Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Two Kinds of Trouble ❯ The Battle Continues; Surprise I’m Home! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Kinds of Trouble

        Chapter 6. The Battle Continues; Surprise I'm Home!

        “I can't take it anymore! I have to go save Steffany!” Jake said through his tears.

        “Jake, honey, I'm sorry. The only thing we can do now is hope and pray she'll be alright.” Rebecca, his wife said.

        “But, Becca, our little girl! My Butterfly . . .”

        “I know . . .” Becca trailed off and began crying herself.

        ###

        By now Steffany ran and hid in a small group of trees. Right now it seemed to her, and the others, that they were winning. But the Latifundia had other ideas. It attacked again, getting very annoyed with the energy blasts that Goten kept shooting at him. He flung his big, spiked tail straight at Goten.

        “Goten! Look out!” Trunks shouted but it was too late. The hideous, green monster already hit Goten and was now unconscious on the ground next to Gohan.

        ###

        “Thanks girls. I'll see you later.” Bulma said as she got her suit case out of the car.

        “Bye Bulma!” Chi chi called as she and Videl sped away in the direction of their homes.

        “Mmm it seems quiet . . . too quiet.” Bulma said to herself as she opened the door and walked in.

        Rasha, the St. Bernard, looked up from the couch and said. (A/N:She was given to Trunks by Steffany, a witch. So she's “cursed” to talk) “Hello Bulma, you're a day early. Bra, your mom's home!”

        “MOMMY! ” Bra shouted and ran to her mother. She picked Bra up and gave her a hug and a kiss.

        “Where' s your dad and brother?” Bulma question as she put her daughter down.

        “I donno.” Bra shrugged. “I was watching TV and the next thing I know they were gone. But don't worry! Rasha and Precious took good care of me.” Bra said as she began to pet her white and red patched kitten who came over at the mention of her name.

        “I wonder where they went and in such a hurry as to leave you here all alone?!” Bulma said looking at her six year old daughter.

        “She wasn't alone!” Rasha corrected.

        “Oh, yes of course, sorry Rasha.” Bulma said and rolled her eyes. How did she get stuck with a talking dog? I have seen weirder things . . .

        “I know where they are Bulma.” Rasha said and began telling the story of the two small children and the Latifundia.

        ###

        “NO! Damnit!” Trunks shouted as he saw Goten's yellow super saiyan hair turn black again. Trunks was extremely pissed, Vegeta had never seen his son look so furious.

        Steffany was watching from a distance and knew Trunks was going to do something stupid. Trunks powered up and flew toward the Latifundia. The creature opened his mouth and just as another fireball was going to hit him, Stef jumped in front and took the full hit of the blast. When the dust cleared she was sprawled out on the ground. Trunks ran to her and gently picked up her head and looked into her dark blue eyes that were slowly closing . . . and maybe forever.

        “Stefy are you ok?! Why the hell did you do that Stefy?!” Trunks said yelling. He tried not to but he guessed it just ran in the family.

        “Becaus e Trunks . . . “Stef began and then went into a coughing fit. “Because Trunks, I didn't want to lose you. I . . . I love you.” Steffany said in a whisper and then closed her eyes.

        Trunks put her down and began to cry. “You will pay for what you have done to my friends!!!!” Trunks screamed at the monster.

        “Trunks stop!” Vegeta ordered as he saw his 14 year old son going towards the monster again. “I have a better idea.” Trunks stop as his father reluctantly pulled out the small white ball known as a Miracle Ball.