Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 44

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 44 - “I can't escape myself, so many times I've lied but there's still rage inside. Somebody get me through this nightmare, I can't control myself”—Three Days Grace
 
“Oh kami… Mom really I am so sorry—“
 
“ENOUGH Gohan” Chichi was getting more and more annoyed by every passing second as Goten bandaged his mother up.
 
No matter how strong Chichi is, her human body is still fragile compared to a saiyen's. Gohan's impact resulted in his mother having a broken arm and a scrape on her head. Moreover, for the last twenty minutes, the 27 year-old had been apologizing to his mother over and over.
 
“Jeez Gohan… how fast were you going anyway?” Goten asked cutting off the bandage around her mother's arm.
 
Gohan winced at the memory causing another apology to escape his lips, “I am SO s—“
 
Chichi grabbed Gohan's collar with her good hand and brought him down to her level, “Gohan… I will not hesitate to break your arm if you continue to apologize”
 
Luckily the phone rang and Gohan, being closest to it, picked it up, “Hello? Oh hi honey… no, no it's just my mom…” he looked back at Chichi hesitantly, “I'll tell you about it later… yeah, don't worry I'm heading home… Okay, love you too” he hung up the phone and sighed, “I have to head home, but again, I am so sorry”
 
“Okay that's it!” Chichi got up off the chair making her hands into fists, “GET BACK HERE GOHAN!”
 
“Mom, sit down! I'm not done yet!”
 
As Gohan left, Goku returned home a couple of seconds afterwards scratching his head and looked back at the door, “Hey, everyone I just saw Gohan run out of house scared… he didn't even notice me saying hi.” Goku turned his head to everyone and saw his injured wife, “Chichi! What happened to you!?”
 
“Just a little accident with Gohan…” she said calmly sitting back down in her chair
 
“Doesn't look like a little accident” Goku said inspecting his wife from head to toe
 
Minako, who was sitting on the floor the whole time, looked up at her father, “Gohan and I were racing back to the house and he looked back while flying… and mom was in front of him, and yeah… he didn't have time to stop”
 
“Ouch… I always told him to look forward” Goku shaking his head
 
Chichi sighed and got up as Goten finally finished, “Okay well, Goku I need you to cook the food today”
 
Goku raised an eyebrow, “Cook?”
 
“Yes, Goku, cook
 
“… mom… is that a wise decision?” Goten added
 
“I have one arm, Goten! How am I going to cook!?”
 
Minako stared at her brother, “What's wrong with dad cooking?”
 
Goten shook his head, “You're lucky to have not experienced dad's cooking… if you can even call that cooking…” he shuddered at the thought
 
Minako look back at her father, “Yeah c'mon Chichi, your heard Goten, last time I set the fire extinguisher on fire!”
 
“…” Chichi twitched at the memory, “Well this time I will be right here, coaching you every step of the way. You can't get out of this Goku.”
 
Goten grabbed his cell phone and stuffed it inside his pant pocket before grabbing Minako's arm and pulling her off the floor, “Bye mom, call us if the house is on fire!”
 
“Goten! Mina—“
 
SLAM
 
 
 
The two kids began flying over the trees, Goten leading the way, “Hey… where are we going?”
 
“Trunks's house for a decent meal” he rolled his eyes, Minako stopped and he did as well, “What's wrong?”
 
“I'm kind of not allowed to come over, for the last month or so” the girl said still unsure of the reason
 
Goten laughed, “Don't worry about it; I'm sure Bulma won't mind if we tell her what happened.”
 
“Okay…”
 
“Hey guys!” Trunks appeared flying towards them and waving, “What's up?” he asked after stopping
 
“Nothing, we were actually gonna go to your house”
 
Trunks stared at Goten and then at Minako and back at his best friend, “You guys can't go there”
 
“C'moooon Trunks… What's so horrible that Minako's not allow to come over?” Goten's eyes widened and flew over to Trunks's right ride before asking in a low voice, “You haven't become a magazine addict, have you? And I think you know what magazine I mean—OW”
 
Trunks's lips twitched in angrer as he jabbed his perverted friend in the rib, “NO, it's just its best if we don't go there at this moment” Or anytime for that matter
 
“Yeah c'mon Trunks, I haven't trained with you in a month!” Minako protested
 
“Well… shouldn't you be with Kasumi anyway?” he asked Goten
 
“No, she's got plans. Don't change the subject, we're going and that's final!” Goten took off towards the city pulling Minako along
 
“Dammit! Get back here!!” Trunks charged up and quickly flew in front of the two, “No”
 
“C'mon man, we got no food in the house and I'm starving”
 
“Too bad, why can't you ask Chichi?”
 
“She broke her arm after Gohan collided into her” Minako added
 
“Ouch… how'd that happen?”
 
“He was racing Min and didn't see her, listen, so will you let us go get some food? How cruel can you get?”
 
