Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Things Aren't Always What They Appear To Be ❯ TheInvitation ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Things Aren't Always What They Appear To Be

Chapter 3 The Invitation

*Diiing Dooong.*

"Yes who is it?" Bulma asked before opening the door.

"It's me Leasha."

"Oh hey Leash sweetie how are you this morning?" Bulma said as she opened the door.

        "Good. I have something to give you." Leash said as she walked in.

        "You do? What is it?"

"Here. I didn't read it I swear. It's from Veggie-chan. I don't ask I just do." Then Leash handed Bulma the letter. Bulma looked at it curiously but took it and read it any way.

Dear Bulma Briefs,
        I hear you are the new president of my science division. I would like to meet and have dinner with you tomorrow evening. It will be in my quarters at 7:00 sharp. I will send a guard to escort you there. Myson, Prince Vegeta, will be joining us as well.
        Sincere ly,
        King Vegeta

"So what's it say?! What's it say?! What's it say?!" Leash asked excitedly jumping up and down.

"It says King Vegeta wants to have dinner with me tomorrow."

"Uh huh Veggie-chan gave that to me yesterday. It's tonight."

"Veggie-chan?" Bulma asked with a giggle.

"Yup, I call Prince Vegeta that. Oh but don't tell any one. He would get really mad at me and you."

"Ok. But that means . . . Oh dear what am I going to wear?!"

"Don't worry, Steffany, Sabrina, Wendy, and I can help."

"Who are . . . ?"

"Don't worry about that now. We got to get you to work." Then Leash pushed Bulma out the door and showed her to her work.

        *~*~*< font color="black">

It was 10 to 7. Bulma now knew that Sabrina is Leasha's older sister, Steffany her much older cousin, and Wendy her ditsy cousin about the same age as her. Bulma was wearing a long, tight, black dress with spaghetti straps. She was just putting on some finishing touches when the door bell rang.

That must be the guard. Bulma thought. She walked to the door and opened it. When Bulma saw who it was she was dumbfounded. She just stood there and stared at the person in front of her.

"What do I have something on my face?" The man asked touching his face to see what it was Bulma was staring at.

"GOKU! OH MY GOSH! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"

"I am not this Goku you are talking about. My name is Bardock. We better get going. You don't want to be late and get King Vegeta mad."

"Um ok." Bardock then offered his arm and Bulma took it. As they walked they talked. As Bulma suspected Goku was Bardock's youngest son.

"Well her it is. I'll come and escort you back if you wish. Ok?"

"Ok, thank you." Bardock turned and left. Well here it goes.

        *~*~*< font color="black">

"Hey Yamcha are you ok?" Krillin asked his room mate out of concern.

Yeah it's just I miss Bulma. I hope she's all right." Yamcha answered his friend.

"Don't worry. She's a strong girl. I'm sure she is."

"Yeah and also knowing her big mouth . . ."

"Yeah I see what you mean. Hey there's a way to find out where she is."

"Really?!"

"Yup and tomorrow straight after training we'll go."