Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Shopping Adventure ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: No not me.

AN: I know it seems like I'm taking a long time updating but I really am trying to keep up with every fic. If I have story that you really like and that I seem to be ignoring, just e-mail me and let me know you guys are still interested and I promise to try to update it. Now for the comedy (or at least my attempt at it).

* * *

"Dad, I hungry."

Vegeta glanced in the rear view mirror. "Tough. Deal with it."

Trunks frowned and slumped in his seat.

Goku gave Vegeta a disapproving look. "Come on Vegeta, let's stop. The girls didn't feed them before we left and I have to admit that I'm a little hungry myself."

Vegeta snarled and slammed on his brakes (once again in the fast lane). "What is wrong with you people?!?!?! Does no one else want get this Hell over and done with but me?!" He asked scowling around the car.

"But we're really, really hungryyyyy, Vegeta" Goten whined.

Vegeta sighed and slumped in the driver seat. `Why me?' he thought as he scanned the area. Spotting a Burger King, he put his foot back on the gas pedal. "Fine. We'll stop for a quick snack."

* * *

Amy Peterson sagged against the counter. They had just finished the lunch hour rush and she, like all her other co-workers, was pooped.

"Ready for your break, Amy?" John the manager asked her.

"You can bet your life on it!" Amy said.

John chuckled and nodded. "All right. Just let me count this drawer down and then you can take it," he said as a purple hared boy and three companions who seemed to have out of controlled bushes on their heads entered.

"Would you get these weirdos for me?" John whispered.

Amy laughed. "Sure thing, boss."

As John moved to the office to count drawers, Amy took her place at the register. She examined the group as they approached. The younger two were extremely cute and probably about the same age or a little younger than her. As for the adults, the tallest one look friendly and approachable, her favorite type of customer, but the short one however…didn't.

It was just her luck that the short one stepped to the counter first. Putting on her brightest Burger King smile she started into her spill. "Hi! Welcome to Burger King! What can I get for you today?"

Vegeta glanced quickly over the menu. "I will take 53 double whoppers with cheese, two King Size fries, a King Size drink, and 7 Hershey Sundae Pies."

"Okay that's 53 double- 53!!! Are you serious?"

"Quite. And I don't want any onions on my burgers. If there is one single onion on any of my burgers I will make sure you regret it, am I understood?"

"Y-yes sir," Amy stuttered.

Vegeta then turned to his son. "Boy?"

Trunks smiled and stepped up to the register. "I think I'll take the same plus two extra King Size fries. Oh and you can put onions on my burgers."

"Will that be all?" Amy asked dazed.

Vegeta nodded. Amy told him his total and after he paid she gave him his number, then almost fearfully turned to the other two.

"Go head Goten and tell her what you want," Goku said.

"Um… I'll take…32...no wait 33 fish sandwiches, six King Size fries, a King Size drink, and three Hershey Sundae Pies."

"Oh dear God," Amy muttered as she put in his order.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" came an outraged cry from the kitchen.

Amy glanced back nervously then turned to her remaining customer. "And for you sir?"

"I'll take 53 fish sandwiches, ten King size fries, a King size drink, 12 apple pies and…um…how's the Chicken Whopper?"

"Um it's all right," Amy answered.

"Well you better throw three of those in for good measure and that'll be all," Goku finished with a smile.

Amy's hand shook slightly as she put in the order.

"OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!" came another scream from the back.

"Uh, your order number is 65," Amy told Goku.

"Thanks," Goku said as he took his cup and moved to the drink station where his three Saiyan comrades where filling their cups.

At that moment John came running from the back. "Amy what is all that stuff on the screen?!"

"It's their order," a still dazed Amy said motioning towards the four.

"I don't think you'll be getting that break any time soon. Come on, you and I have to start on order 65 while Bertha and Marcus do 64," John said grabbing her arm.

"Make sure that Bertha doesn't put onions on 53 of the double whoppers on 64. That guy is completely whacked out," Amy said remembering the onion threat.

* * *

Twenty minutes later, each Saiyan man had a half of his order with a promise that the rest would be out soon. The Son men were shoveling the food into their mouths as if they had never seen fish before, much to the disgust of their royal counterparts. Shaking their heads, Vegeta and Trunks dug into their meals with the same ravenousness but much more…tidiness for lack of a better word.

"FINISHED!" Goku and Goten cried at the same time. Smiling bright they high fived each other across the table.

Vegeta rolled his eyes and popped a fry into his mouth.

"Are you guys ready for the next half?"

Goku nodded at the manager as the kitchen staff began carrying out the next half of their order. Within ten minutes Goten cried `finished!' a split second before his father.

"Ha! Beat ya dad!" he said.

"I guess you did," Goku said wiping his mouth with his hand. It was then that the big shiny playland caught his eye. "Wow!" he said mesmerized. "Come on Goten," he said hoping out of his seat.

Goten glanced at the playland longingly then at Trunks nervously. "I don't think so Dad."

Trunks caught the look and rolled his eyes. "Go on Goten. You know want to. I promise I won't make fun of you."

"Gee thanks Trunks! Let's go Dad," he cried as he ran into the playland with Goku close on his heals.

When they were gone, Trunks turned and smirked at his father. "I'll never let him live this down."

For the first time that day, Vegeta smirked.

They sat in silence finishing off the rest of their meals at an even pace now that their hunger had been sated. They were both down to one burger when Trunks decided to attempt conversation.

"So, how's training?" he asked not sure what else to ask.

"Adequate," Vegeta said.

Trunks nodded then bit into his sandwich. Silence (an: can't you just hear the crickets chirping?).

Finally Vegeta sighed.

"How's…what is it you do during the day?"

"School?" Trunks supplied.

"Yeah, how's that?"

"It's good."

"Oh, well, okay," Vegeta nodded as he opened and bit into his last sandwich.

Trunks frowned in concern when his father's eyes went wide. His blue eyes widened in horror as Vegeta reached into his mouth and pulled out a long slimy onion.

"Son of a bitch!" Vegeta yelled as he pushed away from the table and marched over to the counter. He walked right through the door and into the back.

"Oh shit!" Trunks cried as he stood and ran into the playland. "GOKU!!!!!"

* * *

First off I'm starting a general mailing list for all my stories so if you want to be on it the just leave your email address in your review. Second I have laid out an updating rotation that looks like this:

Vegeta and the Great Shopping Adventure

When You Least Expect

Relationships

The Show

The Group

As for Willpower and My Friend I am discontinuing these fics…J/K ^_~. Willpower and My Friend will be updated between the other fics as the spirit hits me. You + Review = Update. Thanks for reading.