Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ You Will Be Mine ❯ I always play by my own rules ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

I always play by my own rules

It had been a wise decision to go to sleep before she realised what she had done. Around five in the morning it finally hit her and she couldn't possibly go to sleep again. She was sitting up in bed, clenching her fists so tightly that her nails dug into the flesh of her hands. "Oh god oh god, oh Dende, what have I done?" she muttered frantically, staring blankly at her wall. "I am never going to be able to see him again! I made a complete fool out of myself!" She bit her lip, trying to calm herself. "I know, I'll blame it on the alcohol." She paused. "Was there alcohol? Does he know that I didn't drink any? Wait, maybe he drank and he doesn't remember anything of this!"

"Pan?" A knock on her door. "Are you alright?"

Pan laughed nervously. "I'm fine, Dad!"

"Are you sure?" came her father's worried voice. "It sounded like you were talking to yourself…"

"It happens, dad," she called, hoping that he would leave her alone.

"If you're really sure…" Gohan said, uncertain.

"I am, Daddy. Go back to bed," she said, smiling a little as she heard her father walk back to her parents' room. She knew exactly how he looked now, his dark eyes full concern, a hand in his hair, ready to go into protective-daddy mode. It was only one of the many reasons why she loved him so much.

She bit her lip again. And Trunks? She loved him too. Even if she wasn't sure about the romantic way, she definitely loved him as a friend. Had she just done the one thing to lose him completely? Yesterday she was sure their bond was too strong to break. At the moment she wasn't so certain.

She glanced at her alarm clock. Five thirty. It was useless to try to go to sleep now, she might as well get up. If she was fast, she could maybe even catch Vegeta on his morning training and coax him into sparring with her. She could use something to take her mind off Trunks.

She slapped her forehead. Sparring with Vegeta would mean going to Capsule Corps, which meant seeing Trunks. She didn't know how to act, what to do, what to say to him. She could try and talk herself out of this, tell him it was a joke, that he shouldn't take things like that seriously. But did she want to talk herself out of this? No matter what, this was a chance. Besides, it was a bet now, and Pan Son did not lose bets.

She sighed as she got up and started digging in her closet. If she was going to do this, she might as well dress to impress.

*^*^*^*^*

Pan stood in the Capsule Corps garden, trying to decide what to do. She hoped that she could find Bulma or Bra to ask where Vegeta was before Trunks came down and noticed her. If either of them was up already, that is.

Front door, back door, kitchen door? Everybody's ki was so low that she could not point out where exactly they were. She definitely did not want to bump into Trunks but avoiding him was rather hard when she did not know where he was.

Eventually she flew up to Bra's room and knocked on the window.

It took three more knocks for the window to break. Pan cursed and Bra jumped up, her eyes wide. "What the hell?.." she exclaimed, saw Pan behind the broken window who was smiling sheepishly, and groaned. "Pan, not again," she sighed, wiping her blue hair out of her face. She scrambled out of her bed, trying to detangle her feet from the covers. "What are you doing here?" she asked as she glanced around.

"I wanted to ask Vegeta if he wanted to spar," Pan explained. She raised her eyebrows at Bra. "What are you looking for?"

"Shoes," Bra said, rolling her eyes. "Obviously. I don't want glass in my feet."

"You can fly, Bra," Pan sighed. "Besides, if you power up, the glass can't even penetrate your skin."

"I don't want to attract my dad's attention," Bra muttered, but she levitated anyway. "He's busy."

Pan looked at her friend oddly. Had Bra ever been reluctant to bother her father?

"He's with my mom," Bra explained, getting a bit red in her face. "You know. Don't make me say it out loud, it's bad enough that you made me think about it."

"Oh!" Pan exclaimed, also blushing faintly. "No, definately don't want to go there. Kay."

Bra looked at her window and sighed. The window-sill and the floor under it were covered with glass fragments. "Thank you, Pan. What a lovely way to wake up, and at this hour, too."

