Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Willpower ❯ I Say Make 'em Work For It ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I wish.

AN: Special thanks to Susan (thanks!), Kiyasha, Nebula, Element Rogue, Tristar 49, Point26, Maggs, Akiya, Papa Bear, Mela989898, Camilla, Beth, Z, Visa Kusanagi, W-chan, Kat, lil debbie, Kaiobaby, TANISHA, Kelly, gokusgirl, The almighty God of Cheese, Crackers, and Communism, Kiarene, Saiyangirl, Evil Gotenks, Masume, Capral24, The Mystic Cetra, Kelsea, IneiTenshi, Jeni, Silverstar, shellagh22, Dragon Girl, White Hero, Krillball6, Erie Dragon, SSJ3GOTENKS, Jay, ChatChat, SSjGoten, Vegeta's True Love, StillbornAngel, The Crazy Saiyan Stalker, Scotty 2010, Flames: Vegeta's little sister, Caralin Fury, Kat, ronin (cha ^_~), Dragon Empress, sky, lavafrog715, silmir, person, shadow, Patrick, Hetchi, priss, Kandy, and, of course, Ms. Kahlan Nightwing (*sweatdrops* …uh…none of this is your fault. I take full responsibility. There I said it! Now will you spare them?). Enjoy!

* * *

Gohan landed on the front porch of his parent's home. As he reached for the knob, he took special care not break the door off it's hinges. He had been doing that a lot over the past week. If he had to keep hiring people to fix broken doors, he'd end up in the poor house.

As he entered the Son home he was greeted with a common scenario. His mother was buzzing around the stove, while his father sat waiting patiently at the kitchen table. The mood however was quite different from the norm. It actually felt dreary in the room. It matched his mood perfectly.

He entered the room and took a seat at the table across from his father.

"Hi Gohan," Goku said in an extremely lacking voice.

"Hi Dad," Gohan returned in a deadpan voice that would revival 18's.

ChiChi turned from the stove, a cup of coffee in hand.

"Oh hello Gohan," she said with little pep.

She handed the cup to Goku and as she did, their fingers brushed. His eyes immediately locked with hers, desire flickering there. ChiChi gulped as a shiver ran down her spine.

"I have to go to the store," she mumbled hoarsely before she let go of the cup. Quickly grabbing her purse she hurried out the house.

Gohan raised a brow at the exchange but said nothing. He had other things on his mind and he needed some advice.

"Was there something you needed, Gohan?" Goku asked his son as he sipped his coffee.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you about something," Gohan started.

Goku arched an expectant brow when his son didn't continue. "About?" he prompted.

Gohan sighed. He might as well jump right into it. "Well Dad, has there been a time when…I mean does Mom ever- what I'm trying to say is does Mom ever not want...man this is a lot harder than I thought."

Goku sighed and sat down his cup. "Look Gohan, I can't help you unless you spit the problem out."

"Well has Mom ever," Gohan bit his lip as he tried to think of the right words, "not wanted to…"

Goku frowned. "Not wanted to what?"

"You know," Gohan said blushing slightly.

"Oh," Goku said in understanding. Then his frown returned as he asked, "You mean Videl…"

Gohan nodded his head sadly.

"How long has this been going on?" Goku asked.

"A little over a week."

"Must be something in the water," Goku muttered.

"What?" Gohan asked not quite sure he had heard him right.

"Nothing," Goku said as he stood. "To be honest I don't know what to tell you son, but I think we could both benefit from a good sparring match. You game?"

Gohan shrugged. "Might as well. Not like I have anything better to do."

The two Son men exited the small home and took to the air. Neither spoke as they neared their usually sparring spot. They both came to a sudden halt, though, when an odd feeling came over them.

"Do you feel that energy, Dad? It's incredible," Gohan said in awe.

"I know," Goku breathe. He then turned to his son. "You know who it feels."

"Vegeta," they both said in the same breath.

"He must be fighting some great villain if his using all that energy," Gohan said.

Goku nodded. "Come let's go. He may need our help."

At Gohan's nod, they both kicked up their ki's and sped to the battlefield.

* * *

As they reached the field, an enraged battle cry ripped from Vegeta's throat.

They watch in awe as Vegeta, in full SSj4 mode, blasted his fearless opponents into the next dimension. Goku and Gohan looked at each other with wide eyes as Vegeta continued his assault. Being Vegeta, he didn't hold anything back and in his blind rage he never noticed that he had fallen from SSj4 to level two and then to level one. When he had finally dropped completely out of Super Saiyan form he leaned against one of his wooden enemies to support himself as he caught his breath. It was the only one left standing. All the other trees had already met their doom.

Goku and Gohan slowly descended to the ground. As they slowly advanced on Vegeta, they noticed the wary look on his face. They knew the look well. It was a look they had both faced in the mirror every morning for the last week.

"Vegeta?" Gohan said cautiously once they had reached him.

He didn't respond.