“… Fine… but quickly
 
“Jeez, Trunks…” Goten said rolling his eyes following his hesitant friend.
 
 
 
They all got to the house and Trunks wouldn't relax until they got to the empty kitchen causing him to sigh in relief.
 
“Okay, so what do you guys what?”
 
Goten shrugged, “Anything really, I'm just starving”
 
“I'm fine, I had a big breakfast” Minako said with a smile
 
Her brother raised an eyebrow, “And where exactly?”
 
“At Master Roshi's house”
 
Trunks's eyes widened, “What?!”
 
“Yeah he's really nice and so is Launch”
 
“…you must have caught them on a good day…” Trunks mumbled as he pressed a button and a hole appeared in the counter. He took out a couple of little different colored balls before putting them inside a strange black box looking thing and pressing a couple of buttons.
 
“Oh so is that where you were this morning?” Goten asked his sister as he sat down at the fancy looking table.
 
“I stopped by there because I forgot to eat at home and they were nice enough feed me breakfast. It was fun!” she smiled and then tapped her chin thinking, “Although it was weird when Launch turned into a strange blonde lady with a weird looking thing in her hands… it fired little black marbles at Master Roshi really loudly…”
 
“…” The two boys stared at the girl, “She sneezed didn't she?”
 
“Yes! How'd you know?”
 
“Just a guess” Trunks said taking out a plate from the black box now holding a tower of pancakes. He set it on the table, “Here”
 
“Whoa, how'd you do that?!” Minako asked staring at the freshly made pancakes that her brother was consuming happily
 
“Just a cooking thing my mom made, choose a couple of food capsules, put it in that thing over there,” he pointed to the black box in between the hanging cabinets, “And ta da, you got some fresh food… pancakes, omelets, mashed potatoes, steak, anything really… She made it `cause she hates cooking.” He rolled his eyes remembering his mother's failed attempts at cooking.
 
Goten quickly finished the food and burped rudely, “I gotta say, I'd rather eat this than your mom's cooking any day”
 
“I'm glad you dislike my cooking so much Goten” Bulma's voice came from behind the boy who was sitting with his back facing the door.
 
His shoulders hunched over slightly from the unexpected voice but then turned around chuckling nervously, “No, no, it's just I meant uh… your invention was clearly the work of a genius and could easily surpass any master chef any day.”
 
“Smooth, I must say” the woman said walking over to an empty chair setting her bag down, “Long time no see, why haven't you guys been over for the last few weeks?”
 
“Trunks said we—“Minako was cut off by Trunks
 
“—couldn't come over because of all his school work” Trunks said trying to act like a responsible teenager
 
“Oh I see, well good to see you kids again. Oh and Trunks, if you want, show them the new Gravity Room downstairs” she said with a smile before sneaking away upstairs to change
 
Trunks slammed his head on the table, I'm gonna kill you, mom… and why would he say that? Because:
 
“OH!! Trunks, Trunks, can wee see the new GR? Can we?? Wait what happened to the old one?”
 
“It broke” the boy said unenthusiastically as the girl tugged on his sleeve eagerly
 
“How does a Gravity Room break?” Goten asked, still uniformed about the night Minako had the transformation
 
“It just broke, okay?” Trunks said with an annoyed voice, “Now can we drop it?”
 
“… Dude what got your panties in a knot?”
 
“I do not have my panties in a knot. I just don't wanna go to the GR right now” Trunks said in less irritated voice.
 
“Okay…” Minako said in a sad voice, “I'm sorry…”
 
Trunks suddenly realized what he said, “No! No! Don't be sorry! I'm sorry, okay, don't worry we can go to see the GR, I'm sorry.”
 
Minako raised an eyebrow but then smiled, “Okay!”
 
“Smooth… completely unobvious” Goten smirked at his friend
 
Trunks stared at his friend with an annoyed look but then got up and led the way downstairs to the newly build gravity room.
 
 
 
“Here we are” Trunks said after turning on the lights in the hallway of a giant underground room. The hallway was black and it was separated by a wall similar to the space ship's from before, only much thicker and stronger. A pocket door opened to a pale room with a slight green tint and shut behind the three kids as soon as everyone was inside.
 
“So, what do you think?”
 
“I think this rocks!” Goten said, “But seriously… what happened to the space ship?”
 
“… Anyway…” Trunks continued ignoring the question but was interrupted by Minako
 
“Do you have that virtual game we played before?” Minako asked practically jumping up and down from excitement
 
“Yeah, my mom installed the same type of computer right over there” he pointed his thumb over at the giant computer and monitor over it behind himself.
 
“Um… can we…”
 
“Play? Sure, you up for a fighting game Goten?”
 
“Defiantly!” Goten ran over and pressed lots of buttons causing the main menu to appear on the screen
 
“…You've been over here too many times…” Trunks said to his too knowledgable friend
 
“Level 1” the familiar computer voice from last time said as the room darkened to a red color
 
“Nah man, go to like level 20” Trunks called over to his friend
 
“Okay, one sec” the easy enemies disappeared quickly and then Goten walked over to the other two, “Done”
 
“Level 20” the feminine computer said once more as fifty different criminals appeared surrounding the three teenagers “FIGHT!”
 
