Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Shopping Adventure ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: No it wasn't me. But thanks for asking.

AN: Wow! I am on a comedic roll this week! Well, at least I think so. Anyway special thanks to Susan, Kahlan Nightwing, Kandy, angelryodo, Psyfire, Mans, Greybus, Vampiric_Angel (Hey Kid, I can't seem to access your stories for some reason. Will you e-mail them to me?), Papa Bear, Oroborus, Eilleen, and masamune. Enjoy.

* * *

"I still say you didn't have to hit him, Vegeta," Goku complained.

"And I still say you're idiot Kakarot," Vegeta said as he continued down the aisle.

Goku sighed and continued to follow his grumpy companion. Suddenly Vegeta stopped and Goku looked up at the sign.

"Aisle seven," he read out loud. "Well this is where the guy said they should be," he said.

Vegeta frowned. "Wait a minute Kakarot. I thought you couldn't read."

Goku frowned and scratched his head. "That seems to be a common misconception."

Vegeta just shook his head and started walking down the aisle.

They looked at all the different varieties of cookies. Finally in the last section at the end of the aisle they spotted a white bag with the picture of a young girl on front and the words Belle's Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies scrawled across the top.

With a grunt of satisfaction, Vegeta bent over to grab the last bag, only to have a slim feminine hand grabbed the bag from the other side.

"Hey! I saw them first!" the pretty redhead cried.

"I don't give a damn if you say them first. They're mine," Vegeta growled narrowing his eyes.

The woman didn't back down the slightest bit. "Look don't try to intimidate me, Shorty! You'd better get your hand off that bag before I make you sorry!"

Goku, seeing the way that Vegeta's jaw had begun to twitch, decided to intervene. Swiftly stepping between Vegeta and his future victim, Goku gave the woman his best smile.

"Look ma'am, I know you really want these cookies but they're for a very sweet little girl and if we don't get them for her she'll be very unhappy. So could you please let us have this last bag."

To say that the woman's demeanor had changed was a major understatement. Her eyes had stopped flashing in anger and instead the challenging frown, her face was set in a sweet and alluring smile.

"Well," she started, "if they're for a sweet little girl, I'm sure I can do without them this week."

Goku smiled sweetly as she handed the bag over to him. "Thank you very much ma'am."

"Amber. Please call me Amber," she said.

"Well, Amber, I thank you."

"Kakarot let's go," Vegeta growled. The woman's display was becoming sickening.

"Oh," Amber said as if something had just dawned on her. "Uh…are you two -um- together?"

Goku glanced behind him. "Who? Me and Vegeta? Yeah I guess you could say that."

"Oh," Amber said disappointed. "Are you serious?"

"Well I'm usually not but Vegeta is," Goku said offhandedly.

"Kakarot I said let's go!"

"Well gotta go. We have to go find the boys. See ya around. Oh, and thanks again for the cookies," Goku said as he waved goodbye and walked away.

"The boys?" she muttered still dazed. "Damn! Why are the good ones always gay?" she asked no one in particular once she had recovered her senses.

* * *

Vegeta and Goku reached the lines and Goku smiled. There was barely anyone in line. Two of the lanes were completely empty as a matter of fact.

"See Vegeta things aren't all that bad. We'll be in and out of line in no time," Goku said.

Vegeta grunted. At least one thing had gone right today.

At that moment Trunks and Goten came walking around the corner.

"What have you two been doing?" Goku asked.

"Nothing," they both said quickly. A little too quickly.

Vegeta and Goku narrowed their eyes at their sons. When neither boy confessed they figured that as long they hadn't gotten arrested that it didn't really matter.

They returned their attention to the lines and both of their jaws dropped. Every lane was full! How could that have happened? They had only turned around for a spilt second.

"Well I guess will just have to wait," Goku sighed after a moment. He prayed that Vegeta wouldn't explode.

"The hell I am!" Vegeta said.

Well looked like that prayer wouldn't be answered.

Vegeta began pushing his way to the front of one the lanes, tossing baskets, men, woman and children as he went along. Goku shook his head. ChiChi was really going to let him have it when this got back to her.

Vegeta sat the bag of cookies on the conveyer belt once he had reached the front of the line and looked at the cashier expectantly.

The cashier looked at the people that Vegeta had knocked to the ground in order to reach the front of the line and shook his head.

"I'm sorry sir but you have to wait your turn."

Vegeta grabbed the cashier's shirt and pulled him until he was inches from his face.

"Ring. Up. The. Cookies. Now."

The boy had never seen anything like what he saw in the man's eyes. Complete and total madness.

The boy nodded his head in agreement. After Vegeta let go of his shirt, the young man quickly sacked up the bag and handed it to Vegeta. When Vegeta raised a questioning brow, the boy pasted a shaky smile on his face.

"Don't worry about it sir. They're on the house for any trouble we may have caused you."

Vegeta grunted and snatched the bag. It was about time someone showed him some respect.

"Let's go," Vegeta commanded the three stunned Saiyans that were still standing at the other end of the line.

"I said let's go! I don't have all day," Vegeta growled as he headed for the door.

The three quickly shook themselves out of their daze and followed their insane monarch.

* * *

Whew! Finally I updated! Anyway, remember that You + Review = Update. Thanks for reading.