Goku reached out and lightly touched Vegeta on the shoulder.

"Unless you're prepared to die, I suggest you leave me be," Vegeta growled as he continued to lean his forehead on the tree.

"Bulma too, huh?" Goku said.

Vegeta frowned and turn to look at his two fellow Saiyans. "What do you mean by that?"

"You know exactly what I mean Vegeta," Goku said.

"You mean…" Vegeta started.

"Yep. ChiChi and Videl too," Goku affirmed.

"There must be something going around," Gohan said sarcastically.

"If so, the woman must have caught it from one of your two harpies," Vegeta grunted.

"You better watch your mouth, Vegeta," Goku threatened. Normally he would've let a comment like that slide but today he was just itching for a fight.

"Or what Kakarot?" Vegeta challenge. To hell with trees, he wanted a real opponent.

"Or I'll remind you who the real number one Saiyan is."

"Why you son of a-" Vegeta growled as he charged at Goku.

Unfortunately, neither got the fight they were looking for as Gohan stepped between them.

"Come on guys. Let's not fight. In turbulent time like these we have to stick together. Now calm down and let's think."

"Fine," Goku conceded.

Vegeta grunted.

The three stood for a moment and thought. Finally Vegeta sighed.

"Maybe it's a human thing. A defect in their genetic make-up. They have so many, after all."

Goku frowned and looked at his son. "What do you think Gohan?"

"It's possible, but the only way to know for sure is talk to someone human."

"Well that's easy. Let's see outside of the girls themselves we only have two choices. Krillin or Yamucha," Goku said.

"I am not talking to that idiot baseball player about the woman's sex drive," Vegeta growled. (an: I wonder why?)

"Fine then we'll talk to Krillin. He should be home, so we can go see him now," Gohan said.

With a plan set, the three took to the air heading for Kame House.

* * *

Krillin shook his head in disbelief.

"That really sucks guys," he said.

"You're telling us," Goku said.

Krillin had been more than a little surprised when the three Saiyans had landed on his doorstep. They had just given him the bare facts of what had been happening over the last week. The looks of helplessness and defeat on their faces were pathetic, to say the least.

"I really can't believe they went through with it. You guys really got your hands full with those three. Pride. It'll get you every time-"

Gohan put his hands up. "Wait a minute Krillin! Go back. What do you mean `you can't believe they went through with it'?"

Krillin looked around the table in surprise at the three very interested Saiyans. "What? Do you mean you guys don't know?"

"Know what Krillin?" Goku prompted.

Krillin bit his lip. "I don't know guys. Maybe I wasn't supposed to tell."

"You'd better spit out what you know, Baldy," Vegeta threaten.

Krillin sighed. "Fine. Here's the deal. ChiChi and Bulma got into this argument about who could go without sex longer. Anyway they made this bet for twenty zeni day who would last longer. Some how or another they talked Videl into it as well. That's all I know."

"Oh Man! I can't believe this," Gohan cried.

"Son of a-" Goku started.

"Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. I am being denied my woman for a few zeni?" Vegeta asked.

"In a sense, yes," Krillin said.

"Well if she thinks I am going to put up with this shit, she got another thing coming," Vegeta said standing from the table. Goku and Gohan nodded in agreement and also stood.

"Wait a minute guys!" Krillin said.

The three wary husbands turned and frowned at him.

Krillin fidgeted under their dark gazes then gathered his courage and spoke. "Guys have you thought about this?"

"What do you mean?" Gohan frowned.

"Well, think about it guys. If you'll go home right now and demand that they stop the bet you know they won't listen. They're too stubborn. And even if they do stop then it will just start up again when they get into another argument. I suggest you let it run it's coarse."

"That's easy for you to say, Krillin. 18 isn't apart of the bet. What? Do you expect us to just sit around and wait until they decide to alot us some action?" Goku asked.

"I didn't say that," Krillin said with a sly smile. "They want to prove their willpower, I say you guys make `em work for it."

The three males looked at each other and then returned their attention to Krillin.

"What do you have in mind?" Vegeta asked suspiciously.

Krillin smiled. "Sit down gentlemen. We have a lot to talk about."

* * *

Jadedbest: Well. Looks like things are about to get complicated. *looks to the right* Wouldn't you guys say so?

18 and K: *Nod*

JB: *smiling* Are you guys liking the story so far?

Krillin: Yeah it's great. It's just…

JB: *frowning* Just what?

Krillin: Well don't you think it's a little mean?

JB: *snarling* Well it would be even meaner if I added your wife to the mix. I could, you know?

*K and 18 glance at each other nervously.*

Krillin: Actually what I meant was that this is the best story I ever read!

JB: *smiling* Thank you! Do you really mean it?

Krillin: Yeah! It's great, wonderful, terrific.

18: Glorious!

JB: *tearyeyed* Thanks guys! You're the best! *turns to readers* Well I hope you guys liked this chapter. Remember: You + Review = Update. Thanks for reading.