Everyone was fighting their own enemy, trying not to lose any life points. It was harder than from what Minako has imagined, but just as fun. The first three enemies got beaten with ease, surprising Trunks who watched her fight from the corner of his eye.
 
TRUNKS: 4 GOTEN: 3 MINAKO: 3
 
Goten launched a ki blast from each hand causing two of the thugs to fall backwards giving him some time to beat up one right in front of him, and then go on to them as they got back up.
 
Meanwhile, Trunks kicked one in the neck causing him to crash on the floor and dissipate. However, one snuck up on Trunks and wrapped his arms around Trunks's arms as he twisted them behind the teenagers back making the boy defenseless as two more punched the half-saiyen in the stomach repeatedly.
 
Minako drop-kicked a burglar before punching him in the face causing him to disappear and then saw what was happening to her friend, “Tru—“
 
Before she got a chance to move or even finish her word the boy lifted his feet off the ground before stomping them back down after gaining momentum and threw the thug on his back into the two in front of him. As the three lay on the floor trying to get back up he finished them off with a ki blast. He turned around ready for more.
 
TRUNKS: 7 GOTEN: 6 MINAKO: 4
 
Falling behind… not good. Minako thought to herself as she turned to a group in front of her. She punched one in the face causing him to fall backwards onto another one, but not beaten yet. A man with a baseball bat swung at Minako's legs who then flipped over the virtual man who ended up hitting his fellow thug instead. The two that had fallen before got back up and lunged for Minako. She wanted to show off and attempted to launch a ki blast at them. But, because she hadn't practiced them, nothing happened. One ended up punching Minako in the face and the other punched her in the stomach.
 
Falling backwards she hit into Goten who was just about to finish his 9th enemy. Four thugs surrounded the siblings. Goten didn't have time to ask if his sister was okay and quickly sent a kick into one of the virtual thug's side making him fly into another one and crash into a wall before dissipating.
 
He turned around to finish the other two, but saw his sister quickly got rid of them, not falling behind anymore
 
TRUNKS: 10 GOTEN: 11 MINAKO: 7
 
The 16 year-old girl rammed the nearest foe into a wall with her shoulder making him quickly disappear. As Trunks was about to hit a thug, she quickly jumped in and kicked the thugs away making him slid across the floor and disappear.
 
TRUNKS: 11 GOTEN: 11 MINAKO: 9
 
Before Trunks could even say anything Minako was off fighting another man and quickly overcoming him. He had to focus again, because two more thugs ran over and tried to tackle Trunks. He jumped up in the air and they ended up tackling into a wall. He kicked them as he fell back down to the ground making them both disappear.
 
Goten, on the other hand, did get tackled by the two nearest thugs. Minako, however, quickly disposed of them in an attempt to gain the lead leaving her angry brother behind as she ran for yet another foe dammit Minako… could've had them…
 
TRUNKS: 13 GOTEN: 11 MINAKO: 12
 
Minako continued to strive for the lead trying to attack any enemy in her way, even if her comrades were fighting them first. Her saiyen blood was taking over, and the urge to fight completely clouded the thoughts in her head.
 
After a few minutes the final foe was defeated and the results were:
 
TRUNKS: 16 GOTEN: 15 MINAKO: 29
 
Minako panted with her hands still balled up into fists as she stared at the scoreboard. Goten walked over angrily to his sister
 
“What the hell was that Minako!? You were a complete lunatic!”
 
“What are you talking about!? You're just jealous `cause I finally got the highest score!!” Minako yelled back, she didn't sound like herself
 
“Minako… seriously… are you okay?” Trunks said in a concerned voice
 
“Why wouldn't I be!? Are you also made because I stole your kills?? Well boo hoo, if you spent less time of your ass and more time on your feet, you could have passed me!!”
 
“What is your problem!!!???” Goten yelled.
 
“MY PROBLEM? WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!?” she yelled back
 
Trunks grabbed Minako's shoulder and made her face him. Her eyes were those of blood-thirsty saiyen eyes that reminded him too much of his father. She was about to yell but then stopped after look at Trunks's serious face, “Calm down…”
 
She lowered her hands and unclenched her fists, “…”
 
“Are you okay now?” Trunks asked in a friendly but concerned voice
 
“Yeah… I'm sorry…”
 
“It's okay… let's head back upstairs” the boy said as the embarrassed Minako and her still angry brother followed him.
 
A door opened on the other side of the hallway that lead to a viewing room of the Gravity Room and Vegeta walked out, she's got potential…but she can't know about it…
 
He slammed his fist into the wall near to him creating a loud band, DAMMIT
 
 
END OF CHAPTER 44
(Phew *wipes forehead*… that was a long one)