan's heels. They flew around every tree in their path, Gohan creating strange paths to get Minako to hit into one of the trees. Minako finally caught up to his shoulder still going as fast as her body allowed her to. Her older brother looked over to her, Crap, she's catching up
 
“GOHAN LOOK OUT!” Minako stopped abruptly
 
Gohan turned his head forward realizing they were in the clearing and saw his mother hanging laundry and didn't have enough time to stop himself, “MOM LOOK OU—“
 
“Huh?”
 
BAM!!
 
END OF CHAPTER 43
(Oh crap Gohan… you're so dead…)