Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Willpower ❯ A deal with the devil ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: If only I did but I don't so stop asking.

AN: Okay guys things are getting deep. I don't know what's going to happen here. J/K ^_^. Of course I know and the only way you'll know is if you keep reading.

* * *

Videl curled her legs beneath her as she continued to flick channels, finally landing on the news. Behind her, the front door opened and a sweaty but excited Pan came running into the house.

"Hi Mom," she threw over her shoulder as she ran upstairs.

"Hi sweetheart," Videl responded as Gohan came through the door and closed it behind him. Their eyes locked and Gohan subconsciously moistened his lips causing a chill to run through her. Gohan took a step towards her as a special bulletin flashed across the screen.

"This is Dark Buckman reporting live from the Keystone Dam. A family van has plunged into the river and divers are optimistic but not positive that they will be able to reached the family trapped inside in time."

Gohan stopped his advance and looked at the screen. "I guess I should go," he murmured.

"Yeah, I guess you should," Videl answered.

Sighing heavily, Gohan hurried upstairs to grab his watch.

Videl turned back to the TV and pulled her knees to her chest, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. She practically jumped out of her skin when the phone rang at the other end of the couch. Once she calmed her heart rate she crawled down the couch and answered,

"Hello."

"Hi Videl! How are you?"

Videl pulled the phone from her ear and gave it a strange look. "Bulma?" she questioned when she returned it to her ear.

"Yeah it's me all right! Look Videl I need to talk to you. Can you come over?"

Videl was more than a little suspicious of Bulma's cheerful tone. "Well actually Bulma, Gohan just left so I don't have anyone to watch Pan and-"

"That's okay bring her with you. Bra wants someone to play with anyhow."

`Now what is she up to?' Videl wondered. "I don't think so Bulma?"

"Look Videl, if you come over I could have you in Gohan's arms by the weekend, maybe even sooner," Bulma said in a suddenly serious tone.

Videl's eyes widened. "Really?"

"Really," Bulma affirmed.

Videl bit her lip. "Give me fifteen minutes."

"See you then," Bulma said hanging up.

Videl hung up the phone and glanced at the television.

"Once again our city's hero, The Great Saiyaman has saved the day! Are there no limits to what this mystery man can do?"

Videl smiled at the picture of her husband gently placing the water soaked van on dry land, the happy family inside cheering him on.

Videl quickly hoped out of her seat and hurried upstairs to collect her daughter.

* * *

Videl stepped out of the car and glanced up at Capsule Corp. with some trepidation as Pan walked around from her side of the car.

"Mom do I have to go in there? I'm still mad at Bra. She'll make me play with one of her stupid dolls or something," Pan whined.

Videl gave her a comforting smile. "Pan, sweetheart, I know Bra can sometimes be a-"

"Pain," Pan supplied.

Videl held back her chuckle. "Anyway sometime you have to make allowances for people. After all she really can't help it, you know who her father is, right?"

Pan thought about this a moment. "I guess you're right. All right Mom, I'll be nice."

"Thank you. I promise this won't take long."

They made their way up the front steps and rang the doorbell. A very flustered looking housekeeper, who told them that Mrs. Briefs was upstairs in her office waiting, greeted them.

Videl and Pan ascended the stairs and watched in awe as the staff buzzed around excitedly, one man almost knocking them over in his rush. They gave each a curious look then continued on to the Bulma's office. When they reached the room, Bulma was behind her desk looking over her daughter's shoulder as the little girl sat in her chair drawing something on the paper in front of her. Videl cleared her throat causing to Bulma looked up and smiled.

"That was quick," she observed.

"Well let's just say you quipped my interest," Videl responded.

Bulma chuckled then turned to her daughter. "Bra, dear, why don't you take Pan to your room?"

Bra nodded eagerly and hopped out of the chair. She stopped in front of her fellow demi-Saiyan and smiled. "Come on Pan, I want to show my new doll, Suzie Scream-a-lot. She throws a real temper-tantrum and everything," the little princess said excitedly.

Pan threw her mother a `I-told-you-so' look. Videl's eyes pleaded with her to just go with it. Finally Pan sighed and pasted a smile on her face. "Sure Bra. Let's go," she said mimicking Bra's tone.