Pan blushed darker. "I'll clean it up for you," she said meekly and started wiping the glass into a pile.

Bra shook her head. "Never mind, leave it alone. The house robots will clean it up." She looked over her shoulder, looking around her room, then floated to her closet and started picking out clothes.

Pan was still floating outside. She opened the window, careful not to cut herself on the glass fragments that were still in the window frame, and flew through it.

"I'm gonna take a shower, first. Why don't you go downstairs and get something to eat? I know you're hungry," Bra suggested, not even looking up from her closet. The blue-haired girl was comparing the color of two red shirts, frowning slightly.

Pan laughed. There was no one who could make such a point out of clothes as Bra. "Considering the fact that picking out your clothes alone is going to take you thirty minutes, I think I'll go do that," she said grinning and left the room. Bra did not even acknowledge her.

Only when she entered the kitchen she realised what a stupid idea this had been. Hungry or not, if she wanted to avoid Trunks, this was the last place she should go to. Sooner or later he would show up here. No Saiyan could ignore the calling of food for long.

She made a beeline for the other door, the one that lead outside, when she heard low chucking behind her.

"Running away from me now, Panny?" a much too familiar voice called tauntingly. "I thought you wanted to be close to me?"

Pan twirled around, seething, as Trunks continued, his voice purposely a few tones lower: "You know you want me."

Her breath caught in her throat as she saw him. He was standing in the doorway, face hidden behind his silky, lavender hair. He was only wearing jeans. Tight jeans. His lightly tanned chest was smooth and muscled and a very thin line of dark hairs trailed from his navel down to disappear under his pants. Muscles in his chest and arm tensed and relaxed as he reached up to wipe his hair from his face. His eyes were deepblue as the sea and obviously amused.

"Pan, you're staring," he smirked and walked into the kitchen, simply brushing past her as she breathed in deeply to savor his scent.

Pan finally pulled herself together and shook her head, trying to get something like a cognitive thought in her mind.

He was doing this on purpose. He knew she wanted him, he had known she was in here and he had decided to tease her. She wanted to be angry with him, but she could not. He was playing her at her own game, and he was better at it, too. Perhaps he had done it only to find out if she was serious, if she really wanted him, or maybe it was the cruel arrogance that could drive him from time to time.

Either way, he now definitely knew it. He had, after all, the infamous saiyan sense of smell and Pan was so turned on right now that even a human man could have smelled it. Her cheeks burned in shame as she stood there, but he did not even look at her as he rummaged about in the cupboards.

She breathed in deeply. There was one way to turn this back on him. What could turn a man on more than smelling a turned on woman?

He only noticed her when she touched his shoulder. He turned around, eyebrows high. "Pan?"

She put one hand on his chest and slowly slid it up to his shoulder. The puzzled look on his face could have been hilarious if she had not been so close that she could smell him, feel his heat on her skin. She leaned into him until her breasts pressed against his chest and curved her back so that her whole body was touching his. She pushed up her hips only a bit and he made a tiny sound in the back of his throat. She stared up at him, her mouth so very close to his neck, and breathed against his collar bone.

And then Vegeta walked in, watching them, an arrogantly amused look on his face. Pan could feel her cheeks grow hot but she pulled herself away from Trunks only slowly, grudgingly. She didn't need saiyan senses to know that that had made him quite hot, too, and the last thing she wanted to do was pull apart from him. But now that his father had walked in, she knew that his mind would kick in any second. He would realise what had happened and would not be too pleased.

She shot one last lingering look at him and then skipped past Vegeta out of the kitchen. Let him think about that for a while, she thought, satisfied, and ran back to Bra's room.

~*^*#$#*^*~

AN: I'm sorry, don't hit me, I know I took long! *hides* I've been on vacation (to Rome! Just a friend and I! So very cool) and had exams and graduated, so…

Still looking for a beta reader, look at my info if you think you're qualified, if you still think you're qualified, then by all means do tell me.