Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Show ❯ A New Power ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Nope wasn't me.

AN: Looks like I didn't quite make my weekend deadline. Oh well, here's the next chapter.

* * *

Her fingers sped across the keys as she typed out the seductive words of the juicy lemon she was work on. Since the start of their little standoff, Mona had found herself quickly bored by Vegeta's stoic silence as he ignored her feeble attempts at conversation. Having nothing better to do she waved her hand over her lap making a small notebook laptop appear before her. She had been trying to update this story for a week and now seemed just as good a time as any, especially since her muse was sitting in the corner across from her.

She glanced at the computer clock as she and bit her lip. 12:45. Damn! She was going to miss lunch. She glanced at her brooding cell mate and wondered if he would break in the next fifteen minutes. Not likely. Sighing she closed her eyes and reached out her psyche to the first person she found in the build.

~What is it, Mona?~ Jasmine asked a little frustrated that the book she was reading was being interrupted.

~Jas, will you please go to Sunset and tell Michael that I'm going to have to miss lunch? A problem has developed and I'm not sure when I'll be finished.~

~Sure Mo, but you are all okay, right?~

~Yeah I'm fine. See you later kid.~

Breaking the connection, Mona turned back to her screen. After some quick proofreading she started typing again. She couldn't believe she was missing a free afternoon of sex to help someone that wouldn't even talk to her. Her heart was too big for her own good. Sighing deeply she continued to type. At this rate she might be able to post before she got out of here.

Vegeta opened one eye and frowned. The sound of her fingers flying across the keys was extremely nerve racking. She had been at it for hours. What exactly was she doing?

"What are you doing witch?" Vegeta growled out.

Surprised by the sound of his voice, Mona looked up. "Writing a fanfic," she answered. At his deepened frown she tried to explain. "It stands for fanatic fiction. It's where people write stories about their favorite mediums, such as anime. I personally write stories about you, Bulma, Trunks, and Bra. I even wrote one about 18. I think I'll write one about Gohan and Videl next," she said conversationally.

Vegeta averted his eyes and looked at the wall across from him.

Mona turned the screen in his direction. "Are you sure you don't want to read any? There are some really deep ones in here about you and Bulma. As a matter a fact you guys are peoples favorite couple to write and read about."

Vegeta crossed his arms and looked down at the ground.

Mona took a light tone. "You know you could get me a lot of reviews. I mean you could tell me how you and Bulma really got together or you could tell me some humorous stories about Trunks…"

She stopped when his eyes suddenly looked up and captured hers. The intensity in his gaze made her bite her lip. Maybe it hadn't been a good idea to trap him in here? No! She was right! He had needed someone to talk to and she'd be damned if she would let him intimidate her out of trying to help. After studying his eyes she came to her own conclusions.

"Is it Trunks?" she asked sitting her laptop aside.

Vegeta stood and frowned. "I thought you weren't going read my mind."

"I didn't have to. It's in your eyes," Mona commented also standing.

"I'm not discussing this with you," Vegeta said turning his back to her.

"Why not?" she asked sounding hurt.

Vegeta ignored her.

Anger over came her as she marched over to him. Grabbing his arm she turned him so he was looking at her. "Why are you being so stubborn? I just want to help."

"Get your hands off of me," Vegeta growledtying to shrug her off.

"Let me help," she coxed not moving her hand an inch.

Vegeta growled in anger and grabbed her slender neck, slamming her against the wall. "I told you not to touch me."

"I suggest you let me go, Vegeta, before I have to hurt you," she choked out.

Vegeta's mouth twisted in disgust. How dare she threaten him! He tightened his hold on her throat. He had needed something to relieve his stress. "And exactly how do you intend to do that?"

Mona tried to keep her temper in check, but he was a lot stronger than she had originally thought. His grip on her throat was starting to make her see stars. Using the last of her energy Mona lifted her hands on both sides of his temples and released an energy blast that sent the surprised Saiyan falling across the room. Mona slid down the wall and tried to control her ragged breathing. Vegeta slowly sat up trying to come to terms with what had just happened. The energy she had released was astonishing yet his kin sense of energy perception told him that the greatest of her power was yet to be seen.

"You bastard! How dare you grab me like that!" Mona growled once she had recovered her voice.

"How did you do that?" Vegeta asked wanting to get to the bottom of this.

"None of your damn business," Mona said still angry that he had tried to strangle her. "After all you won't talk to me. Why should I tell you anything?"

Vegeta sighed. "Fine. If I tell you what you want to know will you give me the answers I want."

Mona thought for a moment. True she was still highly pissed off, but she was willing to bargain. "All right then."

* * *

"And how many of these episode did Trunks see?"

"Uh…" Goten thought scratching his head. "Well we got to the episode where your plane almost crash and Trunks -the big Trunks I mean- had to save you because Vegeta wouldn't."

Bulma bite her lip. She hadn't been at every battle to know what exactly had happened but she did know that Vegeta had done and said some horrible things in his day. She just hoped that the videos omitted some of Vegeta's more…inglorious moments. She and Goten had been sitting on the floor outside the screening room for almost an hour now.

"Bulma?"

"Yes Goten?"

"Do you think Trunks is okay?"

Bulma sighed and looked down at the child. "I'm sure he'll be just fine."

"Who'll be just fine?"

Bulma and Goten looked up to see Trunks and the woman that they recognized as Daisy walking up. Bulma immediately stood and walked over to her son. Kneeling in front of him she looked over his once tear stained face.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" she asked.

"Yeah."

Bulma's eyes flicked up to the woman who had discreetly taken a step back from the scene. She smiled her thanks. She wasn't sure what the red head had done but it had obviously worked. Daisy simply nodded her head.

Trunks bit his lip. "Where's dad?" he asked.

Bulma wanted to hug the boy in elation for asking for his father, but then she looked into his eyes. It was obvious that he still wasn't quite sure how he felt about Vegeta, but at least he was trying to give the man a shot.

"I'm not sure," Bulma said lightly stroking his head.

"It's just as well," Trunks said. "I wasn't really ready to apologize yet anyway."

"Apologize?" Bulma said in surprise.

"Yeah. The things that he did were wrong and I still haven't forgiven him for not telling me the truth about himself, but that didn't give me the right to say the things I said."

Bulma sighed in relief. Maybe things would be all right after all. "Trunks, you do know that your father would never, ever do anything to hurts us, right?"

Trunks thought a moment then sighed as if the whole world was bearing down on his shoulders. "Yeah, I know that. I always did. I was just upset. That's why I want to apologize."

Bulma smiled down at her son. He was growing up too fast. She was so proud of him.

Daisy in the meantime had reached out with her mind in search of Vegeta. When she had run into the scene in Mona's isolation room, she realized it would be best if she found something to occupy Bulma and the boys while Vegeta went through his unique therapy session.

"Bulma what do you say we get these little guys a snack while we wait for Vegeta? I'm sure they're starved."

"Okay," Bulma said as she stood. Daisy then led the three to the nearest kitchen.

* * *

Don't forget to review. Thanks for reading.