Bra grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the room. Bulma smiled as she watched the two leave before she turned to Videl. "They're so cute at that age."

Videl nodded her head slightly in agreement. "What was it you wanted to see me about?"

Bulma's smile spread. "Ready to get down to business I see. I like that. Please sit down."

Videl took a seat in one of the chairs in front of the large desk just as a young girl knocked softly on the open door.

"Yes Darcy?" Bulma asked her secretary.

"Here are the invitations you wanted," the girl said handing Bulma a small stack.

Bulma looked through the stack quickly. "These all seem to be in order. Have messengers leave immediately to deliver these. I'll deliver Piccolo's and Tien's myself," she said removing two of the envelopes then stopped and removed a third. "Oh, and I'll keep this one as well." She then handed the rest of the stack back to Darcy. The girl nodded her head in understanding then left the room, closing the door.

Bulma turned back to Videl and handed her the third invite before she moved around to sit in the chair her daughter had just vacated.

Videl looked over the invitation with her and Gohan's names scrawled across the front. "What's this?" she asked looked back at Bulma.

"That's an invitation to my little friendly get together tomorrow night and that's why you're here," Bulma said as she sat back in her seat and laced her fingers in her lap.

"Oh really? And how is this little get together going to get me out of the bet?"

Bulma smiled and leaned forward. "Look Videl, you and I both know that there is no way ChiChi can win this bet in the end. But she's just stubborn enough to drag this out unnecessarily. I propose that we put an end to this tomorrow night."

"Oh yeah and how do you propose we do that?" Videl asked suspiciously.

"With these," Bulma said removing a small see-through bottle from her drawer and sat it on top of the desk.

Videl looked at the container full of small pink pills curiously. "What are those?"

"These are Capsule Corp. brand Ecstasy pills and at tomorrow's party I intend to slip these little babies to ChiChi, effectively ridding us of this bet nonsense."

"Ecstasy?" Videl said in surprise. She didn't know much about drugs but even she had heard about this one. "Aren't those dangerous?" She was still pissed about the things ChiChi had said about her a few hours ago but she didn't want her hurt.

"That's the beauty of these. They've been treated to remove all the dangers leaving nothing but a sexual stimulant. I must that their inventor is a real genius," Bulma said with pride, making Videl arch a brow. "Tomorrow night will be a dinner/dance for our little warrior family and I am going to slip one of these into ChiChi's drink. If I'm right before the night is over ChiChi will be all over Goku and you and I will be…well…you know where that puts us. That is if you're willing to make a little deal with me," Bulma finished.

"What kind of deal?"

"I will do all the work of making sure she gets the drug. All I want you to do is agree that on the night after the party, after ChiChi admits to losing this bet, that you and I will both give in and spilt not only the prize money but also the gloating privileges," Bulma finished.

Videl was quiet as she thought about the little plan, then she gave Bulma a narrowed look. "Why are you doing this? Why didn't you just use it on both of us then keep the `gloating privileges' to yourself?"

Bulma's smile fell slightly then she sighed. "To be honest, I really don't know. I'm not going to lie to you, the thought crossed my mind a million times. But for some reason I can't do that to you, seeing as you really didn't want to get involved in the first place. I think it's only fair that you get something out of this. So do we have a deal?" she asked extending her across the table.

Videl bit down on her lip. Deep down she knew this was wrong. Just as she prepared to turn Bulma down then the picture of Gohan slowly sucking on her finger floated into her mind. Standing quickly she grasped Bulma's hand and shook it firmly. "Then I guess I'll see you tomorrow night." She then turned to the door but was stopped by Bulma's voice.

"Oh and Videl," she called.

"Yes?"

"It's a formal occasion, so be prepared for one hell of a night," she said.

* * *

Jadedbest: *mouth gaps open* Bulma!

Bulma: What?

Jadedbest: *grabs Bulma's hand and slaps it* Bad, bad, bad Bulma!

Bulma: *pulls hand away and shakes it* Ouch that hurts!

Jadedbest: *blushes* Sorry. *turns to readers* Well the lines have been drawn in Bulma's evil plan. But you guys know me. There's no way I'm going to make this easy on our ladies. You + Review = Update. Thanks for reading.