Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Show ❯ Leave me alone!!! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Jadedbest: *looks at Goku* Do I own you?

Goku: *scratches head* I don't think so.

Both: *they look at readers and shrug*

AN: Man! Talk about taking a long time to update!! I actually had this one all ready to go, I just never updated for some reason. Go figure. I won't blame this one on Kahlan. I'll dedicate it to her instead and as always special thanks to Susan. You're the best! Oh, and I know I said that the Great Shopping Adventure was next but I'm really blocked on that story. You know how it is. You know where you want the story to go but the words just won't come to you. Anyway, here's The Show in the meantime.

* * *

"5, 6, 7, 8"

Michael twirled Mona out and pulled her back in, dropping her into a low dip.

"You have some nice moves," Mona said looking up into his handsome face.

"I'm glad you noticed," he smiled back.

"I think that's enough practice for today, don't you?" she asked.

He nodded and lifted her up, sitting her firmly on her feet, but she didn't unwrap her arms from his neck. He wrapped his around her waist.

"So what do you have up for later?" she asked looking up at him.

"Autograph signing."

"Want to meet me for lunch afterwards?"

"Sure," he said leaning in to kiss her softly. He then let her go and walked across the stage to retrieve his workout bag. He got all the way down the stairs before he remembered something.

"Where do you want to meet?"

Mona smiled and walked over to the edge of the stage. "I thought you'd never ask. Why don't me meet back at Sunset (an: that's the name of Mona and Michael's wing of the house) and I'll make us something."

"All right. See you about one," he said then turned and left the auditorium.

Mona smiled as she watched him go. God, how she loved that man.

She turned to retrieve her bag when an odd feeling came over her. It felt like her but only a part of her. She stood and turned just in time to see a shadow pass across the door.

Vegeta, was her first thought. Was this what they meant by sensing someone's ki?

"This is so cool," she murmured as she closed her eyes and dematerialized.

* * *

Vegeta walked unseeingly. It had finally happened. He couldn't say he was surprised. All good things in his life always fell apart. It was only natural that his family would too.

As he continued his train of thought he never saw the woman that appeared in his path until he almost ran into her.

He stopped and frowned at the figure.

"Hi" she said.

His frown deepened and he walked around her and continued his walk. He startled to find her in front of him seconds later.

"I said `hi'," she said.

"Look witch, I'm not in a playful mood right now. Go have your fun elsewhere," he growled as he once again walked around her only to find her in front of him again. He growled low in his throat.

"Wow! You really growl and everything," Mona said as she made a circle around him, giving him a thorough inspection.

"Get away from me," he said through clenched teeth when she was standing in front of him again.

Mona frowned. "You know you're really grumpy. Can't you be a little nice?"

"You must be a horrible actress if you know so little about your characters," he stated.

Mona walked up on him and narrowed her eyes. "I'll have you know that I'm best damn actress you'll ever meet."

"Why don't you go and sing a song or something," Vegeta said with disgust.

"You're a real jerk," she said.

"Obviously you don't know who you're talking to," Vegeta growled.

"Oh I know who I'm talking to all right. I'm talking to a little midget prince cartoon character with a nasty attitude that's trying to pretend that he's real," she said smoothly never raising her voice once.

Vegeta stared at Mona, Mona stared at Vegeta.

Suddenly he was gone.

She looked around in surprise and then smiled. Oh two could play this game, she thought as she locked on that strange feeling known as ki and disappeared.

Vegeta had never felt so angry in all his life. Everywhere he went she was in front of him. They continued this little chase until Vegeta stopped and roared in aggravation.

"What do you want?????"

"I want to talk to you. I can tell you're especially agitated for some reason and I'm just noisy enough to want to know why," she answered unwavering under his anger gaze.

"And why would I tell you anything?" he asked crossing his arms.

"Because if you don't I'll just read your mind and find out, but I really don't think I should start our friendship off by invading your privacy, do you?" she asked.

"Friendship?" he asked arching a brow.

"Yes friendship. It's only natural that we would become friends," she stated.

If he'd been in an amused mood he would have laughed at that. "Whatever," he said as he walked around her again. Mona turned and crossed her arms.

"Are we going to start this again?"

Vegeta continued to walk.

Mona sighed. "Fine," she said as she appeared in front of him. She placed a hand on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Within seconds Vegeta found himself inside a small white room.

"Where have you taken me witch?!" he demanded.

"Somewhere where you will feel more comfortable talking," she answered.

"Damn it! I want you to get me out of here now and leave me the hell alone!!!"

Mona just smiled. "Get yourself out."

Vegeta growled dangerously then turned to look for an exit. The room was completely empty save for a white leather couch that practically blended into the wall it sat against. There were no doors, no windows, no exit.

That's what she thinks, he thought as he raised his hand to one wall. Creating a ki blast large enough to disintegrate the wall, he fired. He barely had time to duck when the blast hit the wall and came flying back at his head.

He turned, sure that he would see the ashes of his only way out of this room. He was stunned beyond belief at what he saw.

The witch had stopped the blast by simply holding out her right hand. She turned her palm up letting the blast hover just above her hand. She studied the energy for a moment then began running her left hand through it. After playing with it for a few seconds, she raised her left hand over the ball and water began to run from her fingers completely dissolving the fiery blast. "Cool," she murmured before she looked back up into his startled eyes and smiled.

"How did you- I mean what- I don't understand. You should be dead. How could you survive a blast like that?" he stuttered.

"Magic," she answered slyly.

Vegeta narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms. "So you know how to manipulate ki. No big deal. Don't think you've impressed me."

"Who me? Impress you? Never!" Mona said dramatically as she walked over to the sofa and sat crossing one leg over the other. "So what's your problem?"

"You can't force me to talk to you."

"Well I guess we can just sit here until you do."

"Then we'll be waiting a long time."

"Well that's okay, because I have all the time in the world."

Vegeta grunted and walked over to a corner of the room and sat cross-legged, closing his eyes in meditation.

Mona sighed and snapped her fingers creating a small glass of lemonade in her hand. She sipped her drink and relaxed against the couch. If he was anywhere near as stubborn as she was then she could be in for a long wait.

* * *

Who will win the little standoff? Vegeta and Mona? Only I know and I'm not telling. At least not yet. Don't forget to review. Thanks for reading.